The Rainbow Pool
Painting A Pet
From drab... to fab!
Step 1: Obtaining a Paint Brush
Paint Brushes can be gained from random events, contest prizes, and even some dailies. The Hidden Tower also sells four exclusive Paint Brushes (Baby, Darigan, Maractite and Royal), but the most reliable way of getting a Paint Brush is to buy one off another user. Many brushes must be found on the Trading Post since they're so expensive, but the Shop Wizard may also be a good place to look for the cheaper ones.
However, there are some colours that aren't available through Paint Brushes.
- Lab Ray exclusives:
- Lab Ray or Fountain Faerie exclusives:
- Coconut (except Chias have a Magical Chia Pop available, see more below)
- Item-exclusives (technically, these are similar to Paint Brushes, but you use them through your inventory rather than the Rainbow Pool; they can also be obtained at the Lab Ray or Fountain Faerie):
- 8-Bit: Use the 8-bit Power-Up Potion. (Not available via the Fountain Faerie.)
- Fruit & Veggie (Chias only): Feed a Magical Chia Pop to a Chia.
- The Magical Chokato Chia Pop can additionally be used on a Kiko.
- Mutant: Use a Transmogrification Potion.
- Magma: exclusive to the Magma Pool.
Step 2: Going to the Rainbow Pool
Alright, so this part is pretty straightforward. First, go to Neopia Central then click on the small pool with the rainbow coming down into it.
Once you get there, you will see the Paint Brushes you have in your Inventory. Your pets will be listed at the bottom of the page with a dropdown in which you will find the colours available for that particular pet.
To paint your pet, just click on the colour underneath the list and press submit. (Make sure you check the right colour, because there's no warning for this!)
And voilà! Once your pet has been blow dried, you're instantly taken to the Quick Reference page where you can see your pet in all its new glory!
So, see? Painting a pet is as easy as pie! Getting the Paint Brush is the hardest part.
If you're having trouble deciding which colour to paint your pet check out the New Rainbow Pool, right here on JN! You can preview all pet colours currently available. If you just want to look at Paint Brushes, check out this search in our Item Database!
This article was written by: DragonBeak