Coltzan's Shrine is a daily that is located in the Lost Desert.
Visiting the Shrine
You may approach Coltzan's Shrine once every 13 hours, which resets daily at midnight. (Thanks to trepidatious for the first half of that info.)
You may not visit on your side accounts since item prizes are possible.
As of August 28, 2013, you may randomly find that Sparky, Coltzan's beloved pet, has ascended and Coltzan will offer you a winged likeness of his old pet before approaching the shrine:
You will receive the following petpet once:
Sparky was added as a prize after the passing of the a former Neopets artist's dog (named Sparky) who passed away on August 27, 2013. This dog was the inspiration for the Spardel.
The shrine was built by Princess Vyssa to honour her father, King Coltzan III, but upon the unveiling the shrine, Coltzan's crown was discovered to be missing. The crown's power was said to protect the whole of the Lost Desert from harm. Fortunately, Neopians searched for the crown and returned it to its rightful place during the Search for the Crown plot.
If he's feeling generous, King Coltzan may reward you with a prize for visiting his shrine. This can come in the form of Neopoints, an item, a stat increase, or healing of your pets. Information about the different types of prizes can be found below:
If "You feel slightly richer!" after visiting the shrine, you'll receive anywhere from 100 NP to 300 NP, but keep your fingers crossed for the elusive and famed one million Neopoint giveaway.
Coltzan can award a variety of items, including several exclusive prizes. The available items are mostly a mix of Battledome items and low-rarity desert food items. The tables below are separated based on the message you get when you receive that item. If you know of a prize or message we are missing, please let us know!
Stat Increases and Healing
Coltzan awards multiple different stat increases. His gift will only ever affect your active pet, though, so keep that in mind if you are hoping for a boost. Stat increases seem to become much, much rarer (though not impossible) if your pet already has somewhat high stats.
We have listed the different types of boosts that you can receive below. He may raise a statistic by just one point or by ten if you're really lucky.
- Hit Points
Similarly, he can heal your pets, which means restoring them to full hit points. This prize will either affect only your active pet, or will affect all pets on your account.
Sometimes you will simply win nothing from the shrine, though there are several ways this can happen:
- You hear a high pitched scream, then it fades.
- Your hands glow blue for a moment...
- The sand beneath your feet feels warmer than usual...
- You hear maniacal laughter in the distance...
- A chill wind picks up, and then dies down again...
- You get a tingly feeling in your spine...
- Nothing seems to happen.
- Maybe you should wait a while before visiting the shrine again.... (only if you try visiting on the same day as but within 13 hours of your last visit)
Timing of Prizes
Back when Coltzan's Shrine was first released, if you visited at a certain minute past the hour, you were guaranteed to receive a specific prize. However, after extensive research, this no longer seems to be true.
However, TNT have implied several times in the Editorial that the prize pool, although random, is somehow influenced by the time of day that you visit Coltzan.
My friend told me that his cousin said that Coltzan's Shirne gives out 1,000,000 Np at 3:00 a.m. EST or 12:00 a.m. PST and NST. Does it really give it out a 3:00 a.m. or is it 1 in 6 million? Or is it at a different time?
There is no definite way to win 1 million Neopoints, but the time of day you visit Coltzan's Shrine does affect your reward.
Hello! Is there a trick like a specific time of day to get good stuff from Coltzan and King Hagan? Or is it just random? ...Mmmm the Mystery Island Mystic told me you'd answer my question. :) - Mysticmirella
The Mystery Island Mystic eh? Hehe, well the time of day does alter the prizes, but there is no one time when you are totally guaranteed to get good stuff.
When your pet arrives at Coltzan's Shrine, they will make a comment to you. The comment is completely random and not related to prizes. Here is the complete list of known comments:
- After this we should go and get a smoothie!
- Afterwards, do you fancy a game of Deckswabber?
- And to think, Malkus Vile would have got away with it if it wasnt for us pesky Neopets!
- Aren't there dubloons buried in the sand around here?
- Come on Coltzan, make me stronger!
- Destruct-O-Match sounds like fun right about now.
- Do you think he will make me stronger?
- I better get some rare items out of this!!!
- I could do with some help, Coltzan!
- I hear the shrine can give out one million Neopoints!!!
- I hope this doesnt hurt!!!
- I wonder if the shrine gives better prizes at certain times of day?
- Im glad they brought the crown back!
- I'm hungry
- I'm not sure, do you want to play Gormball instead?
- I'm sure more intelligent Neopets would understand this shrine better than me!
- Poor old Coltzan...
- They took long enough to make this shrine, it better be good!
- This sounds like fun!
- This sounds like fun...
- Was Coltzan a good king??
This article was written by: noileh