Jan 3 - Aisha Day
Jan 6 - Gnorbu Day
Jan 11 - Buzz Day
Jan 14 - Sloth Day
Jan 16 - Elephante Day
Jan 29 - Kacheek Day
Welcome to Jellyneo.net!
Welcome to Jellyneo, the #1 ad-free Neopets help site! We offer news and tips for the popular online game Neopets. Here's what you can find on the site:
You can also register a jnAccount; it's free and lets you access special features! (Find out more!)
Pick your news:
Neopets News |
JN Updates |
You can vote in each round! So don't forget to vote in rounds 3 and 4 in the later part of the day.
A new Neopet!?
That's right! With a new Neopets plot coming up (as heard in the Editorial and Nosy Neopians!), TNT is considering giving a petpet the ol' Krawk treatment by finding a little magic to make it grow into the 56th species of Neopet!
With so many petpets in Neopia, they've asked us to run a little knockout bracket to help them make their decision. We've come up with the top 16 petpets (as voted by the JN Staff), and we're going to be running a one-day four round tournament allowing you to vote for your favorite. Think March Madness... but instead, it's petpets!
Voting starts... NOW! Carefully consider which petpet you think would turn into the best Neopet before making your choices!
Here's the full voting schedule:
- Round 1: 12:00 AM to 9:59 AM NST
- Round 2: 10:00 AM to 1:59 PM NST
- Round 3: 2:00 PM to 4:59 PM NST
- Round 4: 5:00 PM to 7:59 PM NST
- Winner Announced: around 8:00 PM NST
Don't see your favorite petpet that you think would make a great customisable Neopet? Never fear! We've also provided a write-in option for you to take advantage of. You get one write-in vote, and the write-ins will be considered in the final round!
Let us know in the comments which petpet you're hoping to see make it to winner's stand!
There are 75
comments below. Add yours!
Hmm, this is of the most seriousness. I better very carefully make my choices. My votes & thoughts:
* Rock/Polarchuck: Rock (All Neopets thus far are either based on animals or mythical creatures. Sure, we don't have a (polar) bear yet, but I think Rock provides an opportunity for an Earth elemental/construct like a golem (the mythical creature not the Pokemon). PB Ideas would be turning it into various different kind of rocks)
* Babaa/Pile Of Soot: Pile Of Soot (Yes, we don't have a sheep either, BUT think of the possibilities for the Soot? For those who participated in the Lost Desert Plot, do you remember one of the traps in the Temple of 1000 Tombs covered your Neopet into sand for an hour and it had emotion & BD poses while in the pile of sand form? Well, here's the chance to make such a being into an actual Neopet. PB Ideas would be turning it into different particle elements (notably Desert would make it into sand!))
* Blobikins/Baby Space Fungus: Blobikins (Oof, this was a tough one. A fungus would be an interesting species, though I think in terms of PB Ideas the Blobikins has more potential as they could have it shapeshift)
* Ghostkerchief/Weewoo: Weewoo (Gotta go with the NT representative, I think I already made enough curve choices to let this one slide)
* Meepit/Abominable Snowball: Meepit (Snow is already a Colour so not sure what Abominable Snowball could bring to the table as a Neopet Species. Also I think it would be hilarious for a Meepit Neopet to have a Feepit as a Petpet)
* Slorg/Plumpy: Slorg (Already have feline Neopets (sure, they don't look like an Angelpuss, but I think that's getting into too much specific detail), and a gastropod Neopet sounds like a fun idea)
* Candychan/Yooyu: Candychan (While I do feel the Yooyu is more flexible with PB Colours, I also feel it overlaps a bit with the Bori? I feel the Candychan could be interesting as they don't need to stick with its Christmas and Peppermint theming, making it close
April 1, 2023 12:46 AM NST
I wish this was real
making it close to a Faerie Neopet we could own)
* Hasee/Cyodrake: Hasee (Got enough dragon Neopets)
* Write-In: Turtum (Don't have a turtle Neopet, and also got to rep my favorite land)
Guess I'll be back in 9 hours.
Aww I got excited for a few seconds!
If they were actually doing this, I would love a big version of Flowper, Noil or Ukali, they are so adorable!
BTW, for the Write-In, if you need some lists
This was fun to do.... a little mean because, well... we all know why..., but its still fun for sure! lol
For the write-in, I chose Belonthiss!!! I've always liked it as a petpet; it's very elegant. If it were a Neopet I guess it would be sort of the "mean" counterpart to the Koi much like the Jetsam is to the Floatsam.
Wain gets my vote for the write-in!
April 1, 2023 1:22 AM NST
What a cute idea! Angelpuss gets my vote
Question: What exactly are TNT hoping to do with their April Fools joke? Is this really the right time to come up with conspiracy theories regarding TNT? Sure, these are rather outlandish claims, but I still can't help but wonder if it was a good decision to do this for April Fools.
You guys at least had a better idea. Blobikins for the win!!
Genuinely sad that Warf didn't make it onto the Bracket
I went with the Slugmok for the write-in. There was a thread about this the other day on the boards and someone mentioned a sloth-based pet would be cool.
Wrote in Spyder, needs more bugs!
For the write in, I picked Niptor. It's my favorite Petpet, but wouldn't it be even cooler as a Neopet? I think so.
Although, if I could pick more, I'd also write in Hegie and Snowickle.
Happy April 1'st!
As soon as I read *new plot*, I knew what today's date is
lol, this is hilarous, JellyNeo team, I love it! Happy April 1st
This brought me so much joy today. Thank you!
Altachuck was my write in. I love them so much.
Write In Vote - Snowickle!
write-in vote - Darblat!!
April 1, 2023 6:41 AM NST
This is great, guys! I have to remember to vote all day. And the write in for me is the fantastic Huggy
My write in vote was werhond!
I wannawannawannawanna customize a Rock! Or a Candy Vampire!
I wrote in Carmilier but spyder would've been my second choice write-in.
Happy April 1st!
I was genuinely so excited
This has inspired me to art and manifest what I was hoping would be the outcome of this.
What? No Faellie? What is wrong with you people? (JK)
All us crazy kad ladies writing in Kadoatie
Love this! I just set some timers to help me remember to vote each round, haha
I voted the following:
* Rock/Polarchuck -> Polarchuck. Rock would be super funny but I just don't see how you could expand on the current idea u.u
* Babaa/Pile of Soot -> Babaa. Pile of Soot would be funny but I absolutely LOVE sheep
* Blobikins/Baby Space Fungus -> Blobikins. No strong preferences here. In hindsight the 'baby' part of the Baby Space Fungus would make it a fitting choice, though
* Ghostkerchief/Weewoo -> Ghostkerchief. As much as I love Weewoos, I feel like they'd end up too similar to Pteris.
* Meepit/Abominable Snowball -> Meepit. Because they're iconic and I am afraid something bad would've happened if I voted otherwise
* Slorg/Plumpy -> Slorg. Tough choice, but went with Slorg in the end because there are already several feline species.
* Candychan/Yooyu -> Yooyu. Another tough choice, but I felt like the Yooyu had more to offer? idk.
* Hasee/Cyodrake -> Hasee. Feel like Cyodrake would be too close to Draik.
* Write-in -> Ona! I opened the item database to go look at my options, saw an Ona featured in one of the newest items and remembered how much I loved them, haha.
If this is an April fools I'm gonna be pissed.... I'm pretty sure this is an April fools... but hoping it becomes true anyways?
Wait...no April Fools prank from JS this year? Something tells me they have a guilty conscious over their joke from last year actually becoming reality...
There's the Sceptic Tank, which is.... kind of disappointed.
I wrote in Ditsy for my write-in. I would honestly be curious how they would make a paper Neopet. Would the use of a paintbrush just make a picture on the pet? Could you use crayons or pens to customize your pet as well?
Blooky - means finally some respect to the Angelpuss and Triffin as aswell!!!
have a look at the Island and Halloween Blookys' they are adorable!!!
PLUMPY SWEEP PLUMPY SWEEP
There are actually a few REALLY great fan-made Neopet designs!
Are we allowed to vote for THEM in the write-in section?
Look at that! That is seriously worthy of being canon!
I’ve got two more pet pages featuring new Neopets on a board of mine on the Neoboards, but I’m AFK right now.
I recommend writing in these.
For the 17 of you who used your write-in vote for "Krawk"--boy, do I have some exciting news for you!
Too bad this is not real!
I vote Juma in the write-in because I'd love to own a Fox neopet.
N E way, it was funny to fantasize about it for a couple of minutes.
Yes, sad we're likely never getting a new Neopet species (I imagine customizing a Vandagyre can sometimes be frustrating), but since we can't do anything about it might as well let our imaginations take us on adventure of "what if".
And this is a fun "what if". Maybe if they do another Drawtober this year they can have "Petpet made into a Neopet" as a challenge.
Would be slightly better if there was more to do, like having those "conspiracy" prompts be something to investigate (only to reveal it was something mundane or a misconception; either way getting a small item reward) and have new ones posted every hour or so. Maybe also have a "hidden" story going on, like if you pay attention to the background or Nick himself you'll notice something off which gets more revealed over time. *shrugs*
As for them choosing "criticizing conspiracy about TNT" as the topic, I can see how it can be taken the wrong way; like, they didn't need to add the "about TNT" part. However I feel they careful considered what was written to show this is just for fun and it's not them downplaying our complaints. Honestly all of this reads like a Neopian Times article, just with a bonus Avatar and item, lol.
Wouldn't a Neopet Darblat just be a Bruce?
Wouldn't a Neopet Huggy just be a Quiggle?
Werhond feels a bit too close to a Lupe.
Was curious is someone was going to put in one of the 2005 April Fool Species that they then made into a Petpet.
Well it's called a Baby Space Fungus because the "adult" Space Fungus is a BD Challenger. It's one of Neopets' few "monster" species that isn't based on a Neopet species (no Peptet, Baby Space Fungus came after its creation but, like with the Snowager and Snowbeast, but a Petpet version later).
A Weewoo Neopet I feel would more take after a kiwi (maybe also include aspects of other ratites like the
April 1, 2023 10:26 AM NST
@jen_aside -- sweet! I'd like a Pinchit though, now that my bracket is busted and Rock is out.
A Weewoo Neopet I feel would more take after a kiwi (maybe also include aspects of other ratites like the emu, cassowary, and ostrich).
Hey, I say Petpetpets are fair game.
Wait, what? They didn't get rid of a Neopet.
Well there is patterned origami paper.
Well depends how you wanna take this. Are you treating it like an April Fools prank, sure, why not. But if you're going to pretend its an actual thing, well, I think a fanmade species would be pushing things.
Though Centibyte is a pretty good design.
The Write-In has SO much potential for jokes with jokes. How many people submitted a Babyca and Baby Blu?
4 folks are jonesing for a customisable Babyca, and 8 of you out there really want a life-size Baby Blu!
Round 2 time!
Knock Outs: NO! Both Rock and Pile of Soot? Come on people, don't you have an imagination?
* Polarchuck/Babaa: Babaa (so choice between a bear and sheep Neopet. I'm going to go with sheep, think they can do fun things with the wool)
* Blobikins/Weewoo: Weewoo (And of course the last of the obtuse choices goes against the Petpet which I picked from preference. Sigh)
* Meepit/Plumpy: Meepit (IT'S MEME VS MEME! Plumpy was able to get past Slorg from meme status alone, but against the devious Meepits who have a strong following (or enough people that fear them) does it still stand a chance?)
* Candychan/Hasee: Candychan (Nothing really to say for these two)
So for those are you going to post all the submissions or just the top 10/25/50/100? If you planned on only posting the top ones, could you consider making a post of some of the lower "stand out" ones, please?
I wrote in Frillabon, but came close to writing in Pickulsaur. But Frillabons are so cute!! The pirate one is so cute especially!
As for the winner of this whole thing, there can only be one: MEEPIT. Come on, people! What more could embody Neopets than a meepit!!? <3
Don't forget to go get your new AVATAR!
Choosing between a Hasee and a Candychan was really tough. But Hasee Bounce is(was) an iconic minigame... so..
April 1, 2023 10:56 AM NST
I'm going to pretend this is real, I wrote in Faellie but Altachuk was very close 😭
I love theFeloreena, Candychan, and Turmac. I hope one of them will win the contest.
If I were to wish for any petpet to become real (if this weren't AFD), it would be Feepits. They're so CUTE!
Bummer! I missed the first round, and I’m convinced my enthusiasm alone would’ve boosted the Abominable Snowball to victory
You had a great idea!! That would be a bit like the Scourgies outbreak, with new things happening from time to time. And investigating the leads to find nothing much, THAT is fun! Now it's, like last year and the year before, just a page with a "joke"..
April 1, 2023 1:23 PM NST
@pikachu315111: no, the Huggy is way more deranged than a Quiggle.
I'm guessing the meepits will win no matter what we vote?
What a fun idea, this
I can't believe you guys had Cyodrake voted out so soon, I'm quitting neopets for this injustice, smh
giant meepits are evil, haven't you played neoquest? plus they look kinda like kacheeks.
angelpuss isn't a neopet, and plumpy is nothing like aishas. GIVE ME CHONK REPRESENTATION
April 1, 2023 2:02 PM NST
Rooting for the Weewoo now. Will be back in 3 hours to vote!
April 1, 2023 2:03 PM NST
ZOMUTT OR BROKE
I'm surprised Babaas have such support!
Sad to see Plumpy go--if we were rigging this poll, Meepit certainly wouldn't have beat Plumpy
The votes seem to be very close though, but I would've been more excited to see a big version of the polarchuck than the Babaa. Although the babaa is cute.
I also voted Blobikins over weewoo, because JELLY.
I'm going to be really disappointed if it just leads to another Meepits! meme.
Really looking forward to the surprise write-in winner at the end.
Rats, I forgot to vote in round 2!
babaa would have been my write-in choice if it wasn’t already included in the bracket!! that being said, i wrote in antwerph. it’s pretty cute and unique. juma is an excellent choice as well!!
thank you to jellyneo~ love love love this
signed, #1 babaa stan
"GIVE ME CHONK REPRESENTATION"
Have you seen what Pokemon's been doing today?
But just because YOU'RE not rigging the poll doesn't mean someone *side eyes a Meepit* isn't bolstering numbers.
* Babaa/Weewoo: Weewoo
* Meepit/Candychan: Candychan
Well, I completely busted last round!
* Babaa/Meepit: Babaa (Look, Meepit it probably going to win, but between the two I would rather a Sheep Neopet. Besides, I think Meepits work better as a funny meme Petpet)
April 1, 2023 7:00 PM NST
I missed the 2nd and 3rd rounds; Voted Baabaa, although I'd prefer a Crabula.
That was my write in.
I wonder if you can get the av on sides; I want to since it'll retire, but am unsure if it's possible as long as I don't get the item involved. Nothing's stating about the current avatar and side accounts.
My write in was Gruslen
April 1, 2023 8:12 PM NST
I put down pawkeet as the petpet I’d love to see made into a pet, just because it’s so adorable. But in all seriousness I’d probably want the Nedler for an adorable Lovecraftian horror.
I thought this was interesting since neopets follows British spelling l
and vernacular... Old Chap is slang for, erm, phallus.
WHAT A WASTE!!!
Should have realized this was nothing but a joke... But instead of whatever that ugly, distorted version of a "pet" you chose for the winner, you could have at least let US pick the winner. But no.... Since it's an April fools joke, let's just make a fool out of all our subscribers and let them totally waste their time by coming back each time to vote. Great way to drive up the site stats, anyway, huh. Oh, and now you ask for donations for the site....?
Sure... maybe I'll come back and do that. *NOT*
Want to add your thoughts? You just need to log into your jnAccount!
Register a jnAccount