It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Lost Fragments

Neopies Returns February 1st
  • Posted on January 30, 2023, 11:04 am NST

The Neopies will likely be returning for a first round of voting on Wednesday, February 1st.

If the event is structured like in past years, there will be a new category each day to vote on, with final winners being announced on the 22nd.

Stay tuned to Jellyneo for an update once the event goes live!

What categories do you think will be featured in this year's event? Let us know in the comments!

cutypie349514, January 30, 2023 12:05 PM NST
Best NFT Protest
premium17, January 30, 2023 12:13 PM NST
booooooooooooooo, we need a fairy quest event instead of this
apophis324, January 30, 2023 12:21 PM NST
@premium17: No, we need a working Inventory that doesn't unnecessarily stack my items!
roshchodesh, January 30, 2023 12:54 PM NST
@cutiepie349514 YASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT!

new category:

Best Lie

Most Disappointing

Best Site Fix
zebshep, January 30, 2023 1:45 PM NST
I agree we need different things, but I am happy that something is actually going on now
sacanth, January 30, 2023 2:12 PM NST
@roshchodesh, great! Best Glitch too!
breezydreams, January 30, 2023 2:33 PM NST
Quick! Give them bread and circuses!

Best Staff event rumor
jagaleigh, January 30, 2023 2:43 PM NST
I told TNT how AWFUL new BETA inventory is. He sent this:
Rico S 01/27/23:
"Sorry but we're trying to move forward not backwards. We're working to make the new inventory as user friendly as possible but the old one will not be returning. Thanks."

SO...I'm quitting soon.
roshchodesh, January 30, 2023 10:48 PM NST
@sacanth "Best Glitch" excellent category!
apophis324, January 31, 2023 4:24 AM NST
@jagaleigh: Sounds like even Rico is getting tired of people complaining about the new lay-out... I never heard anything back on my recent feedback though, on how it would be nice if they changed the font and made it possible to unstack things in the inventory.. I wonder if they even read it....
roshchodesh, January 31, 2023 12:39 PM NST
I don't understand how this change is moving 'forward' if it makes things worse, which in effect, is backwards.
Was this ever a thing we said we wanted in all the bazillion surveys we've filled out?
I don't understand why they didn't use that time to do something from the lists of stuff that needs to be tackled.
How was this a priority? Was it on the ROADMAP?

New Neopies Category: Worst Worst Direction
*kinda cries*
roshchodesh, January 31, 2023 12:40 PM NST
and you know what else? Maryjanes don't have cleats
jagaleigh, January 31, 2023 4:04 PM NST
LOL! They certainly do NOT have cleats.

I wrote Rico again & assured him that I WILL be quitting and taking the $300-$400 I spend on NC PER MONTH with me.

Yes, I spend that much on neopets. I have for years, even after "jagaleigh" was frozen (new acct is urabout2b_missing).

This has been my only hobby that costs anything (I don't buy coffee, lottery tickets, my "car" is a scooter so gas is $3 a month, etc.) so I've been happy to spend money on the site.

I find the BETA inventory repugnant in about 200 ways, though, so after gifting everything I am gone. :/
breezydreams, January 31, 2023 6:59 PM NST
@jagaleigh: I'll miss you, but its totally understandable.

I don't think these people have played the game, really. No idea of how the Inventory does/did unique things, including duck-tape-and-spit fixes for stuff they botch/neglect in Beta.

*brilliant idea* NP is da monies, so link to da bank instead of inventory! Because I always go to the bank dozens of times a day to eat, dress, go to a location, deposit items into SDB and gallery, get stuff from medicine cabinet, get toys to play with, get things for TP. Honestly, NP on hand should link to the SDB.

Bank is to collect interest, deposit NP, withdraw NP, and change account type until Ultimate Riches is reached. Maybe its used 3-4 times a day? The dropdown menu is fine for that much usage.
apophis324, February 1, 2023 12:43 AM NST
In all fairness, the Inventory updates are on the roadmap, but.. you know.. there's not timeline for that roadmap. What they should have done was make sure the new inventory works as it should before pulling the good one away.

The problem lies in the, what I call, PC-friendliness of Neopets. They are building a site that is catered mostly to mobile users. Mobile phones don't do pop-ups, at least not as easily as a PC would, so the whole inventory would need an overhaul so it doesn't use pop-ups anymore. Too bad that makes for a sluggish inventory experience...
roshchodesh, February 1, 2023 6:36 AM NST
They just gave themselves another thing to fix