Neopia's Award Ceremony for your top picks of the year!
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Neopies

Elephante Day Roundup
  • Posted on January 17, 2023, 1:54 pm NST

To celebrate yesterday's Elephante Day, a new colour has been announced:

Zombie

(As with Buzz Day, the release of this colour to the Rainbow Pool will be delayed a few days)

A Tar Creature set of clothing is also now available:

An additional Elephante item is also available:

biediep, January 17, 2023 1:57 PM NST
Daaang I thought the outfit was a new PB color and actually got excited. Idk why I would even get my hopes up like that, but I did xD
anunsureneopian, January 17, 2023 2:06 PM NST
@biediep Same! I thought it was going to be a new lab colour.
potential_ruler, January 17, 2023 4:35 PM NST
Tar creature??? Maybe an unpopular opinion but I prefer a normal outfit instead of these costumes. Also, maybe these are better suited as paint brush options? Though I would not ever paint a pet of mine into a tar creature...
potential_ruler, January 17, 2023 4:36 PM NST
I forgot to mention that I absolutely LOOOOOVE when they go in this direction for the zombie pets.
mavegibson, January 17, 2023 5:04 PM NST
The zombie is visually cluttered and overwhelming. Much like with the plushie vandagyre recently, they've gone too far overboard on texture, color and shape. If they're going to have a lot of variety in shape and texture, they should make the colors more uniform, or if they want to go wild with color and shape, they should tone down the textures. etc.

This just looks to busy and unbalanced. Even if they'd just given the 'wounds' a duller brownish or greyish color it would have helped a lot.
strawberrybells, January 17, 2023 6:07 PM NST
I actually LOVED the zombie. I feel like most zombies in the game miss the tattered and brains out kind of look. This one is on point for me. Spooky pets getting some love will always make me happy!
dustin, January 17, 2023 6:39 PM NST
Zombie looks so good!! I do wish it didn’t look so happy but it’s really nice!
contessa, January 17, 2023 7:10 PM NST
Eh ....just Eh...
inkpot, January 17, 2023 9:55 PM NST
creepy/horror things aren't for me really,
but i this color and outfit look pretty sweet.
apophis324, January 17, 2023 11:50 PM NST
Hmmmm.. They do know Halloween was a few months ago, right? Or are they (late) for that too?
ducky - JN Staff, January 17, 2023 11:54 PM NST
That is the happiest zombie ever.
roshchodesh, January 18, 2023 7:43 AM NST
@ducky
happiest zombie ever because they found out the TWD spinoffs will be out soon!
1jediboy, January 18, 2023 11:59 AM NST
🥁 *ba-dum-TSSS*
quailbat - JN Staff, January 18, 2023 1:43 PM NST
The Zombie Elephante is now available!
claytonskitten, January 19, 2023 8:05 AM NST
Mannnnn, I wish the glowing eyes were a separate item! Those are the best feature of the tar costume!!
coryldork, January 19, 2023 8:32 AM NST
whew, a zombie colour that makes me actually squirm. great design on it.
roshchodesh, January 19, 2023 12:45 PM NST
It's the broken fingernails that give me the chills.EEEEeee!
katina_choovanski, January 19, 2023 8:54 PM NST
It seems like a lot of thought and effort was put into the zombie color design. I like it. Tar creature is new...interesting. A bit random though.
chocolatjellopudding, January 19, 2023 8:56 PM NST
Doooppppeeeee zombie
apophis324, January 21, 2023 1:12 AM NST
Off topic: The fudgers! Disabeling the only good feature on the website because it's no longer updated! I don't care if it's updated or not, I just want to use the GOOD inventory page!

When will they stop forcing me out of the much prettier old design?
trisangum, January 21, 2023 1:25 AM NST
No more old inv page?
apophis324, January 21, 2023 1:28 AM NST
No more old inv page...
serpentshrine, January 21, 2023 2:39 PM NST
This new direction for zombie pets has been awesome

Wonder if they'll go back and update the older ones 🤔
sycatt, January 21, 2023 4:50 PM NST
Ick! Zombie turns my stomach. I don't want any gross or putrid pets. Also, IMHO, the smile is out of context.

On another note: Boo, Hissss TNT for taking away the nice, easy to use inventory page. I've never liked their newer "intended Inventory page"
breezydreams, January 23, 2023 1:23 AM NST
newer "intended Inventory page": Hey, we designed a newer car for everyone to use. It has no starter, carburator, or brakes, and you can't get new keys for it anymore, but we stacked all the wheels in one handy pile. Each car has every color in the toddlers' neon plastic blocks in the paint and upholstery!

Wy u uz old car model still?

(How much you want to bet they found another issue besides the cupcakes, and don't dare tell us what that one is?)
breezydreams, January 23, 2023 1:26 AM NST

Wy u uz old car model still?

Tar is growing on me--well, not ON me. Not a fan of horror/undeath, either.
breezydreams, January 26, 2023 9:16 PM NST
@ biediep: A La Brea Paint Brush would be cooler than Custard!
sacanth, January 30, 2023 9:13 AM NST
I don't see why a zombie would smile any less than it did as a living being. Plenty of company, plenty of walks in the fresh air. Brains, packed with nutrients. No bills. No workplace stress.
Some of the scariest people smile all the time!