Welcome to Jellyneo.net!
Rubbish Dump Day, Saturday, July 1st!
- Posted by Dave
- Posted on July 1, 2023, 12:00 am NST
Welcome to the 1st Saturday of the month: Rubbish Dump Day!
In April 2022, TNT updated the Rubbish Dump to increase the drop rate of "rubbish" eligible for the avatar. (And we've even seen some Hidden Tower items pop up that weren't previously confirmed as prizes!)
The Rubbish Dump is special in that items dropped there appear after a Neopian refreshes the dump. (In other words, refreshing the page gives you the chance to "donate" some rubbish to the queue.) The more people visiting and refreshing, the more rubbish dropped, and the more opportunities there are for avatar items to appear!
Starting now, and continuing all day, here's how you can gather and participate:
If you DON'T have the avatar...
- Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to generate rubbish!
- Claim up to 8 pieces of rubbish to clear the way for more items to appear. (And make sure not to claim anything from the Money Tree or Second-Hand Shoppe... it's 10 items max from all 3 locations combined!)
- To be safe from accidental clicks, save your last 2 rubbish claims for when an avatar item pops up. (You can claim up to 10 items from the Rubbish Dump per day.)
- Review our guide to familiarize yourself with which items are eligible for the avatar.
If you DO have the avatar...
- Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to help generate rubbish! Even if you have the avatar, refreshing helps generate more "donations" that will show up later. (And that means more opportunities for avatar items to pop up!)
- Claim up to 10 pieces of rubbish to help clear the way for avatar-eligible items to appear.
- Be kind and leave the cheaper avatar-eligible items (like the Fading Bottled Faeries) for those who need the avatar! We won't mind, however, if you try sniping a Dung Catapult.
The more the merrier, so share this post with your Neofriends and guildmates!
As you participate, let us know in the comments what junk—or treasures—you've seen or picked up! And let us know if you get the avatar so we can celebrate with you.
Can't get enough rubbish? Mark your calendars and join us on the first Saturday of next month—August 5th—for our next Rubbish Dump Day!
Find our latest gaming videos on YouTube!
Looking for older Neopets news?