Vonroo alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Neopets Roadmap Finally Published
  • Posted on November 21, 2022, 2:28 pm NST

Today, Neopets has finally posted a roadmap for the site, which you can read at: neopets.com/roadmap

The roadmap does not contain any dates for the upcoming site conversions or features being worked on, but there is a section spelling out which events we'll be seeing through 2023 (assuming TNT can stick to their schedule—the Faerie Festival event we were supposed to receive in September was scrapped). A Charity Corner event is, sadly, absent.

What do you think of the roadmap? What's most exciting on it? Or, what were you hoping to see that was excluded? Let us know in the comments!

kathyob, November 21, 2022 2:30 PM NST
I will say this. I am not holding my breath. The lack of delivery on their part over the years does not give me confidence.
dave - JN Staff, November 21, 2022 2:34 PM NST

pigfish99, November 21, 2022 2:38 PM NST
I have a feeling they'll break this promise, too. they have too much a skeleton crew to do anything, and netdragon is not going to give us anything else, because they're probably focusing more on the neopian metaverse.
diegocanepa, November 21, 2022 2:43 PM NST
I'm sorry for being so negative, but this roadmap doesn't give me any kind of hope.
jen_aside, November 21, 2022 2:56 PM NST
*foams at mouth* I'd prolly actually start playing again if they did Charity Corner and nothing else
(of course I'd stop once CC was over, too used to having my time back)
lasergu, November 21, 2022 3:02 PM NST
This is probably a controversial opinion, but I don't care if they release *any* new content until they get everything fixed first. Games, Battledome, maps, and customization should be the priority.

Hopefully this roadmap is a sign that they're starting to get their stuff together. I'm not completely optimistic though.
mercyshift, November 21, 2022 3:23 PM NST
I miss my Neohome.
hdawg1995, November 21, 2022 4:00 PM NST
i'm so nervous they're being "transparent" because they are hiding some shady NFT thing, but i am so excited for the battledome and games update. and a NEW PLOT?? yay!
mavegibson, November 21, 2022 4:20 PM NST
It's great to know their plan, but without any sort of timeline it's hard to get very excited. Grateful for the update, but mixed feelings on the whole thing. Not a lot of confidence in this team either. But 'time will tell', I guess.
galifan, November 21, 2022 4:22 PM NST
Thanks, TNT, for sharing the roadmap! I lost faith during the NFT event and I'm glad to see THAT isn't on the roadmap. I hope you make it at least to the PLOT! Best of luck!
dustin, November 21, 2022 4:59 PM NST
I say screw new content (aside from pet days) until we get the site converted. Why is it taking so long? Especially for basic pages (I don't mean flash to html5, I don't know the process).
anunsureneopian, November 21, 2022 5:44 PM NST
I'm partially positive about this roadmap.
Not having deadlines only allows them to take as much time as they want. I hope they recruit more staff to make this happen.
xfer, November 21, 2022 7:34 PM NST
It's been 2 years without Charity Corner, we want it to make a comeback! Other than that, I am excited for the new plot!!!!! Ahhh!!! ♥
pacneo34, November 21, 2022 8:15 PM NST
I don't believe any word coming from TNT.
verdego, November 21, 2022 9:13 PM NST
It's better than nothing! I'm not holding my breath for this either, but I'm glad to at least see a nod that there's someone working on something more than just cycling the seasonal events to try to milk any drop of NC out of players.
kimack68, November 21, 2022 10:22 PM NST
I think it will be a miracle if they actually get all this stuff done. But I want the Charity Corner!! And I really want the worms in Moltara to come back. Plus I want more of the games that I liked to play (games that required you to think and did not take a lot of skill).
apophis324, November 22, 2022 12:10 AM NST
No no no NO! The order is all wrong. Don't work on a new plot before you got your games working. This is a mini-game website!
That is my opinion though. Honestly, I can't care less. If I can keep using the Inventory work-around, I'm happy. The rest of the website is ugly (in my opinion) as all heck anyway.
recklesse, November 22, 2022 1:12 AM NST
So is this why there wasn't a Neopian Times on Friday? Aesop too busy throwing this confection together?

Well, it's taken them what?.. 11 months? to finally throw together the promised roadmap for 2022.

But it clearly isn't the map for 2022 (water under the bridge now, after all) and gives no idea of how soon even the first of those releases is expected to happen.

Honestly, I think the mention of a 'Plot' is there as a distraction. So is 'battledome fixes'. Just empty promises.

Aside from that, we'll get a few maps (finally) and more pages will be converted to the 'new' beta look (not keen to see Quickref become less functional).

Will they finally implement the fix to allow https neopets links on the Neoboards? They think they already did, so probably not.

The NFT website isn't included in this because it has its own separate roadmap.

pacneo34 said it best: I don't believe any word coming from TNT.
shakespeareofborg, November 22, 2022 4:11 AM NST
I echo the others, gives us our games back and fix the site. That's all we want!
beyondelsewhere, November 22, 2022 4:21 AM NST
this isn't going to get very far since this road is on a dead end. They never met any of the 2020 goals to convert games. I have zero faith any of this will get fixed. I miss the games.
annw, November 22, 2022 4:21 AM NST
I wish they would move forward more quickly with the game conversions, I haven't been able to play since flash went away. The other stuff is nice, but please tnt get to at least some of the games
apophis324, November 22, 2022 4:47 AM NST
Now there is one problem we might overlook in our haste to be criticising NeoTrolls. The games that were converted from Flash to HTML5... not all of them play as they did before, they don't play well. They either lag or don't respond well (maybe that's just a "My PC thing"?)... So if we were to force them to rush on converting games, they'll all be bad. They need to focus on making sure the games are good, not just there.

Maybe that's where they should've spent this year on, as there weren't many events this year to hinder their progress...
recklesse, November 22, 2022 5:19 AM NST
@apophis324, that's very true. (and it's not just your PC).

They should get themselves an HTML5 games specialist to fix the failings in the games they already converted before they think about outsourcing any more 'conversions'.

Realistically, it doesn't look as though their budget will stretch to that, so I don't know what to suggest.

They could at least add the remaining non-flash games to the games room though. They never got past 'A'.
suzuka - JN Staff, November 22, 2022 7:15 AM NST
it feels like there's a lot of meetings and discussions and planning, but that they don't have the staff to get the basics done.

i don't care if we don't have a single annual event if it means teh site will get working again.
frozenwren, November 22, 2022 8:01 AM NST
I've seen websites run by three people and a handful of volunteers update their site more regularly. I know it's because they prioritize pet days and new NC outfits, but even then the NC Mall, the thing that funds their website, is broken too. *sigh* I wish they would just focus on fixing the site and adding some NC stuff if they had to. I miss being able to use all of my wearables. And it's been years since I've been able to use my in game furniture.
snudycaisu, November 22, 2022 8:52 AM NST
everyones favorite; a roadmap!! whats not to love about a neopets roadmap? is there anything on this one about crypto currency?
recklesse, November 22, 2022 9:41 AM NST
They are keeping the crypto-based game separate, for now.
contessa, November 22, 2022 11:33 AM NST
I am sure they think this is uplifting but to me it is just depressing, because probably none of it will get done
roshchodesh, November 22, 2022 12:10 PM NST
H how much time does it take to meet and plan to fix the site?
1. Set up time to meet
2. Meet
3. Someone says the site is broken we need to fix it

Fix. The. Site.
josie, November 22, 2022 4:04 PM NST
I would like to see the Faerie quest event come back, as well as Charity Corner. Hopefully they can fit them into their schedule somewhere.
faellie_ridiculous, November 22, 2022 4:55 PM NST
At least the Advent Calendar will give me a reason to visit daily. At this point I spin Trudy's wheel and collect my interest and pretty much call it a day.

Customizing is such a chore. I have 20 pets on my main and I have not changed their outfits in many months. I ignored Halloween and Fall. Thousands of wearables rotting away. Maybe Xmas and winter will give me a nudge. If I start now, I might be done by Xmas?
tycooncorb, November 22, 2022 5:17 PM NST
Well I still haven’t been able to customize my pets properly since conversion. Lots of items I own still cannot be seen. I cannot see animations unless I’m directly inside the customization window. So this “update” is pointless. At this point they are milking what money they can out of the site without actually fixing the site.
minidriver, November 22, 2022 6:36 PM NST
Getting the rest of the maps fixed is a small start.
Priority 1: FIX THE GAMES!!!!!!!
Seeing today's Daily Puzzle answer: NeoQuest
Heck, I'd be happy with getting PetPet Park back, but I know that's not gonna happen.
roshchodesh, November 22, 2022 8:33 PM NST
They just dangle that carrot of false promises in front of us. At this point I am so disgusted I'm like, Fix it or flippin' close it.
Road map. Seriously, who believes it took 11 months? You'd think that they've been writing the Oxford Dictionary in all this time. In Latin. Or Klingon. PUH-LEEZE.
catriki, November 22, 2022 9:42 PM NST
Noting NC Mall conversion is early on the list.

This looks like empty promises(PLOT!1!!#) and a lot of deferring. I would prefer fixing the site (and the games, but I doubt they have the budget for that) to be a priority. Aside from that, didn't someone come up with a petpage full of really simple fixes TNT could do to bring life to the site? I like the idea of buddy icons being converted to avatars, as one example, and that's barely scratching the surface. Focus on fixing the site mainly, but if you want to add a little excitement while you're doing so, there are other things you can do besides big, work intensive events. (can someone find me that petpage?)
apophis324, November 23, 2022 12:08 AM NST
And perhaps.. we're all too negative and they'll have all these changes done before the end of the year ^^

breezydreams, November 23, 2022 12:54 AM NST
I'd rather be a pessimist because then I can only be pleasantly surprised. - Ben Franklin
zeelink, November 23, 2022 1:00 AM NST
I just hope they can get the map conversions out quicker. They've got good artists now, time to pull through and just do it. I like what I see on the roadmap when it comes to structure, just wish updates would come a little quicker.
rosamooooo, November 23, 2022 1:55 AM NST
Games and Charity Corner! NOW!!!!!!

I challenge TNT to name the games they are translating with approximate release dates AND set a CC date OR announce they are dropping it as an activity.

TNT keeps claiming that it wants to know our priorities, but they never seem to give is more than lip service. So we all just slowly slip away from being here.
rosamooooo, November 23, 2022 1:58 AM NST
PS - I wish we had a way to like other people's comments - here, on the guild boards, etc.
53_robin, November 23, 2022 2:00 AM NST
Anyone encountered weird redirected pages from Neopets? I had a few encounters of pages redirected to those "You won iPhone" or something pages
snudycaisu, November 23, 2022 3:52 AM NST
a YOU WIN AN IPHONE redirect is likely a bad ad on the site. there use to be a place to report bad ads on the site
fairyalex, November 23, 2022 6:04 AM NST
All I ever wanted was for Plots to come back, and i am praying that they make it good. I'm not holding my breath, but for me, that's like the major thing that makes Neopets feel like the old site that I loved so much, so I want to be hopeful and wish that they make it good! Please please make it good!!!!
roshchodesh, November 23, 2022 8:08 AM NST
@apophis324 "(And then we come here to complain about them, naturally, while the Editorial shows nothing but praise)"
AGREED!!

TNT PICKS the comments that show up in the editorial. None of us expect to see anything remotely like FIX THE SITE.
roshchodesh, November 23, 2022 8:10 AM NST
p.s.
@Dave "It's been 224 days since the last "beta update" posted on Release Notes (https://www.neopets.com/releasenotes/)
If they stick to that trend, Release 0.5.4 on this roadmap will come in December 2025."

I weep.
recklesse, November 23, 2022 8:15 AM NST

Except by then the roadmap will have gone through 33 revisions and release 0.5.4 will have been pushed back another 6 or 7 years.
terrih, November 23, 2022 9:06 AM NST
I'm not impressed by their proposed updates. It's mostly maps, NC mall and navigation. No games, no retired stamp re-releases - getting around the site faster means doodly squat if I can't do anything while I'm ON the site. They're just doing it to facilitate the selling of their merchandise and to make it look like they are actively engaged in improving things.
scariestneopian, November 23, 2022 9:14 AM NST
this is petty but ngl I kind of don't want the news page "converted" (if I'm reading this correctly) I like that it's still the same as before
recklesse, November 23, 2022 9:22 AM NST
I kind of rely on 'my shop' and 'quick ref' for navigation, so I'm really not looking forward to seeing those pages downgraded in the name of 'progress'.
roshchodesh, November 23, 2022 9:26 AM NST
and it is, as everyone knows, so easy to refold and unfold and refold (ad infinitum) a roadmap, as well as locate the little dot of the place you look for each time you open the map. And if is is a topographical roadmap, well kids, good luck with that
tycooncorb, November 23, 2022 11:51 AM NST
Can somebody start a go fund me to purchase Neopets? I feel it would be better in the hands of literally anybody else. Nothing is updated and nothing is happening currently except merchandise sales. I wish somebody who actually wanted to develop the brand instead of wanted quick cash owned the site.
1jediboy, November 23, 2022 12:46 PM NST
^People keep saying this. Is it actually possible?

Would NetDragon be willing to negotiate a price?

If this becomes an actual thing, I'd definitely invest.

BUT, if they don't accept the money, it looks like the money was raised fraudulently.
apophis324, November 23, 2022 12:51 PM NST
@roshchodesh: You mean it's time for an electronic navigational roadmap?
Pluuuus, if you keep unfolding and re-folding your roadmaps, they'll fall apart eventually. Let's hope this metaphor doesn't quite apply to TNT.

And for people hoping for a new Plot and thinking it will be good, I must warn them to not get their hopes up too high. Let's not forget that under this TNT we got two plots: The ... ... ... ... Wraith ... ..Re... ... surga... ..nce and the oLts Heoirlo--oh wait it's over, what did I have to do?
(Just an artistic impression of what those plots felt like. If you were there, you know)
npc, November 23, 2022 1:23 PM NST
^^^ I joked about buying Neopets lol, but honestly I don't know whatll do with as I'm no tech expert, maybe pass it off to someone else
The idra of /srs buying the site for fans by fans method feels ... I'm worried even if we did do that bad eggs who are greedy will get in the way
strangechicken, November 23, 2022 4:03 PM NST
More colours? Please? Just give us *something* to look forward to.
topaz644, November 23, 2022 5:29 PM NST
Battledome fixes and updates
cassine, November 23, 2022 6:32 PM NST
Did anyone else think the title "WE ARE WORKING ON IT!" seemed a tad aggressive? Why are you whining about something that should have been done ages ago?
kemerlei, November 23, 2022 8:53 PM NST
Conversion Updates Conversion Updates Conversion Updates ...can we be more clear on this.

If all we're talking about is a revamp, I don't really care what it looks like, I care how it works. I want to see CHANGES, like to the SDB. I'm so sick of EVERYTHING being in one place. I want to be able to keep my never selling stuff in one place, my junk in another place, my expensive sell at some point, separate from each other. There are tens of thousands of items and I'm supposed to remember what everything is worth, or constantly check every item, which takes forever.

Where's is Charity Corner and the Faerie Quest Event and are we ever getting the games back? It's not like it was a surprise that flash was leaving. It's been, well years now. This is pathetic.

If you can't get it done, hire more people.
sasquatch253, November 24, 2022 6:48 PM NST
If it takes months for them to "fix" their payment system, why does anyone think they will spend a single second on things that won't directly correlate to their pockets? This site is a sad shell of what it once was. True old school fans need to speak loudly and clearly, which means cancel or don't renew your premium memberships and stop buying NC items, since that is all Neopets seems to care about.
dusk, November 25, 2022 3:06 PM NST
I'm definitely uncertain about the updates myself, especially a plot since...Well, idk. The others weren't as top tier as the old wars and plots from OG Neo. I can see it something being totally non-canon as well, like "Dr. Sloth VS Lord Darigan". Some odd crossover that makes no sense whatsoever.

Although man, I'd love to see a Kass return, but uh...I think he pretty much "died" or something, huh? I didn't get to join that one.

What really needs to be fixed also is that INFLATION...Artificial inflation from those dang guilds and who knows what else! Why are we just picking and choosing random items and boosting their prices to UB standards?? TNT needs to give those users a good kick in the pants, quite frankly. Obviously people are NOT falling for your 1.5mil Wraith Ogrin MP when it should be around ~300k. I'm not (and I require one to finally achieve a color goal for one of my guys).
apophis324, November 26, 2022 2:43 AM NST
@dusk:
Ooh, a random match-up like that, yeah that is something they could do. Maybe for a Game Master's Challenge, medieval vs. futuristic? And don't worry about Kass dying. Kanrik "died"-maybe during that anniversary event and you can still find him in the Battledome whenever the Thieves Guild competes for the Obelisk boon.

As for the other point you raised... I so feel you. I can't help but worry that I might never own a Blaze