Vonroo alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Help us model your pets!

Vandagyre Day Roundup
  • Posted on November 14, 2022, 11:49 am NST

To celebrate this past weekend's Vandagyre Day today, there's a new colour available:

Plushie

A new set of librarian themed clothes are also now available:

herdy - JN Staff, November 14, 2022 11:50 AM NST
It's a shame they didn't go with the cool pirate concept or the requested maraquans from the Neoboards.
potential_ruler, November 14, 2022 11:55 AM NST
I don't think it's a shame. I really like this new color.
kaimactrash, November 14, 2022 11:55 AM NST
Probably because I love them IRL too, but I just love almost every plushie Neopet, so I'm won over by this look, not as good as toy but pretty darn cute.
_rodeo_, November 14, 2022 12:05 PM NST
Not a fan of this one.

The outfit is nice though!
echoeternal, November 14, 2022 12:10 PM NST
Both are good but I think the skirt would be better w/o the books
ilovedachshunds, November 14, 2022 1:08 PM NST
I LOVE THIS COLOUR!!! I will be getting one.
contessa, November 14, 2022 1:09 PM NST
Ugh, that does not say Plushie to me, not at all sure what it *does* say.

I do like the Steampunk sort of Librarian outfit though.
mavegibson, November 14, 2022 1:27 PM NST
It's always nice to have new Vandagyre colors, but I'm probably not going to go for this one. More than anything for me, I think it's the color combinatio, particularly that shade of purple, green and yellow.

I do like some of the outfit pieces, although I don't see myself using the skirt or hat.
surferboard_girl, November 14, 2022 1:28 PM NST
OMG both this colour and the outfit are tempting me very strongly towards a Vandagyre
kyrette, November 14, 2022 2:35 PM NST
YO that outfit is A+. I want it. Will have to wait for deflation...
dave - JN Staff, November 14, 2022 3:16 PM NST
🔥 Take: This is the ugliest Plushie colour released among all 55 species.
sycatt, November 14, 2022 3:52 PM NST
The Plushie?...Um...NO!...Ewww!!!

Librarian outfit is nice. I'd buy it. That being said... it doesn't remind me of a Librarian.
solsticesprite, November 14, 2022 4:09 PM NST
@contessa What it does look like instead of plushie is like an injection molded plastic toy that is poorly painted/machine painted. The kind of toy that you might find in a boxed fast food meal intended for children.
marfbear, November 14, 2022 4:39 PM NST
Wow! There is a lot going on with that plushie. I'm a less is more kinda person.
runie, November 14, 2022 5:40 PM NST
I like the colors for plushie but I feel like they tried to do a bit too much with it, very fun outfit I like the color scheme a lot
catriki, November 14, 2022 6:35 PM NST
THAT is their idea of a plushie?? They could have gone with a kidcore or tropical bird type look but it seems they are trying to do a combination of both... very, VERY badly.

Kidcore plushie would be cool on its own, even though that aesthetic isn't really my thing even when not butchered this way. I guess that's me thinking of what-ifs.
ilovedachshunds, November 14, 2022 9:44 PM NST
To me, it looks like a very intricately designed plushie. I see yarn/fluff puffs for ears, embroidery on the chest and right arm, fabric trim for the feathers on the arms, two patches, a lot of stitching, and a knit/crochet tail.
zebshep, November 14, 2022 9:48 PM NST
This is definitely the ugliest plushie color out there!
jcdiva7, November 14, 2022 10:57 PM NST
so disappointed that they did not get the maraquan vanda that someone drew...it is gorgeous
biediep, November 14, 2022 11:40 PM NST
The plushie is cute! The outfit is pretty nice.
But what I really wish they'd do for Vandagyre day is slowly but surely make some old wearables retroactively wearable for them. There is so much they can't wear and it's sad.
apophis324, November 15, 2022 12:29 AM NST
Colour is a bit all over the place, but it does look huggable. The outfits are nice too, especially the librarian's hat and glasses. Nice that they are separated.
inkpot, November 15, 2022 12:39 AM NST
i like the plushie i just wish it didn't have those fuzzy earballs.
jersharocks, November 15, 2022 10:37 AM NST
I feel like they drew inspiration from Doodle Bears for this color. For those who don't remember Doodle Bears, they were plush bears you could draw on back in the 90s/00s.
katina_choovanski, November 15, 2022 9:31 PM NST
I like the Vanda color, I LOVE that outfit!! Really well done.
antimattersofa, November 16, 2022 7:48 PM NST
I absolutely love the plushie color!! definitely one of my favorites
mavegibson, November 19, 2022 10:40 PM NST
I'm surprised that people think this is the ugliest plushie pet. It's actually quite a nice design. But they went too far overboard with it. They have a lot of different shapes, a lot of different textures, a lot of different colors. It's too much.

I'm sure Tim Gunn would say the same thing. "It's too much!"

They should have picked a couple of things to do a lot of, and then toned down the rest to give it harmony. For example, the textures and shapes staying the same, but the colors being more uniform and muted would have made this pet look AMAZING.
mavegibson, November 19, 2022 11:01 PM NST
I also agree that the yarn tuft ears are all wrong. They should be the same texture as the rest of the 'feathers' - those sort of scalloped felt shapes. It would have pulled the whole thing together.