It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Help us model your pets!

UC Survey Being Emailed Out
  • Posted on October 31, 2022, 7:20 pm NST

A new email is being sent out with various Neopets updates (such as the recent release of 2-Factor Authentication), and one other item included is a survey about the upcoming UC pets release in the NC Mall.

The survey includes a number of questions asking you for preferences on updated and redesigned UC Neopets, from touched up line art to entirely new poses—and in some cases, an entirely new UC that hasn't existed prior! A few questions about cost and availability are also included.

The survey seems to be going out in chunks to Neopians (possibly timed to deliver on the morning of November 1st local time for you). We'd encourage you to click the links in your emails to take the survey so TNT can properly track results. But if you want to get a head start and take it anyway, here's the link:

anunsureneopian, October 31, 2022 7:48 PM NST
*Polemic comment ahead*
Sadly, based on one of the options, it seems that they want to bring back UCs with a gambling system (randomized colour).

Considering that they recently brught a mental health company, they should know by now that these type of mechanisms (loot boxes) particulary affect to people who are higly addicted to gambling, and that spend most (if not all) of their money on loot boxes. They also added the option to get a specific pet/colour combination, but of course, it requires to spend more NC.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but if they want to bring back the true old nostalgia with the UCs -and in a way that doesn't affect mental health-, they should bring back the immersive ads.
ummy - JN Staff, October 31, 2022 7:56 PM NST
Redesigning UCs defeats the purpose of nostalgia imo. Sure it looks better, but we don't exactly play Neopets because of quality. We want the OG Neopets!

New UCs is an intriguing idea though.
alphashadow, October 31, 2022 8:15 PM NST
but why change them? isn't the point that they're unchanged? that's what unconverted means...
mavegibson, October 31, 2022 8:21 PM NST
If they do a 'mystery capsule' approach to this where things are randomized, I'll be pretty angry. It's predatory behavior and not something I would like to see expanded on Neopets.
darella, October 31, 2022 8:24 PM NST
I personally really like the redesigned UCs. I didn't play during the UC era though, so I'm not affected by that nostalgia effect of missing the originals - I can only try to understand the feeling. It's a though choice I guess. I'm very curious to see how this will go.

As for other stuff... I'm crossing my fingers they won't go through the gacha route, that sounds like a nightmare. Limited colors are fine but rotating them feels like too much work.

ness, October 31, 2022 9:11 PM NST
it might be nice if we could switch between these different possibilities on the fly, as well as other UC poses..and maybe even new ones
lasergu, October 31, 2022 9:27 PM NST
On one hand, there are a lot of UCs that sorely need redesigning. On the other hand, a big portion of the audience who *wants* UC pets back probably doesn't care. Then again, if they are going to attempt to add new UC pets for unreleased colors or ones that weren't available at the time, it might be a good idea for them to get all the UC pets up to a similar standard.

Overall, I would err more on the side of "change the art as little as possible in order to improve the quality." So in my opinion, changes like the UC Faerie Elephante would be welcome, but *completely* changing the pose or art style should be avoided.
kookybloo, October 31, 2022 9:31 PM NST
Everyone vote B on Darigan Mynci, I had that one for about six seconds before they redraw it.
ummy - JN Staff, October 31, 2022 9:32 PM NST
roshchodesh, October 31, 2022 9:50 PM NST
I'm just plain out starting to very strongly dislike them.
cheetah, October 31, 2022 9:51 PM NST
If they redesign current UCs with faint/pastel lineart to have thick dark lineart it's going to be a nightmare imo because owners are used to the way they look now and many probably created customizations with their current look in mind. I'm really hoping they don't do that.

(Or give us an option to switch between choices with ease, like a certain Neopets mirror fansite)

@darella: "Honestly, I wish they'd just let us get the UCs without having to complicate our lifes. We'll already spend real money on them, at least make things easy for once."

^ This so much, lol

I'm tired and I'm sure the staff on the front lines are too, please just give us a 500-1000nc potion that makes a pet in an existing UC color (baby kougra, mutant usul, etc.) into existing art and unreleased UCs (faerie bori, xmas aisha, etc.) into whatever art seems the most popular based on the survey.
ducky - JN Staff, October 31, 2022 9:56 PM NST

It will keep the problems existing that we've complaied about so, so, so many years
cheetah, October 31, 2022 10:03 PM NST
@ummy: "At minimum many of the UCs are in desperate need of re-scaling. I would be surprised if people are opposed to that."

Eep, I wouldn't be. Many customizations built so that a pet sits in a certain spot in relation to the bg/items would be ruined. I'd be more surprised if people actually wanted re-scaling at all. Do many people actually dislike that some UCs are smaller/placed higher? I've only ever seen scaling/placement complaints in regard to how some wearables look on converted standardized poses, and even then, it's more of an issue with the wearables and how well they fit existing pets.
cheetah, October 31, 2022 10:09 PM NST
"I really don't have much opinions except "original UCs" or their owners don't neet go have ANY kind of special recognition such as trophy or av."

I wrote in my comments at the end that of those choices, an avatar would probably be the least disruptive because there are many unobtainable retired avatars already (and if someone accidentally winds up with it on their side and not their main, maybe they could send in a ticket and have it "transferred" over like gallery spotlight trophies won on side accounts if I'm recalling the process correctly)
mortychichi, October 31, 2022 10:40 PM NST
"Maintain current brand art standards" lmao as if their current art quality isn't way lower than in 2014? While I do like some of the updated arts in the survey I still voted A for everything. Keep in mind that the art we saw in the survey are probably the ones they put the most effort in. Giving them the green light to "update" stuff will just guarantee UCs being ruined like how they ruined Tyrannian Chomby. Seriously they can't even produce a nice pet colour without using fan-made designs now.
el_arakeuh, October 31, 2022 11:49 PM NST
I thought UCs were going to be released “soon” and not long after comiccon. But if they are sending out the questions now it means they haven’t even started yet and thus can easily take yet another year. How long ago did they announce they were bringing them back?
recklesse, October 31, 2022 11:50 PM NST
They really don’t know what they’re doing, huh?

Either leave the original art as is, or do the decent thing and complete the job started in 2007 by converting the remaining stragglers and weather the temporary storm of complaint on the PC.
_sissiy_sis_369, November 1, 2022 12:04 AM NST
I like the way the new ones look, but it angers me that they think that's okay. Especially when they changed the Tyrannian Chomby to conform to the norm and ruined them. (Yup. Im still upset at that) *glares at the Tyrannian Buzz for still being outside the norm*
apophis324, November 1, 2022 1:57 AM NST
Sometimes things need to change, sometimes things need to stay the same.
In the case of Neopets: The site needs to change, UCs need to stay the same. Why waste time and resources on converting unconverted pets to look more like modern pets while the whole point of them was to have them look like they used to before the big conversion, while that time could have been spent on.. I don't know... making sure the website is accessible FULLY from BOTH PC and mobile.

Priorities people!

(Yes, I know, the people in charge of pet design are likely not the ones redesigning the website, but it still goes to show that nobody knows how to prioritise things. We can't have something simple like a Faerie Quest Event, but we can have weird decisions like this?)
roshchodesh, November 1, 2022 2:06 AM NST
It's either a UC or it's not. Any other design should be categorized separately.
The survey, imo, is asking "how can we make the most money off of you?"

And what will happen to the UCs people have already? Will their UCs be updated? Then they wouldn't be UCs, would they.
That would be a horror show.
roshchodesh, November 1, 2022 2:11 AM NST
And I thought they were going to re-release UCs, like an np paint brush.
Silly me
roshchodesh, November 1, 2022 2:13 AM NST
p. s. Fix rhe site.
apophis324, November 1, 2022 2:18 AM NST
Also, what really irates me about this survey is the question on how (not IF, HOW) players should be rewarded if they already have an UC pet. Isn't having such an old relic of the past a reward of its own? Either you managed to hold on to one during conversion or you managed to snag one up (by any means) over the years that followed.. That is not something worth rewarding. Because then I would like a reward for keeping my Neopets fed every single day (either in the Neolodge when I can't be around or by feeding them by hand). And I want an avatar for checking the news! Oh and a trophy for not leaving the lid up after using the toilet in all my 30 years XD
biediep, November 1, 2022 2:40 AM NST
UC = the old art. The way they exist right now, or used to.
(Because I would NOT be opposed to seeing some of the old ones return that got auto-converted like Royal Poogles @_@)
Not new art, not touched up art. No. Not a single line or shadow or color changed. Don't even.

That said, Kiko C is actually really cool XD
recklesse, November 1, 2022 2:50 AM NST
Yes, that question about how to 'reward' people for already having a UC bugged me too.

Then again, are they effectively suggesting all current UCs will be converted and you will need to buy the new UC filter item from the Mall to make them UC again? That isn't clear. In that case it would probably be nice to give those people a free filter for that pet.

I can't imagine they're suggesting a 3rd option where there's a UC version, an NC UC version and a converted version of some pets. That would do nothing to quash the black market in original UC pets, which I thought was the main object of the exercise. Then again, this is ND/JS TNT, so who knows?

Unless, of course, those pets become no-trade and no-pound (so would need converting to remove from an account). This seems unlikely.

And sure, I'd like to have some trophies/avatars for having had all of my pets auto-converted with no option to stick with the old art. But that isn't going to happen.
zeelink, November 1, 2022 3:10 AM NST
@Ducky, strong agree. I don't understand why owners of an UC pet should get a reward. If they want to encourage new people to play the site they should stop encouraging elitism like that. It's great if people kept an UC, good for them, but there's not reason to reward that.
targoefista, November 1, 2022 3:10 AM NST
They need to not touch the current existing UC's. People are happy with the way they are. Any changes to existing UC's would just enrage current owners. I'm also wary of the questions about UC's being designated as NC or not, making them untradable. That seems like it would not solve the problem at all.
recklesse, November 1, 2022 3:11 AM NST
Are you open to the idea of ALL UCs becoming NC UCs and non-tradeable (in this scenario, you would still be able to trade the pet, but the UC art wouldn't trade with it)?

^ that is the question that makes it look like they would 'convert' the existing UCs by the way.
themeepit32, November 1, 2022 5:05 AM NST
honestly they should have done them all when it first same out instead of this junk
sketch, November 1, 2022 5:48 AM NST
I want UCs to be able to be traded for those that can't buy NC. So i suggested that instead of buying the pet directly from the NC mall and having it non-tradable, you could buy some kind of voucher instead that could be traded like regular NC items and that voucher could then be redeemed for a pet or something along those lines.
missdood, November 1, 2022 6:20 AM NST
Yeah, I was coming on here to complain - and el_arakeuh did it for me. They told us we would be getting UCs back this year. Now it is November and they are sending out surveys? I haven't even read the email yet but I am not happy.
chaosshadow, November 1, 2022 6:20 AM NST
The 'reward' for people who currently have UCs is to keep their UCs, since they want to make it a real cash exchange to switch.

My personal preference in all this would be to go back to how these colors worked originally-- specific paintbrushes were tied to special poses. When you bought a Faerie brush you weren't buying a pastel overlay and stapled-on wings, you were buying the whimsical pose that came with it. A Darigan pet wasn't just because you liked purple but because they had unique lineart and intimidating poses.

The best conclusion that can come from this is that EVERY color can get a non-customizable alt pose (in the form of the original circle pose), which I'd be okay with.
iloveeevee, November 1, 2022 7:16 AM NST
The thing that bothers me is the possibility of making them untradeable... that seems needlessly complicated, why would you do that?
I wouldn't mind the "getting a random color" aspect because it reminds me of existing mechanics in the game like the lab ray. and it would be cool if they did have that as the cheaper option and still let people just pick the color as pricier option, that should make it unappealing to gamble on that
ladala, November 1, 2022 7:56 AM NST
I made sure to firmly express what I would and wouldn't pay for.

Would: Buying a specific coloured UC that has been a dreamie. If I can move them between my accounts at will, I will pay for more than one.

Wouldn't: Gambling for what I want. And I won't buy multiples if I can't move them between my accounts.

I get the basic reason why they want to make them untradable (since it'd be mixed NP and NC trading, essentially), but it feels way too restricting. You can gift NC items to someone who doesn't buy NC. You can move NC items to your side accounts. Just make non-UC<->UC trading against the rules if you want to keep them segregated.

And gambling for the colour you want is just no. I have a policy not to buy surprise box-type things with real money unless I'd be happy with any outcome, and that wouldn't be the case here.
roshchodesh, November 1, 2022 8:13 AM NST
Does anyone know roughly how many people are playing on a daily basis?
shawmon, November 1, 2022 8:58 AM NST
I thought the pricing question was kinda funny, like who would look at that and answer with anything *except* the lowest amount lol
novelista, November 1, 2022 9:08 AM NST
Me: Hasn't played Neopets in well over a year.

Also me: Still follows JN on Twitter and waits to see what the comments say before answering the survey.
acosm, November 1, 2022 10:14 AM NST
Honestly, the only reason TNT does these surveys and can't seem to make up their minds is because the Neopets fanbase has always been one of the most fickle fanbases. Literally any decision they make is met with anger from someone.
apophis324, November 1, 2022 10:20 AM NST
Well with Neopets' birthday coming up I am crossing all fingers and toes that the site won't explode.. As long as they keep their hands off of the Inventory work-around I think I will survive..
ducky - JN Staff, November 1, 2022 10:49 AM NST

Actually avatar is the worst option. Since it had "nothing" option, I chose NC.

Eventhere are plenty retired avs, it doesn't mean there should be new one that cannot be achieved. Like you said, many newer players are already missing so much.

Leaving difference between old, old UCs and remake UCs are just keeping the black market, making more of mess etc. Then there'd be three type of pets. converted, original uc and then new "uc"

Gambling (loot box) would be worst way to go and tbh unfair because countries exist where loot boxes are already illegal.

Oh well. I already have uc dari kau. I see very little interest to get any. Tho I do miss my uc mutant skeith (that I morphed to gnorbu because I accidentally fed it stuff and didn't know neolodge). and grey moehog would be cool.
insane000illusions, November 1, 2022 1:07 PM NST
I did see multiple people on the boards saying they would choose the most expensive option to keep them harder to get. Which is ridiculous imo.

also as far as rescaling, there are some, UC grey shoyru for example, that are cute but they do not fit in hardly anything. They sit too high up.

Personally I don't need any special thing because I already have UC pets. But there will be people having a fit if they don't get something and TNT knows that.

I just want to be able to move them between my accounts. I switch my pets around a lot. That includes current UCs. They could fix that with a whole heck ton of additional pet slots I suppose.

I wouldn't want them to change any current UC art. I barely remember before the conversion but for example the UC dari kougra I love the way they look. My first dream pet that I achieved. If he changes i'll be so angry.

That being said, the redraw of the xmas aisha there is beautiful *shrug*
premium17, November 1, 2022 1:13 PM NST
Voted a big no on the gambling part. Have never been a big fan of UC's but its going to be good for those that do.
woodstocki, November 1, 2022 1:42 PM NST
I'm not done reading the comments yet, but here's my two cents:

I will be REALLY pissed off if they change my UC pet. I chose not to convert it. I want at minimum the choice to keep it that way. The way this survey was worded suggested to me that I wouldn't get a say whether my UnConverted pet gets Converted now after all these years.

I'm also not fond of the whole idea to begin with. It feels like yet another money squeeze. I don't see why the ability to own an ancient pet should be something you can buy new, it sort of goes against the whole concept.
greenj12356, November 1, 2022 2:05 PM NST
I just think giving original UC pets a trophy is the best option. It keeps the original UCs status, and yet gives everyone what they have been asking for, for years. The old art. I don't get why this would be such an issue unless people are just mad they won't get a trophy.
nobody, November 1, 2022 8:13 PM NST
IF MY CHILDREN DON'T GET TROPHIES I WILL BE MOST SAD.
nobody, November 1, 2022 8:13 PM NST
I mean, yes, I want UCS for everyone REGARDLESS.
But I also want the shinies for my babies.
nobody, November 1, 2022 8:17 PM NST

---

If I can choose which pose (angry, beaten, etc) my UC pets are in, I will be MOST happy. XD Most of my characters are sad or angry little wretches.
insane000illusions, November 1, 2022 9:25 PM NST

------

So many people were not around before the conversion and they deserve to be able to have the pretty pixels too. I want to be able to complete my UC kau herd but UC royal kaus hardly exist. I just want the complete set for myself.

So ya it's a bit of a money grab like everything else but it's the paying players that keep things going at this point imo
peppermint, November 1, 2022 10:58 PM NST
I feel a rant coming on.

I can't believe TNT actually had the unmitigated gall to even ask the questions in this survey, to even suggest such ideas. "Are you open to the idea of ALL UCs becoming NC UCs and non-tradeable?" I have no words. I mean, Meepits! What the Sloth?

It just demonstrates even more how totally clueless and out of touch they are with what the players want. It's like spitting on every single person who was disappointed when conversion happened and they either lost their favorite pet or lost their chance to create it.

Do I have UC's? Yes. And I love them as they are. I like the way they look, and I like the fact I can MOVE them between my accounts if I want to without them losing their color. Are there other UC's I'd like? Of course. But, to trot out an old proverb, I'm not one to trade one in the hand for two in the bush. I don't want the pets I have to be tampered with just so TNT can pat themselves on the back for figuring out a way to kick everyone in the face who asked them to bring UC's back.

As players, we just had a simple request. So then after years of denying it was even a remote possibility, TNT suddenly changes their tune and decides to "work" in the issue. They spend a year claiming it's going to happen! and it's coming soon! People get excited!!!! (lot's of exclamation points!) And now, here comes The Survey. Because we all know what comes from TNT's surveys: Nothing.

While the optimist in me always has hopes that yes, TNT will do the right thing. They'll make people happy, they'll read the surveys, they'll monitor the Neoboards, and they'll listen to the players. Because if they mess this up, it might just be the ultimate final straw for some people. Yet... The pessimist in me says that nothing we wrote in that form will actually be considered.. it's like a teacher passing out busy work the day before Christmas break to keep the kids out of her hair.

I don't know. I'm just so tired of TNT m
peppermint, November 1, 2022 10:59 PM NST
....I'm just so tired of TNT messing things up, it's so frustrating because Neo always had some much potential. It really could have been something if all these people who keep passing around ownership had played their cards right.

*end rant*
chrissy, November 2, 2022 3:02 AM NST
I don't want them messing around with the old artwork. And i don't want to get randomized colors/species either. I want specific UCs not what the site randomly gives me.
ducky - JN Staff, November 2, 2022 3:45 AM NST
I want to be able to complete my UC kau herd but UC royal kaus hardly exist.
Oh but there as been plenty UC royal kaus at PC recently! There isn't a week when there would not be one UFT. Where it came from, is another thing.. was it bought or was it created by trade reverses.
britt90, November 2, 2022 5:21 AM NST
I made an account just to post what I think about this after seeing mostly negative comments.

I've been playing since neopets started. I've had my pets changed, I still have some UCs, and I've even had my accounts hacked and my pets stolen from me. Seeing this survey has me excited!

I've seen people on the boards talk about making UC un-tradeable, I've seen people bring up many ways that they can release the way to UC pets. What I see for the most part is stuff users have said before. I get it on updating the UC art. I disagree with it, and simply voted no and added a kind reasoning in the comment box.

I like the idea of cheap random potion and a slightly more costly potion (or pb) that you can get the one color you want.

I think it's great they are showing us all the UC poses for pets we didn't even think possible to have UC again! A Ty Aisha is a must get for me and a Hallo Shoy!

They ARE listening, they are far better then the past. They need money to fix problems on the site. They will get a huge cash flow in from UCs, that is currently going to the black market, that they can put to the site.

I'm so excited for this, they hear us and made this survey to get our input. Better then it was years ago.
just_smile, November 2, 2022 8:21 AM NST
The concern about UC pets with trophies being more valuable than new UCs is understandable, but unwarranted. People do not care about trophy pets at all on the pound chat; when it's advertised that a pet is a "trophy pet" it's like saying 6L or Y5. No one trades better for these pets except in extremely rare circumstances, and even then not by much. PC elitism is a problem and there will always be someone who tries to tout their "original UC" as more valuable, but if UCs become fully accessible they will all tank in value and traders will only care about pet names (and possibly stats). I just cannot imagine UC pets with trophy trading any more than marginally differently than UC pets without trophy, and neither will be "worth" much to PC traders anymore.
That said, I also don't care about the trophy, and I have no issue if no compensation is given to existing UC owners like myself.

As for the rest of it I agree with general opinion of DO NOT TOUCH EXISTING UC ART. I like my UC baby kougra the way he is, imperfections and all. If they want to make new UCs, sure!
chaosshadow, November 2, 2022 10:02 AM NST

Oh, you'll definitely get people who want to collect 'trophy' UCs. If there's something rare to be hand people will always want it.

And that's fine. The original UCs can have their trophies. Most people just want those poses back, or want the option to get them. Honestly that's a really nice middle ground; people who want the prestige can still have it, everybody else can finally get the pets the way they wanted them.
kaimactrash, November 2, 2022 10:33 AM NST
15 years of waiting, all the drama over the past few years, and our reward for sticking around, is being bled like a stone just for them to return a feature they removed to squeeze money out of us in 2007!
as much as I'd like a UC I do not care to pay Neopets for a different Jpeg on a pet page, it's just nfts with more steps and probably less environmental damage.
biediep, November 2, 2022 12:52 PM NST
It should have been so simple.
Give current UCs a pretty trophy to show that they were already UC before the re-release, then put a single item in the NC Mall that Unconverts your pet; it already needs to be the species and colour combination you want the UC to be, then the NC item just changes their art to the good old UC art. That's it. That's literally it.

They should be trade-able imo, but maybe make customs not allowed since that'd basically be trading RL money for someone else's pet. It'd be nice if the NC item was trade-able for other NC items, though.

No messing with the art, no weird questions.
Just give us the old art back. And tbh, I think it should be a loyal user perk as well. Allow accounts of 10+ years to create one UC per year, similar to the new Premium Perk.
roshchodesh, November 2, 2022 2:46 PM NST
JS/ND/TNT they aren't trying to make money to FIX things? Are you kidding??? That money is for shareholders. Flat out greed.

neopet$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
coira, November 2, 2022 4:22 PM NST
The only thing I'd really be upset about is if they made everything non-tradable. Most of the fun of neopets for me is trading pets, although I've mostly stopped UC trading. Being able to, on a whim loot box an UC, then trade it off would give me something new to do, even though the loot box is an unpopular option. I personally voted for there to be both a specific item, and a loot box item.

The purpose was to stop the black market, and being able to create the pet on the site with money paid to the site will tank it tremendously.
anunsureneopian, November 2, 2022 7:57 PM NST
@kaimactrash I feel the same. Bringing back something that was already taken out from us but now is behind a pay wall? No, thanks. We can already take care of pets with the old poses on fansites that recreate the early neopets and without paying, lol.

They can surely think of other ways of making money out of this game. They said they have "a lot of meetings" after all.
apophis324, November 3, 2022 1:07 AM NST
@biediep: You do raise a good point, but that would also require TNT to immediately squash out several problems that could come with a simple "unconverter" in the NC Mall.
One: It should come with a check BEFORE PURCHASE whether your pets could use it or not. A Yellow Chia might be fine to unconvert, but a Magma Chia is not. People might not know that before trying to unconvert, wasting money on a for them useless item.
Also they would also need to sell (double the money!) an item that could re-convert a pet, in case someone decides they didn't want their pet to be UC after all.

And trading real money for things on Neopets has always been abholished... though now it could be a realistic problem they'll face if NC-unconverted pets become tradable. I wonder if TNT has seen this far ahead in their business strategy.
...And if they have.. was all the art-hubub just a distraction so we wouldn't focus on these aspects?
biediep, November 3, 2022 3:24 AM NST
It would definitely be cool if they showed you which of your pets you could unconvert and what they would then look like when you're about to purchase the item, but it shouldn't stop you from buying one if you don't have pets that can be UCified because for all they know, you want to trade/gift it.

Re-converting them should work the same way it does now; a simple button on the quickref. It would be crazy if they actually sold a re-converter for money LOL but it wouldn't surprise me.
apophis324, November 3, 2022 10:15 AM NST
A thing you buy for real money can be undone forever with a simple press of a button? That.. doesn't sound safe... I'm probably just dumb though *nods*
roshchodesh, November 3, 2022 10:30 AM NST
^ what they said
biediep, November 4, 2022 7:07 AM NST
The button already exists, so currently years and years of trading up to a certain UC can be undone by that same button. It does give you an "are you sure" and you can make it require a PIN I believe? I don't have any UCs so I can't check. Having to spend even more money to undo the previous money you spent doesn't exactly sound right to me either, but maybe that's just me.
dusk, November 4, 2022 2:41 PM NST
"People do not care about trophy pets at all on the pound chat; when it's advertised that a pet is a "trophy pet" it's like saying 6L or Y5."

Fun fact: Most "trophy pets" also just reused the same frappin' BC entry over and over and farmed trophies, so aren't really "trophy pets" by any standards; Just hoarders that were in almost always easy categories such as Tonu and Nimmo.

Of course, some may have PPL and such as well, but most of the BC trophies? Yeah, just trophy farming. 50 farmed trophies are nothing compared to a 5 trophy pet who won with a new pic each week, imo.

(just had to mention that, as someone who's more active in the creative community and who also votes for the BC weekly - usually manually - so gets to see all the creativity/reused entries every time; I'll stop ramblng now)
insane000illusions, November 4, 2022 4:21 PM NST
-----

It's against the rules to reuse an entry if it's already won a trophy or something else on the site tho, some are easy like a scorchio for example. When I had my UC mutant scorchio I did get him like 10 BC trophies but the art was different every time.

But I do agree that most people don't care much about BC trophies.

I think an "original UC" trophy would be different tho. It's going to let people easily see that it is an old UC and not one made with NC.

The question is do the replicas get trophies? hmm
mariota, November 4, 2022 9:59 PM NST
Just release all UC colors as they were, don't put any trade limitations on them, don't force them into wearables if it doesn't work organically, and put a 'UC Paint Brush' in the NC Mall for 5000 NC. I don't care. Just whatever you do, don't **** this up.
mercury, November 5, 2022 1:40 AM NST
Glad I came over here to check the comments before submitting my survey response. I'll vote B on that Darigan Mynci lol

Here's how I summed up my feedback: I don't really understand the thinking behind some of these questions. My main hope is that whatever the decision, it would have as little disruption or change as possible for users who currently have UC pets. For the rest of us, I'm happy to pay to get a specific UC or UC-like pet - I would love to have the flexibility to re-UC a pet because some of the UC designs were great.
unicorns, November 6, 2022 1:38 PM NST
Adding to the people saying 'no' gambling, I loathe this idea and how it could really harm people. Just let me pay to UC-ify my pet. I'll do it.

I have a feeling they'll go with the cycling color/pet option versus allowing us to have access to all combos like they should, as cycling just gamifies the process further and creates artificial scarcity (...if the new UC pets are trade-able, that is). I'm also just impatient.

I'll also loudly echo everyone saying 'hell no' to rewarding current UC owners. I have a UC because I was lucky, that's it. I shouldn't be rewarded for this. I hope I conveyed this in the survey notes because I really think an avatar (even if it doesn't count towards the total number) or trophy will be very divisive and just continue to make 'original' UC pets weird status items.