The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Help us model your pets!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Advent

Ummy
New Faerie Merch at Cakeworthy
  • Posted by Ummy
  • Posted on October 24, 2022, 4:17 am NST

Cakeworthy has introduced 3 new items to its Neopets collection just in time for the holidays: A Faerie Doll themed mini backpack, a matching wallet, and a Faerie Pets blanket.

Use discount code THANKYOU for 10% off your purchase!

sprite_83_4, October 24, 2022 5:45 PM NST
no measurements on the blanket in their description?
debgil, October 25, 2022 10:14 AM NST
Blanket looks old and faded. Why would they not make it the same bright colors as the other to items?
pikachu315111, October 25, 2022 6:07 PM NST
FRIENDLY REMINDER: You have until the end of this Month to preorder the Neopets Tarot Cards and get a little something additional (does not mention this on the page, but JN's Old Post did). This is something in addition to the usual Rare Item Code.

Of course you can still order the cards after November 1st, but you won't get the special exclusives.
roshchodesh, October 25, 2022 10:40 PM NST
For $50+ I'd rather buy winter boots. Or maybe McRibs (which I've never had, but Micky D's says are on a farewell tour). Then again, there is that overdue library book fine I could take care of (I had no idea Proust's "In Lost Time" would take so long to finish.).
joe - JN Staff, October 26, 2022 4:21 PM NST
@sprite_83_4 I just heard back from Cakeworthy on size, the blankets are 40" by 60"
catriki, October 26, 2022 6:01 PM NST
I kinda wish they'd put more effort into the designs than pasting already-existing item images in a repeating pattern. I have to admit some things have me tempted to spend money on Neo merch again (like those tarot cards, the faerie doll pins, and maaaaybe the cookbook) but these items have no interest from me. If they wanted to tempt me for the holidays, they could do something less generic. The backpack doesn't even look good, I suppose the other items are the kinds of things one can justify repeat patterns for, but it's still kind of bleh.
catriki, October 26, 2022 6:02 PM NST
Though in retrospect, it may be the lighting of the photos making everything look... stark? Dunno the word for it. Bland, maybe. This is where owner pics would come in handy once/if anyone buys them.
catriki, October 26, 2022 6:04 PM NST
On the other hand (and sorry for flooding- I keep having more thoughts lol)- a repeating pattern like that would work well for actual bedsheets, which are a thing I'm needing to get more of at some point anyway and if there were some like this, I suppose I *would* be tempted.
sprite_83_4, October 26, 2022 6:27 PM NST
@joe~ ah thank you so much!! i appreciate it!!

hmm..it does seem kind of small, even for a throw blanket. i’m debating lol
sprite_83_4, October 26, 2022 6:36 PM NST
@catriki~ i agree w a lot of your points! personally, i don’t understand the wallet design. i was tempted by the baby pets wallet, but there’s not even a place to put cash/loose change? it just seems inefficient. the faerie doll items here do look kinda dull and flat, but yes could be the lighting! your *if* anyone buys them comment made me laugh haha i would also love to see some bed sets!! i’m in the market for a cute bed blanket but this one looks like just a throw, very small ):
roshchodesh, October 28, 2022 7:45 AM NST
40 x 60 is bath towel size, not sure you could "wrap yourself" in it as they say. It's not fuzzy fleece either, if you look at the hem (or lack thereof), it's flat, more like flannel. It forebodes disappointment
sprite_83_4, October 29, 2022 8:09 PM NST
@roshchodesh~ i knowww you’re so right ;( such a shame because i do love the print. hopefully a real sized blanket will come up later with another cute neo pattern. i’m tempted w this one but i’m not gonna do it! thanks for talking some sense into me, i needed it haha <3