It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
A searchable database of Neopets images
Earn NP from playing games!

Eyrie Day Roundup
  • Posted on October 10, 2022, 11:08 am NST

To celebrate Eyrie Day, there's a new colour available:

Candy

A new set of Lord Kass themed wearables are also now available:

kyrette, October 10, 2022 11:28 AM NST
A licorice Eyrie... Or should I say Licoreyrice? it's quite nice and very red.
quarkets, October 10, 2022 12:30 PM NST
feel em the deer her ea e' kell en cocoon
begeorge2424, October 10, 2022 12:40 PM NST
Both of these are quite nice
serpentshrine, October 10, 2022 12:40 PM NST
Daaaaang. Looking forward to seeing how that Kass clothes looks on darigan eyries!
apophis324, October 10, 2022 12:42 PM NST
I know they went for a red licorice theme on the Candy Eyrie, but... it doesn't work very well overall. It's a bit much. On some parts it looks more like he's made up of red, ribbed trousers..
biediep, October 10, 2022 1:44 PM NST
Candy?
...
...
That's candy?
All I can see is yarn. And ugly.

The Kass outfit is cool though
orisasda, October 10, 2022 2:14 PM NST
It took me a minute, but I realized the Candy Eyrie is supposed to be red licorice. It could have been executed better. The texture makes me think more of vinyl than licorice.
roshchodesh, October 10, 2022 2:40 PM NST
@quarkets
"feel em the deer her ea e' kell en cocoon"
roshchodesh, October 10, 2022 2:41 PM NST
Unable to translate. Should I know this?
contessa, October 10, 2022 3:13 PM NST
Candy? It is just red!

Thanks, but I will keep my Eyrie painted Desert
roshchodesh, October 10, 2022 4:10 PM NST
Twizzlers
nefarity, October 10, 2022 6:08 PM NST
Unique idea for the candy. I like the shade of red.

That Kass outfit looks much better than the old Kass Collectors Armour looks on Eyries. I think the wings are based on this image: https://www.drsloth.com/view/161288/
No idea why they didn't model it on a Darigan Eyrie.
inkpot, October 10, 2022 7:29 PM NST
Uhoooo, lovin dat kass costume set!
Not a fan really of the candy... I think... They tried but they didn't succeed. I don't need unique colors, they can do another rainbow lollipop like the kougra or butterscotch like the nimmo and I'd be ecstatic.
nobody, October 10, 2022 8:04 PM NST
Petty tangent, but I'm just here to beg that the restockers who snipe new outfits stop pricing them at an initial of 1m. It's just... unaffordable. Are new outfits really that rare? Am I out of touch?
apophis324, October 11, 2022 12:25 AM NST
Those wings are pretty cool and all, very Kass-y... but once again they have no idea how perspective works. Now they both sit horizontally on the side of an Eyrie. The wing on the viewer's left should go over the outfit, not behind it.
apophis324, October 11, 2022 12:27 AM NST
@nobody: Nah, that's just how (unfair) people work. They want immediate gain. They find something new, everyone wants the new thing (they assume) and try to sell it at ridiculous profit. Give it a few weeks or months, let the hype die down and things will probably become affordable.
Oh and stalk the Almost Abandoned Attic. Newer outfit pieces pop up there from time to time to. Just nothing for a Xweetok for some reason...
biediep, October 11, 2022 2:46 AM NST
@apophis324
Yea they seem to have that problem with wings a LOOOOOOOOOT, it's ridiculous.
breezydreams, October 11, 2022 6:08 AM NST
Aw, come on! Are we really expecting morality and humanity from automated robot buying tools? Oh, wait.... Yes, someone who snipes with disallowed methods is probably going to show poor interpersonal skills. ((SKILLS! I can say SKILLS! Calm down, Breezy. You still have to post on topic.))

Outfit: Nice jewelry, can be worn with other outfits, tool. Nice sword details. Sadly, this would be better as a shirt and trousers. What's with the "costume catsuits"? My Steampunk Techo is also in a onesie. The wings, as apophis324 noted, look like a cardboard photo prop from a carnival that the pet is standing in front of.

I had to scroll to comments to learn what the candy is. The ruff, and especially tail, are where Twizzlers would be expected to shine. I mean, it certainly is a detailed drawing, I just don't see Candy. It really does look like "superhero costume" fabric and... extra bulky yarn? It is berry red. Probably easy to customize.

Maybe "easy to hang NC wearable on" is a priority over letting the artist explore the creative opportunities of a classic candy store.
breezydreams, October 11, 2022 6:10 AM NST
*with other outfits, too.

Need. edit. function.

Or coffee....
breezydreams, October 11, 2022 6:18 AM NST
@roshchodesh:

"feel em the deer her ea e' kell en cocoon"

Failed Haitian Creole to English translator. Lemme grab my French language brain cells:

"I think the doe looks like she's wearing a cocoon."

or butterfly chrysalis. And yes, to me that observation is spot on!
zebshep, October 11, 2022 8:25 AM NST
Once I saw candy, I immediately knew it was supposed to be red licorice... but it really does just look like yarn. Very good idea but mediocre execution.
apophis324, October 11, 2022 8:51 AM NST
@breezydreams: Your descriptions of the wings really made me laugh and I don't know why
roshchodesh, October 11, 2022 2:54 PM NST
Curtain tie back tassels! Magenta!
surferboard_girl, October 11, 2022 8:36 PM NST
Super excited for that Lord Kass outfit! Yay for more earrings!

The colour, on the other hand, could have used another attempt or two...
roshchodesh, October 12, 2022 6:46 AM NST
@breezydreams - thank you I spent a bit of time using translate. Got close enough with Southern Sohto but I don't have French language brain cells to use... maybe not too many brain cells of any type to use, now that I think about it
breezydreams, October 12, 2022 5:02 PM NST
apophis324 was probably standing too close to the balloon clown, and inhaled a bit too much helium. *wink*

roshchodesh, yvw--and you have at least enough brain cells to think. That puts you at the upper end of the curve, eh?
meepydom, October 15, 2022 2:22 PM NST
Yeah... the "candy" looks like yarn.