Vonroo alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Create your own wishlists!

Draik Day Roundup
  • Posted on September 9, 2022, 11:14 am NST

To celebrate Draik Day, there's a new colour available:

Toy

A new set of clothing inspired by King Terask is also available:

mavegibson, September 9, 2022 11:17 AM NST
I actually like this color. Although a lot will depend on how well it customizes.
solsticesprite, September 9, 2022 11:38 AM NST
I don't see much of anything toy-like about this. There is an articulation fo the jaw and a swivel attachment in the tail, so it's steampunk lite?

Is there a real life toy it is supposed to be kinda like and I don't notice this because I am old?
1jediboy, September 9, 2022 11:39 AM NST
❤️❤️❤️TOOTHLESS!!!❤️❤️❤️

🐉
nobody, September 9, 2022 11:57 AM NST
Hm. Confused, but I like it a lot.
serpentshrine, September 9, 2022 12:22 PM NST
Now this
This is AWESOME
_rodeo_, September 9, 2022 1:06 PM NST
This is cool! I don't think it would work for my customization style, but I'm excited to see what others do with it!
potential_ruler, September 9, 2022 1:27 PM NST
Toy? Not sure... but it's giving.
The outfit has some cool pieces I'd like to work a custom around.
biediep, September 9, 2022 1:33 PM NST
If it didn't literally say it was Toy, I would've never guessed.
It's cool, but not something I want.
THE OUTFIT ON THE OTHER HAND, THOUGH?! o_o
biediep, September 9, 2022 1:36 PM NST
I hadn't even noticed at first but I am SO glad the extra arms are separate and not part of the body costume, because I think it would probably look better without.
dragonperrisgirl, September 9, 2022 3:19 PM NST
I need both <3
sadduck, September 9, 2022 3:31 PM NST
I think its supposed to look like a Drogon toy from GoT. I found similar looking ones on Amazon.
spicylife, September 9, 2022 3:55 PM NST
I personally am so very please, Terask is my fave Neo Character; and the toy color looks like one of my fave etsy sellers!

insane000illusions, September 9, 2022 4:50 PM NST
I think it looks like a real dragon toy that moves. I'm not a draik collector but I love it
topaz644, September 9, 2022 5:19 PM NST
I wish I could paint my Draik those colors without the Toy jaw.
dustin, September 9, 2022 6:58 PM NST
Good thing I have a toy PB in my SDB.. definitely creating one this weekend when I first saw it I thought it was origami, but I definitely like it. and the outfit!
lasergu, September 9, 2022 7:17 PM NST
Big wins today for the color and the outfit
contessa, September 9, 2022 9:59 PM NST
I really like the new color, but have no idea why they think it looks like a Toy?
nefarity, September 9, 2022 11:00 PM NST
Cool colour! Looks like an articulated action figure. Makes me wish Draiks had a wearable that looked like they're breathing fire.

Like the outfit, too.
katina_choovanski, September 9, 2022 11:31 PM NST
Echoing most opinions here that aren't completely onboard with the color. But that outfit ROCKS!
inkpot, September 10, 2022 12:16 AM NST
i don't really see reason to complain here.
it's modeled after a dragon toy...? i guess ppls problems is that it's not bright red or yellow and colorful enough to be considered a toy?? but my cousin had dozens of dinosaur and dragon toys when he was little (and many of which only had where the jaw piece opened).
personally, i really love this look.

and the outfit is almost like a 2nd color, so joy to that as well~
apophis324, September 10, 2022 1:08 AM NST
I think the colours of the Toy Draik are alright. Gives a nice action figure vibe. I would probably have gone with a green dragon rather than a black one but, this works. Not veeeeery Toy-like though.

The outfit is pretty rad, especially the wings. Bit strange that a Draik would need a Draik-shaped mask..
fishgirl1996, September 10, 2022 5:28 AM NST
*Correction - the icon NEXT to the check list in the bottom left!
fishgirl1996, September 10, 2022 5:28 AM NST
^ignore my comment I meant to post this on the previous news thread
biediep, September 10, 2022 1:06 PM NST
-x-
For me personally, it's the weird shapes. The colors are gorgeous and toys can be any color, they don't need to be bright. It's just that Toy wasn't the first (or second, or third) thing to come to mind at all, lol. Upon closer inspection I can see it, but at first glance I had NO idea xD
woodstocki, September 10, 2022 2:37 PM NST
I like the look, but it's not immediately recognisable as Toy. Even knowing it's supposed to be Toy, apart from the tail and jaw hinges, I don't really see it.

That's not a complaint, merely an observation.
ziporen, September 10, 2022 7:39 PM NST
I think it looks fine. Not every Toy needs to be neon colors. Articulated toys are actually pretty good about not making their joints painfully obvious -- most real ones wouldn't even have a visible screw in the jaw, for example, and wouldn't leave the tail sockets so exposed.

If it were based on a typical single mold dragon figure instead, there would be no seams at all and it would be even less obvious. :b
mavegibson, September 11, 2022 11:12 AM NST
I am among those who are pleased to see a toy that actually looks like a toy. Not a garish over-interpreted, slap-you-across-the-head-with-the-concept version of a toy.

I personally feel like most of the toy pets are designed to look like toddler toys, while this one looks like something 3+.
nicole24, September 12, 2022 1:27 PM NST