It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Help us model your pets!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Faeries Hope Update
  • Posted on September 11, 2022, 2:28 pm NST

UPDATE September 11th: The summer event has begun. This is a limited time event where you can buy in game furniture to decorate the islands using currency earned via completing levels. It appears it will only last one week. Sadly, if you have already completed all levels prior to this update, you are unable to earn any currency and thus cannot take part at present.

This morning an update for the Faeries Hope match-3 app is available! Featured changes include:

- 150 New Levels, 5 New elements
- New event: Summer Party
- New Shenkuu Event
- New event: Rainbow Fountain
- New customization items
- Optimizations and Bug Fixes

Despite what the update notes claim, there are not 150 additional levels beyond what was added in the previous update, but existing levels have been rebalanced.

apophis324, September 8, 2022 6:54 AM NST
Does the update come with a worldwide localisation?
anunsureneopian, September 8, 2022 7:40 AM NST
For those who play/played it: how good is faeries hope? it's just a match-3 game, or does it have other elements? can you gain NPs playing it?
I'm considering playing it but I want to hear opinions on it first.
absolutejudith, September 8, 2022 8:07 AM NST
I have been playing. Something to do. Wish it gave some prizes in Neopia. I have about 101 levels done beyond what was available. I am glad I can apply this to the new storylines
herdy - JN Staff, September 8, 2022 10:13 AM NST
I think it is the best of the currently available Neopets apps, but yeah it needs Neopets.com linking. Story is reasonably solid.
biediep, September 8, 2022 11:43 AM NST
La dee da still can't download this game to begin with...
oldtimereturner29, September 8, 2022 1:07 PM NST
Why don't they connect these to the actual site in some way like the Lutari island talisman back in the day?
jaydeed, September 8, 2022 5:48 PM NST
I played, got bored, stopped.
anunsureneopian, September 8, 2022 6:22 PM NST
Ty for the answers, I'll give it a try
katina_choovanski, September 8, 2022 9:11 PM NST
WISH THEY'D FIX THE DAGGONE SITE FIRST!
mistyqee, September 9, 2022 5:01 AM NST
I just want them to fix the bug so I can play using Jorett
contessa, September 9, 2022 6:50 AM NST
More mobile stuff, sheesh. Never gonna use those.

Fix the Neopets site already
kaimactrash, September 9, 2022 9:44 AM NST
After not super enjoying the other two mobile games they've done, I think they've picked a good option here, a story that isn't particularly short, characters we get to know better, and more easy to pick up and play whenever gameplay helps a lot. I never go into island builders except for on-site events, because I took a break ages ago, and since then all my pets are miserable and its too many items needed for me to get them back to normal so I just gave up, it wasn't really fun anymore, but it's not much like that for this one, so even if the game play is more casual, I kinda prefer it. Need more Ariel outside of island builders cuz shes too good a character to be trapped in that not great game.
tycooncorb, September 9, 2022 10:19 AM NST
Incredibly boring. I’m so confused as to why they are dishing out multiple apps yet never sticking to one and they are all in Beta still…they should have just stuck with Ghoul Catchers if they wanted a match 3 app. Although imo this one is better than Island Builder. They just aren’t going anywhere and aren’t updated nearly enough.
tycooncorb, September 9, 2022 10:23 AM NST
I truly wish we could crowdfund the buying of Neopets site. I feel the site is in better hands with the community with people who are actually interested in working together and running the site. Somehow this treasured brand is sitting in a dumpster fire with no way out currently. There is SO much potential with the brand and it’s just all money grab currently with NO actual content.
fishgirl1996, September 10, 2022 5:27 AM NST
There are some new levels in the side quests (accessible via the check list clipboard icon in the bottom left), have these been added recently or were they with the previous update?
fishgirl1996, September 10, 2022 5:28 AM NST
*Correction - the icon NEXT to the check list in the bottom left!
herdy - JN Staff, September 11, 2022 3:28 PM NST
Weirdly they reset some progress randomly so they aren’t new — just you might have to re complete them.
roshchodesh, September 12, 2022 5:43 AM NST
Goodness knows why, I decided to try it. It's very pretty, very Caucasian, and I can hardly see much of it on my phone because it's so tiny. It's also boring. It practically plays itself for the beginning levels it's almost nothing to do because they're showing you how to do it and there's no time left to do anything yourself. The other thing that annoys me is how quickly the suggestion of what three to match pops up. I want to do that myself in my time, so I was annoyed. I'm bored, like many other people have commented.
roshchodesh, September 12, 2022 5:44 AM NST
Uninstalled
lovefordalai, September 12, 2022 5:58 AM NST
Contrary to what a lot of people here seem to think, I actually really enjoy the game. To me it's a mix of both easy and difficult. I've been at the max level (701 as of this update) and maxed all the other side quests. As for story, it's hard to make a captivating story for a mobile game, but who's playing for story tbh. Anyway, regarding this summer event, I can't collect any watermelons from levels bc I already beat all the levels T_T
kowry, September 12, 2022 10:04 AM NST
My opinion on the game/app is it's boring
terraswan, September 12, 2022 1:01 PM NST
I did give this one an honest try awhile back. As someone who is a puzzle game fanatic in general and has spent quite a lot of time on Candy Crush and one or two of its clones, I figured this game would have some potential. And it does. Someone is putting in a genuine effort. Still, there are a couple of issues. The biggest one is there's far too much emphasis on the story and side quests rather than the gameplay, at least at the beginning. The levels were far too short (I was finishing them in seconds, even while ignoring the obnoxious hints), and I was being forced to spend most of my time with character dialogue and little side quests. It really felt like The Faerie's Hope didn't want to be a match-3 game at all. But, that's not objectively bad, it's just a design choice that didn't sit well with me. I think the fatal flaw of this game is that it's mediocre. There's nothing outright wrong with it, it's just fine. The graphics, sound design, level design, etc. are all perfectly okay and competent, and these days that's almost worse than being downright terrible. In a sea of mobile games, this one just doesn't stand out at all. It's better than a lot of garbage, but there are many games out there that are far more interesting and well-crafted. Heck, there's even a bunch of garbage games out there that are more notable because they're so hilariously bad. Right square in the middle is The Faerie's Hope. It's there, it's fine, it's got a bit of Neopets charm to it, but there's not much reason to actually play it, unfortunately.
jagaleigh, September 12, 2022 2:35 PM NST
I completely agree with tycooncorb. 100%!
coryldork, September 14, 2022 11:12 AM NST
Ah crap, I forget which service I used to log in to it...
breezydreams, September 15, 2022 7:23 PM NST
If the app games are boring and the site is crumbling, then surely all the Neopian sheep will stampede to an NFT game (during global warming crisis), abandoning Pets we've enjoyed for decades, leaving 100s or 1000s of RL cash in pixel goods, and joining contests that have no standard judging.

Bah, bah!

I read that alpha NFThome is judged by how many items are crammed in. Training a generation of hoarders, or what?