It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Create your own wishlists!

StackPath Captchas Banning Neopians
  • Posted on August 24, 2022, 11:12 am NST

UPDATE, August 27th 2:45 PM NST: Neopians are still getting blocked by StackPath, and it doesn't seem as if the sensitivity on the automatic banning has been turned down.

In order to get unblocked, you must file a ticket with Neopets support—make sure you include the "Reference ID" number on the page that tells you you're blocked. (That's how they'll identify who to unblock.)

You can create a support ticket by visiting the site below and clicking the blue "CREATE A TICKET" button at the bottom of the page:

TNT, please stop this shenanigans and turn off this firewall. Cheaters have known how to get around StackPath ever since the feature went live in 2019—it's trivial once you know how—so all StackPath is doing now is blocking cheaters not in the know and real Neopians who are just trying to play the game.

UPDATE, 1:00 PM NST: TNT has posted a statement asking anyone that has been blocked to open up a support ticket:

Hello, Neopians! We are currently fine-tuning and improving our site security. If you happen to experience a web page that says you’re blocked on our site, then please make a ticket so our Customer Support team can help you out. Please be sure to include that Reference ID you see on that page to better facilitate the process.

We’re receiving a lot of feedback and greatly appreciate the messages. Many apologies for the inconvenience, we hope to get you back into Neopia soon!

It's unfortunate to see that TNT is simply not wiping the slate of banned users clean to start over—instead, this will create a bunch of unnecessary work for support and further delay access for Neopians who are simply playing the game.

Yesterday afternoon, a new StackPath feature was turned on that requires users visiting Neopets to complete a captcha to continue their visit. It also seems that users are now being banned by StackPath.

It's currently unknown exactly what sort of behavior triggers a ban, and we haven't seen any reports of anyone being unbanned yet. The bans seem to be IP-based, so visiting Neopets in another browser after being banned won't help.

One of Jellyneo's own staff members was banned yesterday evening, and is still banned as of 13 hours later. Prior to getting StackPath-banned, they were refreshing a few pages in multiple tabs. So it's likely that any "botlike" behavior will lead to a ban—unfortunate since Neopets has a lot of browser refreshing-intensive activities.

What is StackPath?
For those out of the loop, StackPath is a middleman security service that sits between your computer and Neopets servers. You must pass a bot check in order to continue visiting Neopets.com. The intent of the service is to prevent bad actor bots from visiting and using Neopets. Examples include cheating scripts like autobuyers, score senders, etc. However, we've seen that it's "easy" for cheaters to get around StackPath, so it really only ends up as an inconvenience for cheaters not in the know... and everyday Neopians who aren't trying to get around anything.

The StackPath settings seem to be tweaked by TNT every few months, as we've seen numerous times where StackPath gets more aggressive or disappears for periods of time. The captchas we're seeing today are completely new.

Have you been affected?
Were you banned by StackPath? Have you had to complete a captcha?

Share your experience in the comments so we can learn more about what activities to avoid and how other Neopians are being affected.

jaydeed, August 24, 2022 11:19 AM NST
I was banned this morning, refreshing at the dump. Sent a ticket, then saw a suggestion offsite to clear cookies. To my great relief, this worked like a charm and I was able to log in. NOT happy! I was quite panicked for a while there.
quailbat - JN Staff, August 24, 2022 11:19 AM NST
Just got my first captchas...time to take a break so I don't get blocked too!
karametra, August 24, 2022 11:20 AM NST
ugh locked out since yesterday at 3pm. No work around just yet but I'll be looking for solutions tonight.

Quirky Aesthetic users can stay tuned to our offsite server for updates.
jaydeed, August 24, 2022 11:25 AM NST
Karametra, did you try clearing cookies? It was an instant fix for me.
stracer, August 24, 2022 11:28 AM NST
I got a captcha but didn't get banned
dave - JN Staff, August 24, 2022 11:29 AM NST
@jaydeed: I'm wondering if you were actually banned--or if you had some sort of temporary lock out. Clearing cookies as a fix for a ban would be very silly on StackPath's part. Bots wouldn't even be saving those cookies to begin with. (Or could just as trivially block them to circumvent the ban.)
junimo, August 24, 2022 11:33 AM NST
got ip banned yesterday. i was playing dicearoo but it didn't happen while i was playing; it probably happened at least 10 minutes after and i'm not sure what i was even doing at that time, though nothing that required refreshing. clearing cookies has not worked for me.
jaydeed, August 24, 2022 11:33 AM NST
I got the message at the top of this post and no matter what I did, going to new pages, etc, kept getting it. The ticket I sent was way early for TNT staff to see so it can't have been them. I went on Reddit, saw the cookie suggestion, did it, was able to log in.
dave - JN Staff, August 24, 2022 11:43 AM NST
@jaydeed: Very peculiar! It doesn't make sense, but I'm glad it worked!
shandaman777, August 24, 2022 12:01 PM NST
I got a message saying I was banned while I was refreshing in a shop, but then I was able to go back to the homepage with no problem right after?…
trisangum, August 24, 2022 12:03 PM NST
Bro just imagine getting banned when you are trying to get Lever of doom Avatar kek
premium17, August 24, 2022 12:08 PM NST
Got the captchas yesterday refreshing the coconut shy link, have avoided doing anything else that requires refreshing till this gets sorted.
annieatomicx, August 24, 2022 12:11 PM NST
I got a captcha last night for the first time. Didn't get banned but think if I see another one, I will take a break to not risk getting banned.
hockeycabbage, August 24, 2022 12:33 PM NST
I got captcha'd a few times yesterday, but haven't been since. I've heard whisperings that it's been toned back down? Any confirmation on that?
topaz644, August 24, 2022 12:38 PM NST
I had no trouble yesterday but when I went to sign in today I get the banned message, in other words I wasn't even on Neo doing any thing, I just clicked to go to the login screen. I sent a ticket via the address on the banned notice.
kaela__mae_, August 24, 2022 12:40 PM NST
i was blocked this morning - super inconvenient -t his is what i do on my down time at work - and go figure. there was an overabundance of it today
i did submit a ticket but haven't heard back - i am not expecting to hear back quickly since that seems to be how it goes.
ladyofthevoid, August 24, 2022 12:53 PM NST
I was blocked last night. Send a ticket.
So tired of this.
dave - JN Staff, August 24, 2022 1:13 PM NST
Looks like support tickets will be required for those who are still blocked--very annoying to see them do that instead of just resetting everything as they fine tune the settings.
jagaleigh, August 24, 2022 2:02 PM NST
They need to get their...erm...they need to get IT together. I still can't get into ANY side acct, and now they're gonna play this game? *smh*
mioyonikiru, August 24, 2022 2:37 PM NST
They just blocked me, I was trying to go back due to my mistake while trying to complete the altar plot, I already sent a ticket :'(
fatfurball, August 24, 2022 2:44 PM NST
I was getting a few captchas last night just doing my regular dailies, but I filled them out and was fine. I didn't know I'd get legit banned for not filling them out, that's spooky.
purplebin, August 24, 2022 2:52 PM NST
I've only been getting captchas when looking at user lookups, so now I will dial that back a bit for now.
lasergu, August 24, 2022 3:26 PM NST
Neopets and bafflingly incompetent captcha systems... name a more iconic pair
ofthcstars, August 24, 2022 4:40 PM NST
Ran into a captcha while refreshing at the money tree, yesterday... Haven't been banned yet, but I'm a little apprehensive of refreshing at the tree now...
idlegoth, August 24, 2022 4:40 PM NST
I have seen a lot of people say they have been banned at the symole hole
roshchodesh, August 24, 2022 4:56 PM NST

I can see my ticket, submitted the beginning of August, which has not been answered yet, just getting lost under the latest slew of tickets, all of which were caused by-

ya know what? nevermind
mistermonster, August 24, 2022 5:27 PM NST
I haven't even been able to get back into my main account from the last Neopets debacle and now this?
cloudnine, August 24, 2022 5:31 PM NST
I got several captchas yesterday(at least 4). I was pricing in my shop on one tab and looking things up in SSW in another tab. Went AFK for a bit, came back and when I moved my mouse, BLOCKED.
I did send a support ticket. I was using a browser with built-in VPN(Opera-GX). I didn't try clearing cookies yet. Instead, I opened a different browser(Chrome) and logged in with no issues-so far.
I've also not received any captchas since, but perhaps those have been halted for now?
thecrazyoo, August 24, 2022 5:35 PM NST
Incompetence strikes again, I see
eunoia, August 24, 2022 5:41 PM NST
I was blocked last night when I refreshed a tab with the Magma Pool after several minutes. I had a couple of other tabs open to the site. I sent a ticket this morning and got confirmation of its receipt but have not heard from support. Clearing cookies did not clear the block or restore neopets.com and only served to log me out of every website, such as this one. What a pain. Honestly, I just won CS and was feeling great and this has made me wonder if I should (somehow?) cancel premium and go on indefinite hiatus. Just having a day away with no dailies, no collecting interest, no neoboards, no Food Club, no hunts for items makes me understand why people quit. This doesn't happen on any other website that I visit.
spongebubbles, August 24, 2022 5:51 PM NST
I got a captcha while playing Neoquest, but just typed in the numbers/letters and then was fine.
jeaninepk, August 24, 2022 5:59 PM NST
Just got blocked. It wouldn't let me type in the letters in the captcha and then blocked me when I refreshed, Ticket sent, but they need to fix this Now. My 100k is due tomorrow with Trudy and I'm sick of this incompetence.
kiriska, August 24, 2022 6:30 PM NST
Just another chapter in the long saga of Neopets creating undue hassle for its understandably frustrated and shrinking legitimate playerbase while affecting the bad actors basically not at all. :V
hotarukaiba, August 24, 2022 7:00 PM NST
I got blocked this morning while doing my dailies with no captcha just the block. I was a bit panicked since I had no clue what was going on but I saw someone had mentioned something in the birthday post so I figured it might have been site wide and calmed down. I just kept checking Jellyneo for news while at work.
eunoia, August 24, 2022 7:06 PM NST
So, since it's an IP block, I turned off the wi-fi on my phone and was able to log on the the site that way but I prefer to play on a laptop so this is not a longterm solution. A VPN or logging in from another IP should work as a temporary rig for those who need to get on for whatever reason. I wanted to cancel a trade offer but was too late, lol.
cabbil_bane, August 24, 2022 7:58 PM NST
Got a captcha when I was restocking my shop - first message I got was "you are blocked" but I as had multiple windows open I closed the "blocked" window first and then the captcha popped up on the next one I had open (my shop) when I refreshed that page. Did as it asked and all was well - gave me a fright though!
rosi, August 24, 2022 8:49 PM NST
Thank you for the heads-up, Jellyneo. I only opened one tab at a time, waited a bit between dailies and avoided refreshing.

I hope this mess gets sorted soon
dar12806, August 24, 2022 9:19 PM NST
i would say careful how you treat us. we may find other things to replace neopets that may be more to our liking. Get your act together. you have many fans. i am hoping this gets fixed asap
roshchodesh, August 24, 2022 10:40 PM NST
If only we had the neopets tarot deck! We would have known this was going to happen.
shandaman777, August 24, 2022 10:45 PM NST
@roshchodesh
jace999608, August 24, 2022 11:22 PM NST
Got banned after grabbing a bunch of junk items off the money tree, no captchas or anything. Luckily it's IP-based, so I just hotspotted off my phone to complete my dailies lmao.
apophis324, August 25, 2022 12:15 AM NST
I don't get it. Is this really their way of improving security? With Captchas and blocks? That doesn't sound convenient, fair OR secure. Especially if clearing your cookies gets you around the block.

Is it common for websites like Neopets to be secured in this way? I spend a lot of time on the internet but never have I encountered security measures like these before. Is that strange?
recklesse, August 25, 2022 12:42 AM NST
I'm not aware of any other site with security features that are /this/ intrusive or inefficient (mistakenly blocking significant numbers of legitimate players).

Marapets has recaptchas (typing in a small string of numbers) at random intervals when buying from shops or completing quests, but none of the StackPath nonsense.

Maybe TNT are trying to find a way to push every single player through the Support system to be vetted. People who weren't caught by the password reset may be hit by this IP ban. Goodness knows what they'll come up with to hammer the rest of us.
emocarrot, August 25, 2022 12:48 AM NST
i'm pretty sure what blocked me was spamming refresh on the flash-free coconut shy link. in the middle of holding control+r for a few seconds it asked me to enter a captcha. after that, the site was fine, but a few hours later, i was banned on all devices/browsers. it took a full day, but i have access again
dzufiasta, August 25, 2022 1:18 AM NST
I didn't get banned nor got any captchas, but silly thing keeps happening to me. Sometimes I just cannot click some things on the site, or fill blanks (like for instance when buying on stock market). And so it forces me to... refresh... Now I'm scared that I got banned because of that...
dzufiasta, August 25, 2022 1:19 AM NST
*I will get banned
floop695, August 25, 2022 1:42 AM NST
I was IP-blocked after opening 24 tabs from the JN Shop Directory (normal behaviour albeit a few more tabs than usual)

Capcha showed up from tab 5ish onwards - which i did not see because I was scroll-clicking to open in a new tab.

All tabs had an identical, 3 digit capcha that was incredibly solvable for most bots anyway. But I was not able to solve the capcha as I had already been blocked.

Attempts to solve the capcha just lead back to the blocked page.

No cookies/cache clearing etc made a difference.

Accessed neo via VPN and submitted ticket
neopony, August 25, 2022 4:45 AM NST
I leave Neo on in one tab while I do other things on another screen. I noticed if I was 'gone' from Neo for too long I would have the Captcha when I 'came back'. Today I might try to see what amount of time actually triggers it.
roshchodesh, August 25, 2022 5:47 AM NST
Is there an avatar for this?
roshchodesh, August 25, 2022 5:54 AM NST
debgil, August 25, 2022 7:39 AM NST
I think they may be on to something. If they ban or block everyone, neopets will finally be a 100% safe place to play.
-----
THIS! LOL
prosyntax, August 25, 2022 8:12 AM NST
I had opened all my daily tabs from Jellyneo as usual and got banned yesterday. I submitted a ticket and got a reply pretty quickly and now I'm able to access the site again.
berlow, August 25, 2022 10:19 AM NST
i'm just now realizing that other people have way different captchas than me! I always get the ones where I have to click every square that has X image, often two or three of those in a row. Never a typing kind. I wonder why that is?
recklesse, August 25, 2022 12:03 PM NST
@berlow, the typing ones are new (as of yesterday?). It’s some ‘extra’ security supposedly, but seems to be catching too many legitimate players. I haven’t seen the new ones yet, but I barely play any more.
twistedlittledreamer, August 25, 2022 12:30 PM NST
fun, fun, while the extra security is nice, I'm always scared of getting banned as I have roommates and we all use the same computer-different e-mails on our accounts
twistedlittledreamer, August 25, 2022 12:37 PM NST
*edit *or I should actually say one computer that's connected to the internet for personal use, I know unusual in this day and age, lol, but the other computers in the house are mostly for work computers and the other one is an old windows xp computer that's mostly for offline gaming
pacneo34, August 25, 2022 12:49 PM NST
Rico answer to my ticket:

Thank you for writing in.
We will look into this!
We appreciate if you could provide us with the Reference ID and please know that we are working on updating our security so you might experience some wackiness at this time.
We're adjusting as needed but any "block" you may see is not permanent.
Thank you!

Rico S.
itsbeen20yearsdaddy, August 25, 2022 12:53 PM NST
I got banned by StackPath! Had to use NordVPN until they unblocked me
itsbeen20yearsdaddy, August 25, 2022 12:55 PM NST
Also, failing CAPTCHA triggers the ban
tobio, August 25, 2022 1:59 PM NST
Just tried signing in is all I did {BLOCKED}

As a premium member, paying for this kind of treatment on a site I pay for is just a business trying to go bankrupt. AS you can see now that i can't sign in I'm losing 100,000 points from Trudy, losing points cause i can't play games cause some genius FLIPPED THE SWITCH ON FLASH SO YOU CAN'T SEND SCORES even when most of us found a work around on the flash in the glitch. You people have tried to go out of business for years with bad management decisions and it never stops. You would think playing a neo song "Let's go out of Business" for 22 years would hit number one on the music charts because it's the same old band members pulling the same old strings.
miss_colly, August 25, 2022 3:08 PM NST
Banned last night, tried again tonight and was able to log in, refreshed a game page and blocked again, with a new reference so its a new block. I've spent over 20 years playing neopets but I'm really getting close to leaving for good. The nostalgia just isn't enough to keep me plating anymore.
miss_colly, August 25, 2022 3:11 PM NST
Also want to add I haven't even had any CAPTCHA's
burntcookies, August 25, 2022 3:59 PM NST
I had a CAPTCHA refreshing at the money tree but it went through and I was able to continue playing.
galux1616, August 25, 2022 4:00 PM NST
I got a Sorry You Have Been Blocked message (I think this is a bit different than a ban though) today when I was doing kitchen quests. So I was copy-pasting item names into the search bars to check the Neopia stores first and if in stock, buying, if not, copy-pasting into Super Shop Wiz to purchase. I do end up with a lot of opened tabs when I'm doing KQ and usually close them all after I'm done.
sasquatch253, August 25, 2022 6:49 PM NST
This is literally the last straw for me. I am done with this site. I refuse to jump through any more hoops for this failed mess. They have lost a 20 year player!!
ummy - JN Staff, August 25, 2022 7:24 PM NST
^Since so many people are getting blocked, they will certainly fix this back to the way it was. I wouldn't give up for good yet.
melissap, August 25, 2022 7:58 PM NST
Fairly recent returning player here. I was working on old avatars tonight, and had just switched my active pet to earn one. I clicked a link on next one on the JN list of avatars I needed, and I got the blocked screen. If anyone is brave enough to check it out, it was an old charity corner event. I wasn't back playing then, and I wanted to check out what it was all about. Sigh.
absolutejudith, August 25, 2022 8:22 PM NST
Blocked. How stupid are these people. To have a core group willing to spend 20 years with them, spend money with them and to piss us off!!!
I did get a canned response from Rico. At least this is encouraging.
tobio, August 25, 2022 8:57 PM NST
It's a ip address block cause my wife is blocked, my quick fix around the block till neo officially unblocks me was on me McAfee Total protection I turned on my VPN.

What is a VPN and why do I want it?
VPN stands for virtual private network. In basic terms, a VPN provides an encrypted server and hides your IP address from corporations, government agencies and would-be hackers. A VPN protects your identity even if you are using public or shared Wi-Fi, and your data will be kept private from any prying internet eyes.

This works for me !!!
twistedlittledreamer, August 26, 2022 4:41 AM NST
I wonder if ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew might work temporarily, we have a VPN too, and knock on wood, it hasn't happened to any of my roommates and I yet, but myself personally, I'm only doing a few of my dailies and that's it
alessia, August 26, 2022 6:15 AM NST
I don't know if people who have been blocked refreshing pages were using the refresh button from the browser or where clicking on the "Refresh" button on Neopets. I'm using one tab at a time and always clicking on the neopets refresh button (for example in the money tree page) and never go back to any page with browser arrow and till now I'm still playing.... *fingers crossed*
alessia, August 26, 2022 6:17 AM NST
obviously not using the F5 shortcut too...
msstarshine2003, August 26, 2022 6:39 AM NST
I was banned at the dump just before going to choose an allegience. I missed Tarla 100k two months in a row due to this type of ban. Also have now added missing my Battle Dome boon this round. Neopets has NOT given me anything to replace what I have potenially lost. I am so disgusted.
msstarshine2003, August 26, 2022 6:40 AM NST
Blocked not banned. Sorry
topaz644, August 26, 2022 6:44 AM NST
Day 3 and I've not heard any thing from support.
They owe me a new FQ cookie at the very least.

saudor, August 26, 2022 7:56 AM NST
People who get banned, chances are you can get unbanned by unplugging/plugging your modem from your internet service provider.

Or using your mobile network connection. (for purposes of Trudy, etc)
karametra, August 26, 2022 10:02 AM NST
I enabled a proxy add on for chrome called hide.me and it fixed and when i turned it off it was working still
absolutejudith, August 26, 2022 10:53 AM NST
Still blocked. Got a canned response to my ticket from Rico. I wrote again today. Ranted a little. It is Friday. If they do nothing today we can all rot until at least Monday. Shame on them...................
dave - JN Staff, August 26, 2022 10:54 AM NST
As a note for those using VPNs--make sure you're choosing a VPN provider that you either already know and trust, *or* is being recommended by a trusted friend.

VPNs can be nefarious spyware if you're not careful in choosing one. A VPN essentially sees *all* of your internet traffic.

JN currently does not have any specific recommendations for VPN providers.
mossflower, August 26, 2022 1:01 PM NST
I've gotten blocked twice. Both times I was refreshing for avatars. The ip ban was lifted the next day both times
dar12806, August 26, 2022 1:27 PM NST
so had 2 tabs open, battledome and solitaire, got a capcha that wouldnt work. got banned. made a support ticket immediately and it took 2 days but now i m unbanned.
pacneo34, August 26, 2022 4:11 PM NST
They told me in my ticket they're working on this, but 3 days later i'm still blocked…

Worst if all, tomorrow is Saturday and they might not fix it till Monday… :/
anunsureneopian, August 26, 2022 7:00 PM NST
So, I just came back to my old neopets account after +9 years not login in and this is what I find. The leaks, the AC stuff, the NFTs... everything.
And now I'm blocked. And I'm not even sure why!

Sorry for the rant, but it's painful to find my favourite childhood game like this . Hugs to everyone who is also dealing all of this.
sasquatch253, August 26, 2022 7:12 PM NST
I have been banned since early Thursday morning. All I was doing was trying to do my dailies and spin Trudy's surprise. As an almost 20 year player, this might be the last straw. I am about fed up with this rinky dink site. NFTs almost did it, but I think this is it.
ichabodisitchy, August 26, 2022 10:03 PM NST
This is dumb. I haven't been banned yet but don't really want to be on the site for fear of being banned. It's not like neopets is great about answering support tickets. And with all these people having this issue, even if they WERE good about answering tickets, it still would likely take a long time for them to see your ticket. The fact that they are terribly slow already combined with the amount of people being banned sounds like people are going to be waiting ages for their ticket to be answered. I feel for you all.
absolutejudith, August 27, 2022 7:02 AM NST
Saturday morning and still blocked!!! No word from TNT
roshchodesh, August 27, 2022 7:55 AM NST
If we get banned, submit a ticket,, they un-ban us- does that mean
*we won't be banned again*?
1jediboy, August 27, 2022 1:26 PM NST
I was going through my history and checking old Neoboard pages that I was on to see what didn't exist anymore.

What didn't exist, I would delete from my history.

I JUST got blocked.

How long does the blocking last?
chesampson, August 27, 2022 1:33 PM NST
I'm surprised this has been going on for a few days, I just got banned, I think from opening my 46 tabs of dailies, *bot behaviour whatever*, but I've done that every day for quite a while and it hasn't triggered for me until now? Odd.
1jediboy, August 27, 2022 1:40 PM NST
Also, my current banning was the second one to happen to me.
anunsureneopian, August 27, 2022 2:15 PM NST
@1jediboy I also got blocked by surfing the Neoboards.
I had two tabs opened in total and I was opening one of the last threads when suddenly just bang!, that's it.
1jediboy, August 27, 2022 2:32 PM NST
I opened 30 tabs at once. At least my blocking made more sense.
Your blocking sounds completely unreasonable!

I’m so sorry that this happened to you. I hope you get access again soon! 😔
dave - JN Staff, August 27, 2022 3:18 PM NST
@1jediboy: The block lasts until TNT unblocks you manually or you get a new IP address for your device.

We don't have any reason to believe TNT support has been processing tickets asking to be unblocked yet, since most of their replies keep saying "it'll go away eventually". We're assuming that for those who have been unblocked, they got lucky with a dynamically changing IP from their ISP.

Another quick fix would be to hotspot your computer from your phone using cellular data if you have that option available.
1jediboy, August 27, 2022 4:39 PM NST
🤦‍♂️

So making a ticket is not a guarantee that it’ll be fixed, and me being paranoid like if I try to work around the block then I’ll feel like I’m cheating, all I can do is wait an undetermined amount of time to be allowed back in…

I’m one of the people who are literally going to never leave, so why do people like us have to suffer for their loyalty? 😔
1jediboy, August 27, 2022 4:39 PM NST
Thank you for the information, Dave.
yekith, August 27, 2022 6:05 PM NST
Was blocked this morning when I'd already done almost all my dailies and therefore had only 2 tabs open. Was playing Coconut Shy, and with Ruffle (just in case...no added script!) it sometimes gets stupid and it makes you miss no matter what. So you have to refresh the page to continue normally. It happened, I refreshed that ONE time, got the notification. *shrug*

They REALLY need to just turn that thing off.
salesius, August 27, 2022 6:26 PM NST
I was banned yesterday for opening a folder called Neopets which is in my favorites. There are about 20 dailies there and they are all open at the same time. When I was in the penultimate one, I was banned... I had to turn off my modem for 4 hours for the provider to reset my IP, so I could access my favorite site again. I had an acquaintance who was restocking. Restocking is dangerous for having to refresh the site several times
xid, August 27, 2022 6:50 PM NST
Thanks for keeping us updated. I decided to stop visiting Neo once I saw this post because I didn't want to deal with the risk or get upset. I'm getting real tired of all the problems, it's blatant incompetence and disregard for the players at this point.
yekith, August 27, 2022 8:03 PM NST
I have to try and see if turning my modem off resets my IP, cause using free VPNs is not ideal. Also, I can't use those on other sites I use, so I have to be turning ít on and off. Ugh.
randypandy, August 27, 2022 8:09 PM NST
Got blocked tonight while pound-surfing on my side. Pretty upset about it, as I have already lost access to two other accounts due to not remembering the email used and only had access to my main and one side (I had JUST found out my Magma Pool time on my side, too...). Clearing cookies did nothing.
yekith, August 27, 2022 10:19 PM NST
No, clearing cookies doesn't change your IP. If turning off your modem for a while doesn't work, you can get in through your phone internet (IF you were using wifi when you were blocked). If you don't like accessing Neopets on your phone, you can use it as modem and share internet with a laptop, for example.

The other temp solution is to use a VPN. Opera comes with one (even on mobile) so you don't have to download anything else.
randypandy, August 27, 2022 10:31 PM NST
Yeah, only tried clearing cookies since someone earlier mentioned it worked for them. I can get in through mobile using data, since I was blocked while on my desktop and wifi, but it's very awkward for me.

I haven't tried Opera before. I might give it a shot if unplugging the modem overnight doesn't work.
remurse, August 27, 2022 10:32 PM NST
Got a couple captchas over the last few days and got banned a few days ago. Saw a comment about clearing cookies and was able to get back in, but was just banned again while playing NQ. This is pretty annoying considering I pay for premium and have an active faerie quest cookie.
yekith, August 27, 2022 10:33 PM NST
And...turning off my modem for a while didn't work for me.
apophis324, August 28, 2022 12:08 AM NST
To semi-quote a popular, antagonistic artificial intelligence, prone to using neurotoxin to dubdue her one and only threat:
"They used to want us dead but now they only want us gone."

They being TNT, naturally.
recklesse, August 28, 2022 3:19 AM NST
This is ridiculous. It looks like the sort of thing that happens when you hire a management consultant (or in this case security consultant) who wants to justify their exorbitant fee by putting in a new system to look like they've done something. Only their new system makes things worse.
One of my previous workplaces suffered from similar 'improvements'.
jaydeed, August 28, 2022 4:46 AM NST
Blocked against last night. Sent ticket. Got the 'type three letters' box, cat beside me, sprawled on keyboard as ever (thanks, Peach!) and she got in the way as I typed, it sent another box, and blocked me when I completed that one.

Only consolation is that I got my 100k from Trudy yesterday.
jaydeed, August 28, 2022 5:47 AM NST
I have 200mb of browse anon from Bitdefender; turned it on, logged on, did dailies, using up half the amount, logged off. Sigh. I pay good money for this?
Clearing cookies didn't work for me this time, heh. Not sure why it did before. Feel like I'm walking on eggshells, scared of tripping an invisible wire. Mixed metaphors, I know. Neo feels so unwelcoming right now and it was home.
roshchodesh, August 28, 2022 6:48 AM NST
After almost a month, TNT help (oxymoron intended) did not unlock my side but they did lock my main saying that pw was wrong (it wasn't). I used the link TNT sent for my side to unlock my main, which shouldn't have worked (it did).

@jaydeed- egg shells and trip wire, exactly, unwelcoming absolutely, perfect description of the experience of *trying* to play neopets.
jaydeed, August 28, 2022 6:58 AM NST
I used vpn, did a game,logged out, turned private browsing off, logged in and after a captcha box, am on Neo again. Getting onto Neo is now a skill test/lottery/maze, take your pick.
msstarshine2003, August 28, 2022 7:30 AM NST
I have been blocked so many times I lost count! I am sooo sick of it. Just spent 12mil on a paintbrush and now have lost 100k from Trudy and not to mention FC bets, my shop, stocks, etc. Seventeen plus year veteran and am about to throw it all in the lake and walk away. I got back in today and am holding my breath every click. Bad on the nerves.
jaydeed, August 28, 2022 7:39 AM NST
It's so frustrating! And yes, nerve wracking. We should not have to go through this to play a game. It should be simple to access, smooth to play, efficiently run. Not a lot to ask for.
randypandy, August 28, 2022 8:31 AM NST
Checked today after doing a modem reset and it looks like I was able to access my accounts. Here's to hoping that it lasts (and I probably won't refresh that quickly ever again!).
anunsureneopian, August 28, 2022 8:44 AM NST
@1jediboy Thanks, we are all of us in this toghether

Today, after more than 24 hours waiting, I got unlocked. Maybe the system auto unlocks after some time, as I have a static IP and can't change it.
dave - JN Staff, August 28, 2022 9:34 AM NST
The number of hoops y'all are jumping through is making me sad to read.

TNT shouldn't be making it this hard to play their aging game that's already lost players from *checks notes* last month's lock out.
jaydeed, August 28, 2022 9:56 AM NST
Considering we are keeping the nostalgic source of their money-grabbing NFTs alive, you'd think they'd show some gratitude in the form of making it easy to play.
ladyofthevoid, August 28, 2022 11:40 AM NST
I been blocked since the 23rd. Can't get to neooets.com at all.
Send a ticket that day ..

Thank you Dave for reminding me that my phone is on a different provider!
yekith, August 28, 2022 11:53 AM NST
I was unblocked after a day and a half. Probably the system decides how long the punishment for doing nothing wrong lasts, lol (can't check the email I included in my ticket right now, but I doubt they answered on Sunday)
absolutejudith, August 28, 2022 1:29 PM NST
Just got unblocked. Glad to see they are working on the weekend. I had my doubts
pacneo34, August 28, 2022 2:17 PM NST
I just got unblocked.
1jediboy, August 28, 2022 2:27 PM NST
@anunsureneopian - Yes, we are!

I’m glad to hear you’re back into your account! 😄
I am too!
ladyofthevoid, August 28, 2022 2:58 PM NST
I was just unblocked as well
roshchodesh, August 28, 2022 3:13 PM NST
All this WORK just to try to get on, stay on, or get back on a broken, incomplete, site to simply PLAY.
beedeebee, August 29, 2022 6:06 AM NST
Neopets seems to be down

more on topic: Sorry about all the block-ed-ness - hope it all gets fixed soon.
contessa, August 29, 2022 6:11 AM NST
Well, at least it isn't only me, Neopets just seems to have gone. None of the pages open, I merely get a blank page, no site verification, nothing
topaz644, August 29, 2022 6:14 AM NST
whew. Hate to see ANOTHER problem but I'm glad I checked here before I started messing with things. I just got un-blocked last night.
cay, August 29, 2022 6:16 AM NST
Neo's down for me too!
contessa, August 29, 2022 6:18 AM NST
Yes, topaz644 I don't know what I would do if Jellyneo wasn't here. It helps keep me sane. A little bit anyway
recklesse, August 29, 2022 6:19 AM NST
It's down for everyone; but for some reason the NC Mall still works.
cay, August 29, 2022 6:20 AM NST
For those who got their accounts back - congratulations! lol that's funny about the NC Mall section still working.
lm808, August 29, 2022 6:23 AM NST
The site is down.. TNT and the whole site.. is just beyond usless sometimes with all the issues recently
beedeebee, August 29, 2022 6:23 AM NST
omg the NC Mall

I did have this "...what if this is it?" feeling when I saw the message no webpage is available for this address. I guess we can always buy up those lingering Keyquest tokens to console ourselves???
premium17, August 29, 2022 6:24 AM NST
Same here, every page I try to open is just blank. Was thinking I was blocked.
sherlawk, August 29, 2022 6:25 AM NST
Same here, blank pages!
fluffymcgerbilpants, August 29, 2022 6:25 AM NST
In b4 people complain about the NC Mall still being up.
dragons_dusk, August 29, 2022 6:32 AM NST
This is so disheartening, they do not care about the site. They're going to get their NFTs then say the site can't be maintained, like how many other NFT rug pulls?
trisangum, August 29, 2022 6:33 AM NST
Neo down :C
cay, August 29, 2022 6:34 AM NST
The NFT side of Neo is up (meta) e.e; but our beloved main side isn't. Wonder what happened - Meepits must've accidently chewed the wires again or unannounced maintenance? We really need to give those Meepits something better to chew on! I'm not keen on Meta either!
recklesse, August 29, 2022 6:35 AM NST
Maybe....

Intern pressed the wrong button trying to rezone a few hats and the whole site broke.

Ooops.
jaydeed, August 29, 2022 6:35 AM NST
It's so weird the NC mall is up; never realized it was a separate part of the site to that extent.
absolutejudith, August 29, 2022 6:40 AM NST
Now my neopets account is nothing but a white screen. What is going on?????
shakespeareofborg, August 29, 2022 6:44 AM NST
This www.neopets.com page can’t be found
No webpage was found for the web address: http://www.neopets.com/
HTTP ERROR 404

?????
vellen_, August 29, 2022 6:45 AM NST
And now Neopets is down.
absolutejudith, August 29, 2022 6:48 AM NST
At least I am not alone in this horror
jaydeed, August 29, 2022 6:49 AM NST
I sent a game score and in the score box it said something like, can't process score, our servers are down, or something similar and then the site went away when I refreshed the page.
uv_goth, August 29, 2022 6:55 AM NST
Well I guess at least I have plenty of COH for PT to cover updates, as I cannot fire workers. Did have a panic it may be me being banned!
kyrette, August 29, 2022 6:59 AM NST
Neo is down. Why, oh why did my favorite day in Neo (Kyrii day) had to start like this? At least I hope I don't lose the upcycle day as well as my nearly-done Trufy streak...
jaydeed, August 29, 2022 7:02 AM NST
Why don't they put something up on Twitter etc about it? It takes seconds to dash off a tweet and word would filter through pretty fast. Leaving us hanging like this is awful.
kyrette, August 29, 2022 7:04 AM NST
It's... interesting how the parts of the site that give them money are still up.
cuddlesoftness, August 29, 2022 7:05 AM NST
Oh thank goodness woke up came out to my computer to try to log into neopets and was told that it doesn't exist first thought was ok must have been banned so tried using me cell hotspot but nope that didn't work either tried my side account and came up blank there as well so decided to come on here to see if there was anything said about what is going on. Thank goodness it is just not me i have come to join the club
infernodragon02, August 29, 2022 7:11 AM NST
How can this site become any more of a joke?
infernodragon02, August 29, 2022 7:11 AM NST
How can this site become any more of a joke?
vellen_, August 29, 2022 7:11 AM NST
The mall has been down before. Be happy it is separate.
nelapink, August 29, 2022 7:16 AM NST
I also wish they would just put an update anywhere, so we aren't left hanging.

The site is down, blah blah is going on, we expect the site to be back up in xx hours.

It's one sentence, shouldn't be too hard.
daddyattitude, August 29, 2022 7:24 AM NST
When I visit neopets.com, all I get is a blank screen. No captcha. No popup about a stack ????
recklesse, August 29, 2022 7:26 AM NST
It would be more like:

Site is down. We've no clue what happened. Waiting for the one programmer to get into work and check it out.
daddyattitude, August 29, 2022 7:29 AM NST
2nd comment:
Cleared cookies and cache.
Say goodbye to Trudy's Surprise with 5 days remaining.
Still get/receive a blank page for the site.
sacanth, August 29, 2022 7:42 AM NST
@infernodragon02 "hold my grog"
ladyofthevoid, August 29, 2022 7:44 AM NST
Waves
beedeebee, August 29, 2022 7:46 AM NST
thank goodness for Jellyneo - appreciate the commiseration available here

okay, this is still a thing, so that means I have to...get other stuff done? the worst
purplebin, August 29, 2022 7:47 AM NST
I need to find another way to stay busy, I'm sure it will be back up before the end of the day...
Since no one can get in, at least I'm not missing things while everyone else is there. Well, everyone who isn't still locked out.
jaydeed, August 29, 2022 7:49 AM NST
Thing is, I'm STILL getting nothing done, b/c I can't leave my computer chair. Keep refreshing, checking for news, wanting to zip on asap when it comes back and hit the shops fast ;-))
dolchay, August 29, 2022 7:52 AM NST
It's up
dolchay, August 29, 2022 7:54 AM NST
It's up
topaz644, August 29, 2022 8:28 AM NST
Great- what new horrors await us? lol
werwolf_5_6, August 29, 2022 9:02 AM NST
I could not log in to Neopets for more than 1 hour, tried different browsers and got the message:
Diese www.neopets.com-Seite wurde nicht gefunden Für folgende Webadresse wurde keine Webseite gefunden: https://www.neopets.com/login/.
HTTP ERROR 404
What means: No website found for the web-address https://www.neopets.com/login/
No message that I would be blocked. After about 1 1/2 hours it worked again.
anunsureneopian, August 29, 2022 9:34 AM NST
They tweeted about the incident about an hour ago, but no mention of the new captchas blocking people. They also selected irrelevant questions to answer on the editorial.

At this point we should sign a petition calling on TNT to be more communicative and to pay more attention to the player's concerns .
topaz644, August 29, 2022 10:15 AM NST
@anunsureneopian--that would be about the 50th petition. They don't pay attention to them. ha ha
anunsureneopian, August 29, 2022 4:02 PM NST
@topaz644 lol, neo players deserve an adward for being so patient.

They just answered my ticket concerning the capcha block; a fragment: "Thanks to the Neopians writing in and helping us with information, we've made some adjustments that should help."
So, is it fixed already? are the remaining people unlocked now?
quailbat - JN Staff, August 29, 2022 6:48 PM NST
Aaaaand blocked.
theearth, August 30, 2022 1:47 AM NST
I just got blocked.... How long does it takes to get unblocked?
topaz644, August 30, 2022 5:06 AM NST
So blocking is STILL happening? Outrageous.

Are ppl still getting captchas? I haven't seen any. I don't see the stackpath page any more either.
roshchodesh, August 30, 2022 9:06 AM NST
I hope I'm wrong, but are they fumbling and perpetuating all this chaos to push us to consider metaverse?

"August 26
Neopets, the much-beloved virtual pet game that ruled the early internet, is launching a new product called Neopets Metaverse. The new game is exactly what it sounds like — the classic Neopets experience but with the addition of cryptocurrency and NFTs."

Coincidence? We think not.
topaz644, August 30, 2022 10:04 AM NST
@roshchodesh--why would I trade in all this free chaos and ineptitude for exorbitantly priced chaos and ineptitude? lol
fennox, August 30, 2022 4:56 PM NST
Trying to create a ticket:

There was an error processing your request. Please try again later.
roshchodesh, August 30, 2022 9:39 PM NST
@ topaz644- "why would I trade in all this free chaos and ineptitude for exorbitantly priced chaos and ineptitude? lol"

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
roshchodesh, September 1, 2022 6:36 AM NST
Jimbo's idea of running a successful business and serving the customer
is getting people to buy timeshare in the Everglades swamp or selling ice cubes to Inuits. Especially when he's run out of snake oil.
premium17, September 1, 2022 11:15 AM NST
Have not seen any stackpath pages in the last 3 days
anunsureneopian, September 1, 2022 1:24 PM NST
^Same
galux1616, September 5, 2022 7:21 AM NST
I keep getting blocked doing kitchen quests. SIGH. As of Sept 5th, this is still happening to me.
colourxpalette, September 6, 2022 7:30 PM NST
got banned today doing dailies still banned
quailbat - JN Staff, September 7, 2022 5:17 PM NST
Blocked AGAIN today. Both times I've been blocked now DID NOT see any captchas.
This is ridiculous and I am pissed. Want to use all the profanities right now...
whimsy_witch, September 10, 2022 12:26 PM NST
I got blocked yesterday I was going to login and suddenly i got the pop up Sorry, you have been blocked! I made 2 tickets but still no reply, i really hope this issue will be solved today. I tried to login on my laptop, on my phone using mobile data, on a different location but still no luck, ugh i really hate this!
whimsy_witch, September 11, 2022 5:16 AM NST
i'm still waiting and no one has replied to my ticket yet, it's been 2 days. Can someone tell me how long you had to wait before someone responded to your ticket and could login again?
whimsy_witch, September 12, 2022 2:21 PM NST
Uuuuuuggghhhh it's been 4 fricking days and I still can't login!!! No one replies to my tickets ( I made 3 now) what's taking them so long? I've missed my friends on neo and I missed my pets too what if no one ever replies to my tickets??? This is so stressful
whimsy_witch, September 14, 2022 4:38 AM NST
Why hasn't anyone responded to my tickets yeeeeet? Not knowing how much longer I have to wait drives me insane
whimsy_witch, September 14, 2022 12:53 PM NST
OMGGGG AAAAA GUYS I DOWNLOADED PUFFIN BROWSER ON MY PHONE AND CAN LOGIN AGAIN AAAAAAA SO HAPPYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
whimsy_witch, September 14, 2022 1:21 PM NST
DOWNLOAD PUFFIN BROWSER ON MOBILE IF YOUR TICKET HASNT BEEN ANSWERED YET AND IF CLEARING COOKIES DIDNT WORK!
whimsy_witch, September 18, 2022 6:44 AM NST
by the way, i realized that Puffin browser unfortunately lets you play for free like 40 minutes once a day... Also someone replied to my ticket after waiting 7 days and they said sorry and stuff... im still waitig for someone to say that this issue is resolved for me
jomarcenter, September 22, 2022 7:54 AM NST
Why StackPath? cloudflare is pretty much better than StackPath and can actually do its job than that.
flarebaroshi, September 27, 2022 7:28 PM NST
Hey folks, do we know if this is still an issue? I want to play games like Pyramids, but I don't want to be banned. Any updates at this time? Thanks!