Vonroo alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Help us model your pets!

Zelda
Meerca Day Roundup
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on August 18, 2022, 1:09 pm NST

In honour of Meerca Day today, Meerca fans can now paint their pets this pet-toy-inspired colour:

Toy

Or you can dress up as a negg for maximum coolness:

pikachu315111, August 18, 2022 1:17 PM NST
For anyone wondering, the Toy Meerca is based on a toy called a "Weazel Ball": https://www.amazon.com/D-Y-TOY-Weazel-Ball-Weasel/dp/B000PKFJKG
purplebin, August 18, 2022 1:20 PM NST
They did do a good job of picking the right toy for the Meerca, it just isn't very appealing. I think it just looks odd with so much face! So why did I paint my Meerca? Just for the headpiece?
The outfit is very cute! I have been disappointed in Meerca outfits for a while.
fatfurball, August 18, 2022 1:27 PM NST
it's so creative, I absolutely love it! would I paint one myself? ... no, lol
herdy - JN Staff, August 18, 2022 1:57 PM NST
Just awful.
thecrazyoo, August 18, 2022 2:28 PM NST
OMG this toy meerca... It's so ugly but so nostalgic for me, I had one of these when I was a kid and I absolutely loved this toy.
...Why did it have to look this bad? LOL
romy, August 18, 2022 3:23 PM NST
excellent concept! It was a great idea to apply the toy that @Pikachu mentioned, in a meerca. I applaud this creativity. however, it looks awful
I like it? a little yes, but not enough to have it.
salem_822, August 18, 2022 3:40 PM NST
I love the idea, but gee is it ever ugly in execution.
purplebin, August 18, 2022 4:13 PM NST
Ugh, after already wishing for them a few times, I just noticed that the shoes are misnamed Cool Negg Meera Shoes
purplebin, August 18, 2022 4:16 PM NST
It's no wonder I didn't see them when doing a search for the new items.
roshchodesh, August 18, 2022 4:24 PM NST
Yeah, my cat had that toy.
roshchodesh, August 18, 2022 4:35 PM NST
Weasel hats are *always* cool
butterflyvj, August 18, 2022 4:42 PM NST
I don't care for the bright orange, but I absolutely LOVE the weasel ball design. It's so perfect for the Meerca.
dave - JN Staff, August 18, 2022 7:37 PM NST
I love the Toy pets where they base it off of something real... but yeesh who wants this Meerca in practice? xD The fuzzy tail being removable is the best part, probably. Then you can paint your Meerca something better.
contessa, August 18, 2022 8:07 PM NST
Really??
inkpot, August 18, 2022 11:03 PM NST
Ah yes, just what every meerca owner has dreamed of. A silly negg costume and a weasel toy toy paint. Sometimes listening to user suggestions just isn’t the way to go. Disappointing pet day.
apophis324, August 19, 2022 12:44 AM NST
Just because it's a reference doesn't make it good. Just because it's a good reference doesn't mean they did it justice. It's the same as the abomination that is the Toy Vandagyre. I'm getting tired of real-world references in my online escape.

What is next? A Trump outfit for a Kyrii? A new split colour that is blue and yellow? An origami Koi that is just a rainbow flag?

Just because it's a good reference doesn't make it good. (This, of course, is my opinion. Everyone else is free to feel however they wish to feel about both this design and my opinion )
apophis324, August 19, 2022 12:45 AM NST
Oh the outfit is cute, I do like that one. Maybe some more teeth and it can be that angry Negg too
biediep, August 19, 2022 12:46 AM NST
I.... I almost kind of want a Meerca now. Almost XD
roshchodesh, August 19, 2022 6:17 AM NST
Ooh...real world references. I remember being (mock) horrified when the wrestlers toy came out
herdy - JN Staff, August 19, 2022 7:40 AM NST
@inkpot: Sadly this isn’t them listening to user suggestions — people asked for transparent.
insane000illusions, August 19, 2022 12:32 PM NST
What in heck lol
roshchodesh, August 19, 2022 1:14 PM NST
hmmm weasel needs a brush, little raggedy.
cat, August 19, 2022 5:06 PM NST
I kinda love the weasel and hate the base color.
serpentshrine, August 19, 2022 6:19 PM NST
It reminds me of a wacky dog toy. You know the kind: crazy colors, kinda nonsensical design

I love it! Really feels like a toy!
pikachu315111, August 19, 2022 9:02 PM NST
Haven't posted my actual opinion:

* So, you ever heard the phrase "be careful what you wish for"? Well, I wished for more Toy Neopets based on toys than just plastic figurines... and that's what I got. However it seems like me and TNT aren't exactly thinking the same kind of toy.
* On one hand I give them points for creativity. Certainly an out-of-the-box pick which can be fun. Meerca in particular I can see them having a hard time thinking what to do. I'm trying to think now and I'm also a bit stumped. Maybe a yo-yo with a thick, ribbon string? Actually I'd be okay with the Meerca having been a plastic figurine, could have then done something fun with the tail.
* Which leads us to what they actually did. I think the problem is they stuck TOO close to the actual toy in this case. The Meerca body colors are just garish, and the "weasel" looks out-of-place. Was up to me and it was decided to do this toy, I would have based the Meerca's body on the "Red Bouncy Ball" as it's an iconic Neopets toy item, the yellow star being where the Meerca's face would be. For the "weasel", I would have based it on a Petpet and I think the best choice would have been the Dandan (unless they wanted to be cute and use the Babyca).
inkpot, August 19, 2022 10:33 PM NST
@herdy: ah, my bad then. I know for sure ppl have asked for a weasel toy lutari. So I thought maybe ppl had suggested the same for meerca when their lutari hadn't come to fruition.
1jediboy, August 20, 2022 2:04 AM NST
~Colorful is where you can find the original weasel toy Lutari.
nobody, August 20, 2022 11:35 AM NST
Guttercrustpunk.
roshchodesh, August 20, 2022 12:38 PM NST
@nobody -
nobody, August 20, 2022 12:48 PM NST
I showed my little brother and he said this is why neopets is dying. Guess he doesn't dig the crust.