Snowager alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Help us model your pets!

Special Alert:
Don't forget! The Chef Bonju avatar is only available until August 31st! You only have a couple weeks left to get it. For the solution, click here. [Close Alerts]
Neopets Responds to Site Breach
  • Posted on August 1, 2022, 3:37 pm NST

UPDATE, 5:30 PM NST: Forced password updates have returned. If you haven't reset your password today, you'll be forced to do so before logging in.

Note that MANY Neopians are having issues with password resets (there's numerous problems with the Neopets authentication system). If you're one of them, it's okay! Don't panic too much. We recommend (a) trying again in an hour or so, and if that doesn't work, (b) filing a ticket with Neopets Support. They've been quite responsive in recent months, so it's very likely you'll get a timely response.

If you are able to get through the password reset process, see our red WARNINGS below, as there are many restrictions on what you can use for your password. If you don't heed these warnings, you'll be locked out of your account.

UPDATE, 4:00 PM NST: Forced password updates have been paused. No official announcement by TNT yet, so it's unknown why they paused the forced resets, or if they'll bring them back. If you haven't visited Neopets yet today, you won't need to reset your password to get in. If you already tried resetting (and ran into issues), give your old password a shot.

In response to the recent site breach, all accounts were logged out of Neopets.com earlier this afternoon and all passwords were invalidated by TNT.

To gain access to your account again, you'll need to go through the password reset process, available at: https://www.neopets.com/account/passwordreset.phtml

As you'd expect, the reset process involves an email being sent to your account's associated email address with a special link to click. Upon clicking the link, you'll be asked to set a new password.

WARNING: Neopets passwords are limited to 20 characters. If you set a password longer than 20 characters, you'll become locked out of your account as the coding can't handle more than 20.

WARNING: The password reset box will also ask you to type in your username. Do NOT use any capital letters in your username, as the username field is case sensitive and any capital letters will fail the reset.

WARNING: You may want to use special characters in your password—don't. We've seen issue after issue with users who decide to use special characters in their passwords. In fact, TNT support is on record as saying that these characters should not be used and cause issues: & # @

(TNT, please see above for low hanging fruit to "enhance security protocols" around Neopets—you should have a bug-free and functioning password reset function.)

The password change form will also nag you about having at least 2 numbers in your password—even if you have 2 or more numbers in the new password. Ignore that, it'll let you submit anyway even if it doesn't recognize all your numbers.

We've seen a few reports of users being locked out of their account after resetting their passwords, and being asked to reset their password again. TNT is aware of this, but we at Jellyneo would recommend that you file a ticket with support if you can't get into your account within the next 24 hours. Password resets should reset periodically, so you may be able to try again shortly.

A statement about the breach was also posted on Twitter:

Neopians:

We wanted to take a moment to provide you with an update since our update on July 20th.

As we previously communicated, Neopets was alerted on July 20th to activity indicating unauthorized access by a third party to portions of our IT systems. Upon investigation, we took immediate steps to shut down further access to the affected systems and we have not seen any unauthorized activity since that time.

We reported the event to law enforcement, and began working with external cybersecurity experts to investigate the event and determine what happened and what data was impacted. As a matter of course, we do not collect or store payment information and do not have evidence that it was impacted. Once the investigation has concluded, we will share additional information, as appropriate.

Our team is working around the clock, deploying additional safeguards onto our systems, including enhancing monitoring of our systems, reinforcing our security practices, and actively reviewing systems to enhance security controls and all security protocols. As a reminder, neither Neopets or its employees will ever ask for your login information. As a precaution, we are taking steps to protect users’ accounts, so when you next visit Neopets, you will be prompted to change your password. We are also currently working on adding multi-factor authentication to better safeguard your account access.

We appreciate your understanding and patience during this event and are committed to supporting the Neopets community. We invite you to reach out to us through our normal support channels with any questions or concerns you might have regarding this incident or the security of your account.

One important aspect of the statement above is the confirmation that payment information (for Neocash or Premium subscriptions) was not included in the breach.

premium17, August 1, 2022 3:42 PM NST
Thanks for posting the reset link. What are the rules for new passwords ? Also glad they mentioned working on 2 factor verification.
penelopes_world, August 1, 2022 3:43 PM NST
The Neopets Password resetting is NOT WORKING. I've been trying periodically over the last hour. I'm not getting any E-Mails from TNT on either my E-Mail for my Main Account and the E-Mail account I use for my Sub Account.
m14mouse, August 1, 2022 3:48 PM NST
I am getting "OPPS! The usernmae entered was not the same one used to submit this password reset request. Please try again" And it is. I already submitted a ticket. I have a feeling it is going to be a pain to get my main and my sides. My cousin is already not pleased since she never get emails from neopets on her gmail.
invader_of_worlds, August 1, 2022 3:52 PM NST
this was a pain for my main account I am not attempting my sides yet. So annoying I hope they get the dam bugs out as two of my sides have underlines.
dave - JN Staff, August 1, 2022 3:53 PM NST
@m14mouse: Are you using any capital letters in your username? Capital letters break the process.

@penelopes_world: Are you confident you're checking the right inbox?

@premium17: You should have a password no longer than 20 characters with at least 2 numbers, and I wouldn't recommend special characters since they might lock you out.
paintingqueen, August 1, 2022 3:58 PM NST
@m14mouse: I had the same issue. It only happened on my mobile device. When I clicked the link in the reset email and did it through my laptop, it didn’t give me the error message on it being a different username than the one I requested.
m14mouse, August 1, 2022 4:03 PM NST
@ dave_JN Staff

I got it to work for my main and one of my sides but other side is no go even when I lower case my username.
m14mouse, August 1, 2022 4:04 PM NST
@ paintingqueen

I will try that on my desktop and see if it works! Thanks for the advice.
pikachu315111, August 1, 2022 4:07 PM NST
So re-posting an issue I and others are having:

If you're able to make a new password and log-in, sometimes it'll log you out a few minutes later and, when you try to put in the new password, it'll say it's wrong (and your old password is wrong as well). I don't know whether it's because the system is being slow to recognize the password or the system is glitching and deleting new passwords (thinking that you hadn't reset your password yet).

For me I'm occasionally checking to see if it's finally accepting the new password or not, I don't want to make a new password only for it to then log me out again and say its incorrect.
prismacoloured, August 1, 2022 4:08 PM NST
Anyone else having the issue when having reset the password and then suddenly when trying to log in (after being forced out again for some reason??) it then doesn't recognise the passwords anymore and wont let you log in again? It's stressing me out.
chelzies, August 1, 2022 4:12 PM NST
This would be fine if neopets email would come to AOL inboxes. 2 of my sides are on aol, which, while I get is an older provider, it doesn't make it any less good. Sigh.
pikachu315111, August 1, 2022 4:12 PM NST
@ prismacoloured:
*Points to my above post* Happening to a lot of us. Just keep hanging in there. Your account is safe, it's just that JS looks to be making some errors concerning the password system, but it should sort itself out.
windhalos, August 1, 2022 4:12 PM NST
I had to use google chrome to get the password reset email luckily it came. Being logged out like that scared me!
prismacoloured, August 1, 2022 4:15 PM NST
@pikachu315111
Thanks so much for your post! Really appreciate knowing its not just me, at least. I'll leave it till tomorrow and hope that it'll work in the morning before sending a message to support. I'm sure they are already flooded with tickets from other people freaking out about all this.
yekith, August 1, 2022 4:20 PM NST
Things I've noticed: for moments, the button to be sent the email does nothing. Know that just clicking it is not it. Click the button over and over until it takes you to another page confirming they sent the email.

Once in the form, even if you choose correct pw according to the "rules", the first time you send often does nothing, just reloads the form. If you try to use the new pw then, it won't work. Re enter it in the form (the same one, since it just didn't register it). THEN it show tell you it's done.

IMPORTANT: sometimes, when it reloads the form that first failed time, it might capitalize your username (dunno why!). Change that or it will tell you the username is not the same you asked a reset for.
yekith, August 1, 2022 4:21 PM NST
THEN it shows the page that tells you it's done*
yekith, August 1, 2022 4:27 PM NST
So far, only for the 3rd account I just did both the button to get the email AND the form worked on the first try!
much_too_young, August 1, 2022 4:28 PM NST
I have already requested 3 pw resets and I haven't received 1 email; I have checked my spam folder. And, I do receive emails from Neopets, the latest being on July 20 for Comic Con. I have tried for a pw reset on my laptop and my mobile. This is so disheartening. I haven't even bothered with my side account as I just want to be able to get back into my main since I got logged out
venusdatura, August 1, 2022 4:30 PM NST
Nope, not even old passwords work f***s sake TNT!
yekith, August 1, 2022 4:35 PM NST
@much_too_young Did you actually get the second page after clicking the button saying:
Thanks! An email has been sent to the address associated with your account. Follow the instructions to reset your password. (etc etc etc)?

I insist on this cause for my main, I kept clicking the button and it did nothing in particular, so I thought maybe just clicking it triggered the email. But no, it was supposed to load another page.
recklesse, August 1, 2022 4:38 PM NST
Why isn't the password reset link HTTPS? I tried changing it in the URL, but the save button doesn't work. Not sure if it would work if I kept the http link instead. Will try again tomorrow. Bedtime! *yawn*
much_too_young, August 1, 2022 4:39 PM NST
Nope, I was unable to use old PW. Invalid Password. Please enter the correct password to continue. They had better not reset Trudy since as soon as I logged in today I got logged out.
puffkins2000, August 1, 2022 4:40 PM NST
I changed all my passwords, and I tried editing my pets' users, and it gave ANOTHER reset password link! UGGHHHH.
much_too_young, August 1, 2022 4:42 PM NST
I received the message about the email being sent but, maybe I should keep clicking the button like you mentioned.
topnotchturnip, August 1, 2022 4:46 PM NST
so, i just got logged out of my main probably around 4:22 NST. password reset email did NOT send (didn't capitalize username). switched to my side, got logged out within minutes, password email DID resend. haven't gotten re-logged out of that account thankfully, but i'm not freaking happy about being locked out of my main account. TNT already unfairly froze me like 10 years ago, i'm not happy LOL
much_too_young, August 1, 2022 4:51 PM NST
yekith, still nothing and now I have to wait because I have had TOO many requests for PW resets Thank You for trying to help me.
contessa, August 1, 2022 4:54 PM NST
I was logged in but hadn't been on the site for an hour maybe? Anyway, it just gave me the password reset page and to go check my email. Guess I will have to do this on all of my sides too. Hope it works (the reset)
faellie_ridiculous, August 1, 2022 4:58 PM NST
Thanks for the heads up.

I have kept a Neopets diary with account info etc. for a long time, but I moved recently and don't know which box it is in. Not a priority.

I've had so many different email addresses along the way and I know I have not updated mine like I should have. I am pretty sure my main still has a defunct email listed. I'm going to have to contact support somehow. That should be fun.
yekith, August 1, 2022 4:59 PM NST
@mygirlsplusmybucky81 Sorry to hear! I didn't know that had a limit too, especially when it didn't actually send you any email!

Is the wait 24 hs like the wrong pw thing? (hopefully less)
contessa, August 1, 2022 5:00 PM NST
OK - I saw the above where you are not supposed to use special characters in pw and not to use capital letters in your username, but what about upper and lower class letters in your pw?
maxgarou, August 1, 2022 5:09 PM NST
I thought my acct was one of the unlucky ones to be hacked (or whatever happened). Changed my password, now neither the old one nor the new one are working. Can't log in to my acct.
maxgarou, August 1, 2022 5:10 PM NST
Oh, and BTW it is only happening on my main.
lasergu, August 1, 2022 5:10 PM NST
Is the issue with special characters recent? I've had special characters in my past few passwords without any sort of issue.
yekith, August 1, 2022 5:10 PM NST
I THINK it doesn't like uppercase either, but I'm not fully sure.

****
I'm seeing now the error logging in some might get right away is in some cases because the whole reset thing AND the log in page it leads you to after you're done resetting all use http (which, seriously...??? After a breach???) So if later you try to log in using your usual bookmark with https and you had your old pw saved, it will try to use that cause browsers think they're 2 different pages.
_sissiy_sis_369, August 1, 2022 5:23 PM NST
Its still forcing pw updates. I can't log into my side without changing the pw
summra, August 1, 2022 5:28 PM NST
Blah, 17:25 NST, and got the forced reset page. Tried logging in normally, bypassing the reset page, no dice.
kiriska, August 1, 2022 5:33 PM NST
You'd think they'd have a functioning password reset process when forcing everyone to reset their passwords, but of course not.

I successfully reset the password on my main and one of my sides, but was then able to log into all of my other sides without resetting the passwords. I usually use one browser for my main and a different browser for all my sides, so I'm wondering if *somehow* the reset trigger is on a per-browser basis and resetting on one of my sides meant I didn't need to on my other sides, lol.
topaz644, August 1, 2022 5:33 PM NST
What a mess.

I didn't have any trouble with the reset but I'm afraid to log out now.

What a mess.
yekith, August 1, 2022 5:51 PM NST
@kiriska It's not per browser. It lets you log in to all accounts at the first try. But if you stay on an account for a while, it eventually logs you out and forces you to reset. Logging in and out quickly, then logging in again didn't trigger it for me on any side. But I eventually got it on all of them when I stayed logged in.
dillpickles, August 1, 2022 5:56 PM NST
Sent a ticket a couple of hours ago as I never got the reset email. Haven't heard back. Guessing they're having a heap load of tickets right now.
mavegibson, August 1, 2022 6:07 PM NST
I have always used special characters in every password I've made, and Neo is no exception. I have used @, #, &, ^ and others, even in the current system, with no problems whatsoever. My current passwords for all of my accounts make use of special characters and I've been able to repeatedly logout and back in with no issues.

If people are worried I guess they can skip them, but I just want to point out that the information provided isn't accurate, at least not in my case.
terrih, August 1, 2022 6:13 PM NST
My side account is still accessible with my original PW - but the handful of trophies I had are gone (I used this account as my main for a brief time when my main was frozen.)
yekith, August 1, 2022 6:16 PM NST
@mavegibson But did you change them very recently? Cause from what other people said, it just won't accept their new PWs if they add special characters. It's not just what the rules say.
terrih, August 1, 2022 6:17 PM NST
HA - read the comment above about the reset being triggered if you stay on an account long enough; sure enough, I got the notice. Still don't know why my trophies were removed, though.
roshchodesh, August 1, 2022 6:43 PM NST
It's August 1st, not April 1st, right?
contessa, August 1, 2022 6:47 PM NST
well, at first I thought I had not gotten the reset email until I *duh* remembered that I use an older side email account for Neopets.

I reset, all lowercase, several numbers, no special characters and was able to log in, log out, close the window, open another and log in with no trouble. Hopefully, that will keep up!

This was exhausting, so I will change my sides tomorrow. They are tied to a different email. Thank goodness I have everything written down in a notebook!
contessa, August 1, 2022 6:48 PM NST
roshchodesh - "It's August 1st, not April 1st, right?"

I was thinking the same thing!!!
chrissy, August 1, 2022 6:52 PM NST
I hope i don't have to send in a ticket. The last time i tried they wanted me to give them the original email the account was created with and i don't remember that. I think it MIGHT be my old aim email but that's been disabled due to inactivity and i can't get it back. So what do we do if we can't provide them with the original email? Out of luck? Go cry in a corner.
chrissy, August 1, 2022 6:57 PM NST
Thank you JN for all of the helpful advice and information.
dreamingstar213, August 1, 2022 7:14 PM NST
really love that i'm now locked out of my main, great job TNT, just great. And I HAVE access to the email on file for my main
mortychichi, August 1, 2022 7:31 PM NST
The email address you entered does not match the email address that was entered when the account was created.

Oh wow great. Why do we have to be punished for their mistake???
cassine, August 1, 2022 9:52 PM NST
Thank you jellyneo team for doing a better job at transparency and relationship building than TNT

(And woe to my Trudy's streak . . . Today I should have hit 100k )
dr_tomoe, August 1, 2022 10:36 PM NST
So is it safe to try and get back to the site yet and attempt a PW reset, or is everything still exploding?
peppermint, August 1, 2022 10:49 PM NST
Their ticket system is beyond ridiculous. I happen to remember the original email to my account, so this doesn't effect me, but what if your problem is your don't have the original email? Then you can never send a ticket. When so many people have that problem, I can't believe they were evil enough to put that as a requirement to SUBMIT a help request.
xxsinger, August 1, 2022 11:17 PM NST
I already changed my pw on the 31st, do I still need to change it again today?
genericname29, August 1, 2022 11:42 PM NST
Can't remember what email I used to create the account so I'm stuck for now which is cool. Hoping they resolve this because this is ridiculous, a lot of us have had these account for YEARS and so of course some of our info is out of date. A heads up before they locked us out would've been nice so we could make sure everything was up to date.
apophis324, August 2, 2022 12:22 AM NST
...password reset page is not https. I question their security.
venusdatura, August 2, 2022 12:41 AM NST
Has anybody here managed to get help from a support ticket yet?
biediep, August 2, 2022 1:22 AM NST
RIP everyone who doesn't remember their email... and doesn't speak English and therefor can't contact support.
mlooshka, August 2, 2022 1:50 AM NST
What an embarrassment.
chrissy, August 2, 2022 2:01 AM NST

Exactly ^^ my thoughts too
galifan, August 2, 2022 2:03 AM NST
@biediep there are online translators for many languages, you can write in your own language, run it past the translator, and most of your message will be rendered in English. But if you don't have access to the original email account... good luck. If you have the information to help you unfreeze your account, you might still be able to get back in eventually.
ducky - JN Staff, August 2, 2022 2:27 AM NST
I think you don't need to haev access to email you used to create the account, just know what it was.

My original email is long gone as well, I could create it but I have more than enough emails to manage. I've created one just for Neo accts to be linked.

I got PW reset thingie on main and said but not when loggin in to another side in incognito.
fiore_9_45, August 2, 2022 2:39 AM NST
Thank you for the helpful updates, Jellyneo staff!
michael, August 2, 2022 3:08 AM NST
That red box of warnings is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Thanks JN <3
recklesse, August 2, 2022 3:19 AM NST
Update: I got the reset to work this morning. I did change the URL to https and it still worked, so that's good. Guess I was caught by the window where TNT shut down the resets around 4pm NST.

It's right. You don't need access to your original email (with rare exceptions). It doesn't even have to exist any more. Support just ask for the address because it's one of the few details (along with date of birth) that can't be changed by somebody accessing the account. They use it as 'proof' that you are the original creator of the account.

Seems moot, since both date of birth and original email address were included in the leaked data. Anybody who gets hold of that data will be better placed to know those details than the actual owner of the account.
spabl, August 2, 2022 6:30 AM NST
Thanks for the updates guys! Freaked out this morning when I could not log in! Still can't, hoping TNT will fix this soon!
forgottenbirthdays, August 2, 2022 7:26 AM NST
two things if you don't remember your email~

1) you don't have to fill in the original email you created the account with to submit a ticket, i put gg in and it accepted it. just your contact email needs to be an actual email address.

2) send a list of all your old emails and tell them you don't know which one you used it was too long ago
a couple years ago when i got my old main account back i could not remember which email it was created with, so when talking to lucille (support) i just gave a list of every email i could remember having. the original email was on that list so she was able to help
nacbokmagi, August 2, 2022 7:26 AM NST
Dang, some of my sides could NEVER get Neopet's emails past the confirmation ones, so I'm super screwed.

Tbf, my main hasn't received any password email either, and I'm staring to fret a lot...
darii_x3, August 2, 2022 8:55 AM NST
One of those things that TNT didn't really think through before doing it... logged out from 4/5 accounts haven't logged in into the last one yet...
dave - JN Staff, August 2, 2022 9:18 AM NST
As a note, password reset emails come from:

neopets@neopets.com

So make sure you're not doing any weird filtering, and check spam for emails from that address if you're not seeing it as a first step.
chrissy, August 2, 2022 9:23 AM NST
forgottenbirthdays - thank you! What a great idea. I'll try that next time they ask me for the original email. Now hoping i didn't use some super random old email of mine from long, long ago to make my main neo account haha *nervous twitch*
alkseeyakc, August 2, 2022 9:40 AM NST
I did the password reset thing yesterday. and today it's having me do it again! @ n @,
nobody, August 2, 2022 9:55 AM NST
Just turned off again and I'm so confused.
lokaula, August 2, 2022 10:15 AM NST
Hello fellow, frustrated Neopians! I too have been having the same kind of problems.
The link to send your password reset to your email, is NOT working. And using my old password is coming up as WRONG...
So, rather than keep trying in vain, only to get nowhere...I'll give it a week or two, what else can one do? It's all just a shame...
misssparklingstar, August 2, 2022 10:19 AM NST
Sooo I just reset all 5 of my passwords - again. But did use special characters on some; it accepted it just fine & I can log on as well. Should I change those passwords again, without the special characters, to be safe...? Or should it be fine now they're already accepted?
Jeez, what a mess At least I still can get in; I'm sorry for all the players that stress out now because they can't... I remember the anxiety when I got frozen some years ago, still nervous about that re-occurring every time I have to login again
nobody, August 2, 2022 10:26 AM NST
Okay... it didn't make me reset. It let me log in. I wrote a neomail and tried to send it and it logged me out to the login page with still no password reset page, except now my password doesn't work. I went to the password reset page and entered my username and- nothing happened. Nothing in my email inbox, either.
forgottenbirthdays, August 2, 2022 10:28 AM NST
chrissy - fingers crossed you get a female support staff lol just file a new ticket if you get stuck with rico he's the worst
chrissy, August 2, 2022 11:48 AM NST
I know right? I agree with you 100%
roshchodesh, August 2, 2022 12:28 PM NST
@terrih "Still don't know why my trophies were removed, though."

TNT, perhaps, is using them to hold the door open for the gushing PR slip and slide.

(Seriously, I hope they're back where they belong by now)
cloudnine, August 2, 2022 12:34 PM NST
I've been prompted two different times yesterday to reset all PWs. It was a challenge but the JN info below in red helped a lot. I made sure my UN wasn't changed to a Cap and I kept clicking until I got a confirm message I was sent a reset.
But what I did different was copy/paste the reset link into a different browser. I use OperaGX and built in VPN. I opened Chrome and paste/go the reset link. If you copy/paste your PW the 2nd time instead of actual typing it, it won't let you proceed. So far all of my 2nd changes are still in place but I'm thinking this will take some time. At first, I'd sent a ticket until finding this thread. If you know the birthday or email I think they will get to those tickets. Keep resetting if you have to in order to do dailies. I am only using this PC for Neopets presently. My mobile is too hard to do all of this on. Not sure if you can use a library PC to access or not but it might be easier than mobile.
roshchodesh, August 2, 2022 12:44 PM NST
@contessa
August 1st or April 1st... great minds, etc.

I agree with you, it IS exhausting.

On my neopets profiles, I am now from places I'd like to visit. Like Albania. And Italy.
dillpickles, August 2, 2022 12:45 PM NST
Has anyone that has put in a ticket actually gotten back into their account? I put in a ticket yesterday (along with tons of others), but aside from the confirmation that I have a ticket open, I'm still stuck. I know it's been only a day, but just curious if there's anyone who has actually heard back on this yet.

I've done everything I can try, but the email provider I have for my account simply does not allow the password reset emails through. It lets tickets through (and I've had responses to tickets in recent months regarding the apps, so I know they work), but not the password resets. I have NO IDEA why this is. Obviously, the minute I get my account back, I'll switch to something that DOES work, so that if they decide to pull this in the future, it's not an issue again!
roshchodesh, August 2, 2022 1:01 PM NST
@nobody and anybody
A few of the things I did that helped:
*clearing cache (and reloading browser)
*clicked on FORGOT PASSWORD and followed prompts (including contact customer support)
*refreshed and attempted same things over, several times
* if you can get into your account before the force change password, go directly to your profile page to and click on CHANGE EMAIL because it shows the last one you entered.
I was able to change the outdated email on one of my sides that way, and got the password link sent to the new one. On one of my other sides, I saw the email I had used was at the now defunct netscape.net, so I could send a ticket.
BUT, it may be too far along in the process for any of this to still work, but wanted to post, just in case.
mavegibson, August 2, 2022 1:03 PM NST
@yekith I changed them during this reset. I've changed all of my passwords 4 times now since the whole debacle started.
roshchodesh, August 2, 2022 1:04 PM NST
@mavegibson ' I've changed all of my passwords 4 times now since the whole debacle started'

three for me
mr debacle head
much_too_young, August 2, 2022 1:13 PM NST
Update: Late yesterday afternoon I was able to login to my side account. I submitted a ticket for a PW reset on my main and I was able to read a few of the boards before getting logged out. And, of course now I can't regain access to my side account. I tried to reset my PW for my side but I haven't received a follow up email. Nor, have I received an email in regards to my ticket. I receive emails all the time from Neo and I have checked my Spam folder. This is beyond frustrating since it comes on the heels of the AC and being one of the many who was Shadowbanned. All we can do is try an hang in there and hope we regain access to our accounts.
alphashadow, August 2, 2022 1:19 PM NST
I haven't seen anyone mention this happening to them as well, but it keeps not letting me use the email I have linked to my neopets and asking instead for the one I signed up with, which I can't use. idk why it's happening to me and apparently no one else.
I did put in a ticket as soon as I was logged out yesterday but still haven't heard anything back.
mavegibson, August 2, 2022 1:44 PM NST
@roshchodesh
sirjorb, August 2, 2022 1:57 PM NST
Looks like most flash games have been suddenly broken and are nonfunctional. Lots of buttons are now reading 'undefined' or 'NaN', and I've not been able to submit scores. Some games don't even get beyond a black screen.
jen_aside, August 2, 2022 2:59 PM NST
Limited to 20 characters? I was actually annoyed for a while BECAUSE I could set a more secure pw for Neopets than for my financial institution! (The latter has rectified this so I can set a pass-sentence, but gonna miss my Neo passparagraph)
twistedlittledreamer, August 2, 2022 4:10 PM NST
I was able to get mine changed, knock on wood, but one of my friends could not get the password reset e-mail to go to her hotmail account and she checked her spam, but her old password worked temporarily and she was able to get in and change the e-mail address and got the password reset link to that e-mail
coryldork, August 2, 2022 4:17 PM NST
I successfully changed it, but the first page upon login is the Chia Cop telling me my password isn't secure enough because the special character I used is the dash - and that's not on their list. Sigh, changing again!
aimeemarie1992, August 2, 2022 4:28 PM NST
I still can't get into my beloved account
venusdatura, August 2, 2022 5:36 PM NST
All I got from my ticket was a response from a 'Lilith' regurgitating the shit from the reset password page. F*** this is frustrating!! They don't do shit, I'm furious!!
forgottenbirthdays, August 2, 2022 6:55 PM NST
sirjorb - NOOOOOO i hoped it was just my flash going NaN
yekith, August 2, 2022 7:51 PM NST
@sirjorb They finally forced https on all pages and apparently Flash can't work properly that way. It's weird cause it was fine while I was the one forcing it...
apophis324, August 2, 2022 11:47 PM NST
Unpopular opinion: Good riddance of all the possibilities to play the old Flash games. Yes it sucks that we don't have access to any of the games anymore, but at least now it's fair to all Neopians that don't want to download extra things to access Flash content.. Now that Flash really doesn't work anymore, maybe they'll see that as an incentive to finally convert more games to HTML5.
spabl, August 3, 2022 12:28 AM NST
Got an email from Lilith. I should have gotten an email with a link to reset. Not! The funny thing is, I changed my PW on my main after I heard about the breach and I now don't have access anymore. I did not change the passwords on my sides and they all work fine!
jellyneo_user1, August 3, 2022 5:28 AM NST
Well a day later, and still unable to get the email for password reset.
Don't worry though, I received an email from Neopets announcing the August password change. :\
I've opened 2 tickets and still nothing.
karametra, August 3, 2022 6:07 AM NST
Has anyone received a response from TNT on their PW related tickets?

I do not have access to my OG email.
dillpickles, August 3, 2022 8:14 AM NST
I haven't gotten a response yet. But if they're truly responding say that we "should have gotten an email" and our email provider is blocking them (I'm trying to get through to mine to have them check this), does that mean we're up a creek? Ugh.
bellsxylom, August 3, 2022 8:33 AM NST
Well, it was bound to happen someday. What a shitshow.
pearwiggler, August 3, 2022 9:31 AM NST
So, like... is Neopets "safe" to play again? TNT makes it sound like they had things under control the whole time (once the breach was discovered) but I dunno how much I should trust that, since they never closed the site off during the breach and kept users waiting for days for more info. Also, while they confirmed payment info didn't get compromised (thank goodness), they haven't acknowledged that personal info like birthday and country DID get compromised, right? Just "emails and passwords" iirc. I guess I don't really want to go back to playing yet until we get an even more detailed and honest overview of what happened and how it's completely over... Would you say there's still a risk in playing on the site right now? I suppose I should at least change my password again... :/
chrissy, August 3, 2022 9:52 AM NST
So i had no problems (so far) changing 4 out of 5 of my account's passwords. Until i got to my last account. That account has a different email than all the rest. I know the email but i can't get into it because i forgot the pass and the recovery phone number and email no longer exist so i can't get into the original email i used to create that particular neopets account. So i sent in a ticket explaining my situation and asked if an alternate email could be chosen so i can finally get my last neopets account's password changed. Ugh. I'm stressing a bit.
hf_jai, August 3, 2022 11:51 AM NST
I've been locked out since Monday evening. The game doesn't recognize my password, and when I try to recover it, I've gotten no reset emails. I sent in a ticket the next morning and got the auto-response that said they would work on it, but I haven't heard anything since. I don't understand what's so hard about sending out a link to reset my password.
flarebaroshi, August 3, 2022 12:18 PM NST
Hey JN team, just passing along: I hadn't logged into my Neopets account since before the update was sent out by TNT, with the forced password change. I just attempted to log in and was not given a password reset prompt. It just let me log in with the password I already had. Just FYI. Not sure if they have taken the forced password resets down again or if my case was a fluke, but just wanted to pass along.
flarebaroshi, August 3, 2022 12:20 PM NST
(con't) Also -- FWIW, I went ahead and changed my password again through the "Edit Profile" page, and successfully changed it there. Just to be safe. But I did not receive a password reset prompt upon first trying to log into the site.
flarebaroshi, August 3, 2022 12:48 PM NST
Hm. Well now it doesn't seem to recognize my new password -- even after it worked fine the first couple times. I'll try again in an hour.
_sissiy_sis_369, August 3, 2022 5:04 PM NST
YOU CAN USE INCOGNITO TO LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT! without having to reset your pw!!!! Then double check your email settings!
spabl, August 4, 2022 12:22 AM NST
Ok, got anohter mail from Lilith and she gave me a temporary password and with that I could get in my account and then I could change it. But...now I need an Activation code. So, I have mailed Lilith back if she can help me with that. Another day waiting! Buy....things are happening!
apophis324, August 4, 2022 9:37 AM NST
Blehh, they forced me out of my side account, requiring me to make a new password for there anyway. But I didn't wannaaa...
recklesse, August 4, 2022 11:03 AM NST
I was able to access a side account for 10 minutes using the old password before being kicked out. Are we sure this isn’t an intentional feature?
ebere39, August 4, 2022 8:42 PM NST
Spoke with Lilith as well, also gave me a temporary password to get into my account. I can't really do anything because it says I need to "activate" my account. No neoboards, can't get into my shop, can't do Trudy's surprise, etc...all since yesterday evening. I've emailed Lilith back numerous times since then and she hasn't answered me back yet! So, I got frustrated and just made a whole new ticket about the activation. I can't even change my password because of the activation part!
spabl, August 5, 2022 12:30 AM NST
Same here Ebere! Still waiting for the activation code! Pffff, day 5.
ebere39, August 5, 2022 5:00 AM NST
Spabl, ugh! Sounds like we are both up a creek without a paddle for right now! If anything changes on my end, I will let you know, and you do the same for me!
spabl, August 5, 2022 8:24 AM NST
Sure thing E!
simplicita, August 5, 2022 8:33 AM NST
The data/breach has been sold according to the forum that it was posted on. I have not seen any mention of it anywhere. I am very interested in what is going to happen next and if TNT will acknowledge it.
coryldork, August 5, 2022 12:37 PM NST
Had a panic changing sides' passwords. My oldest account didn't accept my password and I had an "unknown error" when requesting the reset link--did it again, same as before all lowercase, and it worked that time.

Logging in to sides did NOT lead me to the forced reset page today.
dillpickles, August 5, 2022 5:20 PM NST
Ebere and spabl,
Can you change your email address? Wondering if you can, then there might be an option to activate at that point? Or perhaps changing the email and confirming it would activate your account?

Just theorizing here, as I've heard nothing still for my ticket to get back into my account at all. At least y'all are making some progress?
ebere39, August 5, 2022 5:42 PM NST
Dillpickles, on my end, it won't let me change the password because of the activation. It won't let me change anything, not even my password. This is so frustrating! Hopefully, you'll hear something soon!
ebere39, August 5, 2022 5:43 PM NST
Dillpickles, I meant to say *change my email* in the first sentence!
dillpickles, August 5, 2022 5:53 PM NST
Gotcha. Just throwing it out there as a suggestion.

And yeah, I'm hoping I hear something soon, too, but at this point I'm guessing it won't happen until next week at best. I really don't want my premium auto-renewing when I can't even sign in.
ebere39, August 5, 2022 8:34 PM NST
I understand! And I agree with you, I think next week, TNT will get on the ball and get something done. I pay premium monthly and it is due tomorrow. Guess who's not getting paid if I can't play the game? You guessed right! When they fix my account, I will pay my premium again. (Oh, and suggestion was great! As soon as I read your post, I went to try it, but it wouldn't let me.)
spabl, August 5, 2022 11:30 PM NST
Tried it Dillpickles, but not without the activation code. Thanks for the suggestion though! Nothing in the mail from Llilith so maybe after the weekend. But atleast we heard something. Terrible that you haven't heard ayything!!
spabl, August 6, 2022 1:13 AM NST
So.... I went on my side account to post on the Highway to Help board...I posted my message, went to the main page and was logged out! And now I need a new password for that account! I am getting so incredibly frustraded with this site! No way I will renew my Premium in september!!
sporkfan, August 6, 2022 9:42 AM NST
If you're struggling to get the send button to work, I found a fix for it. On the password reset page, I tried clicking the send button below the username box and it would "click", but nothing would happen. After I clicked on the username text box, then on the send button (might have to do this a few times) the button finally worked lmao
dillpickles, August 6, 2022 6:16 PM NST
To my utter surprise, they are answering tickets today!! I was shocked to get a reply to my ticket less than an hour ago from Alice, and I'm back in! First thing I did after getting rid of the temporary password was change my email address successfully.

Spabl & ebere, I hope you hear back soon to get reactivated!
ebere39, August 6, 2022 9:54 PM NST
Thank you, dill! I haven't heard anything as of yet. Hopefully it will be soon for me and spabl!

Congrats on getting back in!
spabl, August 6, 2022 10:37 PM NST
Still waiting here! But happydance for you Dill!!
spabl, August 8, 2022 8:35 AM NST
Got an email from Alice late last night! She fixed one of my side accounts! Three sides and one main to go!
butterflyvj, August 8, 2022 2:52 PM NST
That's awesome, spabl! Hope you get the rest of your accounts back soon! Alice is great, she helped me get my account back a couple years ago.

I'm still waiting for my tickets to get through, hopefully not much longer!
spabl, August 9, 2022 12:14 AM NST
If you guys are getting tired of my updates let me know, I will stop! But at the moment I am getting a bit desperate! I have one working side account and 3 not working side accounts. My main Spabl still needs an activation code. I keep getting mails from a Lilith but the passwords she gives are not working or need a code. It has been 8 days now and I am not ashamed ot tell you .. I am in tears!
lia_19_85, August 9, 2022 1:08 AM NST
I haven't gotten the reset eMail either. I created a ticket after a day (that mail came through to the eMail account), but nothing since then. I wish they'd look at main accounts first.
zeelink, August 9, 2022 1:27 AM NST
I already reset my passwords after the disaster and now I get to do it all again....fun. =_=
ebere39, August 9, 2022 9:54 AM NST
spabl, we are NOT getting tired of your updates! It is helping us! I too am still waiting. I'm fixing to walk out the door as I have a few doctor appts. this afternoon. I'm hoping when I get back, there will be some good news for all of us who are suffering through this catastrophic event!
dillpickles, August 9, 2022 12:10 PM NST
Ugh, ebere and spabl, I'm sorry y'all still haven't gotten the activation code thing fixed yet! What a mess! I would be pretty upset if I wasn't back in by now. I have another friend who is also still waiting to get back in. So frustrating!
ebere39, August 9, 2022 2:50 PM NST
Dill, yes, it is frustrating! Hopefully we'll hear something soon! I'm going stir crazy!
ebere39, August 9, 2022 6:07 PM NST
Spabl, Dill, and the rest! Lilith got me back in just now! Good luck to all of you trying, and keep watching those emails!
dillpickles, August 9, 2022 6:55 PM NST
Yay!!!! Glad to hear it, ebere! Now we just need to hope for some more results for Spabl (and my friend and all the others still waiting)!
ebere39, August 9, 2022 7:12 PM NST
Dill, yes! I am hoping for Spabl, your friend and all others. Trust me, I feel their pain! When they do get back in, I hope they come here to let us know so we can congratulate them!
spabl, August 12, 2022 12:24 PM NST
Friday night here in The Netherlands and Alice came to the rescue! I now have a new pw and activation code for my main account!! Happydance! I also have one side that is working, I will make tickets for the other 3 next week! Thanks for your support Ebere and Dill! *heart* Fingers crossed everyone else is going to have their problems fixed too!
dillpickles, August 12, 2022 3:35 PM NST
Yay, Spabl!!!! So happy to hear!
My friend got back in today on his main today as well! He just has to worry about his side, but I don't think he had a separate ticket open for that yet.

Glad that people are getting back in still!
taybaybay, August 12, 2022 4:33 PM NST
Happy for everyone that got back in, I am still waiting for my tickets to be answered for my main and 2 sides! I created the tickets on 8/2 and no such luck yet I even tried to make a new account so I could make some np in the meantime and it wouldn't let me do that! Has anybody else here not heard back for any of their accounts yet? Fingers crossed for all of us!
ebere39, August 12, 2022 7:57 PM NST
Yay Spabl and Yay Dill! This is such good news!
Tay, just keep trying and keep checking your emails. They will get to you, it just takes time! Myself, Spabl and Dill's friend had been waiting a long time too. Don't you worry!
spabl, August 13, 2022 1:32 AM NST
@taybaybay: If you can't get on the boards just put your ticket number here and I can put it on the Highway to Help board for you!
roshchodesh, August 13, 2022 3:38 AM NST
Not a word from TNT on my ticket submitted 10 days ago
taybaybay, August 13, 2022 1:35 PM NST
Thank you for your words of encouragement Ebere!
Spabl, my ticket number is 316909, thank you angel!!
Roshchodesh, I hope they get to us soon
woodstocki, August 13, 2022 3:10 PM NST
I guess I was lucky, only one of my accounts initially refused to send a link to my email. And I'd given up on that account years ago as I didn't remember the birthdate that went with it. I'd tried to get TNT to help me a couple of times over the years, but no luck. I figured I'd give it one last try and contacted support with what I hoped was convincing evidence the account is mine, who got back to me within a day. They gave me the birthdate and I tried getting a link one more time. It worked. For the first time in a decade, I have access to all three of my accounts!
dreamer012778, August 13, 2022 8:42 PM NST
I submitted my ticket on 8/2 and TNT still hasn’t responded to my ticket either.
spabl, August 14, 2022 3:31 AM NST
Ticket number 316909

Asking for a fellow Neopian who hasn't heard anything and can't get into main and 2 side accounts!
Ticket has been made August 2!!

Please help!!===Posted this on the Highway to Help board!
If anyone else needs their ticket posted just let me know here! I am from The Netherlands, so totally different timezone from the US but I will keep checking here!
taybaybay, August 14, 2022 12:26 PM NST
Thanks Spabl!!

They must have thousands and thousands of tickets to go through, seems silly...
taybaybay, August 14, 2022 4:02 PM NST
It worked Spabl! I'm back into my main! Thanks for your help
much_too_young, August 14, 2022 8:05 PM NST
Update: After 12 days, I finally received an email from Alice yesterday afternoon at 3:57 CDT. I am back into my main and will send a ticket for my side later this week; Drs appointments. I had just about given up hope in receiving a response to my ticket. While waiting I made good use of my time by cleaning out my over flowing personal emails. And, I certainly have a lot dating back from Neopets that I'm going to save just in case I ever need to verify my account. All the best to those who are still waiting to get a response to your ticket/tickets.
dreamer012778, August 14, 2022 8:09 PM NST
I would love some help if you could post my ticket on the highway to help board, please. My ticket number is 316755. Thank you in advance Spabl!
spabl, August 15, 2022 3:44 AM NST
Yay Tay!!

Will do it now Dreamer!! Fingers crossed!