Snowager alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Peophin Day Roundup
  • Posted on July 26, 2022, 3:10 pm NST

For Peophin Day, a new colour is available (watch for drips):

Custard

And a Cowhand-themed outfit is available and active:

fluffymcgerbilpants, July 26, 2022 3:22 PM NST
Absolutely awful.

Should have been Chanty's Peophin, that's the one everyone wanted.
ziporen, July 26, 2022 3:23 PM NST
Mustard*
karen_mckenzie, July 26, 2022 3:28 PM NST
I love the custard, underrated colour! Anything drippy looks great on an aquatic neopet like a peophin and the shading has a cool texture Very very cute outfit too.
nugget, July 26, 2022 3:34 PM NST
For colors like custard and sponge, it seems like people would be happier to get two minor colors on the same day if they aren't getting one major (candy, maraqua, etc.)
sketch, July 26, 2022 4:25 PM NST
Not a fan... if they weren't gonna use the custard revamps from Chanty's at least the old custard pets had more of a nice cream/tan base colour instead of snot yellow
1jediboy, July 26, 2022 4:43 PM NST
Tiffany drew the Custard revamps:

~Crownes

Chanty drew the Maraqua Peophin:

~Renpi
twocue, July 26, 2022 5:43 PM NST
I just feel like the custard is off, the color is weird and the shading seems weird.
problematicperiplum, July 26, 2022 6:35 PM NST
They could've made it any other color than... That. Disgusting.
marfbear, July 26, 2022 8:45 PM NST
Bleh
inkpot, July 26, 2022 9:18 PM NST
look... i absolutely adore custard pets.
but that custard? that's mustard (thx ziporan).

at least the outfit is cute.
clock_flower, July 26, 2022 10:31 PM NST
I agree that that doesn't look very much like custard (initially I literally thought it was Snot, but mustard is a much more apt comparison). And they didn't even fully commit to the concept, leaving the Peo's hooves un-custardified! If they're gonna commit to something like that, I'd _much_ rather they go all in on the concept. The design feels a little half-baked to me tbh.

As for the outift, I really wish they had made the rope a separate clothing item from the pants, possibly as a Belt item, or as a Right-hand item (it's in the same spot as a number of other items in that zone end up on a Peophin, so they could have made it work). What if someone wants to give their Peophin some nice jeans without the lasso? I know I, for one, do
clock_flower, July 26, 2022 10:33 PM NST
conversely, what if someone wants to give their Peophin a lasso on their belt without the pants? Making them two separate items would greatly increase the customization potential
apophis324, July 26, 2022 11:43 PM NST
That's not Custard. That's what just appeared in my handkerchief after I blew my nose in it. 100% yuck. It's the wrong shade of yellow!

And that hat. Don't get me started on that hat. I know it's hard to angle things properly sometimes, but this doesn't seem to follow the Peophin's head..
biediep, July 27, 2022 1:07 AM NST
I wanted the MQ Peo so bad that I would've been disappointed even if it was some other gorgeous color. But this? What the heck is this?! Eww.
biediep, July 27, 2022 1:12 AM NST
Ok I just checked out the "custard revamps" on ~Crownes, I was not familiar with them but holy dung ._. Those are gorgeous!
And then TNT dare to release this disaster, lmao...

Maybe they intentionally released a terrible one so they can do a revamp of all of them and pretend it was their own idea after the backlash this one caused? If only. We're probably stuck with this thing, lol.
ducky - JN Staff, July 27, 2022 6:37 AM NST
I agree this is mustard instead of custard.

I guess we just have to power thru bad colours some point (tbh no one really cares for custard pets, not even ones that are well made)
nobody, July 27, 2022 10:14 AM NST
I was about to say I do, but the pun of 'nobody likes custard pets' hit me.

This, why, tho.
stracer, July 27, 2022 1:21 PM NST
There's a board in support of Tiffany's custard peo revamp on ~crownes that looks so much better, please give it some love
cat, July 27, 2022 6:41 PM NST
Kinda wish they’d made the mane more brown so it would look like a flan.
surferboard_girl, July 27, 2022 8:46 PM NST
This was a decision. I hadn't seen Tiffany's redraws and those are AMAZING! :o
ziporen, July 27, 2022 9:43 PM NST
Most of Tiffany's concepts are for pets that don't have Custard yet, since she doesn't want to step on the toes of those who already have existing ones. The Peo is the first redraw that she has done, only because of the mostly negative reaction to the current one and the recency. (And some encouragement by folks on the boards.)
roshchodesh, July 28, 2022 7:03 AM NST
@cat
Flan. Brilliant.
1jediboy, July 28, 2022 6:22 PM NST
Flan-tastic! 😋
asterick, July 28, 2022 7:25 PM NST
This peo makes me feel gross
breezydreams, July 30, 2022 4:53 AM NST
It is custard, for sure. Unrefrigerated, spoiled custard.

We already have dung and swamp gas. Who needs another odorous Pet color?