It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Zelda
Kiko Day Roundup
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on July 18, 2022, 1:07 pm NST

Wish for some luck at the lab ray—you might find your pet sporting this swirly new colour, released in celebration of Kiko Day today:

Mosaic

Music-loving pets can now sport a rock and roll look with these new Neopoint wearables:

problematicperiplum, July 18, 2022 1:20 PM NST
Wearables are noce, color is whatever. I don't like that's smiling. It's hiding something and I know it.
nobody, July 18, 2022 1:23 PM NST
OOOH. I care about nothing except that Keytar.
I love it as much as I loathe now wanting a kiko.
pikachu315111, July 18, 2022 2:06 PM NST
Huh, surprised they didn't do something like the Chocolate Factory Shopkeeper, Niten Hiroru, or even Wrawk the Merciless wearables.
staphyjr, July 18, 2022 2:14 PM NST
I get they're supposed to be "rock and roll" headphones, but I wish they'd made ones to match the Kiko - Rock avatar.
faith50292, July 18, 2022 3:03 PM NST
I usually love the Mosaic colors, but this one is pretty "meh."
chanty, July 18, 2022 3:06 PM NST
Poor Kiko...
inkpot, July 18, 2022 4:30 PM NST
i hope the 2 whole kiko fans on this website are pleased with today.
stories2btold, July 18, 2022 6:35 PM NST
I literally only see eyes
winter_pony4, July 18, 2022 7:21 PM NST
I'm not, inkpot I'm not impressed with the Mosaic bc the wave patterns are drowned out by all the noise.
mavegibson, July 18, 2022 9:00 PM NST
Why couldn't they have made a keytar for everyone?

surferboard_girl, July 18, 2022 9:24 PM NST
Ooof that colour is ROUGH. Kikos are cute but there's just too much going on there.
nefarity, July 18, 2022 10:56 PM NST
The cresting wave pattern is nice, but I think it's look better if the body was just blues & greens, and then orange & yellow for the band-aid & fingers.
apophis324, July 19, 2022 12:16 AM NST
Mosaic is.. well.. a mosaic. But it's not a good one. Gaudí would not have approved.

As for the outfit. Nice headphones? Did they run out of cool, famous Neopian ideas for the Kiko? Bit sad that each species gets an outfit to represent a famous Neopian, both fictional and real, and Kiko gets... a rocker outfit?
claytonskitten, July 19, 2022 6:36 AM NST
Love the wearables set; def adding that to my "someday" wishlist. Currently labbing a Kiko... not entirely sure if I like the new color or not...
chocolatjellopudding, July 19, 2022 8:32 AM NST
One of the few who actually like the mosaic color....noice
pikachu315111, July 19, 2022 8:59 PM NST
@ apophis324:
To be fair not every species got a famous Neopian based on them, just the majority. Why some aren't I don't know, maybe a member of TNT randomly got an idea for a species and submitted it for consideration and, without anyone opposing it, went with it. Wouldn't surprise me that, at the moment, the rule for Species wearables is that if there's no hard idea suggestions to do an established Neopian character.

I tried looking up to see if there was any "Kiko" in the music industry and, surprisingly, there was a few; most notably I think is Brazilian guitarist Kiko Loureiro who had played for Megadeth, but there's a few others individuals and bands. So could be possible a staff member is a fan of one of these "Kiko".
apophis324, July 19, 2022 11:30 PM NST
@pikachu315111: Hmm. I just think it's a little unfair to Kikos that their outfit is so.. generic, compared to what other species got. Not that I care much for Kikos, but.. Hey, your explanation is decent too?
alkseeyakc, July 20, 2022 6:37 AM NST
I want those headphones for other pets. o u o
purplebin, July 20, 2022 9:50 AM NST
TNT puts up pet day suggestion boards every month, maybe no one cares enough to make Kiko outfit suggestions, or maybe people wanted this one.
xantanreborn, July 20, 2022 1:24 PM NST
I kinda love that color... (I have no Mosaic pets but would love to have one eventually, I'd either go for this or an Elephante, I think).