Snowager alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Quail
Altador Cup Final Results and Prize Shop
  • Posted by Quail
  • Posted on July 7, 2022, 10:39 am NST

The final results for the Altador Cup have been announced, with Darigan Citadel as the victor!

Now that the medal ceremony has taken place, you can hop over to the Prize Shop to select rewards for all your hard work:

What will you be spending your points on this year? Let us know in the comments!

zaitoutau, July 7, 2022 10:48 AM NST
My first altador cup win in thirteen years of playing!!!!! Heck yeah!!!!!!
artemisaltori, July 7, 2022 10:51 AM NST
Lol what
hdawg1995, July 7, 2022 11:00 AM NST
DC is a shocker but i'm still reeling from Virtupets getting second. i knew we worked hard but was honestly not expecting 2nd place. YAY TEAM VP!
remy, July 7, 2022 11:08 AM NST
What is the point in having publicly visible team standings and round robins if TNT are just going to manipulate the end results once it's over?

Not sure they know how sports works.
zaitoutau, July 7, 2022 11:13 AM NST
@remy they mentioned they were doing investigations into some cheating, I'm guessing that influenced the final standings a lot as some teams had wins taken away bc they won due to cheating and others had them had wins given bc they lost due to cheating. The publicly visible team standings was kinda messy though since that was happening in the background, I wish they had figured out a way to communicate better that these were likely not the final standings as there were background investigations going on.
chocolatjellopudding, July 7, 2022 11:32 AM NST
Their communication standards are always ridiculously low and it's a huge joke
apophis324, July 7, 2022 11:34 AM NST
Reaching rank 15 and only having enough points for one stamp. I am so disappointed... Not in me, but in TNT. This is not a good prize pool. At all. Where's the vintage jerseys? Why are there three stamps? Why are the books so cheap?

*frustrated grumbles*
premium17, July 7, 2022 11:39 AM NST
Best prize pool ever
roshchodesh, July 7, 2022 11:41 AM NST
Extra punishment for not playing enough, the prizes I can't afford I also can't see in colour. WHY are they gradient grey?!!
I can't even LOOK at all the prizes?
roshchodesh, July 7, 2022 11:44 AM NST
p.s. THANK YOU jn staff for full colour pictures of all the prizes 🧡🧡🧡
biediep, July 7, 2022 11:45 AM NST
There's TWO stamps?! And I can't afford either of them because I didn't have much time to play :'3
Time to stalk TP!
biediep, July 7, 2022 11:46 AM NST
Wait, no, there's THREE o_o
Ok, bye bank account T_T
theawedude, July 7, 2022 11:56 AM NST
The battledome item is a freezer?
With 16 offensive icons!
And 100% physical block!?
Did the Moehog Skull finally get powercrept?
apophis324, July 7, 2022 12:20 PM NST
@biediep: I feel your pain.. It's so mean..
And why did Shenkuu's captain get her own stamp? Is she really so important for the cup? Or is it because she's gay? Because her girlfriend looks cute (and her doodles were super adorable), but being gay doesn't make one special, does it?
seven_dead_owls, July 7, 2022 2:04 PM NST
With all the people, myself included, who could barely play due to the captcha errors I'm disappointed in how the entire cup was handled by TNT this year. Now to see 3 stamps that are all high point items is a slap in the face. I tried every tip and trick listed by others on the boards and none of them worked, support refused to answer tickets beyond "turn off your VPN and use chrome" even if it was stated that was tried. As a stamp collector I'm so angry that had my games been playable I could have made the points I do for every cup before this and got all 3, now I'll never get them as they'll be resold for way too much.
claytonskitten, July 7, 2022 2:10 PM NST
Crappy prize pool (great items, terrible prices), a scandal on the podium, and yet.... Team VP totally earned our 2nd place victory! I'll take it. And hang on to my points since there's not much I want. Bought books for Lily and a team slushie. Other than that I'll be saving up for the backgrounds....
themeepit32, July 7, 2022 3:00 PM NST
This doesn't feel right, I was supporting DC the whole time and I thought for sure he'd be out of the rankings
surferboard_girl, July 7, 2022 4:14 PM NST
I'm just...tired. I could only play Shoutout on my phone and was so busy this year that I barely had time/energy for THAT and then to see this prize pool is disheartening.

I'm a stamp collector and have just given up on ever getting any of the AC stamps and really don't look forward to AC anymore. If they're going to continue insisting on hosting large scale events, they need way better communication, game play, and IMHO, achievability. Most of us are adults with full offline lives and it's demoralizing to never reach any significant standings bc the required number of games is so ridiculous.
kiriska, July 7, 2022 4:24 PM NST
Dang, the first year in a while where I didn't bother at all and my team wins. :') No cool trophy for me then. Ah well.
zixianna, July 7, 2022 4:42 PM NST
And this is why I didn't play this year after the last time MD got hosed. Horrible for my bank account, but glad I didn't waste my time and expectations.
dillpickles, July 7, 2022 4:59 PM NST
So, let me get this straight:
Last year, there was a 13.4 icon weapon that cost 6,000 prize shop points.
This year, there's a 16 icon, 100% freeze, 100% physical blocking weapon...for 3,500 prize shop points.
How and where does this EVER make sense?
I really hope they nerf the Thunder Sticks.

I am not happy about having 3 separate stamps, either. I mean, 3 stamps would be great...if you could actually get all 3 for making All Star. But you can't even get 2 different ones at All Star! Especially after how awful it was getting scores to send successfully. Wow. Just...wow.
mandypandy667, July 7, 2022 5:01 PM NST
Aw I thought KI was actually going to get a podium place this year
maxgarou, July 7, 2022 5:06 PM NST
First time ever being in a champion team... and I couldn´t play enough
Between the games being laggy, and changes made to them. I couldn't play more than 3 games without getting bored. Also, before last year AC I always played several YYB games and score more than 10 goals, now if I scored 3 they were too many. I got bad or the games got way harder.
Any way, enough excuses. Time to buy most of those slushies.
topaz644, July 7, 2022 5:15 PM NST
What is this shadow banning talk? I understand the concept but did tnt make an announcement somewhere about it? How do ppl know?
josie, July 7, 2022 5:32 PM NST
Just my luck. My reader finds both books boring
mavegibson, July 7, 2022 7:16 PM NST
This entire cup was just baffling and disappointing. The utter lack of transparency with scoring is a huge disincentive to play, even if the buggy games weren't bad enough.
mavegibson, July 7, 2022 7:17 PM NST
@josie Just change your language temporarily and your pet will read the books.
puffkins2000, July 7, 2022 7:30 PM NST
@mandypandy667; same here. *siiiiiiighs*

DC is my second favourite team, but.............
pikachu315111, July 7, 2022 8:20 PM NST
... What's the point, JS?
JS I SAID WHAT'S THE POINT?!

When AC15 pulled the rug under Meridell by JS suddenly changing the rules so RR points don't count during the Finals as they previously had, I was mad but let it go as it was understandable and KL did better than us in the finals then. But THIS YEAR?

Meridell won all but one game in the RR and all games in the Finals.
Meridell had the most points out of any team, even when they had the one small lost in the RR it didn't set us back in the least.

So Why is MD not first? Infact, why is MD THIRD? What mathematic gymnastics did you go out of your way to do JUST so MD didn't win first? Why? To surprise everyone? "Hey everyone, it doesn't matter how well your team is doing in the results, we'll just decide a winner anyway"!

Now I'm hearing about shadowbans, so are you JUST NOW upset about the All-Star Groups? Why now? Also, most ASG are legit players who take the time to max out most of the games, you can't really freeze them for that. "Hey everyone, play as much as you can, but if you do too well we'll freeze ya"! Are ASG an issue? Yes, it does feel unfair a small percentage of the players are able to decide cups, but not only is this the way to handle it but also you don't just suddenly decide during the Finals that NOW is the time to handle it. Like, if this was your stance, it should have happened during the RR because without SOTAC who knows if MD would have even been in the winner's bracket!

And, sheesh, the prizes:
* 12k points for a Rainbow PB? Rainbow PB costs under a mil, in comparison if you check past years unique 12k items they're worth 10+ mil! And there's prizes which cost less points which also go into the mils! Why is it so hard to figure out the appropriate cost for the PB prize, especially when its for one of the cheaper PBs? They're never worth it, might as well not have it.
* THREE STAMPS?! Don't you think that's a BIT much? Were you hoping the more stamps th
pikachu315111, July 7, 2022 8:21 PM NST
Were you hoping the more stamps there were the less valuable each one would be? Sorry JS, got bad news for ya, but those stamps are still going to be worth mils, maybe even more than previous years. Reason cause this is the only time they're being given out, and with having more that means less of each one will be available! Also, why did Mirsha get her own stamp?
* A 16 icon, full blocker, 100% Freezer, Once Per Battle item for only 3.5k... WHAT?!?! That is possibly one of the most POWERFUL weapons now in the entire game, comparable only to (if not better than) the Moehog Skull which is worth 450 MIL! Even if its supposed to be one use it would busted! And I highly doubt we're gonna see a downgrade. Are you sure this wasn't supposed to be the 12k prize and the PB being 3.5k?
* So I see the new Action Figures are no longer based on anything and just whoever you feel like them being. Windelle should have had an Action Figure by now...
* Huh, they didn't do the Jerseys this year, only a "cameo" for a cheap Gift prize.

I'm angry. I'm frustrated. This is possibly the worst AC I've ever played, and my opinion of the AC had already been LOW these past few years. FIX THE SITE BEFORE DOING ANOTHER ALTADOR CUP! Maybe then you'll be able to actually focus on making it good!
roshchodesh, July 7, 2022 8:59 PM NST
I'm still puzzling out 'Useless Kougra in a Box'
pikachu315111, July 7, 2022 9:15 PM NST
@ roshchodesh:
hprox, July 7, 2022 9:47 PM NST
y’all, it’s FOUR stamps. The trading card is a stamp and there’s a new stamp album called Card Collector. They also retconned one of the prizes from 2 years ago into a stamp too.
apophis324, July 7, 2022 11:37 PM NST
@dillpickles: Wait what? You can't even get more than one stamp on All Star? What is this madness?! If doesn't get a Neopie for worst decision ever, I don't know what would count..

@hprox: A.. collectable card... stamp book.. is... *flatlines*
(Well, at least I can afford TWO stamps of the four then..)
Which item did they ret-con then? Do I have it? Am I going to have to spend a pet's arm and leg to get it?

@pikachu315111: I don't quite understood why Meridell didn't take the cup and ended up in third place after they did so well this year. My brother was supporting that team and he was certain of his victory.. They should make you voice of the people
apophis324, July 7, 2022 11:40 PM NST
I checked. No, of course I don't have a Yooyu Trading Card. I probably didn't think it would matter as it looked.. rather meh. And now the price of it has shot up to half a million. For such a low tier prize.
TNT, why do you keep ruining your game? If you don't like it anymore you can just pull the plug, you know?
apophis324, July 7, 2022 11:48 PM NST
Thirdly (sorry for spamming the comment section), why would they introduce a new team to join the cup competition.. AFTER the Altador Cup has ended for this year? Were they too late to implement this extra team? Have they forgotten that adding one team means they'll have to make one team sit out the next cup as there can't be an odd number of teams competing? What is the logic?
ducky - JN Staff, July 7, 2022 11:50 PM NST
if TNT are just going to manipulate the end results once it's over?
You mean it's unfair they get rid of scores that bot accounts/cheaters have made? yes.
I think it's good thing. They think they get away with it.. and they don't (well, I guess some still do)

WOOHOO GO DARIGAN CITADEL!

...too bad June is awful month for me so only made rank 13. Would have been nicer to have shinier trophy being 1st again since.. ermm *looks her lookup* AC II
biediep, July 8, 2022 1:05 AM NST
Thank you guys for the heads up about the cards being stamps! I'm glad I was at least able to afford the card, and that I still had a Yooyu card ;o; But darn, I didn't think the 3 actual stamps were going to be this expensive.. I can barely even afford to buy one with NPs, let alone all 3, lol.. T_T
inusfan, July 8, 2022 2:00 AM NST
Seriously? :V First time in years I decide I won't really play at all besides staff tournament because darigan never wins anyways, and they actually finally win again? >.<
peppermint, July 8, 2022 2:55 AM NST
Here you have The AC... one of the only events with the power to draw old players back to the site... something which they should monopolize because if old players return and are happy, then maybe they'll return for good, maybe spend some money on premium or NC. But nope. Rather than think like a business and polish things up for potential customers, the AC is a glitch-ridden wreck. They didn't even bother to update the FAQ this year with the correct ending date. Is changing a couple of words on a web page that challenging or time consuming?

So help me, if I ever win the Powerball I'm going to buy Neo and actually run it like a company.
ladymoreta, July 8, 2022 3:32 AM NST
I would love to know how they work out the points you get for the prize shop. I managed to get to All-Star but only enough points for 2 stamps and virtually nothing else. What am I doing wrong?
debgil, July 8, 2022 4:29 AM NST
@Jjosie

There is a formula here that will let you know ahead of time which books your pet won't read (and gourmets he won't eat). Somewhere at some time there was a much easier explanation, but that is probably long gone.
debgil, July 8, 2022 4:33 AM NST
@ducky unfortunately, as with flagging and freezing in the past no, they don't know who the cheaters are. They catch a few, but they catch more real players than cheaters. This new incarnation of JN just proves how incompetent they are with this A/C in so very many ways.
infernodragon02, July 8, 2022 6:05 AM NST
This AC, prize shop included, successfully unleashed all the latent frustration that had been building with this site.

I don't think I can even do the bare minimum here anymore. TNT has somehow managed to drain out what small enjoyment was left to be had.
chaosshadow, July 8, 2022 6:52 AM NST
They really need to take a year break from the Cup to actually fix it. I wanted to play a bit (I don't have time to grind for points but, you know, a couple of games at least) but the lag is unbearable.

...at least Darigan won, I guess.
apophis324, July 8, 2022 7:47 AM NST
Something they really should fix for next year: Stop alienating browsers. FireFox is just as viable as Chrome is, so make it so that your game runs on both. It's ridiculous that a different browser makes so much of a difference.
dillpickles, July 8, 2022 10:52 AM NST
I guess technically you can get the two lower actual stamps if you just made All Star. But still, ugh. Them having not come out and addressed any of this directly is irritating. And they still need to nerf the Sticks.

I'm really getting tired of them retconning items. Turning items into album items, making them into books, changing what types of books, etc. Having a new album category is great! All of the sudden making retired items belong in that? Awful.

I feel like they are 100% out of touch with how the site works.
contessa, July 8, 2022 11:35 AM NST
The year that storms knocked out our power and I could not play the first week and then the internet was spotty for the next week or two, so that I barely made it to Rank 7 and OMG there is not one stamp this year but THREE! Total prize points need would be 13,500 points. Also a lot of books. MY total prize points? 1870!

For the Staff prize shop, they have all the books, including the ones given out to winners who guesses correctly. To get all of the books, it would take 63,000 prize points. I have 41, 192 prize points there.

Oh well. (hands peppermint a dollar to buy a Powerball ticket)
roshchodesh, July 8, 2022 1:33 PM NST
@contessa (from jn's info) yeah, 63,000 which is unobtainable even we got everything right, the most we could earn is 46,944 points

@josie /@mavegibson: the trick of changing languages to read books to pets no longer works for newer books

@pikachu315111: I had tears in my eyes reading your post. EVERY SINGLE WORD exactly described the truth of the debacle that was AC. Thank you for posting. Brilliantly accurate.
roshchodesh, July 8, 2022 1:37 PM NST
(also @pikachu315111
thank you for the info on the useless kougra... oh my goodness I ***NEED*** that! )
roshchodesh, July 8, 2022 1:45 PM NST
One more thing... if they REALLY wanted to Celebrate Diversity, they should have just GIVEN the Rainbow PB to anyone who played. Like the Dye Pot.
I thought the AC paint brush prize would be Burlap since they've released so many new pet colours in Burlap, and you only get it with a lab zap (basically). What a sad, frustrating, exhausting AC this was.
rosi, July 8, 2022 2:07 PM NST
If they were going to arbitrarily choose who would win, why didn't they choose Virtupets for first place: it at least had a much higher number of wins than the one whom they made win

--- This manipulation really explains the four days when the AC pages were unaccessible (during a time in which the staff members were supposed to be playing, mind you!)

Enough with this shadowy play! Cheaters and bots have always decided the winning team, going as far back in time as *at least* AC IV with Krawk Island's first win.
Yet, they only seem to punish a couple of teams (namely MD and FL), without even levelling out the results. So we have historically mediocre teams suddenly get first place and get away with cheaters (think of AD last year, which has always been the all-time worst team -not FL- , the suspicious rise of KL, and even BV) , while historically strong teams always come close but not quite yet.
pikachu315111, July 8, 2022 7:57 PM NST
I need to make a quick correction in my previous rant post. I misunderstood what people meant by "shadowbanning" people, thinking they were freezing. This is not the case, rather "shadowban", for those who don't know, means all the player's scores do not count toward their team's results (not sure if that also means they don't get prize points). Anyway, onto responses:

@ hprox:
* FOUR COLLECTIBLES! And worse, they retroactively made a cheap Gift item from TWO YEARS AGO into a Collectible now? I cannot come up with the words with how nonsensical this all is! Is there really no one thinking things through when making these decisions?! Are they purposely trying to get players angry?

apophis324:
* All-Star pretty much has meant nothing in terms of Prize Points for a long time. It's only a title now, it means nothing aside you played a lot. As for why that is, it's TNT too focusing on the players who play a lot and trying to keep them from being able to afford everything in the Prize Shop (or able to buy multiple of the top prizes), not really thinking how this affects the 99% of other players who are just casually playing, many who don't even get to All-Star. It's ashamed they're so hyperfixed on the ASG the little guy ends up losing the most (and I say this being someone who tries to get All-Star every year).

* Glad you liked me rant. Not sure how well of a "voice of the people" I'd be, but I'd be more than glad to write up a document of complaints & suggestions I have if it would get to the eyes of the right people. Spoilers, I have yet to write such a document.

* I'm not sure if Team Dacardia is meant to be a thing or just a small event they did for Island Builders. If they do introduce a new team there is some other options they could do to make things even again: Make a Team Neopia Central, a Team Neovia, or split Lost Desert into Team Sakhmet (current team) and Team Qasala (new team).

@ducky:
* Many who were shadowban were leg
pikachu315111, July 8, 2022 7:58 PM NST
@ducky:
* Many who were shadowban were legitimate players. Even then, I doubt there were enough cheaters where freezing them all would knock MD from first to third! Most DC players I've seen are also confused they even got onto the podium this year, let alone getting first. Something is WAY OFF.

@peppermint:
* I don't know how I should take how JS handled the AC this year. It feels like a mixture of "good will but not done well" and "just don't care", among some other negative ones but that could just be my bias.

@dillpickles:
* They're never gonna nerf the BD weapon cause they haven't with the past few. They don't seem to care whenever they make a OP weapon, it's not like they're doing anything with the BD.

@ roshchodesh:
* Thank you, glad you liked my rant. Sometimes I worry I'm sounding too "charged" and it may rub others the wrong way. And yes, the useless machine is a very funny item, lol.

* Wait, is that why they PB prize is a Rainbow PB? I'm all for diversity, but I don't see what that has to do with the AC. The PB prize historically has either been based on the previous year winners or the current. So this year's PB should have been a Darigan or Relic/Gold PB.
coryldork, July 9, 2022 9:19 AM NST
hands down the most unfair prize shop I've seen. :/ it's basically like "hey, if you reached all-star, which we consider the highest rank even though you can technically reach quadruple all star, you get to pick ONE good prize! then scrabble together the remaining 3.5k points with these other items."
apophis324, July 9, 2022 11:00 AM NST
A too charged Pikachu.. Take it to the Pokémon Center~! We're all just very peeved at the moment and I think your rant was pretty much exactly how most of us dedicated JellyNeoers feel. If only TNT would listen and lower the prices of two of the stamps (or better yet, release the two non-number stamps to the Stamp Shop!) and refund everyone who did spend their points on them. For all my hard work I can either get a:
-Stamp of a character I only mildly care about because I'm a Maraqua supporter, not a Shenkuu supporter.
-Stamp that has a funny name, but once it's in the stamp album that doesn't matter anymore.
-Stamp with a number, that's basically the same as the other ones but can't be missing in my collection.

I wonder which one to pick... Or should I just ignore them all and go for the ultimate lightning glowstick fireworks.. thing...
pikachu315111, July 9, 2022 2:04 PM NST
@ apophis324:
I've released the extra electricity with my rant so my voltage has returned to normal levels.

Despite how much I played, I only made 14,480 points! Yup, 20 points under being able to afford all stamps, and if I did that I wouldn't then be able to afford anything else like the Thunder Sticks. Though since I don't really do stamps I may get the Thunder Sticks, if they don't downgrade them (which they should. I think the best thing to do with them is make it like the Maractite Dimensional Trap where it only has a 50% of freezing). Gonna wait a few months and see how prices settle.
apophis324, July 10, 2022 12:02 AM NST
*cough* Only 14,480 points they say. If I gave you my points, would you give me the stamps? XD
mercury, July 10, 2022 12:44 AM NST
More or less stayed off the Cup this year (other than Staff Tourney) so it's amusing to read the comments here while also seeing TNT call this Cup "most hotly contested Altador Cup of all time". Sounds about typical lol :p

P.S. Thank you Herdy for your diligent documenting of the scores, as with every year
roshchodesh, July 10, 2022 8:55 AM NST
They HAVE TO KNOW how extraordinarily miserable and upset basically everyone, I mean every player, is!!!!!!
It reminds me of the year Terror Mountain won (my team), with all the chaos, it did not feel like a legitimate win.
(If the NFL changed thingsduring the playoffs...)
roshchodesh, July 10, 2022 9:00 AM NST
Did anyone have this glitch during YYB where ALL of the advantages appeared at the same (the ice cube, big net, etc)?
apophis324, July 10, 2022 12:40 PM NST
@roshchodesh: Well maybe not all of them at the same time, but there were often a couple lying about. I figured that was just part of how the game was programmed. What baffled me more was that often, after a goal was scored, one of the players would make a run for the exit. Who was feeding my team laxatives?
contessa, July 10, 2022 10:53 PM NST
At least I don't need to try and buy the thundersticks, since I already have a really good freezer in my battle set. That will be a few thousand I won't have to come up with anyway
contessa, July 10, 2022 10:56 PM NST
@roshchodesh

OMG yes. I kept getting that and I had no idea why it was happening, but they all sort of went away at the same time too.
minidriver, July 12, 2022 10:00 AM NST
I'm still mildly surprised that Shenkuu managed to get up to 7th place at the end.