Snowager alert!

It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Create your own wishlists!
Help us model your pets!

Rubbish Dump Day, Saturday, August 6th!
  • Posted on August 6, 2022, 12:00 am NST

Welcome to the 1st Saturday of the month: Rubbish Dump Day!

In April 2022, TNT updated the Rubbish Dump to increase the drop rate of "rubbish" eligible for the avatar. (And we've even seen some Hidden Tower items pop up that weren't previously confirmed as prizes!)

The Rubbish Dump is special in that items dropped there appear after a Neopian refreshes the dump. (In other words, refreshing the page gives you the chance to "donate" some rubbish to the queue.) The more people visiting and refreshing, the more rubbish dropped, and the more opportunities there are for avatar items to appear!

Starting now, and continuing all day, here's how you can gather and participate:

If you DON'T have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to generate rubbish!
  • Claim up to 8 pieces of rubbish to clear the way for more items to appear. (And make sure not to claim anything from the Money Tree or Second-Hand Shoppe... it's 10 items max from all 3 locations combined!)
  • To be safe from accidental clicks, save your last 2 rubbish claims for when an avatar item pops up. (You can claim up to 10 items from the Rubbish Dump per day.)
  • Review our guide to familiarize yourself with which items are eligible for the avatar.

If you DO have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to help generate rubbish! Even if you have the avatar, refreshing helps generate more "donations" that will show up later. (And that means more opportunities for avatar items to pop up!)
  • Claim up to 10 pieces of rubbish to help clear the way for avatar-eligible items to appear.
  • Be kind and leave the cheaper avatar-eligible items (like the Fading Bottled Faeries) for those who need the avatar! We won't mind, however, if you try sniping a Dung Catapult.

The more the merrier, so share this post with your Neofriends and guildmates!

As you participate, let us know in the comments what junk—or treasures—you've seen or picked up! And let us know if you get the avatar so we can celebrate with you.

Can't get enough rubbish? Mark your calendars and join us on the first Saturday of next month—September 3rd—for our next Rubbish Dump Day!

apophis324, August 6, 2022 1:03 AM NST
Woop woop, another month over ^^ Somehow this "event" excites me, even though I know I'll likely never get the avatar.
claytonskitten, August 6, 2022 4:12 AM NST
Got my avvie last month! Grabbed my 10 junk just now as I've errands to run. Best of luck everyone!
catriki, August 6, 2022 9:49 AM NST
I was on my fast computer for once as opposed to my phone or track pad laptop and I literally got an apple core on my first refresh- and nabbed it! Thanks so much everyone for making this possible especially the folks at JellyNeo who help facilitate this! I'm going to refresh a bit more, I saw a fading dark faerie go by so it looks like the chances are good for others as well!
skaboy, August 6, 2022 12:36 PM NST
Got it!! Thank you guys for organizing this event.
rosi, August 6, 2022 2:14 PM NST
Can people finally use their account normally? I haven't tried the reset pw form yet, because of all the problems it's generating. I'm afraid of being locked out of my accounts like everybody seems to be, therefore I'm missing all the events.
dave - JN Staff, August 6, 2022 8:27 PM NST
@rosi: There are definitely some problems, but you won't know until you try. Are you being forced to reset your password? If so, might as well try. Just make sure you read our warnings in our previous post about the resets.
peirigill - JN Staff, August 6, 2022 9:17 PM NST
Took my ten pieces of junk! Hopefully someone nabbed an avatar item.
dr_tomoe, August 7, 2022 12:00 AM NST
Missed it, I need to set a reminder.
apophis324, August 7, 2022 12:41 AM NST
@dr_tomoe: It always pays to stick around for an extra day. People in different time zones stretch the "first Saturday of the month" concept a little bit.

A-And.. I actually got the avatar. Like.. Like what? Not with anything too spectacular, just a Faded Bottled Light Faerie.. but still! Wow. Thanks everyone ^^
flamb0iant, August 7, 2022 3:19 PM NST
Hi all! I just cleaned up a bit at the Dump, and a Faded Bottled Earth Faerie appeared. It sat there for a bit of time so either 1) there's not that many folks at the Dump right now or 2) the folks that are there, are there to clean up
rosi, August 7, 2022 5:44 PM NST
@dave: thank you for your answer.
I tried logging into two of my side accounts and the password reset worked smooth.
I spent a considerable amount of time on my side accounts taking screenies, and I wasn't kicked out.
I encountered a small problem with my main, because I did briefly log in on August 1st before the forced password reset was activated, and thus my previous pw has been invalidated since then. However everything seems fine so far, so I hope all the people who are locked out of their accounts get this problem fixed soon.

Thank you so much Jellyneo staff and users for all your helpful comments
louie_yam, August 8, 2022 7:07 AM NST