It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Create your own wishlists!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Rubbish Dump Day, Saturday, July 2nd!
  • Posted on July 2, 2022, 12:00 am NST

Welcome to the 1st Saturday of the month: Rubbish Dump Day!

In April 2022, TNT updated the Rubbish Dump to increase the drop rate of "rubbish" eligible for the avatar. (And we've even seen some Hidden Tower items pop up that weren't previously confirmed as prizes!)

The Rubbish Dump is special in that items dropped there appear after a Neopian refreshes the dump. (In other words, refreshing the page gives you the chance to "donate" some rubbish to the queue.) The more people visiting and refreshing, the more rubbish dropped, and the more opportunities there are for avatar items to appear!

Starting now, and continuing all day, here's how you can gather and participate:

If you DON'T have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to generate rubbish!
  • Claim up to 8 pieces of rubbish to clear the way for more items to appear. (And make sure not to claim anything from the Money Tree or Second-Hand Shoppe... it's 10 items max from all 3 locations combined!)
  • To be safe from accidental clicks, save your last 2 rubbish claims for when an avatar item pops up. (You can claim up to 10 items from the Rubbish Dump per day.)
  • Review our guide to familiarize yourself with which items are eligible for the avatar.

If you DO have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to help generate rubbish! Even if you have the avatar, refreshing helps generate more "donations" that will show up later. (And that means more opportunities for avatar items to pop up!)
  • Claim up to 10 pieces of rubbish to help clear the way for avatar-eligible items to appear.
  • Be kind and leave the cheaper avatar-eligible items (like the Fading Bottled Faeries) for those who need the avatar! We won't mind, however, if you try sniping a Dung Catapult.

The more the merrier, so share this post with your Neofriends and guildmates!

As you participate, let us know in the comments what junk—or treasures—you've seen or picked up! And let us know if you get the avatar so we can celebrate with you.

Can't get enough rubbish? Mark your calendars and join us on the first Saturday of next month—August 6th—for our next Rubbish Dump Day!

omnidraconis, July 2, 2022 1:38 AM NST
30minutes refreshing and I only saw items from Meridell NPC,guess I am solo atm
hprox, July 2, 2022 2:54 AM NST
I remember the first one of these "started" at 10am, but I don't see a time listed here in this post. Is it now just an "all day" thing?
claytonskitten, July 2, 2022 4:06 AM NST
The Rubbish Dump

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'That's Not Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

FINALLY. Thank you JN for these monthly events! Gonna grab the rest of my 10 later today and hopefully help someone else out! (It's 4am Neo time, lol.)
apophis324, July 2, 2022 4:13 AM NST
@hprox: Seeing how visitors of Jellyneo live all over the world, I would assume one might as well check back the entire day ^-^
woodstocki, July 2, 2022 8:13 AM NST
Congrats Claytonskitten! I was wondering if this "scheme" really works, glad to hear it does. No luck for me today. Next time!
dave - JN Staff, July 2, 2022 8:38 AM NST
@hprox: Yes, they're all day to accommodate more time zones

It also makes sense doing it for 24 hours, as refreshing the dump now helps generate junk and avvie items for throughout the day.
claytonskitten, July 2, 2022 3:44 PM NST
@woodstocki -- it def works! A few friends of mine in the PC chat have been able to get the avvie as well during these monthly events. Someone even got it this morning right before I did!!
flamb0iant, July 2, 2022 3:52 PM NST
I saw a Dragoyle when I hopped on. Congrats, @claytonskitten!
minipup, July 2, 2022 5:39 PM NST
I got a baby haystack! exactly what I wanted, as a lover of all things baby! still no avatar tho...
singularity, July 2, 2022 9:44 PM NST
Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'That's Not Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Woot! Finally! Thanks to everyone who was helping out today! I'll be sure to pay it forward and keep collecting junk.
apophis324, July 3, 2022 12:30 AM NST
Congratulations on getting the avatar everyone. I was lucky enough to *see* a Turtum, but I didn't respond quick enough. I doubt I ever will
On to next month~!
infernodragon02, July 3, 2022 12:42 PM NST
I managed to get the av randomly a month or two ago outside of Rubbish day, so... it is definitely possible. Maybe easier when people aren't expecting to catch anything.