Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

TNT Altador Cup Staff Tournament Round 2
  • Posted on June 15, 2022, 5:22 am NST

The second round of this year's Staff Tournament has now started over at the Altador Cup, you will have until the end of day 20th June to select your team again.

If you selected Unknown as the Star Player for the last round, you will have received a new item as a prize:

pikachu315111, June 15, 2022 6:02 AM NST
Newcomers Dingo and Weirdough come out way ahead of the pack with the Forwards!

Though in Defenders & Goalie it's still veterans (and the expected ones too if you go by last year's scores) who remain on top.

Don't know if I would have picked Unkown as the Star Player, though I and many others would have at least had a chance IF WE WERE TOLD THE CATEGORIES! Ugh. And, seemingly, unless this year's Team Group Prize is a book for each other staffer (which would be a pretty cool idea), this looks like it may be a unique prize which makes the categories being unknown worst!
pikachu315111, June 15, 2022 6:03 AM NST
*Facepalm* Didn't realized I made a pun there.
bananas, June 15, 2022 6:52 AM NST
I don't know if others feel the same, but I feel so ripped off with Star Player picks. As you don't know what it is for AND (as far as I know) can only pick from your chosen team.

Seems this year is books for each Staff member playing.
infernodragon02, June 15, 2022 8:43 AM NST
Oh great, another exclusive, randomly-granted item that is going to be limited and hoarded.
infernodragon02, June 15, 2022 8:44 AM NST
Yeah I hate the star player thing. It's so poorly implemented.
contessa, June 15, 2022 10:05 AM NST
I agree with Pikachu - I did not even see a place to pick a star player, and I kept looking too!

Even so, that is not who I would have chosen so I guess it does not matter.
contessa, June 15, 2022 10:09 AM NST
OK, so I see the place to choose Star Player this time and I did. And Woo Hoo! All my Staff Players placed the highest!
dave - JN Staff, June 15, 2022 10:29 AM NST
> Although his glitch-catching noggin contains the know-how to turn this year's entire Staff Tournament upside down, this TNT Staffer's competitive spirit forbids him from taking advantage of any ~~cheats~~ exploits he might discover during this year's competition.

Well, if you won't do anything to stop the cheating running rampant through Neopia... I guess you just lean heavily into coyly making light of it. 🙃
_sissiy_sis_369, June 15, 2022 12:10 PM NST
Anyone else not able to change their team?
bodhi, June 15, 2022 12:15 PM NST
Staff: 2/5
Score: 8,747
joe - JN Staff, June 15, 2022 12:35 PM NST
@_sissiy_sis_369 after you click change team, you have to click one of your current team from the list and there will be a button to drop them. then it will allow you to add someone new.
_sissiy_sis_369, June 15, 2022 1:50 PM NST
The bottoms weren't popping up until I cleared my cache
nefarity, June 15, 2022 8:56 PM NST
*facepalm* I had Dingo in my team but changed to Rizzard.
apophis324, June 16, 2022 12:28 AM NST
They're giving away books this year?! BOOKS?! Don't they know that those will be impossible to aqcuire after the AC ends?! There goes my Blaze-savings again..
pikachu315111, June 16, 2022 1:41 AM NST
@ bananas:
How do you know everyone got books? I did the usual methods to see if I could find the other Staffer's books but nothing came up. This book also doesn't look like it would take longer than 30 minutes to whip up (especially if they already have a generic book template they just need to color in and slap a face on it).
sprite_83_4, June 16, 2022 2:11 AM NST
i was happy to see that i got 5/6!
dave - JN Staff, June 16, 2022 3:01 PM NST
@pikachu315111: Every Star Player prize since Star Player was introduced has been the same type of item themed to the staffers (bobbleheads, plushies, key rings, stress balls). So it'd be weird if they weren't all books this time.

That being said, if they continue following the precedent, all 18 staffer books will be available in the prize shop at the end.
apophis324, June 17, 2022 2:45 AM NST
@dave: Are you sure? If I recall correctly, the plushies in the Staff Tournament prize pool last year didn't include the Star Players that were awarded earlier.
whiffet, June 17, 2022 7:15 AM NST
Okay I CANNOT get my players to switch. I know how it's supposed to work as explained in a comment up above, but it's not letting me drop anybody. I tried on my usual Firefox (desktop) first. Then I tried Firefox Mobile while I was getting some SoSD in at work. Then I tried Chrome Desktop despite hating Chrome. Then I tried the "clearing your cache" advice. Nothing has worked.

I'm giving up and keeping my old team instead. It's not SO bad since I had 5/6 best choices and even have Dingo, but it's still very annoying.
dave - JN Staff, June 17, 2022 2:12 PM NST
@apophis324: Nope, all 18 staffer plushies last year were included in the prize shop

Only the first year with bobbleheads didn't have Star Player bobbles available in the final shop. All subsequent years had the Star Player items available to buy.
apophis324, June 18, 2022 12:47 AM NST
@dave: Hmm. A lapse in my memory. My apologies, I'll get to work on that right away. *gets a monkey wrench* It's a good thing though, I need the NPs
logicalwhimsy, June 18, 2022 6:06 AM NST
As much as I find the cheating joke tasteless, old TNT did release the Randomly Firing Freeze Ray as weapon. Which I still find... surprising.

I'm more annoyed about the Editorial (for Neopian Times Issue 962). Motor just assaulted a journalist. That's just not funny.
contessa, June 22, 2022 5:40 AM NST
Yippee! I correctly chose the Staff Player this week!

Neomail from TNT:

Congratulations, you guessed it right! Here is your prize for correctly predicting Dingo as the Star Player of Round 2.
coryldork, June 22, 2022 9:54 AM NST
I chose Dingo exclusively for hairstyle. I think this time I'm going to pick a longer-term staff member! Last year's categories were: rookie, newcomer, veteran, most-improved rookie. I've got no hard evidence for them repeating similar themes, but... I wouldn't put it past them.