Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Quiggle Day Roundup
  • Posted on June 13, 2022, 2:03 pm NST

To celebrate Quiggle Day, a new colour is now active:

Stealthy

A new set of super fan clothing is also now available:

biediep, June 13, 2022 2:23 PM NST
Ohhh Stealthy is not bad! Not bad at all!
& I bet that new mouth wearable will look adorable.
problematicperiplum, June 13, 2022 2:25 PM NST
The mouth is gonna be really useful. Wish we had more stuff like it.
clock_flower, June 13, 2022 2:51 PM NST
Oh my gosh, they did it! They found a way to bring back the classic Quiggle mouth as a wearable! a lot of people were requesting it in the suggestions board, and they found a way to incorporate it!
1jediboy, June 13, 2022 3:46 PM NST
It is gorgeous, and I am grateful for such a beautifully-designed colour, but what's the point of the Pet Day Suggestions board if they're going to go their own route anyway?

The majority of people asked for the Maraquan Quiggle designed by Chantili_Doce. ~Renpi

I believe a close second was Juicy_Jewson's Candy Quiggle. ~Xmmo

Now we have to wait a whole YEAR for the pet day for the POSSIBILITY of Chanty's Mara Quiggle or Juicy's Candy Quiggle to be chosen!
ziporen, June 13, 2022 4:19 PM NST
They /do/ go with the majority suggestions, and they aren't obligated to follow every request exactly. It's a board for staff to gather ideas from, not determine exactly what will release over the next month. There are tons of players who don't post on the suggestion boards -- many don't even know that the boards exist.

As long as the colors being released fit Neo conceptually and are well drawn, I'm content, even if none of my own suggestions are picked. (Though depending on the pet, I may be a little sad. Until next year, Potato Chia...)
dave - JN Staff, June 13, 2022 4:55 PM NST
Aww a Potato Chia sounds great.
umbra, June 13, 2022 5:25 PM NST
I had no idea others missed the classic quiggle mouth as much as I did. This is fantastic
inkpot, June 13, 2022 5:38 PM NST
yeah, i like TNT doing their own stuff and THEN maybe every once in a while include user-made content. what the ppl vote for on the suggestions board shouldn't be taken as what MAJORITY wants when it's just a handful of players voting there, especially when it comes to user-made content.
surferboard_girl, June 13, 2022 5:52 PM NST
I’m not a Quiggle person but this is fun! And that mouth is amazing!

Just checked out ~Xmmo’s page and omg the toy JubJub is AMAZING.
1jediboy, June 13, 2022 6:41 PM NST
If I seem unsatisfied in any way, it's only because of how much I love the User-Made content when it comes out. Chanty's Maraqua Pets are all amazing and I just want them to happen as soon as possible.

This Stealthy Quiggle is absolutely brilliant!

@inkpot - Every single user should be voting there. There should be a link to the board in the News when it comes out. Everyone's voice should be heard when it comes to pet colours.
biediep, June 13, 2022 9:19 PM NST
User created content/suggestions are amazing; I too adore the MQ and Candy Quiggles created by users! But TNT would probably be considered (even more) lazy if they just took design after design from players and not come up with their own anymore I like the mix of their own designs and some user designs here and there. Hoping we do get the MQ Peophin next month!
apophis324, June 13, 2022 11:41 PM NST
I'm glad there are people who are happy with these designs.. but I think they're so bad.. (what else is new? XD).

That super fan outfit looks ridiculous. Maybe it's the wig-mouth combination that's just not working for me, maybe I just think the wig is ugly.. Doesn't exactly scream super fan to me. If they weren't holding that sign (that by the way is improperly angled) one wouldn't even know it was a fan of anything!

As for Stealthy.. I like the colour overall, but something feels off about the face area again. It looks like the Quiggle has a nose.. under their nose? I think the mask looks a bit meh as well. Could've gone with a TMNT-inspired look. What Stealthy character would wear a bright red Eastern dragon head (who, from the looks of it, lost its dentures) on their torso?
ducky - JN Staff, June 14, 2022 2:28 AM NST
That super fan outfit looks ridiculous.

And that's why it works on quiggles

Quiggles also already have TMNT themed outfit so I having another would have been meh (like Kelpbeard Koi clothing is literally same than RB koi)

We also have stealthy kau with BELL and stealthy uni with METAL parts.. that doesnt' sound very stealthy.

I like eyemask because quiggles cannot wear hats/wigs)
But not like...I'd ever have quiggle, they are my husband's thing.
apophis324, June 14, 2022 3:51 AM NST
@ducky: Yeah, I guess you're right on it working for Quiggles.

I wasn't aware of there being TMNT-themed oufits, for it's not something I'd look into. I guess I was just reminded of a classic Raphael with that red mask and clear eyes combo.

Metal parts aren't actually too weird for a stealthy outfit. Nothing wrong with a bit of protection. If you had opted for pointing out the Stealthy Xweetok, then you would have been correct But for that outfit I too complained that it wasn't Stealthy. They should've just called it Shenkuuan or something...
ducky - JN Staff, June 17, 2022 9:50 AM NST
Well you cannot really be stealthy with metal on your clothes

Yeah while Xwee is nice, it's another that's clothing isn't that stealthy.

Red & Blue (like shoyrus) just always remind me of Shinobi games.

I love everything blue so stealthy pets are my weakness ( I have Kau, Vanda, Chomby, Hissi)