Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Help us model your pets!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Island Builders Altador Cup Event
  • Posted on June 9, 2022, 4:55 am NST

Today another limited time event has begun in Island Builders - themed to the Altador Cup! To cheer up the Dacardian Yooyuball team who missed attending this year's Altador Cup, the island is celebrating! This event will run until June 30th.

This event is another reskin of the old Crabby Capsule mechanic, as was the case with May's Easter event. You will be finding Yooyuballs hidden across the island and opening them to reveal medals, which can be exchanged for exclusive prizes in the app. In addition, there are bonus prizes for opening Yooyuballs, up to a Yooyu as the reward for opening 200. This will be the first Petpet available in the Island Builders app, as the Buzzer advertised for the Easter event was never actually claimable.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! This event also has exclusive on site rewards:

You earn the stamp by simply beginning the event in game (you will need to progress in the game far enough to unlock Ariel and build the Festival Plaza building, and will also need to complete any active quests you may have from Skippi). The cap is awarded for completing the event's introductory quest with Skippi. Neither gives a notification in game, but you will get a neomail on site when you earn them. As a reminder, this is a limited time event so these rewards will only be available until June 30th.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Previously limited time events have only been available in the Android version of the game, but this one is also available on iOS devices. Up until this point, iOS have had limited builds available through the TestFlight app, but the Island Builders app is now live on the main app store. If you were previously playing through TestFlight, you will need to download the app via the main app store, no update will display in TestFlight. This marks the end of the beta stage for the app! Only two years later. This also means that paid features of the app are now live on iOS.

Update: It appears that the iOS may be limited by country, and the United States is not part of the initial release group. We'll update you if that changes. To test if you have access, you can follow this link.

At the moment, it seems the progression glitch that blocked completion of the Easter event has been fixed. If we learn otherwise, we'll let you know.

swevin, June 9, 2022 5:53 AM NST
I just downloaded this game again. I can't seem to connect to Google Play to start where I left it long ago. Anyone else have this issue?
terragainsborough, June 9, 2022 6:07 AM NST
I can’t find the non-Testflight iOS version on the App Store. How do I get it?
contessa, June 9, 2022 6:12 AM NST
*Sigh* another game that is mobile only.
swevin, June 9, 2022 6:26 AM NST
Now I can't even log in. The game gets stuck at 100% and the crab just walks back and forth. Tried to restart the mobile but no luck. What kind of shit is this?
premium17, June 9, 2022 7:31 AM NST
Wait ? We can tie our neo accounts to this game and earn rewards ? Must have missed that part. Even if so who has time to do this in the middle of the cup
pium_vergilius, June 9, 2022 7:46 AM NST
I can't even find the game in the Play Store
sketch, June 9, 2022 7:47 AM NST
My game won't load either, though it did load first time when i redownloaded the game and my account wasn't connected...

If we start a new game and get past that event to be eligible for the rewards THEN connect our account will we still be awarded the items??
parody_ham, June 9, 2022 8:07 AM NST
It says my phone isn't compatible with the game, wah D:
lordofbaltimore, June 9, 2022 8:40 AM NST
Does this mean if I have iOS and am in the US than I cannot get the stamp?
blue_star_51, June 9, 2022 9:00 AM NST
Does anyone know what are the specs needed to install it on Android? It seems my phone is not compatible.
apophis324, June 9, 2022 9:23 AM NST
I won't bother checking if I can play this game. That's just another stamp I won't ever get in my collection I'm afraid..
biediep, June 9, 2022 10:08 AM NST
Yea I re-installed it after having deleted it forever ago.
When I linked my account again it told me "conflict in data" or something and that I "had to choose" which save data I wanted to use except I got no option to choose; it switched back to my old data automatically, which was great but when I rebooted the game, I got stuck at the 100% loading bar so I deleted and re-installed AGAIN, and re-linked my Neo account again, got the same "error" as before but this time it didn't give me my old save data back so now I'm back at the tutorial :/ And as soon as I close the game, it won't load ever again, forever getting stuck at that 100% loading bar.

Maybe not release new prizes for a game that's so terribly broken lmao. I'm on Android, btw.
alltimemarr, June 9, 2022 10:09 AM NST
Why release on-site items when it's not even available for iOS users.. way to go _again_, smh.
biediep, June 9, 2022 10:28 AM NST
I've deleted and re-installed the game a few more times but now, whenever I go to link my account, the "back" button does not respond and I cannot get back to the game -_- Closing and rebooting will, of course, result in it getting stuck at the 100% load bar again...
verdego, June 9, 2022 11:37 AM NST
Those are some pixels - why do these items look like they were drawn in MS Paint?
kaimactrash, June 9, 2022 11:45 AM NST
I managed to get into the game, but couldn't get the event, its been sometime since I built my island, or played it, so I'm not sure what is called "the town square" but I definitely have ariel, but can't seem to get the event started.
dr_tomoe, June 9, 2022 12:06 PM NST
They haven't learned their lesson about making exclusive stamps available only to the mobile game >.<
pium_vergilius, June 9, 2022 12:24 PM NST
I have the Festival Plaza, but the event is not starting?
I also have a mission "Yooyu Shoot, Yooyu Score" that says collect a capsule, but I collect 1 (have to pay some neggs because a "Crabby HQ" (?) is full?), and it's still there
absolutejudith, June 9, 2022 12:29 PM NST
I live in the USA. Can I play this game I purchase a tablet? And if so, what should I get??
pium_vergilius, June 9, 2022 12:30 PM NST
I managed to play it in an android emulator
myflickyflapp, June 9, 2022 12:33 PM NST
I live in the US and have iOS. The app isn't searchable in the app store.

When I click on Jellyneo's link on my phone, it says "App Not Available. This app is currently not available in your country or region." Booo.
eleanorrigby, June 9, 2022 12:55 PM NST
Well, this is what it took for me to finally download the app (since I'm lucky enough to be able to do that), so I get WHY they're doing it, but I wish they weren't. I really don't like the game so far; sometimes it bugs out in a way that confuses me, and beyond that, I'm not sure that I get it? idk, I'll play enough to get the stamp, probably.
wolfangel1626, June 9, 2022 1:36 PM NST
what i do not understand is their largest player base probably has IOS and lives in the US... do not release event exclusive prizes if not everyone can play... been beta testing since release and honestly i played for like a week and then stopped, i have tried going back to it several times but idk i do not like waiting games.
minner2006, June 9, 2022 1:57 PM NST
Highly irritating.

iPhone and iPad both say "App Not Available. This app is currently not available in your country or region"
VPN doesn't help.

And on my S9, the app comes up - but says "this app is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad."

howdareyoufreezeme1 - JN Staff, June 9, 2022 2:17 PM NST
@minner2006 if you have an S9 just search the Play Store.
quailbat - JN Staff, June 9, 2022 2:48 PM NST
@sketch No, unfortunately if you link your game after you've passed the different points that award items, you will not retroactively receive the items - mega bummer. It looks like maybe the Lania Plushie is now awarded for just linking an account and not reaching Level 2 - unverified though.
minner2006, June 9, 2022 3:20 PM NST
@howdareyoufreezeme1 - found it...thank you!
S9 is hubby's old phone...I'm android challenged

@quailbat - I was just awarded the Lania Plushie for linking my account.
shad0wofadoubt, June 9, 2022 6:30 PM NST
I have a Pixel 6 and everything is working very smoothly with the occasional bug when moving items around on the map. Overall I'd say it's a pretty well thought out game. It gives habitarium vibes. Just got the stamp for progressing through the Yooyuball event.
plagiarise, June 9, 2022 6:51 PM NST
How do you get the cap please? Skippi is not asking me anything. I have found yooyus, traded them. Not sure what else to do.
plagiarise, June 9, 2022 7:22 PM NST
I have also placed the yooyuball and painted the Festival Plaza. No cap for me.
plagiarise, June 9, 2022 7:41 PM NST
Never mind, it came through.
surferboard_girl, June 9, 2022 9:34 PM NST
I tried looking it up in the App Store and can’t find it at all. How annoying and I don’t have the patience to try and figure it out for a stamp. As much as I’d like to have that for my album.
apophis324, June 10, 2022 12:26 AM NST
@verdego: Oi, what's wrong with MS Paint? I'm a self-proclaimed pixel artist who works in nothing but MS Paint!
apophis324, June 10, 2022 12:29 AM NST
Ah, it also appears my old Samsung is just too old to even download this game. Phooey.
I'm not too sure I mind though, seeing how many features this app wants access to. Why does it need to read my phone status and identity and the contents of my USB storage?
premium17, June 10, 2022 11:42 AM NST
Anybody tried using bluestack ?
yekith, June 10, 2022 12:01 PM NST
I was up to date with the game, but I had lots of trouble after the Christmas event and it got worse after the Easter one. It seemed fixed but...something must still be weird cause I'm not getting anything in my NP account. Maybe the fact that the paint rollers that should have disappeared long ago are still i my "bag"? I dunno what to do. Have the plaza thing, did what Skippi said, got a yyb, placed it. The crabby HQ like someone else said, doesn't work and it always says it's full.
yekith, June 10, 2022 12:20 PM NST
I see that I still have Skippi asking me to adquiere a capsule. I adquiere many and converted them to medals. It's not registering.
yekith, June 10, 2022 12:52 PM NST
@Premium Although I now have a phone where it works, I've also always played on an emulator. BlueStacks first, then LDPlayer. For many many versions it had stopped loading in those but it started loading again recently.
zixianna, June 10, 2022 3:20 PM NST
@premium17 Definitely works on Bluestacks. It would never load on my phone, and I can't imagine how tiny it would look if I did, so I exclusively played it on Bluestacks.
sprite_83_4, June 10, 2022 5:41 PM NST
i’m assuming this event doesn’t work in the testflight ios app? what a shame, i wanted the ugly stamp.

i rlly don’t think the non-beta version of island builders is going to be available in the united states by the time this event is over tbh.
mhoffmann, June 10, 2022 10:50 PM NST
It is just soooo shitty that it was fine for me to beta test for them, but when there is in site rewards "this app is not available in your region"
ilovedachshunds, June 10, 2022 11:40 PM NST
Those who can't get the game to load can buy the stamp on the Trading Post.
biediep, June 11, 2022 3:12 AM NST
Sent in a ticket last night (through the support button in the app) and got a response almost immediately. They asked for my town name and PlayFab(?) ID and when I woke up this morning, I was able to load the game and play, with my old save data that I thought I had lost. So for anyone who's still having loading issues, it might be worth a shot to contact support!
surferboard_girl, June 11, 2022 12:47 PM NST
Auction prices for that stamp are already wild. So tired of not being able to just GET stamps because they're introduced in the most asinine ways.
inkpot, June 11, 2022 2:59 PM NST
i'm glad i'm not the only one having problems loading the game. joining the "stuck at 100% crew" i guess.
quailbat - JN Staff, June 11, 2022 4:54 PM NST
@minner2006 - thank you, updated the guide for that plushie requirement!

@sprite_83_4 it is no longer in testflight at all because it's not in beta for iOS anymore - it's available via the App Store, but for certain countries only for now (unless you use an emulator as has been suggested)

Agree they should not have released a stamp this way. My account wasn't linked prior to starting the event so I didn't get it Hooray for the stupid hat though....
surferboard_girl, June 11, 2022 5:36 PM NST
Also unsure if it's available in Canada? I'm searching in the Apple Store and nada
eleanorrigby, June 11, 2022 6:03 PM NST
Okay, it took a couple days, but the game has grown on me, and I now think it's okay. Still encounter lots of bugs, though.

Anyway, it didn't take long to get to and complete the event, starting from scratch, so if it does get to iOS in the US during the event time, hopefully people will be able to manage. I also think the prizes should have had their order switched-- the hat for starting, the stamp for finishing-- and I can't help but wonder if the order they ended up being granted in was on purpose or by accident.
terragainsborough, June 11, 2022 7:16 PM NST

---

Slap in the face. I got to level 15 in the beta and now I can't get the best reward so far? Really angry about this.
nefarity, June 11, 2022 8:07 PM NST
Had enough of AC for today, so thought I'd re-download the game to get the stamp. Got it, but oof, that really drained my battery.

Really unfair of TNT to release a stamp that not everyone can get, but that's par for the course for them.
ilovedachshunds, June 11, 2022 9:56 PM NST
Everyone can get it. It can be purchased from the Trading Post. Prices are coming down as more people earn the stamp.
ladymoreta, June 12, 2022 2:52 AM NST
I played a while ago, then it wouldn't work and I deleted game. Reinstalled and linked game. Now I'm stuck.

I'm at level 5. I find a capsule and am given the option to wait or start. Nothing happens and game freezes. I also can't seem to make things e.g. Omelettes, it won't accept items and the same with the power plant. There is a YYB stadium to build but this is greyed out, so can't build. Any ideas?
mandypandy667, June 12, 2022 4:41 AM NST
I've got the event on my app and have tapped on three yooyus but nothing seems to happen with them and I can't tap on the crabby building thing
ilovedachshunds, June 12, 2022 10:15 AM NST
I think you have to build the Festival Plaza. If you are on Level 5 and cannot build it, I think you have to progress a little further in the story before it is unlocked.
sprite_83_4, June 12, 2022 11:30 AM NST
@quailbat~ ah yes, you are correct. i just checked testflight and island builders is no longer showing up. thank you for your answer!

for those of you that are in the US or any other country where the game isn’t in the app store, and you still have the beta version downloaded, are you able to participate in the event? or is this event only for those select few who can find it in the main app store? i’m just rlly curious
sprite_83_4, June 12, 2022 11:32 AM NST
^^unless beta is completely unplayable now? srry i’m just confused lol
infernodragon02, June 12, 2022 11:48 AM NST
Rewards for a game I can't even download. I see they learned a lot from last time.

Makes me want to quit.
ilovedachshunds, June 12, 2022 12:38 PM NST
It is quite unfortunate that some can't download the game, since I think it's fun.
quailbat - JN Staff, June 12, 2022 2:03 PM NST
@surferboard_girl - it does not appear to be available in Canada for iOS currently

@ladymoreta - The Yooyuball Arena is not buildable like normal right away, it's awarded through the event after opening 100 Yooyu Capsules. It's a bit misleading how it shows up in the Crabulator Blueprints, but that's why it's greyed out - and once it has been earned it will be colorful and buildable. If you click on the building name there, or while greyed out you can click on any part of it in the blueprints menu, you'll see a popup with more info that states it's unlocked from the AC event.
And indeed the Festival Plaza is needed before you can actually participate and progress through the AC quest line.

@sprite_83_4 - The event is only available on the current version of the game (v1.3.9) which would require updating from the beta version to participate. We've heard it's easy to create an additional apple ID that "lives" in one of the countries where the app is currently available that would then enable download of the current version. I have Android so haven't tested though and don't know if you can have multiple apple IDs on a single device - please beware and research before proceeding!
sprite_83_4, June 12, 2022 3:42 PM NST
@quailbat~ ohh that makes sense, thank you again!! i’m in the US and deleted the beta version a long time ago so i was wondering if i had kept it, if i would be able to participate in the event but i guess not lol
it may be possible to create another apple ID but i’m probably not going to bother with it tbh
thank you for taking the time to answer, i appreciate it ^_^
ladymoreta, June 13, 2022 3:19 AM NST
@quailbat - JN Staff Thank you for the help. I think the game is just screwed on my phone, as I can't make any of the 'crafting buildings' work. I can't get to level 6, where the plaza might open up for me. I might try Bluestacks.
ladymoreta, June 13, 2022 8:47 AM NST
Tried Bluestacks and still had the same issues. Also it was very slow on my PC. Don't think I will ever get that stamp
br1ttany, June 13, 2022 2:14 PM NST
I tried Bluestacks and the game just runs horribly slow
umbra, June 13, 2022 4:59 PM NST
Does anyone know if the Power Gem Background or Crystal Plateau Dacardian Shield are still available from the app? And if so, how you get them?

I just got the stamp (and the Lania plushie) today with a new game I started yesterday. I think for the stamp you just need to reach level 5 and start the altador event. Not sure about how to get the Team Dacardia Hat yet.
umbra, June 13, 2022 5:32 PM NST
Never mind, I got the hat. I think there was just a slight delay. I think you get it for buying the yooyuball decor item in the game, thereby completing the mission they gave you. Or maybe for using the paint brush they reward you with to re-style the event plaza
dreww355, June 13, 2022 8:41 PM NST
FYI - I got an update today on iOS for the Test Flight version of the game and it now has the AC event. Anyone who previously accessed it through Test Flight, but can't download the live version in their country, should be able to participate.
androidturret, June 13, 2022 9:34 PM NST
How long has this game been out again? I came back to it for the stamp and it's even glitchier than before somehow
hprox, June 13, 2022 11:55 PM NST
Like dreww355, I was able to get the AC event on the updated TestFlight version of the game on iOS in the US. I received my items already.

androidrturret: about two years?
ducky - JN Staff, June 14, 2022 2:14 AM NST
1.3.9 version seems to load much, much quickier than 1.3.5. It probably took 5-7 mins to load earlier and now it's about a minute (similar to Pocket Camp load times)

It still is laggy with commands.

(I wondered where my event is until I realised I needed to update) And I had played game earlier, haven't touched it probably for a year and had to do everything again and link my account again. It doesn't show saved there but got the Plushie.

It is indeedy sucky that they added stamp thru this but ...probably that album will never fill anwaysy since they don't get any other albums filled either since they only release event stamps.. mostly. Yeah.
dillpickles, June 15, 2022 2:48 PM NST
I'm just gonna say right now...the yooyu petpet is super cute. I might have spent some time just watching it chase the Neopet it was assigned to around.
will - JN Staff, June 16, 2022 6:30 AM NST
@ladymoreta & br1ttany - if BlueStacks is running it slowly try lowering the frame rate of the instance. I had to bring mine down to 20 FPS for the game to become playable.

You can find that setting by clicking the gear in the sidebar and it's"frame rate" under performance.
ladymoreta, June 17, 2022 6:47 AM NST
Well after removing myself from the Beta test, I reloaded the 'normal' game and everything seemed fine. I then linked it to Neopets and it all went 'Tits up'. I still have all the same issues. I'm hoping that they can wipe out all my previous game play, and I'll start again. I only have one Neopets account, so I need to be able to play it and link it successfully. I'm hoping that someone will be able to help on the Neopets Support side soon.
indigosparkles, June 17, 2022 4:36 PM NST
I am in the situation where I had the app back when I owned an Android, however, have since switched to an iPhone and missed the window to sign up for beta. Looks like I will be missing out on the stamp unless they make the app more accessible to those on iOS who didn’t get the chance to sign up through TestFlight.
yekith, June 26, 2022 2:53 PM NST
For those having trouble with Bluestacks (especially if it's version 5), Bluestacks 4 uses less RAM. If that's still too much, I recommend LDPlayer instead.