Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Zelda
AC17 Brings -No- Ranking Updates
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on June 6, 2022, 12:18 am NST

Update: Ahem...apparently I completely misremembered last year's numbers. The ranking numbers and max games per day are the same as in previous years. Sorry for the confusion! No more numbers for Zelda at midnight!

In other news, CAPTCHAs do appear to have been reinstated, as players are occasionally receiving failed validation notifications.

This year's Altador Cup has officially begun!

One big change you may notice this year concerns the ranking system. The number of points required to level up has been halved, making higher ranks more accessible to more players this year. This was a highly requested change, and it's great to see TNT incorporating our feedback!

You can track your ranking progress more easily than ever by going to the Colosseum home page and scrolling down to the "Your Stats" section. The yellow rank button will show you a popup detailing the exact number of rank points you have and the number of games you need to reach any specified rank.

Another highly requested change this year was the return of CAPTCHAs for increased game security and tournament fairness. We'll keep you posted as we find out whether this suggestion was also implemented for the 17th Cup.

Best of luck to all of you this year!

apophis324, June 6, 2022 12:51 AM NST
Currently 11 games in. Scored 83 goals. 2826 of those were made by Oten Runeu~! Star player here ^^
apophis324, June 6, 2022 1:20 AM NST
Ah, wait, I think I see what the problem is. Elon's name is so large, they mix his and Oten's amount of goals scored into one. Very strange..
It's not counting saves either. Great new lay-out, TNT~!
nefarity, June 6, 2022 2:03 AM NST
Ugh, Slushie Slinger is awfully laggy.
biediep, June 6, 2022 4:23 AM NST
Still absolutely hate the Flashless versions of the games..
I used to love reaching All-Star, but now I can barely stay motivated enough to reach the first rank x_x The controls are awful, the hitboxes of the goalies in both YYB and SOSD make zero sense and the fact that you have to wait 10 seconds per SOSD game before you can end and send.. Ugh.

Well, that's me and my mini rant.
Hope everyone else is having more fun than I am xD
karen_mckenzie, June 6, 2022 6:16 AM NST
Goalie "saves" recorded are when the goalie charges up a really hard ball and shoots it directly into the opponents' net
sketch, June 6, 2022 6:55 AM NST
CAPTCHAs were highly requested?? That'll get real annoying if we have to do it before each game
ziporen, June 6, 2022 6:57 AM NST
Is it actually halved?? It seems to list the same numbers as last year for me. :/
purplebin, June 6, 2022 7:14 AM NST
There doesn't seem to be any way to play in low resolution now. This makes the games very laggy for me. I might not bother even trying for All Star this year. I think the top prizes are going to be VERY expensive to buy!
zaitoutau, June 6, 2022 7:39 AM NST
I have an actual gaming computer this year, so I was hopeful that the games would work okay lol. let's see if it can handle heckin' slushier slinger bc seeing these comments gives me very little hope
faellie_ridiculous, June 6, 2022 8:01 AM NST
Was always an All Star until last year. I barely played. This year is not any better. Shootout Showdown does not even load for me. Slushie Slinger is lagging. Make Some Noise does not register bonus points. And YYB is even worse. But not sure I even care that much. I seem to be over the AC and all its drama and glitches. For those playing and enjoying, I hope all goes well for you.
recklesse, June 6, 2022 8:26 AM NST
The ranking page at the coliseum says I need 734 wins at YYB to reach All Star.

That's no change from last year, is it?

Alternatively I can play 8,800 games of SOSD or MSN, or 2,260 of Slushie Slinger.

Where is the info that they are being lowered? Because TNT haven't updated their system to reflect it.
ilovedachshunds, June 6, 2022 9:24 AM NST
For me, it still says 8800 points for All-Star.
pancaketime, June 6, 2022 9:32 AM NST
It's the same number of points to All Star for me, and I'm not seeing any mention of changes to the points when skimming the rules or FAQ.
targoefista, June 6, 2022 9:55 AM NST
It does look out like the minimum score for Make some Noise has changed, though. I've managed to submit with as low as 1500, and I think I had one that was ~1400. Unsure though.
ninjarapter4444, June 6, 2022 10:00 AM NST
> The ranking numbers and max games per day are the same as in previous years.

Oh my gosh you lifted my hopes just to bring them crashing back down :'(

Happy AC everyone, go Lost Desert!
kingloui17, June 6, 2022 10:04 AM NST
Ugh..... I actually got semi-excited to play this year, but not anymore.
sketch, June 6, 2022 10:39 AM NST
Ugh all these invalid sessions so 1 score outta 2 isn't counted
hdawg1995, June 6, 2022 10:48 AM NST
i can't tell if i'm rusty or was just never good at these games, but i'm having a blast so far this year!
Go Team Virtupets!
i_love_latin - JN Staff, June 6, 2022 11:30 AM NST
> Oh my gosh you lifted my hopes just to bring them crashing back down :'(

Me too, ninjarapter4444. Me too.
aimeemarie1992, June 6, 2022 11:33 AM NST
GO TEAM FAERIELAND!
biediep, June 6, 2022 12:47 PM NST
"You've raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Bravo!"
targoefista, June 6, 2022 12:57 PM NST
Just a warning, it seems like you can send Slishie Slinger and Make Some Noise games which have scores which are too low to be valid. It looks like it counts toward your total games but does not count towards a rank up as no points are scored. At least, that’s what I am experiencing.
nefarity, June 6, 2022 1:07 PM NST
Weird that the games are really slow on my PC, but work fine on my samsung tablet. I can't even make 150 points on Slushie Slinger on PC, but I can't send scores on tablet, either. It just restarts the game when I tap send score (maybe the buttons are misaligned?). So frustrating.
At least Shootout Showdown works on both.
purplebin, June 6, 2022 2:01 PM NST
The SS and MSN scores could always be sent too low, and although I caught most of them before sending, or realized right away that I had and made a note of it, I usually play at least a few games more at the end to get to any point goal.
maxgarou, June 6, 2022 4:40 PM NST
Last year due to work related issues I didn't even bother to play. I wanted to come back to AC this year, but it's extremely laggy.
The goalie in SSOD moves at regular speed while the ball moves at snail speed.
It seems I'm not playing this year either.
bodhi, June 6, 2022 6:24 PM NST
CAPTCHAs are a pain the [expletive] tail.
katina_choovanski, June 6, 2022 10:44 PM NST
I HIGHLY doubt that the evil pestilence called CAPTCHAS are requested-highly or otherwise. Bunch of lying buttheads. NOBODY WANTS Captchas!
claytonskitten, June 7, 2022 6:37 AM NST
I'll be lucky to reach Rank 1 this year... the lag is TERRIBLE. I feel so badly for my 10yr old daughter; she just joined Neopets and this is her 1st Cup.
zuniak, June 7, 2022 1:01 PM NST
Who asked for captcha? they are making me refresh the page everytime i play or i get an error if i try 2 in a row, horrible
josie, June 7, 2022 4:39 PM NST
I used to love the AC, disliked it last year, and now I hate it. The captchas are taking the fun out of everything. I'm playing to rank 1, so I don't get a stupid participation medal, and that will be it for me. The only thing I will still play is the Staff Tournament.
tygercan, June 7, 2022 10:23 PM NST
The converted versions of the AC games are infinitely harder than the original flash versions. I thought I remembered last year wrong and my keyboard was acting up, but things are just as buggy and laggy as last year.
It's nearly impossible to time your goals in Shootout and you just have to spam, and you still have to wait for that annoying period of time between sending score.
MSN misses inputs and bonus keys just don't appear some rounds.
Slushie is glitched to altador theme and after a round, all orders are glitched to display zenana. Lots of input lag and missed inputs make it easy to lose.
I feel bad for my brother who was trying to return to neopets again, this was his favorite event during the flash era.
contessa, June 7, 2022 10:45 PM NST
AND... on top of what tygercan said, now I am getting the "502 Bad Gateway" page every other time and then whatever you were doing is just...gone.

GRRRR
contessa, June 7, 2022 10:55 PM NST
Now the whole site is down
roshchodesh, June 8, 2022 4:08 AM NST
Oh so close Ooh so close Ooh so close Ooooh so clo--
*puts on Netflix*
alltimemarr, June 9, 2022 10:08 AM NST
The games are so laggy/slow/awful this year. I don't know how it was last year. But I'm not playing anymore.. I which Flash was still a thing lmao.