Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Create your own wishlists!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Altador Cup Signups
  • Posted on May 26, 2022, 1:04 pm NST

Signups for the Altador Cup are now open! You can now pick your favourite team to represent. You may need to clear your cache in order to correctly sign up if you visited the pre-tournament press page earlier today. As with the pre-tournament press, all pages are now mobile responsive.

A new year means a new sign up prize for those who have participated in the maximum number of previous Cups:

The new countdown on the main page indicates that the Cup will begin this year on June 6th. At this stage, it does not appear as if there have been any changes to last year's format. It is unconfirmed at the moment, but captchas may be back on games this year!

rachelcz1, May 26, 2022 1:10 PM NST
so far yyb is unplayable! I tried the practice game.
galifan, May 26, 2022 1:15 PM NST
Not signing up this year. Last year I found the games unplayable and they appear to be unimproved this year. Good luck to the devoted!
kukuguzu, May 26, 2022 1:27 PM NST
go darigan!!
all the games seem to be working for me this year
topaz644, May 26, 2022 1:32 PM NST
SS is so slow for me. unplayable. I may have to try it on chrome but its such a pain, going back and forth between browsers.
jagaleigh, May 26, 2022 1:35 PM NST
No Shoyru in the background, of course. *smh*
roshchodesh, May 26, 2022 2:53 PM NST
but the NC works just fine
biediep, May 26, 2022 3:07 PM NST
Gotta stick with my team KD, but if the games are as horrible as they were last year, it'll be another participation trophy for me.. which is so sad after so many All-Star trophies T_T
kiriska, May 26, 2022 3:09 PM NST
lol, AC darigan frame glitches customisation previews so only the frame is visible (even though static images properly show the rest of the customisation on save) so I can't preview the team pride items in the NC store while wearing the frame. Glad to see nothing is fixed, still.
contessa, May 26, 2022 4:53 PM NST
Signed up for Team Lost Desert as I have done every single year since the very beginning! I got the bonus background too. I just hope that the games will be easier to play this year, with no intrusive site verifications or annoying captchas...
kyrette, May 26, 2022 5:27 PM NST
Meh, even if it's unplayable like last year I still signed up to support LD. Got a bonus item so that's nice.
mariquita225, May 26, 2022 5:28 PM NST
Signed up for Haunted Woods for the lucky 13th time.
Haunted Woods, we got the goods!
GO ZO!
nefarity, May 26, 2022 10:00 PM NST
Aww, I was hoping we'd get a new team-specific sign up prize, because we've had the frames since 2011.
Go team DC!
hdawg1995, May 27, 2022 12:15 AM NST
GO TEAM VIRTUPETS!
apophis324, May 27, 2022 12:15 AM NST
*shouts over everyone so nobody can hear their cries for support of the team of their choice* GO TEAM MARAQUA! THIS IS YOUR YEAR!!

Maybe. Probably not. Game's rigged anyway
Best of luck everyone!
zeelink, May 27, 2022 12:51 AM NST
Lost Desert for me, hope the cheaters eff off because last year was not fun The games are working pretty well for me on desktop.
heaveaway05, May 27, 2022 5:51 AM NST
100 Jordles! WOOT! WOOT!
minidriver, May 27, 2022 8:10 AM NST
Signed up for Team Shenkuu again, which means we'll probably zen our way to midpack as usual.
1jediboy, May 27, 2022 11:11 AM NST
@Heaveaway05 - Awesome! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
bodhi, May 27, 2022 12:21 PM NST
Shenkuu, and for my reward for my 11th year, I got a beetle for my album.
pikachu315111, May 27, 2022 1:55 PM NST
GO MERIDELL!
aimeemarie1992, May 27, 2022 3:07 PM NST
Wow love that background, it’ll go great in my Slushie gallery one day! Go Team Faerieland!
rosi, May 27, 2022 4:56 PM NST
I tried playing YYB and SOSD but whenever I tried to send my scores they were never processed (no scores sent, no nps awarded).
I use Firefox with these NoScript settings:
permitted: Neopets, ajax[dot]googleapis, jquery, jsdelivr net
blocked by default: msecnd net, recaptcha net
Should I allow one of these (or both) in order to send my scores?

Funny that if I refresh the page, the score submission window with the 'processing score' infinite loop is still there .:-7
roshchodesh, May 28, 2022 6:41 AM NST
@rosi, et.al
It would be nice if NEOPETS /TNT would tell us the best setups to play the AC.

p.s. someone commented, on another page, that they just getore disappointedwith each new announcement from TNT. That's so sad, so true.
roshchodesh, May 28, 2022 6:42 AM NST
*get more and more disappointed
logicalwhimsy, May 30, 2022 10:30 AM NST
Decided to have a quick look at the games:

Yooyuball - 139mb Download Size
Slushie Slinger - 2mb Download Size
Make Some Noise - 10mb Download Size
Shootout Showdown - 8mb Download Size

Yooyuball is bigger than last year... but it also actually loaded on my Firefox ESR. And seemed to play okay? Apart from Team Kreludor's formation being completely wrong (Derlyn up front, Ealyn in defence when I play 3+1) and them not removing the intro referring to Kevix that is. Didn't try to submit a score though on any of the games. As for Captchas, I did notice a "protected by Captcha" logo in the corner of the page on I think Slushie Slinger?

When I signed up for Team Kreludor, it was pretty hard to ignore just how big Motor is compared to the rest of the team in the graphics. He's... the biggest. Whereas in Yooyuball he's the smallest. Weird. Also, the flags that make up the site layout when you play as Team Kreludor are wrong. They're supposed to be Orange, Purple and Pink:

But now they're Orange, Purple and Grey:

Not a big deal (I prefer the pink) but looking at Dr Sloth, I noticed that quite a few team's flags have also changed colour. Very random.
savjorn, May 30, 2022 5:13 PM NST
Roo and Improved!
Root for Roo!
Rooligan Hooligans!
Shout it out from the ROOf tops!

Roo Island 100% has my heart. Not to mention who doesn't want to wear rainbow gear for June?! <3
savjorn, May 30, 2022 5:17 PM NST
I'm very confused about YYB not being playable for some people? I have been in the practice setting and all games ran smoothly for me.

I have an MSI computer, I use google chrome, and I use RUFFLE extension to run html4 and flash related content if any of that info helps anyone.
od13666, May 30, 2022 8:20 PM NST
For me, the games seem to work OK. I use Firefox on Arch Linux on PC.
swevin, May 31, 2022 6:51 AM NST
What was the link to see what team someone joined this year?