The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Earn NP from playing games!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Advent

Zelda
Neopets to Host Charity Auctions
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on May 13, 2022, 9:37 am NST

The Neopets charity auction is underway! You can head to GiveSmart to view the pieces and submit your bids. The auction ends in just under two days, on May 15th.

The full list of pieces is as follows:

In addition, both Queen Fyora and the Style Showdown host have two standees available, and one each is being given away through a raffle. Enter and try your luck!

As a reminder, the proceeds from these auctions will be split equally between these four charities:

• World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
  • The Trevor Project
  • Project HOPE
  • Eden Reforestation Project

hdawg1995, May 13, 2022 11:37 AM NST
it was fun watching the lord kass painting sky rocket. now hes sat at 4990 for 2 days with fyora and sloth catching up. still sad i can't afford anything, but its been fun to enjoy the hype.
apophis324, May 13, 2022 12:59 PM NST
So expensive.. That Hannah one was cute (sans the frame), but there's no way in Moltara that I could afford that! I wonder who is buying these and what they're going to do with them..
joe - JN Staff, May 13, 2022 1:02 PM NST
I've bid on a few. (stop outbidding me guys!) I have a very large toy collection (including more Neopets than probably everyone here combined) and am in the process of working on space for a toy museum. Other folks just really love Neopia a lot.
amunet, May 13, 2022 1:37 PM NST
OMG I would love that queen fyora painting but there is no way I can afford her (that's as much as I need for my international move!). Maybe I'll do the raffle for the standing Fyora ^_^
topaz644, May 13, 2022 5:28 PM NST
The standees look like the ones that were used at comi-con.

I guess we can rule out more comic-con events?
inkpot, May 14, 2022 12:40 AM NST
the paintings are beautiful, and i think the frames work for a setting that mimicked the Hall of Paintings, but now that they're splitting up i wonder how the new owners will display these... if i had bid and won one of these... i'm not sure i'd be able to remove the frames without a guilty conscious, haha. like they have too much ~history~ to be removed imo...
inkpot, May 14, 2022 12:43 AM NST
@joe ooh~ neat! i hope you win at least one of the items!
shakespeareofborg, May 14, 2022 8:20 AM NST
I wanted to bid but it's only open to people in the USA
premium17, May 14, 2022 4:09 PM NST
Does it cost $$ to enter the raffle ?
apophis324, May 15, 2022 12:04 AM NST
@shakespeareofborg: I couldn't even find that anywhere, but just assumed that was the case. Too bad TNT doesn't think we deserve it. Either that or import costs would be through the roof. Probably both.
chaosshadow, May 15, 2022 8:05 AM NST
@apophis324
Pretty sure it's a cost and liability thing. Having done international shipping on high-value items the cost of doing so is insane, taking into account not just shipping but also insurance, customs, and VAT, and at the current cost of the paintings in particular these also require special export exemptions. It's really not feasible, especially for such a small-scale charity auction.
topaz644, May 15, 2022 10:16 AM NST
wow! Knock me over with a feather! Look at those prices!

Goes to show Neopians WILL pay money for the real thing.

(talking to you nfts lol)
jen_aside, May 16, 2022 8:15 AM NST
The auction was only two days and I MISSED IT?!?!
*sees closing bids*
...ahaha just as well then 😬
jen_aside, May 16, 2022 8:16 AM NST
(rather, I missed the announcement and it ended before I noticed, either or)
topaz644, May 16, 2022 10:34 AM NST
I wonder who got them? Is anyone posting any where?
minidriver, May 16, 2022 9:02 PM NST
Top money was $19,355 for the Lord Kass painting, 530 bids!
Overall, great money for the charities!