Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Rubbish Dump Day, Saturday, June 4th!
  • Posted on June 4, 2022, 12:00 am NST

Welcome to the 1st Saturday of the month: Rubbish Dump Day!

In April 2022, TNT updated the Rubbish Dump to increase the drop rate of "rubbish" eligible for the avatar. (And we've even seen some Hidden Tower items pop up that weren't previously confirmed as prizes!)

The Rubbish Dump is special in that items dropped there appear after a Neopian refreshes the dump. (In other words, refreshing the page gives you the chance to "donate" some rubbish to the queue.) The more people visiting and refreshing, the more rubbish dropped, and the more opportunities there are for avatar items to appear!

Starting now, and continuing all day, here's how you can gather and participate:

If you DON'T have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to generate rubbish!
  • Claim up to 8 pieces of rubbish to clear the way for more items to appear. (And make sure not to claim anything from the Money Tree or Second-Hand Shoppe... it's 10 items max from all 3 locations combined!)
  • To be safe from accidental clicks, save your last 2 rubbish claims for when an avatar item pops up. (You can claim up to 10 items from the Rubbish Dump per day.)
  • Review our guide to familiarize yourself with which items are eligible for the avatar.

If you DO have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to help generate rubbish! Even if you have the avatar, refreshing helps generate more "donations" that will show up later. (And that means more opportunities for avatar items to pop up!)
  • Claim up to 10 pieces of rubbish to help clear the way for avatar-eligible items to appear.
  • Be kind and leave the cheaper avatar-eligible items (like the Fading Bottled Faeries) for those who need the avatar! We won't mind, however, if you try sniping a Dung Catapult.

The more the merrier, so share this post with your Neofriends and guildmates!

As you participate, let us know in the comments what junk—or treasures—you've seen or picked up! And let us know if you get the avatar so we can celebrate with you.

Can't get enough rubbish? Mark your calendars and join us on the first Saturday of next month—July 2nd—for our next Rubbish Dump Day!

apophis324, June 4, 2022 1:43 AM NST
A very good idea.. but I wonder how much interest there still is, even in the JN community.. At some point everyone dedicated enough will have their avatar after all, right? And if there's one thing people on the internet are very good at, it's forgetting about things they no longer deem worthy of their care

Did you know there's this disease called Covid going around? :O
deedee, June 4, 2022 1:55 AM NST
I saw two bottled faeries and two petpets go by - I just wasn't quick enough. But nice to know that there are four people out there that now have the avi!
apophis324, June 4, 2022 2:26 AM NST
@deedee: Or a petpet / bottled Faerie. Let's be honest, not everyone is there for the avatar. There are Paint Brushes to snag up after all!
onelittlespark, June 4, 2022 5:45 AM NST
Just received the avatar from snagging an Enchanted Kiko Squeeze Toy! Thank you, JN, for this monthly event. I cannot fully express my gratitude!
ducky - JN Staff, June 4, 2022 9:58 AM NST
If you guys are around midnight, Dump resets at 12:02 and it stays rather empty for 10-15mins and usually have few av items as well.
dave - JN Staff, June 4, 2022 11:02 AM NST
@apophis324: Even if you have the avatar, there's still an essential role you can play in helping to clear junk items from the dump so that more avatar items have a chance to appear. Consider it as 10x free items to toss into the next Charity Corner.
coolkaius, June 4, 2022 11:08 AM NST
I got the avatar really quickly today! Snagged a Fading Bottled Fire Faerie and a 10th piece of rubbish to help
fozfyre, June 4, 2022 11:55 AM NST
AGHHH. I saw a Silver Paint Brush but wasn't fast enough, dang it.
princey, June 4, 2022 12:10 PM NST
Oh gosh sorry @fozfyre, I think that might have been me! I just got a Silver Paint Brush and the avatar!! I’ll be helping to pick up more rubbish today and in future though. I hope you get your treasure soon!
roshchodesh, June 4, 2022 4:05 PM NST
EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'That's Not Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
It only took 47 bazillion clicks!!!

ow. my wrists hurts.
ackerbee, June 4, 2022 5:03 PM NST
Didn't manage to get my avatar today (at least not so far!) but I've seen two petpets, a blue paintbrush, four bottled faeries, and an apple core today!
roshchodesh, June 4, 2022 5:46 PM NST
*cries* and embarrassed

"Note: You may get the notification of receiving the avatar when you fail to get the item, but this is a display error and you actually won't have the avatar!"

I thought I got the bottled faerie, I got the notice, and *sniffffff* not in my inventory and no avvie
roshchodesh, June 4, 2022 6:24 PM NST
Okay. I went back to the Dump (well, it is Saturday night, afterall) and tried for the avvie for another bazillion refreshes, and clicked on fifty things that got away, and then another bottled faerie and got the something has happened again just now. No, really.
I checked my inventory and checked my avatar list and THERE IT WAS!!!
Elation. Embarrassment. Encore.
bedtime
flamb0iant, June 4, 2022 6:58 PM NST
I got my avatar last month (with a Blue Paint Brush), but it feels nice to help clean up trash for other folks to get the avatar . Thanks for organizing this, Jellyneo!
lasergu, June 4, 2022 7:35 PM NST
Just missed a Mortog Yet again, so close yet so far.
meercatristonhopets3, June 4, 2022 8:15 PM NST
Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'That's Not Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

with a Fading Bottled Light Faerie
thank you!
apophis324, June 5, 2022 12:28 AM NST
@dave: Hah, as if I would ever be so lucky to actually have the avatar XD
1jediboy, June 5, 2022 11:12 AM NST
CONGRATULATIONS ROSH!!!
πŸ₯³πŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸ‘πŸ˜
quailbat - JN Staff, June 5, 2022 12:11 PM NST
@roshchodesh - Congrats! The same error you initially got happened to me too with that Silver PB just before noon
but then I gave up after another hour+ of refreshing and just clicked two random items.

Congrats to all else who got the av and thanks to all who helped to collect and clear the junk! Fingers crossed for next time!
roshchodesh, June 5, 2022 1:55 PM NST
Thanks to all for letting me take up space here on my avvie sojourn and for the kind words. I will be joining the rest of yall picking up trash on Saturdays

And THANK YOU,🧑 quailbat and jn 🧑, for organizing this and for the GUIDE! I remembered reading about the glitch earlier, and was able to go back for the information.