Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Earn NP from playing games!
Help us model your pets!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Altador Cup Signups to Begin May 26th
  • Posted on May 4, 2022, 10:22 am NST

Today a new email has been sent out from the Neopets team. While it talks about the recently announced charity auctions it also mentions that this year's Altador Cup is almost here! Specifically, signups for this year's Cup will start on May 26th.

This means that last year's Altador Cup prize shops will soon be closing! The email does not offer an exact date that the shops will be closing, so it is better to claim your prizes now if you have not already done so!

(Note that due to the lack of a 1 point item last year, you will likely have some points in the prize shop left over that you cannot spend. There's no way to avoid this.)

The email does not mention the usual pre-tournament press that comes before Altador Cup signups. It's unknown at this stage if it will be happening or not.

umbra, May 4, 2022 11:04 AM NST
Thanks for the reminder, I still had points to spend!
whiffet, May 4, 2022 11:20 AM NST
I still have some remaining staff tourney points I don't know what to do with. Guess I'm getting a bazillion esophagor snack jars as charity corner fodder!
purplebin, May 4, 2022 11:34 AM NST
Altador Cup Prize Shop
Prize Points Left: 3,102

Altador Cup Staff Tournament Prize Shop
you have 45284 points to spend
hdawg1995, May 4, 2022 11:43 AM NST
my first year back at neopets and its in time for The Cup! HYPE! GO TEAM VIRTUPETS!
contessa, May 4, 2022 1:38 PM NST
Hmm. I actually spent all my points yesterday, just in time apparently!

LOST DESERT FOR THE WIN!
pikachu315111, May 4, 2022 6:28 PM NST
So my quick opinion on the prizes on offer:

NORMAL PRIZE SHOP:

* Top 3 Prizes, Water Yooyu & Altador Cup Velour Track Suit: Obviously, without spending 10+ mil, this is the goto way of getting these items, though I would only suggest doing so if you want them. If you're aiming for profit there are better lower prizes to get.

* Water PB: Not worth it unless you really want a Water Neopet and have the points for it.

* Disgruntled Janitors Bucket & Mop: Junk weapon, skip.

* Stamp: You can do 2 things: either buy as many stamps as you can or buy 1 or 2 and try diversifying the rest of your prizes. Either option is viable.

* Cheaper Books & Wearables: While won't be fetching you 10+ mil, these are still a nice way of diversifying your points if your goal is to sell.

* Toys: Don't bother unless you collect them.

* Jersey: Now that they're based on what teams got podium positions if you want a Brightvale, Meridell, or Kiko Lake jersey now is your best time to get it cause who know if these teams will be getting the podium this year.
pikachu315111, May 4, 2022 6:32 PM NST
STAFF PRIZE SHOP:

* In General: None of these items are that expensive, you can easily buy all of them on the Shop Wiz. Infact, the prizes abve the "Staff Member Prizes" usually sell less than the Staff Member Prizes.

* Staff Member Prizes: So with that said, mostly focus on those. This year they're plushies which give them a bonus for Plushie collectors. You can look up individual prices for each but I don't think they vary that wildly from one another.
apophis324, May 5, 2022 12:14 AM NST
Wee, an Altador Cup on a broken website.. I wonder if it's going to be a similar fiasco as it was last year. Going to stick to just Yooyuball again, probably, just to be safe. Who cares about prize points...
shakespeareofborg, May 5, 2022 3:58 AM NST
Thanks for the reminder, usually I spend my points straight away but I guess I didn't last year and still have all of them left!!
sycatt, May 5, 2022 10:49 PM NST
I have 2 points left in each prize shop. Although, I can't spend them.

LOST DESERT FOR THE WIN!