Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Rubbish Dump Day, Saturday, May 7th!
  • Posted on May 7, 2022, 12:00 am NST

Welcome to Rubbish Dump Day! After hosting the event in mid-April and seeing the turn out, we've decided to host a Rubbish Dump Day on the 1st Saturday of each month as long as we get interest!

Last month, TNT updated the Rubbish Dump to increase the drop rate of "rubbish" eligible for the avatar. (And we've even seen some Hidden Tower items pop up that weren't previously confirmed as prizes!)

The Rubbish Dump is special in that items dropped there appear after a Neopian visits the dump. The more people visiting and refreshing, the more rubbish dropped, and the more opportunities there are for avatar items to appear!

Starting today at 10:00 AM NST here's how you can gather and participate:

If you DON'T have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to generate rubbish!
  • Claim up to 8 pieces of rubbish to clear the way for more items to appear. (And make sure not to claim anything from the Money Tree or Second-Hand Shoppe... it's 10 items max from all 3 locations combined!)
  • To be safe from accidental clicks, save your last 2 rubbish claims for when an avatar item pops up. (You can claim up to 10 items from the Rubbish Dump per day.)
  • Review our guide to familiarize yourself with which items are eligible for the avatar.

If you DO have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to help generate rubbish! Even if you have the avatar, refreshing helps generate more "donations" that will show up later. (And that means more opportunities for avatar items to pop up!)
  • Claim up to 10 pieces of rubbish to help clear the way for avatar-eligible items to appear.
  • Be kind and leave the cheaper avatar-eligible items (like the Fading Bottled Faeries) for those who need the avatar! We won't mind, however, if you try sniping a Dung Catapult.

The more the merrier, so share this post with your Neofriends and guildmates!

As you participate, let us know in the comments what junk—or treasures—you've seen or picked up! And let us know if you get the avatar so we can celebrate with you.

Can't get enough rubbish? Mark your calendars and join us on the first Saturday of next month—June 4th—for our next Rubbish Dump Day!

i_love_latin - JN Staff, May 7, 2022 12:16 AM NST
Hooray! Can't wait to try again this month after no luck last month
starryfaerie, May 7, 2022 12:24 AM NST
Great that this is now a monthly thing but perhaps we can make it a full day thing and start at 12am NST so that those of us in other time zones can hopefully benefit too?
apophis324, May 7, 2022 2:24 AM NST
As if I'd be so lucky.. But thanks for the opportunity anyway!
apophis324, May 7, 2022 4:39 AM NST
Oh wow, I actually SAW a Paintbrush! First time ever I see someting not regarded as junk (because who needs Codestones)!
parody_ham, May 7, 2022 6:15 AM NST
Oh! Thanks for doing this. I wish I had more time today but I will try to catch the next one.
specioid, May 7, 2022 6:36 AM NST
I'll try to take part, if only I didn't have groceries to get. Still need the avatar.
sopabolaos, May 7, 2022 7:55 AM NST
A few days ago I did a post On Reddit trying to see if people were interested and I just posted that JN is doing one!
topaz644, May 7, 2022 8:23 AM NST
Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'That's Not Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I was just practicing. lol
maknaetani, May 7, 2022 9:04 AM NST
Oh, congrats @topaz644
I've claimed a bunch of junk items already and am casually refreshing today c:
kibiwolf, May 7, 2022 10:39 AM NST
Do you know if the faded bottled faeries still give the avatar ?
sopabolaos, May 7, 2022 10:41 AM NST
@kibiwolf they don’t and also the codestones don’t give it either.
kibiwolf, May 7, 2022 10:43 AM NST
"Bank error in your favour. Collect 2,228 NP. "

Thanks for the quick answer, @sopabolaos !
So, as for now, it means that the only avatar item I saw and missed was the petpet
specioid, May 7, 2022 11:01 AM NST
"An Alien Aisha gives you a Lesser Nerkmid! Maybe it's time for a trip to the Vending Machine.... "

Not the avvie, but still nice.
contessa, May 7, 2022 12:33 PM NST
Just now saw a PB and clicked on it!

THEN of course I got the stupid site verification page and did not get it. Or the avatar.

Poo.
nordickitten, May 7, 2022 12:33 PM NST
Over a 2 hour span (not constantly refreshing!), I saw 10 different avatar items, but I was never quick enough to get them... I saw: 2 blue paintbrushes, dung catapult, 1 turmac, 1 turtum, 1 dragoyle, and multiple bottled faeries.

I also saw non-avatar items: chewing dung, dung pizza, codestone, baby haystack, and several healing potions.

Any tips for being faster at clicking?
missdood, May 7, 2022 12:38 PM NST
hmmm... your guide says faded bottled faerie do give the avatar? So which is correct? guide or sopabolaos?
karablue15, May 7, 2022 1:19 PM NST
@missdood I got the avvie earlier today (about 1am) from a bottled faerie
catastrophe, May 7, 2022 2:08 PM NST
I just got the avi a couple of minutes ago. It was from a fading bottled faerie, so those will work!
veinslicer, May 7, 2022 2:50 PM NST
I missed out ! Next month and yay for doing this !!!
rebecca, May 7, 2022 3:22 PM NST
This is a great event but is there a possibility of another time on day? 10am NST is 3am in my timezone and I keep missing out.
rebecca, May 7, 2022 3:23 PM NST
*one day
lasergu, May 7, 2022 4:55 PM NST
From now on it would be nice to have some advanced warning just so we don't forget.
fozfyre, May 7, 2022 4:58 PM NST
Oh I hope this is still going.
Would have been nice to know in advance that this was happening.
contessa, May 7, 2022 5:56 PM NST
YIPPEE!!! YIPPEE!!! YIPPEE!!! I found a Whinny and actually got it!

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'That's Not Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
pikasuno, May 7, 2022 7:00 PM NST
I already have the avatar, but I would suggest perhaps posting about it the next time it happens 24 hours in advance - I check JN every day but I only just saw this news post now and would have been a little miffed to have missed out again.
cheyennet2, May 7, 2022 7:23 PM NST
Finally got my avatar. Thanks to all who helped refresh!
sopabolaos, May 7, 2022 11:43 PM NST
@missdood I was mistaken, the bottled faeries the DO give you the avatar, I was thinking of the healing potions and mixed them. Sorry my bad.
shakespeareofborg, May 8, 2022 4:16 AM NST
Saw three bottled faeries, two paintbrushes, three petpets, didn't get any
roshchodesh, May 8, 2022 4:39 AM NST
*tosses 9 pieces of Old Paper into recycle bin*
minidriver, May 8, 2022 9:04 AM NST
Managed to see just one codestone which vanished immediately
duperhero, May 8, 2022 2:30 PM NST
Jordle 81 5/6

jellyneo.net/jordle
labtech468, May 8, 2022 6:46 PM NST
saw a few avatar items yesterday, but didn't manage to get any
1jediboy, May 9, 2022 1:55 PM NST
Jordle 82 4/6

jellyneo.net/jordle

Whew!
fenix0031, May 9, 2022 2:12 PM NST
I got mine today a blue paintbrush i have been trying for this one for a long long time
doggetts_back, May 9, 2022 4:41 PM NST
Just got the avatar with a Bottled Faerie!
dave - JN Staff, May 9, 2022 4:53 PM NST
Thanks to all who participated in this month's Rubbish Dump Day!!

A few things we'll be doing for next time...

- As mentioned, we plan on making this the 1st Saturday of each month. We will post a reminder on our Twitter feed a day in advance, but we likely won't add a post on our front page until the day of.

- We'll extend the advertised time to just "all-day" instead of 10:00 AM. (We've been monitoring the movement of Rubbish, and regardless of our "10am" start time, the Dump starts moving well ahead of that! The item movement also seems to continue well into the following day as well--so if you're around at some point in those 48 hours, you're getting the full dump experience!)

πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©

Jordle 83 2/6

πŸŸ¦πŸŸ¦β¬›πŸŸ§πŸŸ¦
🟦🟦🟦🟦🟦
jellyneo.net/jordle
1jediboy, May 11, 2022 6:38 PM NST

πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©

^🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 I love how you ended that!

"Full Dump Experience" sounds like a great name for a band!
bodhi, May 12, 2022 8:14 AM NST
Is there something wrong with today's Jordle? I've got 4 out of 5 letters (need the middle one) but the only word that could be right is showing as wrong.