Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Quail
Last Days: Festival of Neggs
  • Posted by Quail
  • Posted on April 27, 2022, 2:34 am NST

This year's Festival of Neggs is coming to a close today, April 27th. Make sure you find all 15 of your neggs, as tomorrow the final prizes will be awarded, and there's an exciting new development you'll want to be sure not to miss!

(Originally it was assumed that there would be 16 neggs to find, but apparently tomorrow is counting as only the final prize day, not a final negg-finding day.)

For a full rundown of where to go, check out our guide:

The accompanying NC Event, Dip & Bob Apples, will have ticket packs available for purchase until May 11th which can be redeemed until next year's event.

twood, April 27, 2022 3:26 AM NST
"an exciting new development you'll want to be sure not to miss"
biediep, April 27, 2022 3:29 AM NST
***Spoiler alert***

I tried to SSW the new petpets to see which of the three was worth the most and it's trying to find Ghost Talpidat and Talpidat Plushie. Might be end-prizes for the festival? Or we got a plot on our hands and these are some future prizes?

The petpet is super adorable, in any case β™₯
I'm having a hard time choosing between regular and Spring!
orisasda, April 27, 2022 3:58 AM NST
Talpidats are adorable. I want an irl plushie of one.
biediep, April 27, 2022 4:13 AM NST
Do you guys think the Spring and Eventide Talpidats will be able to be painted over, or will only the regular one be able to get painted you think? It's part of what's making this decision so hard lol, I don't want them to come out with a gorgeous color for them later and me wishing I had picked a regular one instead of spring
twistedlittledreamer, April 27, 2022 5:24 AM NST
they're so cute, and with the Festival almost done, I did enjoy how they did it this year with the Neovian theme.
roshchodesh, April 27, 2022 5:35 AM NST
Talpidat - unscramble the letters to create a phrase garners:
DAL PITTA
an Indian dish
Both are yummy
logicalwhimsy, April 27, 2022 6:49 AM NST
There goes my theory that Count Von Roo had over-negged this year's Veganuary. Very cute petpet but I almost didn't go on Neopets today as I thought tomorrow would be the last negg-finding day. What happened with the dates? Weird.
apophis324, April 27, 2022 8:47 AM NST
Nobody seems to have questioned this yet, so let me do it first. Sophie lives in a tower? They were going to go with Edna for this event weren't they, before someone suggested Sophie for her ties with Neovia?
For shame!
dave - JN Staff, April 27, 2022 8:54 AM NST
Lol I noticed that tower mention from Sophie too. Must just be wrong--she lives in a shack!
targoefista, April 27, 2022 9:04 AM NST
I think a talpidat plushie is going to be a prize. It's showing up in shop wizard searches but no results.
coryldork, April 27, 2022 9:32 AM NST
cute! how is it pronounced? also: the Neopets twitter confirmed that cults are in Neopia, so that's... fun.
logicalwhimsy, April 27, 2022 9:44 AM NST
The character having originally intended to be Edna makes a lot more sense than the version of Sophie we got. She was complaining about "creaky bones" and having to walk around too much not to mention her general tone being grumpier than normal. I originally put it down to the person who wrote the story half-remembering the Tale of Woe (which would explain the... less than ideal location of the Campsite) but yeah. Clearly that was supposed to be Edna.
sssidneyy, April 27, 2022 9:54 AM NST
Yall should do a poll to see which petpet was pick the most. I'm just curious to see which one wins.
blue_star_51, April 27, 2022 11:24 AM NST
@coryldork

I think cults in Neopia have been cannon at least since the Corbin and Kell event a few years ago.
bodhi, April 27, 2022 12:01 PM NST
I missed a day. 22nd. There goes my petpet.
1jediboy, April 27, 2022 12:03 PM NST
"Of course, I'm sure! Trust me, I know what ectoplasm tastes like. Really gives your nachos a little kick."

Is this a euphemism, like "it shocks your system," or does she actually put ectoplasm on her nachos?
bodhi, April 27, 2022 12:05 PM NST
Sorry for the double post. I did get the petpet.
1jediboy, April 27, 2022 12:13 PM NST
"Especially while living in the shadow of your suave globetrotting explorer brother..."

Is he saying he's related to Jake the Explorer?
kiriska, April 27, 2022 12:14 PM NST
Hmm, choose the Spring one, but it gave me the regular one...
1jediboy, April 27, 2022 12:15 PM NST
"The ungrateful turncoat left me to assist another Kougra professor, but get this, this one studies petpetpets!"

MILTON CLODBOTTLE!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜„
1jediboy, April 27, 2022 12:20 PM NST
"By jove, I knew it! I shall dub them Talpidats!"

OMG THEY'RE ADORABLE!!!!! 🧑🧑🧑🧑🧑🧑🧑
1jediboy, April 27, 2022 12:25 PM NST
OH! DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!! I WANT THEM ALL!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
1jediboy, April 27, 2022 12:27 PM NST
OH! Professor Josh Kugar was from existing lore! I thought he was a new character!
maggma99, April 27, 2022 12:40 PM NST
Aww, so cute!!! Almost as cute as Slorgs, dare I say! Between the Talpidat, Slorg, and Meepit, safe to say that Spooky Petpets are the BEST!
1jediboy, April 27, 2022 1:05 PM NST
"I hope you enjoyed this year's festival too because I never could have solved that mystery without your help!"

*sings the end-of-the-show song from Blue's clues*

Now it's time for so long.

But we'll sing just one more song.

Thanks for doing your part!

You sure are smart!

You know, with me and you
and my dog, Blue.

We can do anything...

*bow-BOW*

...that we wanna do!

*jazz hands*
savtalinda, April 27, 2022 2:22 PM NST
Is TNT aware that as of half an hour ago, the Grave Danger page is GLITCHED and gets stuck the moment the Talpidat appears in the hole, and the choice of Talpidats NEVER appears, so impossible to choose one, and consequently NO LAST NEGG! Loads of people are reporting this on Neoboards. We've all cleared caches - but to no avail. Hopefully, TNT will fix this and give an extra day for people to get their last negg (without penalty regarding date)- and thus, not miss out on the prizes.
abbsynthe, April 27, 2022 2:38 PM NST
I'm not seeing anything to click on at the Grave Danger site... sigh
roshchodesh, April 27, 2022 2:49 PM NST
@satvalinda and abbsynthe
that seems to be happening a lot. What worked for us was to go back to jellyneo's guide and redo the list of tasks. Eventually, we got it to work. neo's direction is confusing. And I *think* the 'click' takes a nanosecond longer than we expect. So just wait a second and click again. And again. That's what worked for us, lame as it sounds
savtalinda, April 27, 2022 2:57 PM NST
UPDATE to POST above re the "stuck" Talpidat .. a kind soul on Neoboards gave me the FIX. If it happens to you, just REDUCE the page size (Control with MINUS sign) and the CONTINUE button will appear - and all will be well !
savtalinda, April 27, 2022 3:02 PM NST
Ah ...shalom roshchodesh (obviously as Savta Linda, I couldn't pass your name by without comment - LOL). And in just 2 days it will be "rosh chodesh" b'emet Do you also live in Israel? Kol tuv yedidi.
abbsynthe, April 27, 2022 3:40 PM NST
@roshchodesh thank you! got it to work!
roshchodesh, April 27, 2022 4:44 PM NST
Shalom Savtalinda! I am in the US. I'm glad you didn't 'pass over' my name - I am delighted to meet you, Achot πŸ’™
meblackittymage13, April 27, 2022 5:00 PM NST
Does anyone know if I can also claim a talpidat on my side accounts? They're so cute I want all three! But I know I can only choose 1 and I've only been doing the event on my main...
quailbat - JN Staff, April 28, 2022 3:18 AM NST
@meblackittymage13 - events or activities that issue NP items cannot be participated in by side accounts. Unfortunately if you want them all (or extra of the same!), you'll have to buy them from other users.
weepit, April 28, 2022 5:34 AM NST
The negg isn’t appearing for me on The Brain Tree page. He’s just offering me a quest. I’ve done all the other neggs and they worked fine but not this one. Have tried logging out and back in again but that didn’t help. And have clicked back through everything I could think to at the festival hub.