Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Earn NP from playing games!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Faerie's Hope Enters Open Beta
  • Posted on April 21, 2022, 10:09 am NST

For a limited time (unknown exactly how long), there are open invitations for any Neopian to download and test out the Neopets Faerie's Hope match-3 mobile game!

Wait—Faerie's Hope? That's right, the Neopia Studio match-3 game released for a closed beta test earlier this January was completely tossed out and reskinned to be Faerieland-themed. For the most part, gameplay is identical, but the movie studio theme was ditched for some classic Faerieland clouds. Our guide will be updated in the coming weeks with the new content and theming.

To join, you'll need to tap the button below on a mobile device and it will take you directly to accept a beta test invite depending on your device type (Android or iOS). Clicking this button on an old-fashioned laptop will simply send you over to Neopets.com.

If you're interested in testing the game out, we recommend signing up ASAP as we don't know how long they will leave the beta invites open for.

Note: According to TNT, the Android version is currently only available in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the UK, and the US.

orlando_in_bloom, April 21, 2022 10:40 AM NST
I can't seem to get past the updating/loading screen. I've been trying for the last 10 minutes or so. Hope that's something that gets resolved soon
biediep, April 21, 2022 10:49 AM NST
I got the email but when I click to download, I get an image of a satellite and a "try again" button which does nothing.
mavegibson, April 21, 2022 10:56 AM NST
I keep getting "Neopets Faerie's Hope will be installed on your device soon" which is just... odd.
mavegibson, April 21, 2022 10:58 AM NST
The app is obnoxiously large at 547MB. I don't see any legitimate need for a match 3 to take up that much storage.
mavegibson, April 21, 2022 11:00 AM NST
BTW, those wanting to avoid the hassle of dealing with the email can simply search for Neopets Faeries Hope in the app store. Much easier.
trisangum, April 21, 2022 11:06 AM NST
didn't get an email and also can't find the app in the google app
store
biediep, April 21, 2022 11:13 AM NST
Same, all I get is Island Builders and unrelated nonsense.
mavegibson, April 21, 2022 11:26 AM NST
I just used the Google Play app and searched for "Neopets Faeries Hope" and it came up for me, was able to install it from there. Installing from the Google Play mobile website (which is where the email link takes you) wasn't working for me.

I was able to play the game for a while. I absolutely hate it, but that wasn't surprising. I can't stand the whole 'storyline match 3' genre, and there's too much jibber jabber, people talking and doing tutorials - like everyone in the world hasn't already played about a thousand of these types of games.

I also feel the game seems to be targeted at small children - very cutesy, with cutesy voices and behavior.

The animation is too 'over the top' as well. This is mobile. Don't give me insane animated graphics just to play a match 3. This isn't a MOBA or something. I would prefer a simpler, more straightforward game that takes up less storage.

Neopets has lost all touch with reality. I don't know who is going to play a game like this. I'm definitely not the audience that's going to latch on.

dtolsen, April 21, 2022 12:11 PM NST
Definitely geared toward young kids. I'm on level 1916 of bejeweled stars, so all the chatting and instructions made me crazy. It's like they are trying to pair a quest with boring match 3 games suited to 6-8 year olds.
zoeyaugust1245, April 21, 2022 12:13 PM NST
i think the actual idea is interesting though and could make a good game or plot, but the specific match 3 thing might be overdone. it is a cute idea otherwise tho imo
biediep, April 21, 2022 12:36 PM NST
Interesting that Germany would get the game but not NL, and that they would send out the email to users from countries where it's not even available. Oh well, it's not like I can't wait to play this game
contessa, April 21, 2022 1:33 PM NST
Ha Ha - today's clue location on the Negg Hunt says Location: The Swowager, (not the Snowager)
_sissiy_sis_369, April 21, 2022 1:35 PM NST
I downloaded it and have played it. It blocks content per day tho. Progress of upgrading things stops
galifan, April 21, 2022 1:36 PM NST
I miss the old Neohomes, and the Habitarium, and KeyQuest, and all the old Flash games, like Sutek's Tomb. They dropped L&L and Island Builders won't run on older devices. This game runs for now. I just don't know if it's worth investing time in something that's going to be abandoned after a few weeks.
dtolsen, April 21, 2022 4:15 PM NST
@galifan I miss habi and sutek's tomb too. They were my favorites.
aimeemarie1992, April 21, 2022 5:25 PM NST
Been playing it off and on all day, love it, super cute. Wish we could link our neopets account to it. (If we can I just haven't realized it yet.. lol)
hdawg1995, April 21, 2022 6:03 PM NST
not a fan of the 3D models, but the characters are really cute and the match 3 is really fun. kinda interested in where this goes!
dragon_girl_haku, April 21, 2022 6:41 PM NST
Give me dang habitarium on mobile
clh982, April 21, 2022 8:00 PM NST
I kind of like it, though it resembles Homescapes far too much in my opinion. I do wish they'd increase the amount of coin you get (an issue I have with Homescapes too) I don't think 100-150 instead of the 50 or less per puzzle would be too much to ask
reconnection, April 21, 2022 9:26 PM NST
Unpopular opinion I guess but I’ve actually been playing for a few hours and think it’s quite fun. But I also just find mindless phone games addicting and enjoy the updated art the game has to offer. That being said, I wish they would put this effort into the site and not a 3-match game. Also, could you just make Keyquest and Habitarium mobile games for Fyora’s sake??
i_love_latin - JN Staff, April 22, 2022 4:19 AM NST
I actually kinda like it, too. I played it until I got a migraine yesterday, whoops
dave - JN Staff, April 22, 2022 7:22 AM NST
@reconnection: I vote for Habitarium as a mobile game, and Key Quest as a Nintendo Switch game (aka Neopets Mario Party).
premium17, April 22, 2022 7:38 AM NST
Give me dang habitarium on mobile
1jediboy, April 22, 2022 10:24 AM NST
@Dave - That sounds like the coolest thing in the Nintendo-verse!
topaz644, April 22, 2022 11:30 AM NST
I (finally) got a new phone (yay!) but most certainly wont be putting this game on it. Took me 2 days to get rid of the bloatware it came with. lol

Now, Habitarium Mobile would get me for sure!
josie, April 22, 2022 11:59 AM NST
I downloaded it last night and played for a while. It's a cute game, and so far I really like it.

I would definitely vote for habitarium on mobile, too.
darthraptor24, April 22, 2022 2:38 PM NST
I find the game increasingly obnoxious. You have to complete 3 puzzles for one task and Day 2 goals are only halfway finished at level 70. The pace is so slow that the faerie is only on day 3 of her adventure and it’s taken 6 hours. Boring.
problematicperiplum, April 22, 2022 3:18 PM NST
The Movie Faerie, Shimmy, Kelly, and Oscar from Neopia Studio all seem to be removed from the story in this version of the game but are still in the files of the game. Nothing of value has been lost.
biediep, April 22, 2022 4:23 PM NST
KQ on Switch would be a dream come true
But if they do that, they should also release it on Steam so people don't have to buy an entire console just to be able to play, especially if it would reward on-site prizes again like it used to. Most of us probably already have a Switch for Animal Crossing and stuff, but... still

Habi on phone sounds really good, too. As long as it's available IN EVERY COUNTRY
zoeyaugust1245, April 22, 2022 6:00 PM NST
Habi for mobile... i would cry... i miss habi so much it hurts
terragainsborough, April 22, 2022 6:29 PM NST
Downloaded it and played a few levels. It's fine. Let me know when I can link my Neopets account and there are prizes from it. Otherwise I won't be playing.
darthraptor24, April 22, 2022 6:51 PM NST
For the record, to complete the orientation you need to pass 100 levels to finish day 2 goals and finish 200 levels by day 7. I feel like this expectation is way too high for a tutorial.
biediep, April 23, 2022 3:15 AM NST
I have no idea what the levels are like but that does sound really crazy for just a tutorial o.O

What "worries" me is that TNT just says "Android version is only available in X countries", no "currently" or any kind of phrasing suggesting they have any plans to release it in any of the countries that are missing. Just "it's available in these countries" and that's it. And after being excluded from L&L for the entire duration that game existed, I'm just pre-annoyed that the same thing might be happening again. Does anyone know if TNT has confirmed that this game will be available in all/more countries sooner or later?
woodstocki, April 23, 2022 11:03 AM NST
Downloaded it, it took a few hours, endless restarts, some additional downloads and a full phone crash to get it started. Played about 15 levels and then couldn't stomach the saccharine thing anymore. It's way too much aimed at 6-8 year old kids of the girly type. It's too pink, the sounds are overly cutesy, and I really don't need to have a faerie tell me "yay, good job, well done" in the tone of voice you'd use for potty training puppies and toddlers.

On top of that, on day two my phone refused to download my email because my memory was full. Come again? Check, the iOS game was taking up approx. 926 MB (!!)

I sent them my feedback on my opinions and the bugs I'd encountered and deleted the thing.

@Biediep, I'm in NL too, and I was able to download and play, but that's iOS, presumably you were talking about Android which seems very limited?
lokaula, April 23, 2022 10:44 PM NST
It's exciting, but at the same time I'm a little hesitant of starting this new game on my phone, and then like it, only to have them cancel it like so many other games that are now in the Neopian Cemetary...
And also, I saw quite a few players having trouble downloading this game to their phones. I have iOS and followed the instructions by going to JN's website on my phone's browser, then followed instructions from there. Part of which was having to download this other program. Then once I did, I downloaded the game and that other program automatically started the game. Hope that might be of help, but I'm not sure if it works the same on Android...
jweb, April 24, 2022 8:23 AM NST
@biediep, it is also working for me in Holland
lokaula, April 24, 2022 4:36 PM NST
Ok...update on the other app I had to download before being able to play the game on my iPhone. The app is called "TestFlight", and it also asked if I would be willing to take screenshots o the game and upload them, but I have yet to figure out how to do that.
In any case, the game is BEAUTIFUL visually! And is working great...so far! It's a little corny, with the Faerie Shoyru assigned to you, making cooing sounds and dancing around like a boob...but I'm guessing it's also geared for kids
mandypandy667, April 24, 2022 10:16 PM NST
I actually quite like the game, I just don't think the actual match 3 icons are obviously neopet related, I know what they are all meant to be but I think it would be nicer if they were actual neopets, or given the theme of the game if they used the faerie bubbles

I'm trying not to get too invested though, given their history with mobile games lol
baiuki, April 26, 2022 6:25 PM NST
i got to level 100 and i can no longer load the game. i've not been able to play for the last ~2 days? i get the loading screen and the app crashes (iOS, my app is apparently up to date and testflight doesn't have any notes or updates for it so idk what the problem is). submitted feedback on this but *shrug*

it's a tad too cutsey for my taste... and i wish there were more customization options for your faerie? like c'mon... let this goth chick "play" a dark faerie thanks
galifan, May 23, 2022 2:40 PM NST
Is it still there? Or did they give up on it already?