Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Create your own wishlists!
Earn NP from playing games!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Digital Neopets Stickers Coming to Quidd
  • Posted on April 18, 2022, 8:26 am NST

You may remember back in October it was announced that Neopets was coming to Quidd, a marketplace for digital stickers and NFTs. It was shortly after canceled "due to unforeseen circumstances" (the Neopets Metaverse project).

Well, the project is now back and will be launching on Quidd tomorrow, April 19th.

The product being sold is simply digital stickers. However, Quidd also offers a full fledged marketplace for you to collect, buy, and sell the stickers to other people. So, they're kind of like NFTs but without the blockchain. Quidd also offers the ability to convert your digital stickers into NFTs, but at time of launch that option will not be available. (That could always change at some point, though—Quidd has not confirmed any details there.)

There will be 126 stickers to collect (divvied up among 5 "collections" or sets), plus 13 bonus stickers for collecting and holding them all. The stickers themselves are coming from a company called Bare Tree Media, which publishes the messaging stickers available for iMessage and LINE. (You'll find that one of the collections simply reuses the same stickers from the original messaging sticker set.)

Oddly, the base set—representing each species of Neopet—includes 56 stickers total due to the Eyrie being included twice. Poor Elephantes are also incorrectly named as "Elephente".

Pricing for the stickers is unknown until launch time, and the Quidd marketplace currently sees aftermarket prices starting at $0.10 USD each. Currently, there is no announced integration or connection to Neopets.com (no Rare Item Codes for buying).

sosoeuso, April 18, 2022 8:34 AM NST
Do people legit pay for messaging app stickers?? And such generic ones as well?? I thought the fun of stickers was finding the funniest and most ridiculous ones to save on your phone from others' chats so you can use them as reaction images
veinslicer, April 18, 2022 8:39 AM NST
Why buy something that isn't going to support the actual site .... on top of all the other reasons? So no thanks I will keep my money going to actual Neopets.
dave - JN Staff, April 18, 2022 8:40 AM NST
These aren't NFTs (but they can be later, if Neopets decides to let them be NFTs)--but I think the thing that really turns me off from this sort of thing is the expectation of "ownership" on a bunch of digital crap.

Your digital crap is only yours so long as Quidd keeps its doors open. If they ever go belly up one day, then so does all the money you poured in.

You might look at Neopets and call it the "same thing" with Neocash--but at least there's no expectation of ownership of NC assets. (And hey, Neopets also has a 22 year record of sticking around!)
tpandai, April 18, 2022 8:41 AM NST
I assume the appeal here is the “turn it into nfts” and they wanna sell it to that crowd because otherwise i can’t imagine who else would want this? Whatever i guess…
spittingcobras, April 18, 2022 8:47 AM NST
I suppose I should be all up in arms about this, but considering that I buy NC and trade NC wearables semi-frequently, I probably shouldn't be throwing stones. If people want to waste their time and money on digital items differently than I do, that's their problem.
yiqireverie, April 18, 2022 9:07 AM NST
Nobody's going to be using a generic blue bruce as a reaction image, let alone a sticker that you have to pay for. The only people this appeals to are those that have an overwhelming need to collect anything Neopets related. I smell a flop incoming.
galifan, April 18, 2022 9:18 AM NST
It sounds like JS are willing to fall for every slick scam that comes down the road. Do they also play these sucker bets with their other products?
orangeblossom45, April 18, 2022 9:19 AM NST
I rather have a physical sticker I can add to my sticker collection.
dave - JN Staff, April 18, 2022 9:31 AM NST
@orangeblossom45: Real stickers can be found here:

ducky - JN Staff, April 18, 2022 9:51 AM NST
Digital sticker... insert not allowed word here.
(I have never used one in any type of messaging, but i know I am odd person)

Why... would anyone buy these? I mean there are more and more people complaning not having enough money to live normal life and prices are shooting up and,..... we buy digital stickers? That vanish when service dies?

While REAL stickers I'll have forever.

In other news, last year sale of CDs were higher than previous year first time in 17 years. People have realised their digital music they've purchased may poof
sliced_ramen, April 18, 2022 10:30 AM NST
Oh, I'm fine with Telegram or WeChat stickers, but like those stickers are boring and purposeless in chat lol. I'm still super against NFTs.
mavegibson, April 18, 2022 10:50 AM NST
I don't get why anyone would buy this.

I feel Neopets/JS is out of touch with the users, to a pretty extreme degree. Neopets has had a bunch of different owners over the years, but never have I seen anyone so completely out of touch with what they have. It's one of the big reasons (the other being the gong show their development always seems to be) that I worry about the future of Neopets for the first time - at least seriously - in all these years.
dtolsen, April 18, 2022 11:31 AM NST
I don't get the appeal. Hard enough to put food on the table. How about fixing the website and games I used to enjoy?
roshchodesh, April 18, 2022 11:47 AM NST
@dtolsen that's the truth, plain and simple.
Thanks for posting this.
hdawg1995, April 18, 2022 12:33 PM NST
I like the idea of neopets themed digital stickers for text and stuff, but these are so generic it feels like one of those "if we put [neopets] on it, people will buy it" things. I wish the money went to neopets and there wasn't a chance i would be funding a NFT site... No thanks.
kiriska, April 18, 2022 12:41 PM NST
There is so much official art that would be great for use as actual chat reaction images, but all Neo wants to license out is the boringest of boring base images, of course. Once again the only appeal is to NFTbros and the potential of converting to NFTs later, which they're likely only delaying because of the extreme controversy of Metaverse bs... sounds mostly like Neo is stuck in a contract and this is the best they can do (hahaha) to honour it while not inciting another protest.
herdy - JN Staff, April 18, 2022 1:00 PM NST
Just great that so many of these have basic things like species names spelt wrong.
moggywolf, April 18, 2022 2:09 PM NST
They aren't even unique art or poses. Hell even the unconverted poses or paint colours would have been a better choice. These are so boring, so generic and so stupid (not to metion laughable with the messed up species names.) I don't know why anyone would spend money on them. I hope these bomb HARD and show TNT that we aren't interested in this kind of crap.
lasergu, April 18, 2022 3:13 PM NST
Oh boy I can tell absolutely nothing will go wrong here
topaz644, April 18, 2022 3:32 PM NST
Really. Every time I open a certain dresser drawer I see the real, actual, can hold them in my hand Neopets pins I bought. They are in the junk drawer but I bought them to support neopets dot com. Waste of money for sure.
luciditystree, April 18, 2022 4:31 PM NST
Or we could download a free app and make free Neopets chat stickers ourselves. Screenshot/download, upload, done.
problematicperiplum, April 18, 2022 6:23 PM NST
Welp... These are agressively pointless. I'm glad that these weren't NFTs, and the Quidd account on Twitter still has me blocked after I commented "Quiddit" on the intial post when these were gonna be NFTs.
terragainsborough, April 18, 2022 7:01 PM NST
If they want to continue cashing in the NFT morons... I mean bros willing to throw away their money, so be it. I don't think many actual Neopets fans are going to waste money on this. Hopefully the site will see a tiny bit of revenue from it.
apophis324, April 19, 2022 12:12 AM NST
Not a too terrible endeavour, I guess? Not that I use messaging applications that use stickers. Wait.. Skype and Steam both use stickers, don't they? Eh. I don't use stickers XD

Anyway, this gets a pass from me. For now. If dung starts hitting the fan, Jellyneo must revolt again! *polishes his pitchfork*
1jediboy, April 19, 2022 12:53 AM NST
Is there going to be another Neopets walkout?

I may have been antsy from Neopets-withdrawal during those days, but it was still fun to participate. I felt like I was part of doing something right. 🧡
roshchodesh, April 19, 2022 2:14 AM NST
@problematicperiplum
you are a hero for your quiddit comment and *aggressively pointless* is my new favourite phrase
anomally, April 19, 2022 5:46 AM NST
What would you even use a "digital sticker" for? Couldn't you just take a png/jpeg/whatever of your pet for free and use that? Why pay for something so close to NFTs?
floop695, April 19, 2022 9:21 AM NST
Why would i pay for a digital sticker of the base art of a Neopet? Isn't this like the jokes we make about NFTs but legitimate?

I own all these stickers already, in multiple forms, and they're freely available all over the internet. Neopets even has printable versions of lots of their stuff so it's fully legal to print their stuff on sticker paper (approaching this from the mindset of early 2000's tween tbh)

But more seriously, why would these retain any value!? Another scam.

This isn't the most well written rant, but I can't even be bothered anymore
apophis324, April 19, 2022 12:26 PM NST
@floop695: Your 2000s tween version has a good point, but the 2020s tween would say "but how can I send my friends those stickers through my phone?"
roshchodesh, April 19, 2022 12:45 PM NST
...If there are any tweens that even know about neopets. I think they are sending stickers a little more ambitious than a Blue Bruce
demi_, April 20, 2022 12:52 PM NST
My favorite part of JN's coverage (I am being genuine here, not sarcastic) is that they don't even really need to take a jab at this one. The dutiful reporting yet lack of enthusiasm speaks for itself.
serpentshrine, April 21, 2022 1:26 AM NST
Has Quidd even LAUNCHED their NFT marketplace yet? Last time I checked it was taking so long that crypto folks were complaining and they were losing the average customer due to mishandling of IPs and the website design.
absolutejudith, April 21, 2022 4:33 PM NST
Just completed 22 levels. Now it wants me to bind my account. No matter how many codes it sends, and no matter how many times I enter the code correctly, it will not bind. I guess I won't be able to play anymore
roshchodesh, April 28, 2022 1:57 PM NST
^^"the dutiful reporting yet lack of enthusiasm speaks for itself"

oh yes it does, it does. Sublime. Understated.