Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Create your own wishlists!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Rubbish Dump Day, Saturday, April 16th!
  • Posted on April 16, 2022, 12:00 am NST

Thank you to all who came out to Meridell and participated in Rubbish Dump Day! We saw a lot of trash flowing through, and we saw a lot of you getting the avatar! We're thinking of making this a monthly event—let us know if you'd like to see another Rubbish Dump Day in the comments!

Earlier this week, TNT updated the Rubbish Dump to increase the drop rate of "rubbish" eligible for the avatar. (And we've even seen some Hidden Tower items pop up that weren't previously confirmed as prizes!)

The Rubbish Dump is special in that items dropped there appear after a Neopian visits the dump. The more people visiting and refreshing, the more rubbish dropped, and the more opportunities there are for avatar items to appear!

Interest in visiting the Dump wanes over time—and we want to change that! We're joining with Brina from the /r/Neopets Discord to have a special Rubbish Dump event on Saturday, April 16th starting at 10:00 AM NST.

Starting later today, here's how you can gather and participate:

If you DON'T have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to generate rubbish!
  • Claim up to 9 pieces of rubbish to clear the way for more items to appear. (And make sure not to claim anything from the Money Tree or Second-Hand Shoppe... it's 10 items max from all 3 locations combined!)
  • Save your last rubbish claim for when an avatar item pops up. (You can claim up to 10 items from the Rubbish Dump per day.)
  • Review our guide to familiarize yourself with which items are eligible for the avatar.

If you DO have the avatar...
  • Visit the Rubbish Dump in Meridell and refresh to help generate rubbish! Even if you have the avatar, refreshing helps generate more "donations" that will show up later. (And that means more opportunities for avatar items to pop up!)
  • Claim up to 10 pieces of rubbish to help clear the way for avatar-eligible items to appear.
  • Be kind and leave the cheaper avatar-eligible items (like the Fading Bottled Faeries) for those who need the avatar! We won't mind, however, if you try sniping a Dung Catapult.

The more the merrier, so share this post with your Neofriends and guildmates!

As you participate, let us know in the comments what junk—or treasures—you've seen or picked up! And let us know if you get the avatar so we can celebrate with you.

beyondelsewhere, April 16, 2022 6:58 AM NST
I still need this avatar. If I am back from running my errands at that point I'm in!
ummy - JN Staff, April 16, 2022 7:53 AM NST
TNT should up the level of max items we can get per day up to 20 and that would dramatically help move out items from the Rubbish Dump and Money Tree.
petpupplet56, April 16, 2022 8:19 AM NST
@ummy, I agree. Sometimes, there is too much of the same item and I wish for it to stop.
claytonskitten, April 16, 2022 8:38 AM NST
Welp, there goes my entire productivity for the day -- I've needed this avatar for FAR too long.
hail, April 16, 2022 10:32 AM NST
Gotta stop for the day and do other things, but it was really moving there for a while! Didn't get the avatar, but I saw 5 faeries, 4 petpets, and an everlasting apple go by!
suzuka - JN Staff, April 16, 2022 11:01 AM NST
Have the avatar already so collecting dung to move things along
1jediboy, April 16, 2022 11:29 AM NST
Yes! I got the avatar today! Thanks for the post, Jellyneo!
zanzia, April 16, 2022 11:31 AM NST
Gonna skip trying for today. I wouldn't put it past anyone to grab up the lovelies even if they have the avvie (looking at you, Kad overfeeders).
whiffet, April 16, 2022 11:47 AM NST
I'm giving it a shot while I wait for my laundry to be done, but I doubt I'm getting anything. Did see some neat stuff though, including a Turmac! Really sad to miss that one. Turmacs are so cute.
butterflyvj, April 16, 2022 11:51 AM NST
It's really moving! Good job organizing this! I don't have the avatar so I'm trying, but I've missed quite a few petpets and even a paint brush. Let's go!
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 12:29 PM NST
Is the event still going on?
i_love_latin - JN Staff, April 16, 2022 12:31 PM NST
@pikachu315111: It's still going! Things are moving pretty fast, and I've seen (and missed lol) almost 10 avatar items in the last half hour.
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 12:35 PM NST
@ i_love_latin: Alright, thanks! I've only seen one Apple Core so far.
claytonskitten, April 16, 2022 12:44 PM NST
I've seen quite a few avvie items as well as healing potions and codestones, no luck nabbing any tho. More than likely folks are snatching them up regardless of whether they've the avvie or not. But it's fun to try anyways!!
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 12:53 PM NST
What Hidden Tower items appear? Like I just saw an Everlasting Apple which feels fitting.
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 1:14 PM NST
Things seem to have slowed down.
1jediboy, April 16, 2022 1:28 PM NST
A "Jhudora the Dark Faerie Doll" is what got me the avatar.
stracer, April 16, 2022 1:43 PM NST
I've seen an enchanted kiko squeeze toy, a dark faerie doll, couple of Turmacs, a silver PB and a few bottled faeries. Didn't catch anything though, not even a dung pizza. Will this become an annual event?
coryldork, April 16, 2022 1:52 PM NST
I'd love for this to happen semi-regularly! Popping in now, grabbed 9 items, just refreshing now to see if I can get the av. this is a great idea!
adridiez, April 16, 2022 2:03 PM NST
Trying to get something for the past three hours.. I'm exhausted. Good luck everyone! As for me I'll try sometime in the future
roxas_13, April 16, 2022 2:33 PM NST
i missed a whiny but i nabbed 9 junk items to help expedite the chances of someone getting the avatar items
nacbokmagi, April 16, 2022 2:43 PM NST
It's super hard to grab anything that concedes the avy; never thought it could get worse that the Tree, but I guess I was wrong!
dave - JN Staff, April 16, 2022 2:47 PM NST
I gave up... but grabbed my 10x junk!!

Old Croutons
Soggy Old Box
1jediboy, April 16, 2022 2:49 PM NST
@dave - Thank you for cleaning up! 👍
1jediboy, April 16, 2022 2:50 PM NST
@roxas_13 - You too! Thank you for cleaning up! 👍
inverted_destiny, April 16, 2022 2:59 PM NST
Cleaned up 10, good luck!
dietercoke, April 16, 2022 3:04 PM NST
I got the avatar the other day, I was so happy lol I got a fading faerie for it
voidberry, April 16, 2022 3:25 PM NST
Things seem to have slowed. Should we see to making this a semi-annual event?
purplebin, April 16, 2022 3:29 PM NST
I've been seeing a lot of avatar items, but my computer is too slow for me to get them...
gumdrops, April 16, 2022 3:42 PM NST
My connection is just too slow I guess. I did pick up 10 Old Paper.

I'll just throw this one in with the stamp and game scores of avatars I probably just won't get.
cutiepie4707, April 16, 2022 3:53 PM NST
Late to the party but having fun refreshing & grabbing junk along the way. So far only saw a codestone & wasn't fast enough to get it. Still hoping to get the avatar today.
ilovedachshunds, April 16, 2022 4:11 PM NST
A Dung Catapult just spawned. o_0 I tried; congratulations to whoever got it.

I'm still on the hunt for the avvie.
terraswan, April 16, 2022 5:54 PM NST
Ugh, I got the message that I got the avatar even though I missed the item. When I went to check, I confirmed that I did not get the avvie. Anyone else get a glitch like that?
darkelfa, April 16, 2022 6:51 PM NST
Hi Hi~
Will you do more of those planned events in the future?
ilovedachshunds, April 16, 2022 7:05 PM NST
@terraswan That is a known glitch; see the bottom of JN's Rubbish Dump guide. The glitch trolled me the other day. Still trying.
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 7:24 PM NST
Maybe try organizing another event tomorrow around the same time, I think more people will be available as well.
ilovedachshunds, April 16, 2022 7:28 PM NST
Suggestion: We can call Rubbish Dump events "Stinky Saturdays/Sundays."
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 7:29 PM NST
UGGH! There was a Light Faerie and a Dragoyle one after the other and I missed both!
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 8:05 PM NST
Now it was a Turtum and a Turmac in a row! This rubbish dump is messing with me.
hotliquidjello, April 16, 2022 8:06 PM NST
Seen a bottle earth faerie, blue pb, and a dung catapult. No luck snagging one yet.
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 8:11 PM NST
I GOT IT (with a Dragoyle)!

I'll be sure to stop by it everyday and get 10 junk items.
cheyennet2, April 16, 2022 9:20 PM NST
I hope many people were able to get the avatar today. I spent a few hours refreshing and must have seen at least 50 avatar items go by but didn't have any luck yet. I guess that just means 50 others were more fortunate, so I can't complain. Here's to tomorrow!
sadduck, April 16, 2022 9:31 PM NST
I refreshed multiples times over a Dung Catapult thinking it was a rubbish item... Just checked the TP history,, going to bed angry
pikachu315111, April 16, 2022 10:05 PM NST
@ sadduck: If it'll make you feel better just pretend you did click on the 3 you saw but was told it was too late. Why yes, I'm speaking from experience. *sigh* (Not that I'm complaining as I got the Avatar... though it being from a HT item would have been a very nice bonus).
galifan, April 16, 2022 10:18 PM NST
Found lots of that wonderful stuff that's brown and sounds like a bell... Anyone remember the old days when you could give unlimited "presents" to your friends?
marnee, April 17, 2022 2:19 AM NST
I missed quite a few avatar items today but Woo-hoo! Just picked up a Darigan Paint Brush! This team effort has been so cool - I'll continue to pick up items and refresh.
ilovedachshunds, April 17, 2022 2:22 AM NST
Woooo, I FINALLY GOT THE AVATAR after 10+ hours of refreshing this week, and countless misses! Just a Whinny, but I don't care! It's over!
apophis324, April 17, 2022 3:04 AM NST
I doubt I'll get it. I'm not dedicated enough. Congrats to everyone who has got it and thanks to everyone helping out!
hdawg1995, April 17, 2022 8:59 AM NST
didn't get the avatar during the event, but i kinda hope this is a yearly thing. i love community stuff like this!
tpandai, April 17, 2022 9:23 AM NST
I would love to see his be a monthly event! I love having community goals and working together!
claytonskitten, April 17, 2022 9:33 AM NST
Tried again today... saw a half dozen bottled faeries, a Silver PB, Jhudora doll, and Turmac but missed them all.

Would LOVE this to be a monthly thing even if I manage to get the avvie -- such fun for all users!

Also: we should mass petition TNT to make the codestones/healing potions avvie eligible items; they are NOT rubbish!
zeelink, April 17, 2022 9:51 AM NST
A monthly event would be great!
janice_theep, April 17, 2022 10:09 AM NST
I would definitely like to see another Rubbish Dump Day!!!
This would make a GREAT monthly event!!
ummy - JN Staff, April 17, 2022 10:31 AM NST
Honestly a weekly event would be better. It gets more people the avatar and it's easy to remember it's on every time it rolls around. There's only so many people who can win in one event.
quincybutter, April 17, 2022 10:35 AM NST
As someone who missed this event, I definitely implore some more "rubbish days"
coolkaius, April 17, 2022 11:11 AM NST
Please make this a regularly scheduled event! I always need more avatars!
bleachedalbino, April 17, 2022 11:25 AM NST
Would love to see another regularly scheduled Rubbish Day! I think if it wasn't a holiday weekend, the turnout could've been greater as well.
dramaqueen101_8, April 17, 2022 11:43 AM NST
Would definitely like to see another! I did some refreshing yesterday but was a bit too slow on the mouse to grab anything. Was nice to see items flowing through though!
rydenlover, April 17, 2022 11:46 AM NST
I totally missed this one so please make this a regular thing
twistedlittledreamer, April 17, 2022 1:00 PM NST
I didn't have any luck in getting the avatar, saw a couple of items but wasn't fast enough in clicking on them, so would love to see this become a monthly thing!
beyondelsewhere, April 17, 2022 2:11 PM NST
Monthly rubbish dumping please!
mistyraider, April 17, 2022 3:12 PM NST
I don't have the avatar yet, so monthly rubbish dumping would be great.
jomargem, April 17, 2022 3:22 PM NST
Monthly would be awesome!
xid, April 17, 2022 5:13 PM NST
I missed this! Congrats to all those that got the avatar!
I just saw a faerie, but wasn't able to grab it. First time ever seeing something though. I'd love for this to become a recurrent event, thanks!
1jediboy, April 17, 2022 5:44 PM NST
Monthly? Yes, please!
dragon_girl_haku, April 17, 2022 5:59 PM NST
More rubbish days please! Did a few hours but didn't get it. I also saw that Dung Catapult go past but didn't get it.
skaboy, April 17, 2022 7:14 PM NST
would love to see this come back monthly as I missed my chance yesterday!
lasergu, April 17, 2022 7:51 PM NST
I'd love to see this event return on a regular basis. I missed three attempts to get the avatar (two Apple Cores and a Jhudora doll), so it would definitely help to do this in the future.
coryldork, April 17, 2022 8:12 PM NST
I managed to get the avvie with a blue paint brush! I'd love to see this recurring monthly. I'd come in and help how I can!
sssidneyy, April 17, 2022 9:28 PM NST
Missed this one. Would love to see it done more than once a month maybe two or 3 times.
surferboard_girl, April 17, 2022 9:30 PM NST
Adding my vote to monthly rubbish dumping!
gabzzz12, April 17, 2022 10:26 PM NST
Please make this a monthly thing!
chocorosa, April 17, 2022 10:40 PM NST
I'd love it to be monthly! I saw this entry too late so I missed it.
kiwimania, April 17, 2022 11:37 PM NST
this was a really cute idea i'd love to see it be a regular event!!
starryfaerie, April 18, 2022 12:27 AM NST
It'll be great if this was a regular event. Perhaps the event could also be held at different times of the Neopian Day? For some of us 10am NST is in the middle of the night!!
starryfaerie, April 18, 2022 12:29 AM NST
I also agree with Ummy's suggestion that weekly would be better than monthly.
apophis324, April 18, 2022 12:35 AM NST
A monthly event would be fine with me. Don't make it too often, people will lose interest sooner if it's done too often. Again, I won't participate (for proud lack of Discord), but there are plenty that would appreciate it!
tomatereloco, April 18, 2022 12:45 AM NST
Please make it a monthly event
omegaluke, April 18, 2022 12:56 AM NST
yes please make this monthly
maraquanfaerie, April 18, 2022 1:28 AM NST
I suppose I'm not allowed to visit Rubbish dumb with side accounts?
maraquanfaerie, April 18, 2022 1:53 AM NST
I got the avatar Apparently I was only a paint brush away from it, yay!
roshchodesh, April 18, 2022 5:03 AM NST
Saturday was ❤️ Passover, Easter Vigil, and Ramadan ❤️ and some missed the event, so it would be cool if we could do this again
white_lion, April 18, 2022 6:29 AM NST
I refreshed for awhile but missed all of the avatar items. I'd love to do this again!
treerunner, April 18, 2022 8:02 AM NST
Monthly would be fantastic, but have it be the whole weekend for focusing on moving things. And it would be greatly appreciated if those that have the avvie leave the cheaper avvie items alone for those that need it. I've been playing for over 20yrs and STILL don't have this avatar!
beautiful_grrl_182, April 18, 2022 9:27 AM NST
I missed it! I would love to see this monthly!
scriptom, April 18, 2022 11:47 AM NST
I also missed this and would love this to be a monthly thing!!
premium17, April 18, 2022 12:55 PM NST
I wonder how many are getting the avatar a day ? Hopefull it will get easier as more and more get the avatar but I can see some refreshing to try to snap up multiple of the good items
lava, April 18, 2022 2:23 PM NST
make it monthly please!! yaassss
rodgerflint, April 18, 2022 4:05 PM NST
I wonder if they fixed the Money Tree bug where if you click on things there when you've already gotten 10 items they would disappear. I also wonder, if they haven't, would it work at the Dump as well.
seven_dead_owls, April 18, 2022 7:28 PM NST
I didn't get the avatar, maybe next month if this becomes a monthly thing, or maybe bimonthly since I feel a lot of people need it. I did get a couple things I've never seen outside the guide though like the paper, spoon and fish skeleton thing which was pretty cool
fiore_9_45, April 19, 2022 12:11 AM NST
I missed this event, and would like to see another one planned in the future!
axurebee, April 21, 2022 5:13 PM NST
Love the idea of monthly!! I also still need this avatar. (Or even if it's just Saturday at 10 NST every week.)