Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Zelda
Site Redesign: More Maps + QOL Updates
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on April 11, 2022, 8:56 pm NST

Update: Moltara worm quest is now fully active!

At long last, the much-awaited v.0.4.9 beta update is here!

This round of updates includes new maps for several locations, updates to various pet-related pages, and a few exciting miscellaneous upgrades.

New HTML5 Maps:

The Moltara worm quest is on its way back to functionality, but it's still a work-in-progress:
If there are worms, they may be a little disoriented right now.

Pets & Petpets:
  • Pet lookups now show static images instead of RIP Flash notice (as of a few weeks ago).
  • Quickref page itself is not converted, but static pet images now appear, as well as the option to convert UC pets.
  • Alphabetical pet order is now rolling out across user lookups and (more slowly) Quickref pages.
  • You can now efficiently book all your pets in a single reservation at the Neolodge, though the page itself is not converted.
  • You can now visit your petpets and petpetpets from the homepage (the interaction page is also fully converted):

Miscellaneous:

Check out the release notes for full details on bug fixes and upcoming plans.

white_rabbit1142, April 11, 2022 9:14 PM NST
My mind is blown! I so missed the maps of faerie land!!! I hope the continue to roll out new updates♡
1jediboy, April 11, 2022 9:28 PM NST
Thank you! 🤩😭

I'm so grateful!
saiphami, April 11, 2022 9:30 PM NST
bless u tnt
salem_822, April 11, 2022 9:32 PM NST
I want so badly to believe in them, and not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but that's the wrong Faerie City map. (Though if we travelled back in time a decade to prevent this timeline from ever occurring, I wouldn't complain.)
mavegibson, April 11, 2022 10:02 PM NST
Glad for these updates, especially the bulk Neolodge booking feature. Although I hope that we'll eventually be able to sort our pets however we like. Alphabetic is no better than the current option.
maggma99, April 11, 2022 10:16 PM NST
They also fixed the Almost Abandoned Attic, finally.

This is a big step in the right direction. Hoping TNT keeps this pace up!
queenvela, April 11, 2022 10:38 PM NST
Really happy they are not giving up!
pacneo34, April 11, 2022 10:50 PM NST
Almost Abandoned Attic is back! :o
trisangum, April 11, 2022 11:42 PM NST
Haven't seen the attic getting items
sabriogando, April 11, 2022 11:55 PM NST
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
apophis324, April 12, 2022 12:08 AM NST
@trisangum: I have ^^ Keep checking back!

I want to say it again though: WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BIIIG? And it feels slow.. Also, why is the sign next to the wanderer's camp not working? >: | I don't need to visit the wanderers (that need a more mystical name!) every time I want to visit Neovia..
apophis324, April 12, 2022 12:13 AM NST
Plus, I think it's a shame they still didn't find a way to make Grave Danger's crypt look like it actually belongs on the Neovia map..
biediep, April 12, 2022 12:17 AM NST
I really wish they would've waited with the alphabetic pets thing until they were ready to release the option for us to arrange them the way we want... Never been a fan of alphabetical when it comes to our pets and never will be..

BUT.. excuse me.. THE ATTIC IS BACK WHAT?!
nobody, April 12, 2022 12:18 AM NST
Neolodge Button best button.
galifan, April 12, 2022 12:39 AM NST
Thanks, JN, for keeping people interested.
tomatereloco, April 12, 2022 12:58 AM NST
@salem_822 what's wrong with such map?

@JN, are there numbers or evidence regarding the avvie items spawn rate increased?
lydia, April 12, 2022 1:11 AM NST
Great news!
Happy to see neopets going back to the way it used to be
iloveeevee, April 12, 2022 2:18 AM NST
Okay the neolodge thing is actually really cool, love that
faellie_ridiculous, April 12, 2022 3:25 AM NST
Good news is good! We needed those maps!

Too bad I had to lodge my pets individually yesterday. That took quite a while. This should be a real time saver going forward.
biediep, April 12, 2022 3:48 AM NST
Neolodge button is a life saver for sure now that we can have so many pets!

And I had to see it to believe it, but the Attic really is back!! I even managed to buy an item! It ended up being worth about the same as what I paid for it, I'm not a restocker so I know nothing about values except for stamps and a handful of Gourmet foods but hey, at least I got something. YAY
ducky - JN Staff, April 12, 2022 3:51 AM NST
AAA seems to have old time system, next possible RF is 3:55:35 -ish

(if someone wants to start keep track. Charter already has board for it)
white_rabbit1142, April 12, 2022 6:23 AM NST
Is the attic restocking again??
pigfish99, April 12, 2022 6:30 AM NST
The map updates are pretty huge; Having them back gives a lot more atomsphere to neopia.

however, the neolodge update? oh my fyora, that will be amazing for people with 20 neopets on 1 account.
alasne, April 12, 2022 6:40 AM NST
These news are so awesome!
I didn't had the chance to even try to buy at the Attic back then so i'll be happy to try now! The Neolodge update was gold and the most needed thing!
remy, April 12, 2022 6:43 AM NST
Avatar item drop rates at the Meridell Rubbish Dump appear to have increased significantly.

HALLELUJAH.
salem_822, April 12, 2022 6:45 AM NST
@tomatereloco

See how everything is damaged and boarded up? That's the old version of the map from the end of the Faeries' Ruin plot. The current version (or what's supposed to be the current version) looks like this: https://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=guidetoneopia&world=5&map=1
lilliae, April 12, 2022 6:46 AM NST
@tomatereloco- The current Faerie City map has the Quest door boarded up still. It looks like this was the map that was used during the Faerie's Ruin plot, iirc. Here's what it looked like after the plot was resolved and peace was restored

bookofages.jellyneo.net/assets/imgs/lands/pages/faerieland_faerie-city-map.png

Pretty similar, but yeah lol. Idk i'm hopeful though, maybe this was intentional, and we're going to get a plot soon?? Fingers crossed! I'm already super excited about the implications that the upcoming Negg Festival may have ties to the old ToW plot!
lilliae, April 12, 2022 6:47 AM NST
Oop, i was a minute too slow, lol. Sorry about that, salem_822!!
salem_822, April 12, 2022 6:49 AM NST
No prob! Lol
dzufiasta, April 12, 2022 7:58 AM NST
Nice~!
minidriver, April 12, 2022 9:06 AM NST
So many Maps! Neolodge Update! Moltara Worms working soon! Abandoned Attic!

Starting to feel like home again!
kodiakbermun, April 12, 2022 9:52 AM NST
I saw a Silver Paint Brush at the Rubbish Dump after just a few refreshes today - I was too slow of course, but that's the first time I've ever seen a non-junk item there in 15 years on Neopets
surferboard_girl, April 12, 2022 12:36 PM NST
Super stoked about the updates! I've been refreshing the Rubbish Dump and AAA for the last half hour or so and still haven't seen anything/non junk at either, but I've heard from other people they've seen items, so fingers crossed my account isn't completely cursed.
topaz644, April 12, 2022 1:08 PM NST
@ lilliae and others waiting for plots.

Just be happy the site is working and the few people that are TNT are trying their best with very limited resources.

I want plots too but be realistic. Things need fixing. Important things.
kyrette, April 12, 2022 1:53 PM NST
Still no Qasala map update? Aw man. However I'm happy about the bulk Neolodging option, it was needed. And glad the attic is back! I wasn't able to go there before it closed since my main hadn't aged.
kyrette, April 12, 2022 1:56 PM NST
Honestly I'd rather they fix what they have to fix before introducing any plots. Also that they're better acquainted with the site's lore as well.
reconnection, April 12, 2022 8:19 PM NST
No joke about the items at the rubbish dump. Only a few refreshes and I saw a healing potion, a dark faerie doll, something else, and I snagged a bottled faerie to get the avatar. Not even a full 5 minutes of refreshing.
pretzel_shoyru, April 12, 2022 9:01 PM NST
I had to double check that today is not April fools because I can't believe the attic is back!
dreww355, April 12, 2022 11:05 PM NST
The worm quest is working again. I was just able to collect one.
premium17, April 13, 2022 7:59 AM NST
Whats the change to the money tree ?
dillpickles, April 13, 2022 8:08 AM NST
I picked up a Healing Potion XIX from the dump...but didn't get the avatar.
dillpickles, April 13, 2022 8:13 AM NST
Nevermind. Forgot that healing potions are still considered "rubbish." Ah, well.
surferboard_girl, April 13, 2022 5:57 PM NST
I've spent nearly two and a half hours in half hour increments refreshing and haven't seen a single avvie item, and same goes for the AAA. I've been regularly refreshing and haven't seen a single item. I know these are site wide updates but is there a chance an account just like...doesn't access the updates?
shortyluvsya182, April 14, 2022 6:46 PM NST
Any idea if the worms being active again means the same for Miscellaneous Gears from the map, or the Scrap Metal and Stone random event?
dreww355, April 15, 2022 4:03 PM NST
In all my refreshing for the worms, I haven't seen any gears.