Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Help us model your pets!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Festival of Neggs Heads to Neovia
  • Posted on April 5, 2022, 1:47 pm NST

A newsletter email went out earlier this morning with some new information on this year's Festival of Neggs event. It looks like the event will be hosted in Neovia:

The 2022 Festival of Neggs is coming this month... 🌻 And this year, the highly-anticipated event will bring us to Neovia. A spooky on-site scavenger hunt awaits us this April! Are you ready to venture down the rabbit hole? 👀 Keep your eyes peeled…

You can read the newsletter in full here. (Mostly information about merch, including newly announced digital trading cards.)

And in case you missed last week's Editorial #957, Aesop provided a few more details about the upcoming Festival:

Very excited to say that yes there will be a Festival of Neggs soon!

Kari has mentioned trying something different this year, hinting that she has already found a brand new locale where she will be hosting the Festival! She also warned us that setting up in a new location is taking more time to prepare, which means the Festival will be taking place a tad later than usual this year. However, it sounds like it will be well worth the wait!

Oh! And we did hear through the neggvine that one of the neggs this year will in fact be giving out an album item... ~~Aesop

herdy - JN Staff, April 5, 2022 2:00 PM NST
Specifically, from the background of the promotional email, it looks like Kari may be pitching the festival grounds in the inner courtyard of Meepit Oaks Asylum from the Tale of Woe. Or a building that looks very similar.
tpandai, April 5, 2022 2:14 PM NST
Trying to temper expectations but honestly I think this could be very interesting! I would love to see tnt experimenting more with these old events to try to make them feel new! I hope that this goes well and is enjoyable
surferboard_girl, April 5, 2022 2:21 PM NST
Oooh Neovia is definitely my favourite place/vibe and I am very excited for this event!! Tentative hopes that it goes well.
shandaman777, April 5, 2022 2:29 PM NST
Tale of Woe was one of my favorite plots. I am excited Neovia is getting some love again!
themeepit32, April 5, 2022 3:56 PM NST
I do love the old Victorian Neovia
br1ttany, April 5, 2022 6:19 PM NST
I love Neovia and all things Haunted Woods so this is exciting! Like Halloween's come early this year.
mavegibson, April 5, 2022 7:04 PM NST
Not getting my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up.

katina_choovanski, April 5, 2022 9:37 PM NST
Digital trading cards? Does anyone smell NFT's?? Yet another money grabbing--in the midst of all the defunct wearable fiasco. Really TNT?? Why are they selling more and fixing less??
galifan, April 5, 2022 10:16 PM NST
What's the theme, the Nightmare before Passover? Will we be getting Gefilte Koi and Haunted Matzo?
zeelink, April 6, 2022 12:05 AM NST
This sounds good, I like that they're trying to mix things up.
apophis324, April 6, 2022 12:06 AM NST
Another food-related event starting in Neovia. Have we learned nothing from the Spooky Food Eating Contest? > -<

(Also, to everyone being hyped up about it being in Neovia because the Tale of Woe was their favourite plot, allow me to crush your enthusiasm. This is not the TNT that brought us that plot, this is the TNT that brought us The Lost Heirloom. The TNT that killed off (?) Kanrik in a side-event. The TNT that made captain Rourke seem interested in charity. The TNT that invented Hopsi and suddenly made him a Terminator. Do NOT get your hopes up.)
twistedlittledreamer, April 6, 2022 4:03 AM NST
looks like it could be very interesting
recklesse, April 6, 2022 4:27 AM NST
I wonder if the newsletter was drafted before they realised they were behind schedule and 'this month' no longer applies?
oldtimereturner29, April 6, 2022 5:28 AM NST
i'm hoping for some BD weapons!
abbsynthe, April 6, 2022 8:44 AM NST
Yay spooky!
claytonskitten, April 6, 2022 8:46 AM NST
Victorian-inspired Spring items? With a Meepit or Tale of Woe twist? Looks like fun. Hopefully it's not all NC based tho. I want SOME of the new items/wearables to be NP ones!
solsticesprite, April 6, 2022 9:17 AM NST
Neopets already has digital trading cards?
dave - JN Staff, April 6, 2022 9:24 AM NST
@katina_choovanski: The company releasing these (UpperDeck) hasn't made any mention of whether these will be NFT-related. The company seems to dabble in NFTs, but their bread and butter is selling digital trading cards and (this part is the differentiator) allowing you to "cash" the digital cards out for physical copies via mail.

It's still unclear on what the Neopets cards will feature, as their only press release doesn't clearly define if physical cards will be offered or not. (And it also doesn't mention NFTs.)

That being said--the digital Neopets crap is getting a little boring. First the Metaverse. Then the delayed Quidd "digital collectibles" (still unreleased). And now these trading cards.
cheyennet2, April 6, 2022 10:42 AM NST
Speaking of collectible cards, they really ought to release more of those again. Both in game and physical. It has been so long and there have been so many new characters.

As for the festival of neggs- I appreciate that they are putting effort into it, but I also wonder if they shouldn't be spending so much time trying to make this annual event special when the site is in shambles.
kyrette, April 6, 2022 11:46 AM NST
Anyone else getting a lot of 502 and 504 errors in Neo?
apophis324, April 6, 2022 12:09 PM NST
Weren't they releasing a major update "early this week"? Of course I'm European so my timezone doesn't matter, but the week is half over already. Early means Monday, Tuesday at the latest...
recklesse, April 6, 2022 1:21 PM NST
TNT has a very ‘flexible’ relationship with time.

Next Week can mean anything from 5 days to who knows when. Still waiting for the https board links 20 weeks on.
elphapa_the_wicked, April 6, 2022 1:32 PM NST
Could this be why Topsy looked so crazed last year? They're tying in the madness to something that happened in Neopia somehow? Because that would be cool.
clock_flower, April 6, 2022 2:08 PM NST
I can't help but wonder if the major update "early this week" was delayed because of a board that was posted early Monday demanding the update rather rudely. Really hoping it's not a "this is why we can't have nice things" kind of situation.
clock_flower, April 6, 2022 2:10 PM NST
Also yay Neovia!
Any event that involves my favorite land/favorite plot is a good one in my book. My Vandy is also going to be super happy about this news
josie, April 6, 2022 3:58 PM NST
I'm looking forward to this so much!

Is there an update when they will fix the pet's customization glitch?
kyrette, April 6, 2022 5:11 PM NST
This sounds interesting, but I can't help but agree with apophis324. This TNT doesn't know nothing about the site's lore. TLH was a major disappointment for this Lost Desert fan. Meh. Oh well, new event means new items so that's something, I guess?
roshchodesh, April 6, 2022 8:21 PM NST
@galifan (are you a member of the tribe?) re: "Night Before Passover"
find the:
Beitzah Negg
Chockato Charoset
Uni Radish Maror
Jelly Parsley
Grarrl Garden Salad
Lean Meat Kebob
4 Magenorb Juice

and Hide the Afikoman

a nod to all kinds of other traditions sounds good to me
galifan, April 6, 2022 10:33 PM NST
@roshchodesh AWESOME! long overdue IMO Jelly doughnuts and potato pancakes from the advent calendar, and Illusen Hamantaschen next year. Alas, my tribe is Zomutt.
lokaula, April 6, 2022 11:26 PM NST
Oooooo!! Sounds like spooky fun!!
apophis324, April 7, 2022 12:14 AM NST
Speaking of long overdue. How can it be that only now they're thinking of bringing back a link to the Neoboards preferences page? TNT is so weird with their priorities..
recklesse, April 7, 2022 3:16 AM NST
----

I find it more concerning that they see a simple link as a 'feature' that needs to be discussed for two years and then has to be 'worked on' before it can be added back.
roshchodesh, April 7, 2022 6:26 AM NST
@apophis324
Ooooh, now I know why I can't find the NEOBOARDS PREFERENCE PAGE, I thought I had forgotten how to access it.
Wait, so we get new avvies but can't use them? Seriously?😭
recklesse, April 7, 2022 6:35 AM NST
We can still use them. Many of us have the link to that page in our browser bookmarks. Just ask on the boards for the link. Or use one of the beta busting pet pages full of handy missing links.

It's just frustrating that TNT have taken 2 years to (not yet) provide a basic link to the board preferences (among others).
dave - JN Staff, April 7, 2022 10:16 AM NST
@recklesse: TNT seems to be very good at discussing and chatting about doing things, but not actually executing on them.

Just take a stroll through several recent editorials--plenty of promises to "look into" things, and even some promises to do things, but here we are without any of them being done.

I've also found it pretty disappointing how stagnant the site layout conversion has been. We haven't had a non-event update since last October. Why is the Giant Omelette still on the old layout? Or any other dailies for that matter?
roshchodesh, April 7, 2022 1:42 PM NST
@recklesse- thank you so much for sharing that info.
roshchodesh, April 7, 2022 2:04 PM NST
...and while they are meeting and talking and planning - TNT can somehow so thoughtfully and thoroughly design amazing and dazzling NC animated Gift Box Mystery Capsules and bonus gift boxes, and the like. I always wonder why, when I see the newest NC.
Speaking of NC, an orange sweater with what look like pumpkins on it for SPRING? Hmmm...maybe, the Festival of Neggs is being held in Neovia behind schedule so that by the time they get done it will be October? Grab yer orange pumpkin sweaters everyone
purplebin, April 7, 2022 3:57 PM NST
The new cardigan has tangerines! Although they are colored more like peaches.
roshchodesh, April 7, 2022 6:04 PM NST
I know they're tangerines, with stems/leaf that make it more like a pumpkin, to me
galifan, April 7, 2022 8:11 PM NST
Orange Pumpkin Sweaters -- Ooh! Someone could hold a contest to create the Ugliest Halloween Sweater. But probably won't. Look, I get that different people do different jobs, and NC items that bring in cash are higher priority than fixing older content or *cough* translating the old flash games *cough* and since I can't afford to buy the company I'll just have to accept that the site is a survivor.
apophis324, April 8, 2022 12:50 AM NST
WAIT! I get it now! The Festival of Neggs is being held in Neovia, right? Wasn't there a "All holidays on one day" thing going on in the Neoboards the other day? Maybe that's what they're doing now, to get it all out of their system and they can actually focus on making the site better instead of doodling up mildly entertaining side-content.
It's still such a shame there's often a big difference between NC art quality and regular item art quality..
roshchodesh, April 8, 2022 3:40 AM NST
,@galifan "ugliest Halloween sweater contest"

"and since I can't afford to buy the company "
Touvhè
puffkins2000, April 8, 2022 5:04 AM NST
I hope there will be some new Bruno-related items! <3 I bloody love him!
heaveaway05, April 8, 2022 6:42 AM NST
JN NEGG HUNT > NEOPETS NEGG HUNT
apophis324, April 8, 2022 8:52 AM NST
@puffkins2000: Oh you mean like that super pretty wig they released a couple of years ago, that doesn't even look like anything Bruno has on his head?
*puts salt away* Maybe I should stop. My apologies!
purplebin, April 8, 2022 10:21 AM NST
The Dip & Dye Neggs link is active in the mall now, although right now it's from last year. And I'm not sure it hasn't been there for a while...
roshchodesh, April 8, 2022 1:23 PM NST
neopets never disappoints!
puffkins2000, April 8, 2022 3:54 PM NST
@apophis324; lol, yeah, that wig was.... um... well, interesting to say the least. I was hoping for the unreleased items we never got from DD, or maybe a Negg with Bruno or something. I like spooky and Victorian, so this will be up my alley nevertheless!
roshchodesh, April 8, 2022 9:52 PM NST
The Festival of Neggs! Featuring everybunny's favourite, Easter Bruno! It's Spring in Neopia where it's always night and everyone dresses funny Zany country folk carry pitchforks and torches hoping to catch Easter Bruno walking his jaunty walk through the wanderers' camp and the Deserted Fairgrounds. Fun for all! Play games like "Find the Right Wig" and "Ugly Halloween Sweater Contest" or even "Is This a Deal or Last Year's Deal". Marvel at the broken games on the funway. You might catch Ssssidney before he leaves town to get a new job! And that's just the beginning...because we don't even know what we're doing yet!
apophis324, April 9, 2022 1:42 AM NST
@puffkins2000: Yeah, that would be neat! Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the Tale of Woe too. Big fan of Gilly and Sophie.. and the Spirit of Slumber (still one of my favourite plushies ^^).
I'm just a little worried they're going to flunk it up, whatever it is they have planned.. Like how Mr. Krawley suddenly appeared at that Faerie Festival and all Faeries decided to buy his potions for no good reason. Pretty pointless..
puffkins2000, April 9, 2022 5:23 AM NST
apophis324; no, no---I TOTALLY get what you mean. This IS, after all, the JS TNT, that really has no concept on Neo or lore, or really anything at all.
contessa, April 9, 2022 8:39 AM NST
roshchodesh,, apophis, puffkins and everyone - you so have it correct! I thought the festival of Neggs was to celebrate Spring, so why are we having it in such a dark and scary place? Truly, the JS TNT has apparently not paid attention to what the site and it's stories are, they have no clue. Sheesh.
parody_ham, April 9, 2022 11:29 AM NST
I'm low-key stoked to have Halloweaster? This will be fun!
roshchodesh, April 9, 2022 2:36 PM NST
Will be fun? Could be fun... could be great!
The Vernal Eternal Nocturnal Festival!
We hunt for spooky rotten neggs and when we find one at a game like at Coconut Shy (I miss Leeroy :cry, surprise! it's fixed! Coconuts will roll!
puffkins2000, April 9, 2022 3:28 PM NST
@parody_ham; I think it's called Easterween, lol. XD

I'm still looking forward to it, regardless of how much JS might mess up on it. ToW was one of the best plots, and I'll just be happy for some new non-wearable items (( hopefully on the creepy side )) items. And, sadly, also something "exciting" to do on Neo.
pikachu315111, April 9, 2022 6:14 PM NST
Hm, something just occurred to me. Despite this being the Festival of NEGGS run by the NEGG Faerie who also runs the NEGGERY, never had they incorporated Negg Tokens into the event.

* Never as a bonus prize either for finding Neggs or when final prizes are given away.
* Never as it's own side thing you can do and, not only can you use the ones you get at the Neggery, there's an additional mini-shop which offers event exclusive stuff for Negg Points.
* Not even focusing on giving away Neggs which give Negg Tokens; if they do its usually just because the Negg matches the festival's theme.

Would be interesting to see them somehow incorporate them in (or at least the Neggs which can be traded in for tokens). I would also suggestion maybe even revamping the system since it's kind of archaic, but I'm not sure if JS even knows its a thing.
pikachu315111, April 9, 2022 6:15 PM NST
And in case you don't know what I'm talking about:

mistyraider, April 10, 2022 4:05 AM NST
@apophis324 Don't stop. It's actually a bit soothing to see other people are as bitter as I am about a site that *used to be* my favorite place. Thank goodness for Jn and everyone here!

And don't get me started about how tough it is to customize these days!
roshchodesh, April 10, 2022 5:17 AM NST
I shudder to think that the album item might be tied to the NC part of the festival...
I hope I end up back here apologizing for my sarcasm and it turns out to be awesome
apophis324, April 11, 2022 1:04 AM NST
@mistyraider: Oh I likely won't stop, but sometimes it's better to put the salt away. It's not good for one's health
logicalwhimsy, April 11, 2022 7:31 AM NST
Uh... I've always viewed the Haunted Woods (and by extension Neovia) the same way as the town in The Nightmare Before Christmas - that is, distinctly autumnal year-round. I can imagine heatwaves in Summer and snowfall in Winter but... Springtime? Not really. Odd choice.
galifan, April 11, 2022 8:20 AM NST
Black and orange and purple tulips. Or paint and sparkles, like what people use on chicken eggs -- though it's harder when one starts with brown eggs.
roshchodesh, April 11, 2022 11:37 AM NST
Harder still with Vampire Eggs. I mean if you can even find them these days...
galifan, April 11, 2022 3:36 PM NST
I thought vampires were batty, could it be that they're just chicken?
purplebin, April 11, 2022 3:47 PM NST
Looks like it starts tomorrow!!
roshchodesh, April 11, 2022 4:02 PM NST
@galifan TOUCHE`!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
twistedlittledreamer, April 11, 2022 4:35 PM NST
guess we will find out tomorrow or Wednesday according to the new features
topaz644, April 12, 2022 11:09 AM NST
Neggfest has started but it's not working for me. I'm on FF and not switching. (yes I allowed all on the pages)

I'll give it some time to get fixed.
topaz644, April 12, 2022 11:15 AM NST
I have the Black Market Boon on the petpet shop page. Could that be a problem?
hdawg1995, April 16, 2022 6:02 PM NST
I feel kinda bad being more excited about the neopets TCG coming back than the negg fest XD
i just hope its the good tcg and not that "baseball card" one they tried way back when.