Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Create your own wishlists!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Shoyru Day Roundup
  • Posted on April 4, 2022, 2:32 pm NST

A new colour is now released to celebrate Shoyru Day!

Oil Paint

A new set of Kentari-themed clothing is also now active!

adventurer262, April 4, 2022 2:38 PM NST
we've been long due for a Kentari outfit, Ill try to buy that one
oil paint though...I see van gogh inspired colors and I like that, but the orange on the wings vibrates a little too much to the point where it distracts from the overall design
inkpot, April 4, 2022 5:31 PM NST
i love the colors. though instead of paint it makes me think of yarn, lol.
nobody, April 4, 2022 9:16 PM NST
Hahaha! Vaporwave Glitch Puke. Odd direction, but not bad.
apophis324, April 4, 2022 11:49 PM NST
I think the Kentari outfit looks a bit bland.. but it's nice that the goatee is a seperate thing ^^

Oil Paint doesn't look very oil paint-y to me, however I do like the colours.
galifan, April 5, 2022 9:57 AM NST
I agree with inkpot, it looks like a "space dye" polyester knit stuffed toy with bathroom slippers. But I guess I shouldn't have expected the water lilies from Giverny.
surferboard_girl, April 5, 2022 2:26 PM NST
Oil Paint seems to be a really difficult category of pet colour. Looking at the available pets, it's not a consistent look at all.

I like the colour palette but the execution is just kind of flat. We really lose the Shoyru's right hand (it really blends into their side) and the eye also blends in quite a bit.

NGL, I feel like for a colour this specific, doing something like what they did with the Cybunny would be the best route to go. Taking specific oil painters and then modelling the pets after their style/a specific painting would make it a lot more cohesive.
remy, April 9, 2022 5:01 AM NST
Didn't know they released a Migraine Aura Paint Brush. Very oil paint, it just radiates hand-crafted design and not hashed-together on Photoshop because it's Shoyru Day.