Vonroo alert!

Altador Cup XVII
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Earn NP from playing games!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Site Glitches Update
  • Posted on April 1, 2022, 5:19 pm NST

TNT has posted a final update on yesterday's (3/31) glitches, particularly for those who found their Neopets unconverted:

Hey Neopians,

If you experienced UC pets showing up on your account yesterday, then this message is to let you know that everything is just about back to normal! If you had saved your pet before we reverted it back and you still see it as UC, you can either fix this yourself by resaving it in customization or wait until we have pushed out a fix. Please double check any trades you are making as some converted pets are still showing up as UCs.

We know seeing the UC pets was exciting for a lot of you, but before we can release UCs, we need to make sure they are perfect! After we have released the Festival of Neggs and the Altador Cup, then we will pivot to the UC options. Stay tuned for all of these exciting releases and more!

TNT

Of important note is the statement about the team pivoting to working on re-releasing UCs after the Altador Cup concludes this year.

coryldork, April 1, 2022 5:26 PM NST
It's nice to hear some transparency about upcoming events too. I'd love more of that.
hyunllx, April 1, 2022 5:36 PM NST
and to think if all those years ago theyd just given us the chance to pick between uncoverted uncustomizable art and converted customizable art when a paintbrush is used this would barely be a problem
1jediboy, April 1, 2022 7:23 PM NST
Thank you for the transparency.
claytonskitten, April 2, 2022 5:00 AM NST
Well... at least we know UCs are on the table!
savtalinda, April 2, 2022 2:51 PM NST
Can someone tell me what a UC is please? I get that it's "unconverted" - but what is an "unconverted" pet and a "converted" pet? All I know is that customization disappeared for some of my pets, but not all of them ?
dave - JN Staff, April 2, 2022 3:11 PM NST
@: Unconverted Neopets are simply those that use old artwork from before the big customisation revamp in 2007. They cannot wear any clothes, except for backgrounds and foregrounds and trinkets.

Only certain species/colours were given the option to remain in unconverted states after 2007. The only ways to have obtained an authentic UC pet was to have one of those special colour combos prior to the revamp. (Last year, it was revealed there was a hack that allowed nefarious users to create new UCs.)

You can find the full list of UC pets here: https://wardrobe.jellyneo.net/rainbow-pool/unconverted-neopets/

And coming at some point this year, TNT will be making UCs available for sale in the NC Mall.
pikachu315111, April 2, 2022 3:44 PM NST
Curious what they have planned for Negg Festival this year. Last year was certainly interesting to say as little as possible to not cause arguments. That said, with the mixed reception on how bonkers it was, I wonder if they're going to pull back, maybe go back to the previous year's focus on the Neggbreaker & Neggnapper.

And, oh boy, Altador Cup. I hope they adjusted the game according to our complaints. These were the ones I had: http://www.neopets.com/~Firo37. I'll still play of course, though my fun for the Altador Cup has gone down with all the changes made to it that doesn't improve on the experience and TNT's refusal change it, and this includes both old TNT and JS TNT.
spbeccah, April 2, 2022 6:23 PM NST
Do we have to re-customize our 'naked' pets?
myriamele, April 3, 2022 10:31 AM NST
Hm... do I turn in a bug report if some of the items my pet is wearing are showing up, but others aren't, and it's not all the same items in different windows? I mean, if I go to beta customization, I see a couple of them. Then if I open the neopets beta where the pets are on the same page, I don't see those, but I see a couple of the others. I tried re-customizing by removing all the items and re-wearing them, and even there it isn't showing them all, but it does show them as picked. I can't decide if this is bug worthy, or part of what they're in the process of fixing... what do you guys think?