The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Advent

Customisation Glitches
  • Posted on March 31, 2022, 6:06 am NST

UPDATE: As of mid-morning on April 1st, the Pound functions that were disabled yesterday have returned!

UPDATE: As of around 2:30 PM NST, the customisation issues remain, and the Neopian Pound has also been taken offline (adoptions and transfers), presumably to prevent issues from nefarious users trying to pawn off their "fake" UCs.

We apologise for the inconvenience. The Neopian Pound is temporarily closed. It seems that a lorry filled with vats of invisible paint colouring has flipped over behind the pound and it's affected our Neopets. Our staff is busy washing them off and hope to put them back up exactly as they were before as soon as we can.

Error: User to user trades are temporarily disabled.

UPDATE: As of around 1:30 PM NST, it appears that the site is back to snappy load times on a consistent basis. However, there appear to be some lingering issues with Neopets not showing up with their proper customisations (or still showing as UC).

On a possibly related note, pet lookups are now showing a static preview of Neopets—we'll make an additional post later if there are more beta release notes to share!

This morning has brought a variety of customisation glitches to Neopets, it's not just you!

• Converted Pets that have compatible Unconverted versions are appearing as Unconverted.
  • Unconverted Pets are appearing as Converted.
  • Most other pets are appearing as 'naked', without any customisation items including paint brush items.

The latter two glitches appear to come and go, and are not affecting everyone.

Whilst this glitch is likely temporary, for the time being we would advise avoiding customising your pets in case it breaks other things further down the line. You may also wish to be wary around pet trading currently, especially around UC pets, as they may not be what they appear to be while the glitch is ongoing.

Earlier this morning many pet-based activities like Faerie Quests and the Battledome were also inoperable, but these are now functioning normally again.

peanutbuttermilk, March 31, 2022 6:28 AM NST
i dont know what the heck theyre doing but it sure is fun to watch SOMETHING happen on this site for a change LOL. enjoying my new UC Tyrannian Peo while i have her!
topaz644, March 31, 2022 6:31 AM NST
Did they mess up and start April Fools Day one day too early?

Guess I have a UC TY Peo too, but I think she's facing the wrong way. Not too different than the converted one, just a bit raggedy.
baxterb, March 31, 2022 6:37 AM NST
Did they mess up and start April Fools Day one day too early?
this^

I have 3 UC's to enjoy!
laurene4e13, March 31, 2022 6:40 AM NST
I noticed they only show UC in beta, not on the old site. And my pets that came unclothed from the pound have clothes now.
purplebin, March 31, 2022 7:04 AM NST
When I try to send a neomail I get the message that "pets could not be loaded, try again"
I also can't see any pet images at the lab ray.
I don't think those can both be just my computer.
moonbeamgoddess, March 31, 2022 7:13 AM NST
I’m having the same issues as purplebin. Only “pets could not be loaded…” is happening when I try to post on a board.
dolamant, March 31, 2022 7:15 AM NST
@purplebin:

Safety Deposit Box gives the same message for me. I shall log off until the site is fixed.

idlegoth, March 31, 2022 7:20 AM NST
Maybe they’re getting around to that UC paintbrush thing? I won’t get my hopes up
jessalynn, March 31, 2022 7:26 AM NST
Neopets is loading VERY slowly...
biediep, March 31, 2022 7:29 AM NST
This made me realize I literally only have 2 pets across all my accounts that even have an UC version.. and neither of them are showing up as UC so I can't even join in the fun T_T
claytonskitten, March 31, 2022 7:30 AM NST
The lag and the errors are awful. Can't decide if the customization/UC glitch is the April Fool's prank happening early or a true glitch on the site. Gonna stay on my main and wait it out. I must say though, the UC RB Draik IS awfully cute. Pity he's on a side of mine. Too nervous about logging in/out of accounts with all the lag...
biediep, March 31, 2022 7:41 AM NST
@claytonskitten - if you're on desktop, maybe use different browsers so you can be logged onto multiple accounts at once so you don't need to log out? That's what I always do. Not sure if you can do the same on a phone or anything.
moonbeamgoddess, March 31, 2022 7:50 AM NST
Well heads up:
DO NOT FINISH TRAINING SESSIONS.
I lost 35k by trying to complete course. Error followed, no stat raise, no longer on a course so it registered ending course but didn’t award increase.
abbsynthe, March 31, 2022 7:54 AM NST
I'm also having the verrrrry slow loading problem and sometimes it "can't load [my] pets" but a refresh seems to work for that.

Just want to throw out a big thanks to Jellyneo & everyone else here who can tell me/us what's up!
claytonskitten, March 31, 2022 8:01 AM NST
@biediep I'm on my laptop, but I only ever use one browser (FF) for my Neopets stuff so I don't want to add to the fray by suddenly logging on vie IE or anything. It's just a glitch and some lag, we've been through worse.

@moonbeamgoddess -- thanks for the heads up. I also need to do BD for the day but am passing for right now. LilyPotter is up to 7 tans per session so I do NOT wanna risk it!!
dkeeperr1983, March 31, 2022 8:02 AM NST
So glad it's not just me. Also most of my pets seem to have lost all their customization and are wearing their PB outfits. It's very weird
recklesse, March 31, 2022 8:11 AM NST
Uggghh.

Guess I'll be spending more time with my dragons today.
contessa, March 31, 2022 8:11 AM NST
I'm glad I am not customising lately but OMG the lag today is just awful!
waivank, March 31, 2022 8:25 AM NST
Now every page is pets could not be loaded
I want to feel OG too
annw, March 31, 2022 8:37 AM NST
I get the pets cannot be loaded no matter what I try to do
contessa, March 31, 2022 8:37 AM NST
Same thing is happening to me waivank. Guess no Neopets for me today

Also, thanks for the heads up to skip training, six red codestones are too expensive to just throw away. At least I did today's Food Club bets before I signed off last night. Sigh. And tomorrow is April 1st? How much worse will it be then??
voidberry, March 31, 2022 8:39 AM NST
And here I thought this was an april fools joke. Perhaps... I am the fool.
maralinn, March 31, 2022 8:39 AM NST
No, the Battledome is not yet functioning normally for me. Also Healing Springs won't load.
itaxerxes, March 31, 2022 8:48 AM NST
Great. Another failure for TNT. My plushie tycoon game is now ruined
alkseeyakc, March 31, 2022 8:48 AM NST
The site seems to be really broken RN. XD
Happy i did most my dailies before all this went down
claytonskitten, March 31, 2022 8:49 AM NST
@itaxerxes -- maybe once the dust settles you can submit a ticket?
baxterb, March 31, 2022 8:51 AM NST
I just came back to check and I can't even log out now!
apophis324, March 31, 2022 8:52 AM NST
Sooo, the pages not loading properly is a TNT problem, not a me problem, right? Never seen a "Pets could not be loaded. Please reload the page" error before..
potential_ruler, March 31, 2022 8:55 AM NST
I received my total yearly bank interest in one click today instead of just the single daily amount. That's nice... but I don't think they'll let me keep that many nps...
rayen, March 31, 2022 8:56 AM NST
I can't get a single page to load or do anything but "error can't load pets."
cuban1989, March 31, 2022 8:58 AM NST
Same nothing will load for me
potential_ruler, March 31, 2022 8:59 AM NST
~i sUrviVEd tEH nEOppocolYpSe~
misssparklingstar, March 31, 2022 8:59 AM NST
Same here - nothing loads: "Pets could not be loaded. Please reload the page"
apophis324, March 31, 2022 9:01 AM NST
@potential_ruler: But there's no notice anywhere that that's an illegal increase of your NPs, right? I doubt they'll even notice!
nesoi, March 31, 2022 9:03 AM NST
Having the "pets could not be loaded" issue while playing Sakhmet Solitaire. When I logged in, my active pet only had her paintbrush clothes on. I went to customize, and she was still "wearing" everything, but it wasn't showing up. Removed one item and it saved and fixed it.
When I changed a different pet to be my active pet, same thing happened; Displayed with paint brush clothes only. Did the same thing, but getting the "Error: Pets could not be loaded. Please reload the page" while playing Sakhmet Solitaire (so I'm on the old version of the website) and while restocking (on beta).
dr_tomoe, March 31, 2022 9:05 AM NST
and I've been logged out.
premium17, March 31, 2022 9:18 AM NST
Nothing loading for me
aviagua, March 31, 2022 9:20 AM NST
I wonder if they're working fixing the UC customization problems or a way to implement UC creation and it made the site go bonkers.
roshchodesh, March 31, 2022 9:24 AM NST
Good thing we all bought neopets NFTs that we can look at while neopets is messed up
kyrette, March 31, 2022 9:25 AM NST
We should all get free UCs after the site is back up. Also pet slots.
winterland, March 31, 2022 9:25 AM NST
I cant do anything, same as other users I get the "Pets could not be loaded. Please reload the page" message. Also the site its reaaaalllyyy laaaagggyyyyy.

I should had done my food club bets yesterday xD
kiffytaps, March 31, 2022 9:27 AM NST
Customization is the least of my concern, I cant access most of the dailies or the games. Just get the "OOPS!" bar because it can't load my pets. (My Trudy streak! ) Also, yeah, load times are reeeeally bad. I wonder what they were doing?
claytonskitten, March 31, 2022 9:29 AM NST
Is ANY part of the site working? Neopets.com just shows as a white page for me now.
apophis324, March 31, 2022 9:33 AM NST
I think they accidentally broke the pets, and since they appear on most pages, none of them are loading properly. Good going, TNT! My pets thank you for not being fed!
kyrette, March 31, 2022 9:35 AM NST
Nothing is loading on my end. This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten.
ifloatupwards, March 31, 2022 9:40 AM NST
The site currently isn't even loading for me on Chrome.
apophis324, March 31, 2022 9:41 AM NST
Wait.. It seems to be back?
faellie_ridiculous, March 31, 2022 9:48 AM NST
I have no pets at all - just my theme background. Very eerie. Like they all ran away...
apophis324, March 31, 2022 9:50 AM NST
Scheduled Maintenance? That's not true! Well.. we now have a revamped Pteri page..
theearth, March 31, 2022 9:51 AM NST
Red Pteri...
faellie_ridiculous, March 31, 2022 9:52 AM NST
Now this message:

Something is happening...

An angry red Pteri flies past you, trying to scare away some pesky Meepits that have found their way into the Maintenance Tunnels.

The wires they are chewing on look pretty important...

Sparks start flying from the exposed pieces... Oh no! This looks dangerous and might take a while to fix, why don't you check back later?
orisasda, March 31, 2022 9:52 AM NST
And there's the Red Pteri. Site's down, probably so they can fix this mess.
purplebin, March 31, 2022 9:55 AM NST
Okay, at least I have chores to do while they work all this out.
apophis324, March 31, 2022 9:56 AM NST
But I was in the middle of a good game of Dice-a-Roo dangit! >-<
umbra, March 31, 2022 9:58 AM NST
I do like the updated down for maintained page though, so this is neat. What a fun day.
twistedlittledreamer, March 31, 2022 9:59 AM NST
yeah, it's annoying, and if there're doing scheduled maintenance, they should warn people. Hopefully it will be back up later.
winterland, March 31, 2022 10:05 AM NST
JAJAJA I like the emphasis thats its a "scheduled" maintenance xD Well, at least they are working on it now.

First time I see this new red pteri.
moonbeamgoddess, March 31, 2022 10:08 AM NST
Neopocalypse round two, baby!

I better get an avatar from this. Since my kiss the Mortog avvie score got an error 504 and failed. And then when I redeemed my geekify codes, 504 again (twice) and no space faerie challenger! So yeah. An avvie would be cool. *facepalm*
apophis324, March 31, 2022 10:08 AM NST
Funny how instead of linking to games that no longer work, the maintenance page is now linking to fansites XD
_rodeo_, March 31, 2022 10:09 AM NST
I guess I’ll do something productive with my day…
baxterb, March 31, 2022 10:10 AM NST
~i sUrviVEd tEH nEOppocolYpSe~
@potential_ruler
kyrette, March 31, 2022 10:22 AM NST
Jordle 43 4/6

⬛🟦⬛⬛🟦
⬛🟦⬛🟦🟦
⬛🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦🟦
jellyneo.net/jordle

Hey, I finally solved one of these.
claytonskitten, March 31, 2022 10:23 AM NST
Red Pteri... we better get a shiny new Neopocalypse avvie. I already HAVE the original one.

Also, free NC would be nice. And some sort of Red Pteri wearable. Like a "I survived" t-shirt for the pets to wear.
orisasda, March 31, 2022 10:26 AM NST
Wonder if they’ll re-release the I Survived the Neoapocalypse avatar after they fix things. This is basically the second-coming of it.
zeelink, March 31, 2022 10:31 AM NST
Sweet, I still need the Neopocalypse avvie on this account! XD
plaidlass, March 31, 2022 10:35 AM NST
If we don't get SOMETHING for logging in today I'm gonna cry! I came to start my dailies 30 minutes ago!!!!!!!! *fear intensifies*
ilovedachshunds, March 31, 2022 10:35 AM NST
The site is back with reasonable loading times, but customization glitches persist.
plaidlass, March 31, 2022 10:36 AM NST
^ Thank you!!!!
annw, March 31, 2022 10:51 AM NST
my pets are still showing up in paint brush clothes
petpupplet56, March 31, 2022 11:29 AM NST
Some of my Neopets’s backgrounds appear blank…
nobody, March 31, 2022 12:03 PM NST
The chaos is leaking out of PC into the rest of the site.
galifan, March 31, 2022 12:43 PM NST
It's already April 1st in Japan and Oz, maybe TNT decided to show some love to the international community to make up for neglecting them on Illusen Day.
datadoggieein, March 31, 2022 12:44 PM NST
I'm going to enjoy having a UC Darigan Uni for the time being.
josie, March 31, 2022 12:51 PM NST
My pets just showed up partially in the clothes I had them in, and partially in their paint brush clothes. I was wondering if TNT got the days mixed up, and did their April fools joke early
claytonskitten, March 31, 2022 12:53 PM NST
Pet lookups are showing previews again! Converted pets are glitchy (base color and PB clothing, no customization), but pets that have a UC counterpart are showing up as normal!
br1ttany, March 31, 2022 1:04 PM NST
Loving my UC Mutant Lupe and UC Darigan Lupe
themeepit32, March 31, 2022 1:07 PM NST
My Draik is temporarily uc one
let me enjoy while it lasts
fan__tt, March 31, 2022 2:26 PM NST
Checked just now and my Ice Bori was showing up as UC, but I had to put them in the Neolodge, and it brought back the clothes.
sprite_83_4, March 31, 2022 2:28 PM NST
2:25 PM NST ~ my pets are still nakey on the homepage
sprite_83_4, March 31, 2022 2:34 PM NST
eeeee!! clothing is back
nobody, March 31, 2022 2:56 PM NST
They should roll back the site to yesterday's data.
anomally, March 31, 2022 4:21 PM NST
Hmm, my Royalboy Lupe now has part of his spring outfit on and his royal cape for now.

Everyone else is just NEKKID
fozfyre, March 31, 2022 4:29 PM NST
Amusingly this actually got me *new* clothes. I have a Christmas Ruki I adopted from the pound, and being adopted her paintbrush clothes didn't transfer with her (which I think is dumb since you can't sell paintbrush clothes anyways but w/e). But this glitch put her BACK into her full Christmas garb.
claytonskitten, March 31, 2022 5:15 PM NST
Yeah my Baby Xwee was missing her bow when I adopted her and now she has one. I doubt we'll get to keep the UCs but it would be really nice if we did....
nobody, March 31, 2022 6:59 PM NST
*could, not should.

Though I'd prefer a rollback over converting the glitches, because there would be such devastation.
panthera_alba, March 31, 2022 11:05 PM NST
I went on Jellyneo to see if anyone else's pets had entered the Twilight Zone, and apparently so. The pets whose colours came with clothing have reverted to only their paint brush clothing worn. The colours that don't have paint brush clothing are unaffected.
xing_darcie, April 1, 2022 1:54 AM NST
I'm in a weird 50/50 where my pets look UC on the landing page but if I select them as active the bubble/board images are fine ^-^ nice to see them a little bit though as they are dreams of mine as UC (maybe one day)
claytonskitten, April 1, 2022 8:18 AM NST
Pound appears to be back up, as do transfers!
puffkins2000, April 1, 2022 9:16 AM NST
Is customization still being weird to everyone else?
xxsinger, April 10, 2022 9:27 PM NST
My NC wearables are still missing right now
od13666, April 18, 2022 5:10 AM NST
My customizations are still not back