Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Suzuka
Buzz Day Roundup
  • Posted by Suzuka
  • Posted on January 11, 2022, 6:36 pm NST

A new "old" color has been released for Buzz Day.

Tyrannian

Savvy Neopians may recognize the design as being based on an old, unreleased design:

If your Buzz is a fan of exploring, they may also enjoy this new Lampwyck-themed outfit:

diceroll123, January 11, 2022 6:44 PM NST
Thought it was faerie when I first looked at it, woops.
coira, January 11, 2022 6:55 PM NST
They sit too low in the active bar and wearables don't currently fit right, so it is the funniest thing I've seen on neo for a while. What a champion bug.
orangeblossom45, January 11, 2022 7:06 PM NST
I'm happy that they made it, but the chin on it.
thepapercutjellyfish, January 11, 2022 7:21 PM NST
Got that Joey Wheeler chin
hail, January 11, 2022 7:34 PM NST
y'all are right, looks like in the old design it's more like lips for the large jaw, but with the smile on the new design that part is more like a giant chin and tiny mouth! a little less scary haha
chaosshadow, January 11, 2022 7:48 PM NST
It's like if Emperor Zurg and the Crimson Chin had a weird bug-child.

It's absurd, but I can't help but love it.
1jediboy, January 11, 2022 8:25 PM NST
^

*spoiler alert*

---

It's Buzz Lightyear's secret twin!
dragonperrisgirl, January 11, 2022 9:33 PM NST
Oh hey, they added Leno
inkpot, January 11, 2022 10:27 PM NST
i'm sure when in the battledome and angry, the ty buzz's expression will be more true to their "uc" counterpart?

at any rate, this is pretty cool but imo a little too late.
me beloved unreleased uc ty xweetok and uc ty pteri will never see the light of day!
inkpot, January 11, 2022 10:28 PM NST
***by ty pteri, i mean korbat
jcdiva7, January 11, 2022 10:31 PM NST
that chin has me rolling in laughter
ducky - JN Staff, January 11, 2022 10:57 PM NST
How wonderful they made this!

When design is good, you don't really need wigs.

Tho surprised they didn't make other arm like ..it could properly hold something
orangeblossom45, January 11, 2022 11:20 PM NST
Characters the buzz reminds me of. Stan smith. The crimson chin. and for some reason Hacker from cyberchase (mostly the grapes of plath episode)
apophis324, January 11, 2022 11:50 PM NST
I thought that Buzz was Mutant at first.. Nice to see them revive a colour that never was. Could have done without the grin and that chin could've used some work too. Other than that, not bad!

The backpack on Lampwyck's outfit looks a little off. Still sticking to that famous Neopians design, I see.
powerwingamber, January 12, 2022 12:04 AM NST
YES! This is one of the old Buzzes I really liked. I'm glad it's being released, for what it's worth.
dadylman, January 12, 2022 4:27 AM NST
What are the odds that this pet will get the UC treatment once unconversion becomes available via NC Mall?
biediep, January 12, 2022 4:44 AM NST
I was wondering why it looked so familiar! I was thinking maybe a NQ monster or something but no, it was old unused art! o:
It looks pretty amazing, was confused at first thinking.. "don't we already have a Mutant Buzz?" and then realized it was Tyrannian, which is fitting considering how old that unused art is lol cx
jessalynn, January 12, 2022 6:34 AM NST
I LOVE the new color!
zoeyaugust1245, January 12, 2022 8:24 AM NST
i think it looks super cool, but, it's odd that it doesn't match the regular buzz shape for clothing
dave - JN Staff, January 12, 2022 8:58 AM NST
@dadylman: Very unlikely--what will likely happen is this Buzz will be converted into a unique body type, similar to Baby and Maraquan, and it won't be able to wear anything.

It's already "unconverted" for all intents and purposes, since it can't correctly wear anything except backgrounds, foregrounds, etc. If they wanted to make an additional UC version, then they needed to make a converted version to release here, but they didn't.
potential_ruler, January 12, 2022 9:00 AM NST
I think they really got lazy when they didn't try to make this color fit the typical buzz mold. It's a unique body frame so now clothes don't fit right. Mutants don't allow for clothing for this very reason. Now it seems they are setting a new precedent for unusual species body types. I don't like it. I do, however, love the new color and have a tyrannian buzz already. I just think it's messy how they let the clothes lap over the new art in ways that don't make sense.
hollyfrosty, January 12, 2022 9:35 AM NST
I had seen an EXTREMELY good "converted" version of this on Tumblr a while back and thought they'd go that direction:
Though maybe there's still time, when UCs get added to the NC Mall the existing Tyrannian could be treated as a new UC and they could add a converted version? (Though that would probably make the people who love their floating hat version mad)
mavegibson, January 12, 2022 12:08 PM NST
Disappointing.
animajaneofan99, January 12, 2022 4:15 PM NST
Thank goodness they didn't let that design go to waste, that Tyrannian Buzz reminds me of a Digimon.
mavegibson, January 12, 2022 4:56 PM NST
@hollyfrosty - I vastly prefer that version. A shame it didn't look more like that.
tomatereloco, January 12, 2022 5:41 PM NST
@animajaneofan99 it also reminds me of a Digimon! I wonder why...
apophis324, January 13, 2022 3:49 AM NST
@hollyfrosty: At least the person who drew that version up knows the difference between a scowl and a grin. Looks much scarier somehow..
sketch, January 13, 2022 6:04 AM NST
Even if the body type is different, i was surprised to still find clothing that could fit pretty decently! (Ex. King of the forest robe, defence magic collectors robe, royal blue robe, Christmas cloak to name a few), this is basically a mutant pet with access to regular clothing so it can lead to some very creative outfits if you take the time to find the right pieces and hide the odd bits sticking out
twocue, January 13, 2022 7:02 AM NST
I think the art is awesome, but super confused. Why just this random pet gets unique art, that can't even wear clothes? XD
suzuka - JN Staff, January 13, 2022 2:42 PM NST
I personally would love more unique pet designs that simply can't wear clothes. I think that's a fair trade-off, some new color combos can and some can't. In exchange, though, I'd love more unique poses as well.
solsticesprite, January 13, 2022 3:42 PM NST
It's cool! It looks like it is an UC and can't wear many clothes.

I guess this is a revelation of the limitations of the wardrobe itself that doesn't allow more than one item per location? Because there's enough clothes out there that if we were allowed to do more than one item per layer we might be able to hide sticky-outy parts.
kanoniamz, January 13, 2022 5:52 PM NST
This looks more like a Mutant Buzz than the actual one... Maybe they should swap them?
scythemantis, January 13, 2022 6:52 PM NST
I actually do think they should just swap mutant buzz and tyrannian buzz, current mutant still looks more like a "caveman version" honestly
animajaneofan99, January 16, 2022 11:58 PM NST
@sketch Simple Fur Lined Cape and Simple Snowflake Cape also looks okay on the Tyrannian Buzz.
infernodragon02, January 17, 2022 7:32 PM NST
I like it until the chin.

Doesn't look all that Tyrannian, either. But the chin.

Once again, the converted art makes things worse.