Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Earn NP from playing games!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Match-3 Game Looking for Beta Testers
  • Posted on January 7, 2022, 9:50 am NST

The JumpStart Games page on Facebook began running ads yesterday seeking out beta testers for the upcoming match-3 game under the Neopets brand. The ads are set to appear on both Facebook and Instagram.

The premise for the game is...

Beat Match 3 levels to help restore a magical Movie Studio!

Here are the ads:

Currently, the only way to get access to the beta is to find these Facebook/Instagram ads, and tap the "Sign Up" button. The ad targeting info is not available, so we're not sure what types of users these ads are available to. (e.g. If it's only for users who "liked the Neopets page", or some other type of grouping.)

Have you seen these ads on Facebook? What do you think of the Neopia Movie Studio theming and the new characters above? Let us know in the comments!

eggsalad, January 7, 2022 9:54 AM NST
Eww
biediep, January 7, 2022 10:57 AM NST
Wut.
inkpot, January 7, 2022 11:02 AM NST
i mean seeing an aisha with it's eyes open is always an oddity but the art is fine... even if the actual game tiles hardly look like they're from neopia.

honestly, idc as long as there are tie-in rewards sent to your actual neopets account--otherwise--there's no reason for me to play.
claytonskitten, January 7, 2022 11:18 AM NST
I hope they revamp the old movie studio on the site as a tie-in. I loved feeding pets for free there.

This looks terrible, by the way, and yet another TRANSPARENT AF money grab. Betting you need to use micropay for power-ups in order to actually advance through game.

And I agree, unless there is an onsite tie-in with np/items as rewards, I have no real interest.
biediep, January 7, 2022 11:18 AM NST
Yea same.
If there are on-site rewards, as long as
A: the game is available in my country
and/or
B: the prizes are tradeable
I'm good, lol. Unlike L&L for the longest time. Glad they finally made that stamp (and the rest) tradeable!
ducky - JN Staff, January 7, 2022 11:26 AM NST
I am always really distrubed human form neopets.
coryldork, January 7, 2022 12:06 PM NST
From what I know about ads for mobile games, I have extreme doubts that the game even looks like that. The premise is really boring too. Guess I'll just keep living my adblocker life too and never see this until it's released.
coryldork, January 7, 2022 12:07 PM NST
Also which kind of faerie is that? Only the Space Faerie has blue hair. Honestly just tired of them not even checking the Faeries page and sending it to their art team.
coryldork, January 7, 2022 12:08 PM NST
Like, it isn't hard to get info on Neopets. There are a dozen fansites dedicated to it. Book of Ages is free, people! JS just doesn't know what Neopets looks like at all.
1jediboy, January 7, 2022 12:34 PM NST
Opinion of a veteran player:
I sincerely hope that this game has educational value! If it doesn’t have any educational value, then it’s a beautiful waste of an opportunity. That being said… i’m very likely to play this game because it’s Neopets. :p
(The Aisha looks like Starfire from Teen Titans to me.)
cleo345800, January 7, 2022 12:40 PM NST
ugggghhhhhhh
dave - JN Staff, January 7, 2022 1:01 PM NST
@coryldork: It's the Movie Faerie. Her name is Holly. Wouldn't you like to help her make movies? /s
serpentshrine, January 7, 2022 1:59 PM NST
This art is really really nice, probably some of the best it's ever been

I enjoy connect 3 games to some extent, but trying to make ANOTHER one feels like a vain attempt to cash in a dead trend. Gacha isThe Thing right now, but uh that also totally failed for them since legends and letters has been axed (I think?)

Why not make something similar to neko Atsume? That could be cool
mibbo, January 7, 2022 2:15 PM NST
Really? Hundreds (if not thousands) of us have begged them through posts and surveys NOT to create another crappy matching game. The parent company clearly does not care about the userbase at all... but we already knew that. JS keeps digging themselves deeper. LISTEN to the players!
dave - JN Staff, January 7, 2022 3:02 PM NST
I really do wonder why they don't just make mobile Sutek's Tomb and call it a day. It'd obviously need to be expanded from the simple Flash game it was, but it would (a) appeal to existing Neopets players as something familiar, and (b) draw in previous players through nostalgia who played it a decade or more ago.
purrmeister, January 7, 2022 3:12 PM NST
The yassification of that Aisha
blu, January 7, 2022 4:55 PM NST
What in the ever living heck
terragainsborough, January 7, 2022 5:43 PM NST
Can I earn 50K NP a day like I could with Ghoul Catchers? Otherwise it's going to be a no from me.
lasergu, January 7, 2022 5:58 PM NST
Talk about "generic."
cherry_pie18, January 7, 2022 6:06 PM NST
JS has made it very very very clear that they're not interested in the current userbase at all--we're all already dumb enough to have stuck around this long, so may as well keep spitting on us with stuff like this.
bleachedalbino, January 7, 2022 6:21 PM NST
This just looks fake and like it doesn't even fit the brand. I would've reported this as stolen copyrite if I didn't know any better. Super annoying they have tried over and over to sell us a match-3 game... why waste money on this garbage? Never have I seen a company (JS) not listen to their player-base like this... maybe we need to tell them we love it and they'll cancel it. Reverse psychology.

I'd play with the hopes of any on-site rewards...hate missing trophies or stamps and high-value items. Ugh.
thepapercutjellyfish, January 7, 2022 7:13 PM NST
legends and letters suddenly looking flawless, a masterpiece of our time.
chocolatjellopudding, January 7, 2022 7:15 PM NST
They has a survey for this like forever ago and they are JUST now getting to it? Smdh. Nothing will get finished on Neo ever.
Also, this type of game used to be all the rage but I can't feel like it's still popular anymore
chocolatjellopudding, January 7, 2022 7:15 PM NST
And ALSO - this is their 3rd (?) Attempt at a gaming app. They need to just stop. It'll bomb too
catriki, January 7, 2022 7:25 PM NST
Literally felt like it was April fool's. This isn't Neopia. This bizarre setup is as far from Neopia as it can be while still having a neopet species. Cherry_pie18 is right, Jumpstart has clearly given up on the actual neopets user base.
terragainsborough, January 7, 2022 7:26 PM NST
4th attempt. Ghoul Catchers, Legends and Letters, Island Builders...
catriki, January 7, 2022 7:27 PM NST
Tbh I'm really hoping this is some sort of fake knockoff. That's the only thing that wouldn't crush what is left of my faith in neopets at this point, little left there may be
clock_flower, January 7, 2022 11:10 PM NST
JS just needs to stop already :sigh:
They should just leave the Neopets things to TNT rather than trying to do some weird move that inevitably becomes a misstep, sheesh.
biediep, January 7, 2022 11:51 PM NST
I just wish they'd make Key Quest for Nintendo Switch (and other platforms) lol ;n;
clock_flower, January 8, 2022 12:02 AM NST
@biediep that sounds like a fantastic idea! It also makes me wish there were Neopets amiibo, or at least amiibo-esque irl Key Quest figurines that could be used to play the game
apophis324, January 8, 2022 1:17 AM NST
@clock_flower: They are too late for that. The toy-to-life formula has properly died out for most of the people who tried it. Skylanders has stopped, Disney Infinity never really took off to begin with and LEGO Dimensions suddenly decided to pull the plug, despite having the most potential. Amiibo these days are only sought after by collectors and now that Smash Ultimate no longer receives updates, I don't think there will be that many more Amiibo either (but I hope I'm wrong there).

It would be neat though to have a beautiful Hannah KeyQuest figurine... Or Isca.. Or.. Or... Dangit. Take all my money!!
forever_future, January 8, 2022 4:38 AM NST
I wish they'd remake Treasure Keepers! I used to LOVE that game! I literally only signed up to Facebook in order to play that game. Then they got rid of it, but I'll always miss it.
premium17, January 8, 2022 6:10 AM NST

Why does JS not understand this ?
debgil, January 8, 2022 8:58 AM NST
@serpentshinne

Kitties! I played neko Atsume years ago with my grand-daughter when she was little and she has just rediscovered it at age 9.
debgil, January 8, 2022 8:59 AM NST
Regarding match 3, I removed that "candy" game that was so huge ages ago. There are so many others out there that are the same.
veinslicer, January 8, 2022 9:15 AM NST
Fix the games on THE SITE!!!!! We all miss our games! If they want revenue and traffic on their site, bring back what kept most of us entertained for hours FOR YEARS, you want us to pay extra/more than we are, bring back Habitarium and Keyquest and do something with that.
Haven't seen any ads and I follow them on both. However, I am not on either of them for more than 5 minutes a day.
chanty, January 8, 2022 11:04 PM NST
They keep doing mistakes.
solsticesprite, January 9, 2022 8:38 AM NST
The eyes-open of the aisha bugs ya but the hands and the ...blouse... don't?
coryldork, January 10, 2022 9:30 AM NST
@dave
I would absolutely play Sutek's Tomb on mobile. I really wish they would take the existing games and make mobile versions of them instead of shoving Match-3s down our throat. I don't think I'd enjoy a Match-3 Sutek's Tomb, though; it would need to keep the spirit of the game. Same with Spell or Starve! Absolutely love that game.
msbeckie, January 12, 2022 10:41 AM NST
Dave is right Make a new Sutek's tomb we are all familiar with and improve the graphics/ sound/ and release that for mobile. That game was the only reason I started playing Neopets 17 years ago.