Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

New Content Survey
  • Posted on November 17, 2021, 6:40 am NST

Today Neopets have sent out an email with a new survey to take based on what you would like to see in upcoming Neopets content.

The survey is gathering ideas for future content (events, plots, feature conversions, new features, etc), the most popular of which will then go forward to be voted on in a later survey.

Additionally, the email contains a preview of the long awaited new plushie line of merch, which will be launching next week:

mzlish, November 17, 2021 7:26 AM NST
I took the survey. I told them to fix the closet and customizing issues.
mzlish, November 17, 2021 7:27 AM NST
I also told them to do a plot featuring Dr Sloth.
dzufiasta, November 17, 2021 7:32 AM NST
I took it also, I hope they will listen
problematicperiplum, November 17, 2021 7:37 AM NST
I personally voted that I would like to see plots converted or a new plot added (especially one about Lutari Island) that I think that having weekly/monthly polls voting on NPCs without proper names (Shop Wizard, Bank Manager, Soup Faerie, Techo Master) to have proper names as was mentioned off hand in an editorial a year or two ago, and to add a Tropical Food Shopkeeper Plushie item for Gadgadsbogen and adding the Patchwork color (It's called plushie in game but the texture files call it patchwork plus it's way too different to be Plushie) from Neopets: Island Builders to the game.
nimbus_2222, November 17, 2021 8:14 AM NST
"Finish bringing the site to a uniform working state"
"Finish bringing the site to a uniform working state"
"Finish bringing the site to a uniform working state"
salem_822, November 17, 2021 8:17 AM NST
Thanks for the update on this! It seems I didn't get email so I'm really grateful to have still been able to participate in the survey.

Also glad to see I'm not the only one who wanted plot conversion/a new plot. I know there's a lot of more pressing issues that need to be fixed on the site (which I also mentioned) but it's been 11 years since we've had an actual comic plot and with the current Neopets climate I think it would be great to have a big immersive story-driven event that gets the community excited and brings them together. It's been far too long and I feel tthis is exactly the type of special Neopets magic that's been sadly dying out.
grimtales, November 17, 2021 9:04 AM NST
I voted for new neopets. I think there are species of animals from the real world that were never represented and could be used in neopets, or even completely fictional species. I also wrote that I would like to see new cities and new teams for Altador Cup. I also talked about new colors, like Child, Old West and Cartoon from the 30s. suggested this. And I also wrote about them fixing some bugs in some colors of some Neopets, like Lennys and Quiggles.
surferboard_girl, November 17, 2021 9:05 AM NST
Also said that I would really like to see plot conversion/a new plot.

In my "other thoughts" (or whatever box that was), I did say that it's increasingly frustrating that the team keeps asking for feedback despite the fact that the community has been pretty clear on what it's looking for (a fully converted site, playable games, plots, and being able to purchase items from outside the US) and that it's frustrating to keep being asked for feedback when it seems like it's just not being listened to.
supershelby, November 17, 2021 9:14 AM NST
I also said new plots! With either classic villains (love Dr. Sloth) or Lutari Island! Which we DESERVE since it used to be mobile only eons ago and now we're mobile again. Mightve also added a bit about dropping NFTs (hopefully theyre just done anyway) and showing us they're actually dedicated to progessing the current site. But I really think an original new plot will get people excited again!

Oh also! Can they update the prize pool on the dailies already!? Half of it is all junk now
verdego, November 17, 2021 9:56 AM NST
I just really want to see the conversion done - as long as it sit half-done it feels like the site is functionally abandoned. One update with a couple pages fixed every six months just feels like stringing us along. I'm not hot on the new UI but at least commit to the bit, yanno?
recklesse, November 17, 2021 10:23 AM NST
Yes. The current unfinished look of the site is frustrating. Fixing that needs a higher priority. The new user interface needs a lot of tweaks to get the navigation closer to the functionality it had before.

And the remaining Maps need to be converted!
topaz644, November 17, 2021 11:07 AM NST
It would be nice if we and others could actually see any nc items we bought. Fix Fix Fix what we already have, then maybe I'll buy nc again.
mavegibson, November 17, 2021 11:45 AM NST
I did not hold back.

All I care about is the site working. They shouldn't even be thinking of new features at this point. GET THE SITE CONVERTED AND ALL FEATURES WORKING PROPERLY PLEASE.
serpentshrine, November 17, 2021 12:22 PM NST
GIRL HELP IS THAT A PLUSH FAERIE DRAIK??????

And obligatory "fix the god danged closet and the entire site plz"
apophis324, November 17, 2021 12:57 PM NST
A couple of you seem to be interested in a new plot and I'm just wondering.. is that really what we want? Do we want TNT of today to make another plot? Have we learned nothing from the booooooring Wraith Resurgence and broken (and not very appealing) Lost Heirloom? I'd say.. let's drop the idea that TNT can ever make a decent plot again...
premium17, November 17, 2021 1:01 PM NST
No new plots please, fix whats broken first.
topaz644, November 17, 2021 1:11 PM NST
I hope Tally's job lasts longer than Petrichor's did (if we are even talking about real people here, with real positions...
dave - JN Staff, November 17, 2021 1:51 PM NST
@serpentshrine: Plushie Snowbunny, Island Kadoatie, Faerie Draik, Royal Meepit, Rainbow Slorg.
1jediboy, November 17, 2021 2:10 PM NST
I'm not even that involved in the Battledome, but out of respect to those who've waited, I'm going to bring it up. 🧡
topaz644, November 17, 2021 3:14 PM NST
Am I reading right? Tally is from the nft discord?
maggma99, November 17, 2021 5:22 PM NST
I also took it. I asked them to fix things like Attic and Shapeshifter
hollyfrosty, November 17, 2021 6:48 PM NST
I told them my biggest priority was a commitment to stop making NFTs. ...And then my secondary suggestion was wearables for 8-Bit pets and fruit chias,
katie2510, November 17, 2021 6:50 PM NST
I asked for a working site and an apology from JumpStart for the month I had to waste angry over NFTbro garbage :')
pasqui - JN Staff, November 17, 2021 7:19 PM NST
@topaz644 Tally is not from the NFT discord, but her opinions on cryptocurrencies and NFTs do not align with many of us. She assured us though that her position has nothing to do with any of this and I will quote her on it:
"Hey guys! Just wanted to drop in for a moment. It's true that in general I like NFTs, but my interest in NFTs has nothing to do with my position with TNT. I have no connection with the Metaverse and my time is entirely dedicated to the Neopets website. As I said, I'm here to advocate for your best interests and listen to you to make the site better. 🙂"
hollyfrosty, November 17, 2021 7:24 PM NST
Darn, I wish I knew that before I wasted my time asking for things to get better
surferboard_girl, November 17, 2021 7:44 PM NST
@apophis324 - In my response I said specifically that I wanted something along the lines of the Altador plot or The Voyage of the Cyodrake's Gaze plot. I was pretty specific that something more involved/detailed rather than...whatever the mess that was Wraith Resurgence.

As well as a hard emphasis that I wanted the site to be finished up and be able to play games, not have to find workarounds for dead Flash things, etc.
rosi, November 17, 2021 8:35 PM NST
Fix the games!!! Those 'converted' things are LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!!!! It's clear they delegated the conversion to outsourced employers who HAVE NEVER PLAYED THEM °Kass basher coughcough°
Before releasing them as official, thus counting as converted, they should have put them on an open beta test for us real users This mess -together with the half-baked customise- is what infuriates me the most.
woodenclaw, November 17, 2021 8:51 PM NST
mostly ticked off everything concerning fixing the site. put 'cancel nft's' in my extra comment section for good measure
salem_822, November 17, 2021 8:58 PM NST
@apophis324 To be honest, yeah. I know not everyone would agree, and I understand that, but imo the plots and interactive/immersive lore are what makes Neopets so special to me and what sets it apart from other pet sites. I get your point, I'm a little dubious about the current TNT's ability to put together a proper plot on the scale of TFR or ToW (especially with the artist situation and the quality of the advent calendar last year), but that's been my biggest wish for over a decade. I remember excitedly waiting for the comic that never came with every update during the Obelisk War.

I honestly got emotional reading your post, but I know the reason my heart sank was because there was potentially some truth to it.

I guess my perspective is that yes, the site conversion and maintenance should be prioritized, but that's only fixing the tip of the iceberg. Underneath all of that, part of what really breathes life into Neopia is engaging the community through the care & creativity that go into developing the world and its characters in an immersive way. Even if everything else was working perfectly, it would practically just be a husk without plots and events. (Which is sadly what JS has slowly but surely allowing to happen over the years.) At least that's how I feel, I know and respect that everyone has different "play styles".
pikasuno, November 17, 2021 9:53 PM NST
How many of these surveys have we been asked to do now, and how many of them have actually gone anywhere?

Feels like they keep asking us so they can be seen to be doing something, rather than actually doing anything.
apophis324, November 17, 2021 11:48 PM NST
@salem_822: Oh my, I'm sorry. It was not my intent to cause any distress. And maybe I should have made it clear from the get-go that I am totally with you on the fact that plots and events are what made Neopets fun. Had it not been for Tale of Woe and The Return of Dr. Sloth, I doubt I would have stuck around as long as I have.

My main concern is just that TNT of today (especially the art department, s-sorry artists...) is just not capable of producing anything as good as those plots we've grown to love.

Maybe something along the lines of The Cyodrakes Gaze would be fine, as long as it doesn't involve minigames? Maybe?
iloveeevee, November 18, 2021 12:44 AM NST
Well I voted for games.. and told them to bring back Keyquest. I know it's futile but Ill never shut up about Keyquest, i miss it.
zeelink, November 18, 2021 12:58 AM NST
I voted for a plot, noting that I assume that the conversion of the site would continue steadily. Neopets needs something positive to engage the community again. I don't even care if the plot is not as good as what we had before, or if some technical issues arise during it. An honest effort goes a long, long way at this point. And let's be real, players also bond and meme over crappy plots, so it's still entertaining
felixie, November 18, 2021 4:28 AM NST
I asked for better development on avatars... I just love collecting them and feel much of the current system could be improved. So many are broken or inaccessible/hard to access. It would be awesome if they could work on rereleasing old plots, fix games properly, or even finish converting the site so some of these avatars could work again.
beyondelsewhere, November 18, 2021 4:42 AM NST
They like their surveys, JSTNT does. I think they own stock in surveymonkey. =/ That being said, I just asked them to please fix what they broke before they try to do anything new. Finish fixing the games. Bring the maps back. Heck, even EA converted their online flash games fully and they are the worst.
recklesse, November 18, 2021 5:03 AM NST
I think they mostly put these surveys up to try to reduce the number of complaint boards on the Neoboards. And it works. Look at board 7 right now!

They never seem to share the results with us, let alone take any action on them.
roshchodesh, November 18, 2021 5:34 AM NST
If THEY truly don't know what's broken and needs to be fixed at this point, I strongly suggest they get someone to translate ENGLISH into ENGLISH or just find employment elsewhere, like in the food service industry.
Seriously, SERIOUSLY, you have an incomplete and broken site, how can you even consider adding stuff to this wreckage?
kathyob, November 18, 2021 6:24 AM NST
Thanks for posting the survey link. Not sure who they sent it out to since I did not receive an email. I voted for them to fix what is currently broken and get the games back to what they were. Hopefully they listen.
coryldork, November 18, 2021 7:54 AM NST
Definitely agree with the sentiment that they keep asking for feedback, and we keep giving the same stuff.

I asked for games and specifically said I want them converted, rather than any new games. I also mentioned that plots would be nice, but I'd rather see features be fixed, whether they were broken from Flash's EOD or not, because features have been broken for a looong time. I don't want new things. I want things to be playable again and instead they keep giving us new things we don't want (forced Beta theme, NFTs, merch--I guess the merch isn't so bad, but it's hella expensive for me and I want to play the site instead of buy toys or keychains)
karohoppy, November 18, 2021 9:10 AM NST
can you take the survey on your side account?
salem_822, November 18, 2021 9:21 AM NST
@apophis324 Oh, no problem! You don't need to be sorry, I totally get what you mean. If anyone should be sorry it should be upper management for allowing things to get to this state. I'm sorry too, I didn't mean to make you feel bad with my reply or have it seem like my frustration was directed at you.
It's crazy and sad that we've come to a point where features that seemed so commonplace and were once to tightly woven into the fabric of Neopia now seem implausible to even fathom under JS.
labtech468, November 18, 2021 10:00 AM NST
my comments were essentially to finish converting & fixing what's already there
ricktick605, November 18, 2021 11:01 AM NST
Happy (late) Birthday Neopets. Note the lack of interjection. Will you live to see 23? 24? 25? I have my doubts.
bennyw, November 18, 2021 12:54 PM NST
After all this time, I still don't understand why the customization page is still a mess.

To think I used to spend hours on this website and budgeted for NC every month. Now they're asking us what we think should be prioritized on a broken site. It's almost funny.
teresa, November 18, 2021 1:02 PM NST
I asked for games.
I love the plots and I think they make a HUGE difference to the enjoyment of the site, BUT, I think the games are more of an every day thing and they do lend to mini plots as well (GMC and DD at a minimum).
It is unrealistic to ask for there to be a plot every day (though one good one a year would be nice! especially if it is sprinkled with mini events).
But I think having the games (and I mentioned that the ones that are there do not work properly) gives people a reason to come onto the site more frequently. *shrugs*

Though customization is not my thing, that REALLY should be a priority for them. It's a major source of income. Why they haven't fixed it is completely baffling to me.
homminahommina, November 18, 2021 7:47 PM NST
I worry that this survey is going to be used to justify what TNT WON'T do. "We had more votes for UC pets, so we're focusing on the NC Mall instead of fixing games" "We have to address the suggestions that had the most votes [insert whatever scheme they have here] before we convert our existing features!" I want them to post these survey results, because they can claim we "asked for" whatever shtick they're trying to sell next. All trust is gone after the NFTs.
apophis324, November 19, 2021 12:19 AM NST
Speaking of justifying what they won't do: It somewhat bothered me that they flat-out stated before the survey even started that you shouldn't bother with recommending Habitarium and Key Quest...
catriki, November 19, 2021 7:01 AM NST
I think they should prioritize on converting and making things work rather than plots for now. Any plot done on such a broken site would have issues, and I miss the games room but it seems to be so low priority it's not ever going to be done. Of course I also want pet slots, but that's happening regardless
thecrazyoo, November 19, 2021 8:04 AM NST
I don't even login to the site anymore, after all the metaverse stuff. But if they focused on fixing this mess they call a website I'd maybe consider going back, so that's the only thing I asked for. That and #NoNeoNFTs.
roshchodesh, November 22, 2021 9:56 AM NST

we're listening... and, uh, we're....serious

3. 😴
4. 🤔
roshchodesh, November 22, 2021 9:58 AM NST
Poops. Sorry
roshchodesh, November 22, 2021 9:59 AM NST
Ooops. omg I meant OOOPS .