Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Earn NP from playing games!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Site Redesign: More HTML5 Games and Maps
  • Posted on October 21, 2021, 2:33 pm NST

It's been 78 days since the last beta site redesign, and a new release—v0.4.8—is now live!

1) Three more games receive HTML5 versions. This round includes:

As of writing, you cannot earn any NP from these 3 games just yet. We assume TNT is holding back on that for some live testing just to make sure there aren't any big issues. As of October 22nd, score submissions for Neopoints have been enabled!

Faerie Bubbles has a known issue where the blaster will still give you coloured bubbles that are not currently on the board (something the Flash version did not do). This makes it quite challenging to progress:

The Faerie Bubbles Game has a balancing issue where colours not remaining in-game will show up to shoot, making the levels very difficult to pass. We are working to address this issue ASAP.

2) Seven more world maps have been converted to HTML5. This map conversion update includes:

Oddly, Altador is included in the list as well (making it 8 maps), but the Altador map was previously converted in 2018. It seems to have gotten another update, probably to bring it in line with the newer maps.

3) Finally, Random Events make a return in the beta layout. Previously, Random Events did not work on pages with the new layout and could only be received on the legacy site. No longer!

What's coming up?
Pet Slots are still in the works, and TNT is aiming to have them for a holiday release. (Note that UCs are not part of the Pet Slots update, and will come later.) The Advent Calendar is also getting the new layout treatment in time for December 1st. More HTML5 map updates will be coming, as well.

Read the release notes in full here:

What world maps are you hoping to see next? Let us know in the comments!

1jediboy, October 21, 2021 3:10 PM NST
YES!!! THANK YOU!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😄

I'm hoping that they do a redraw of Jelly World instead of just converting it... but I'll be grateful with whatever comes. 😊
biediep, October 21, 2021 3:39 PM NST
I appreciate more HTML5 maps, but.. EXPLORE THOUGH?!
I feel like that should've been the very first one, but meanwhile it's been forever and we still have to scroll through the list of lands to get anywhere.
roxas_13, October 21, 2021 3:46 PM NST
the Bazaar is truly a bizarre now lmao the shops rendered ona white background for me I'm laughing so hard
woodenclaw, October 21, 2021 3:53 PM NST
still not logging in till nft's are done away with. don't cross the picket line
1jediboy, October 21, 2021 3:56 PM NST
I will GLEEFULLY buy more pet slots when the NFT deals are discharged.
ricktick605, October 21, 2021 4:50 PM NST
@woodenclaw Couldn't agree more. At least kill the Metaverse project. I don't think Quidd is going launch their version while that one is is mucking up the Neopets Brand.
surferboard_girl, October 21, 2021 4:56 PM NST

But yeah: not spending any money until NFTs are dealt with. So would love some pet slots but nooooope.
plaguemd, October 21, 2021 4:59 PM NST
Not to be a pedant, but it's not "crossing a picket line" if the staff aren't picketing. It's a boycott, not a worker strike. /overly literal

Neat to see some of the maps back, though.
vysea_rhone, October 21, 2021 5:18 PM NST
@plaguemd thank you for saying it. it also bothers me when people use "picket line" for boycotts, but i wasn't sure how to say it without coming off as mean.
yllaille, October 21, 2021 5:34 PM NST
@plaguemd From one literalist to another, much appreciated.

Glad to see some news that doesn't make my brain bleed, although I'm admittedly a little bitter about the pet slots since I won't be buying them now. But, hey... *snaps suspenders* ...back in my day you could only have four pets, so I'll survive without those extra slots.
pikachu315111, October 21, 2021 5:59 PM NST
They seem to have removed Destruct-o-Match III's power-ups.
topologist, October 21, 2021 6:17 PM NST
"The Terror Mountain maps are so much more interesting than the Neopia Central ones but it's nice to see them."

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. The Neopia Central ones need more love!
twistedlittledreamer, October 21, 2021 7:57 PM NST
nice to see they're finally doing some more work on the site after how many months? They still have a lot of work to do though.
eternalhearts, October 21, 2021 8:14 PM NST
The Neopia Central ones are pretty junky compared to the others. What's really getting me is that there's no consistency - some of the worlds have beautiful frames & are nicely contained on my screen; others have the frame but are stretched; then there's the Neopia Central ones which just look disproportionate.
premium17, October 21, 2021 8:37 PM NST
Good news that they have fixed random events
bolimdechuva, October 21, 2021 8:43 PM NST
the neopia central maps are so wildly boring lol i kinda wish they would have done something different with them!
clock_flower, October 21, 2021 9:43 PM NST
Anyone else getting nothing but 502 Bad Gateway or 504 Gateway Timeout when trying to go on the site? Is the site dead??
rodgerflint, October 21, 2021 9:44 PM NST
Came here to also say I'm getting 502/504s as well XD
pikachu315111, October 21, 2021 9:45 PM NST
@ clock_flower
Yeah, Neopets is down for me too. Don't panic, it'll be up again though who knows when.
clock_flower, October 21, 2021 9:47 PM NST
It came back for a few moments, then went down again, I'm worried something's happening to the server...
dolchay, October 21, 2021 9:49 PM NST
Down for me too

Ugh! I like relaxing to neo til I fall asleep lol. Guess I will have to find something else
reconnection, October 21, 2021 9:51 PM NST
I JUST WANT TO SAVE MY PETPAGE
dolchay, October 21, 2021 9:52 PM NST
Awww hope you can save it soon
clock_flower, October 21, 2021 9:58 PM NST
My poor babies are so hungry, it won't let me feed them... I don't want them to disappear D:
orisasda, October 21, 2021 10:05 PM NST
Of course something goes wonky. Happens every time.
clock_flower, October 21, 2021 10:10 PM NST
It seems to be back now, fingers crossed it stays back
strangechicken, October 21, 2021 10:25 PM NST
Do the new games award their avatars?
apophis324, October 22, 2021 12:01 AM NST
WHY ARE ALL LOCATIONS SO HUGE?!!
apophis324, October 22, 2021 12:06 AM NST
Also Ultimate Bullseye doesn't work anymore.. I mean, I never really was able to hit anything when it was still Flash, but now my tried and true method of aiming up and shooting softly, making it arch and hit the board, now just goes right through..
zeelink, October 22, 2021 12:36 AM NST
Ultimate Bullseye is completely unplayable for me, the spacebar is far too sensitive, it's become literally impossible to manage your aim/power.
yasmin_sb, October 22, 2021 2:06 AM NST
Why are the maps so big?? I got a headache looking at them.
coryldork, October 22, 2021 9:23 AM NST
I forgot what it felt like to have hope. I'm so happy to see maps again!! Haven't tried any of the games yet. But yay, progress!
mavegibson, October 22, 2021 10:54 AM NST
As an aspie literalist, @woodenclaw your use of 'picket line' didn't bother me in this context. I get that you're trying to convey how you view the seriousness of breaking the boycott, and 'crossing the picket line' does get that message across a lot better than 'breaking the boycott' does. There's something more intentional and more transgressive about crossing a picket line. It just feels like a much more inviolable line than 'boycott'.
howdareyoufreezeme1 - JN Staff, October 22, 2021 11:07 AM NST
@strangechicken: Ice Cream Machine is apparently awarding the avvie from both the Flash and the converted versions

Faerie Bubbles is seemingly not yet awarding its avatar on the converted version, probably because scores are not being accepted yet. Essentially impossible to get the avvie score anyways with the glitch where colours don't go away.
fidiall, October 23, 2021 2:15 PM NST
are the pet slots free or are they selling them?
ummy - JN Staff, October 24, 2021 7:49 AM NST
They will be sold in the NC mall with some extra pet slots offered to Premium users.
strangechicken, October 24, 2021 10:59 AM NST
Thank you for clarifying, howdareyoufreezeme.