Help us model your pets!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

More Neopets Digital Collectibles Coming
  • Posted on October 19, 2021, 6:11 pm NST

UPDATE October 22nd: Quidd has postponed the Neopets product release "due to unforeseen circumstances"—no new date or timeline has been given for release.

UPDATE October 21st: The Discord message has also now been deleted, but then reposted without the image (that tied it to Neopets) and the indication of when it would be announced changed to be 'soon'.

UPDATE October 20th: The original teaser tweet has now been deleted. It is unclear why. The equivalent message within Quidd's discord remains up.

JumpStart has heard the Neopets community loud and clear—and more digital collectibles that you can buy and sell in an online digital marketplace (and cash out as NFTs) are coming soon. 🤦‍♂️

This time, online seller Quidd, will be selling the collectibles. Currently, Quidd offers collectibles that can be minted as NFTs if you want, or you can keep them as non-cryptocollectibles.

So far, only a teaser tweet has been posted, and an official announcement will follow tomorrow. Stay tuned to Jellyneo for more details on this new Neopets licensing partnership.

tyuio_k50, October 19, 2021 6:12 PM NST
[internal screaming]
plaguemd, October 19, 2021 6:13 PM NST
I'd say a finger curls on the monkey's paw, but I'm really kind of at a loss as to how even the most vindictive literal genie could have spun this one.
tyuio_k50, October 19, 2021 6:13 PM NST
why can't they partner with anyone normal, like partner with a plush designer or a game dev to remake keyquest
dave - JN Staff, October 19, 2021 6:14 PM NST
At least you have the option to not make them NFTs, it seems?

That being said, Quidd's crypto options are built on Ethereum--the *actual* environmentally damaging strain of crypto.

This marketplace also looks to be more in line with the platform Neopets CryptoQuest was hosted on back in 2018 (RareBits, since defunct).

We're still doing research into all of this.
dave - JN Staff, October 19, 2021 6:15 PM NST
@tyuio_k50: If they're handing out licenses to dev teams to create Neopets games, I'd like to know. 👀
tyuio_k50, October 19, 2021 6:16 PM NST
@dave they're handing out licenses to everyone these days, go gettem lol 💀
cheetah, October 19, 2021 6:22 PM NST
I miss one month ago when this wasn't a thing.
problematicperiplum, October 19, 2021 6:37 PM NST
I miss 1 minute ago when I didn't know this existed.
thepapercutjellyfish, October 19, 2021 6:54 PM NST
the teaser looks so sloppy lol do any of these people even care at this point?
grounderenee, October 19, 2021 6:55 PM NST
Whyyyyyy??????
howdareyoufreezeme1 - JN Staff, October 19, 2021 7:11 PM NST
Just want to comment that only some collections on Quidd are mintable (able to be added to a blockchain). It is not yet known whether or not the Neopets one will.

Further, while Quidd is selling some collections that are mintable, they have not yet actually implementing the minting feature. Nothing from Quidd is on a blockchain yet.

Finally, they say that you will be able to mint to "your blockchain of choice" so it seems you will not be locked in to ETH (like CryptoQuest was) or SOL (like NMC will be) or any other specific one.

Jellyneo is still reporting and will keep you all up to date!!
bolimdechuva, October 19, 2021 7:12 PM NST
*stares at the camera like in The Office*
sliced_ramen, October 19, 2021 7:34 PM NST
man, i am straight up not having a good time
cay, October 19, 2021 7:40 PM NST
But we have the NC Mall and Premium for these things e.e; why can't thr higher ups think of useful merch like plushies and other things we can use everyday.
ricktick605, October 19, 2021 7:56 PM NST
I give up.
candyplague, October 19, 2021 8:02 PM NST
>:/ hate this
treasure, October 19, 2021 8:07 PM NST
Are you kidding me. :|
pikachu315111, October 19, 2021 8:07 PM NST
... What is the point of all this? Are the JumpStart/NetDragon higher-ups just throwing the Neopets property at all sorts of these digital marketplaces to see which sticks? Who is this for? WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO DO?!
pikachu315111, October 19, 2021 8:07 PM NST
Oh and of course:
rosi, October 19, 2021 8:07 PM NST
of course they heard us loud and clear -________-'''' I'm dead now x________X

They're really pushing this stuff everywhere I look (not only on Neopets) to make them look legitimate

Pushing it so hard until one day one really falls for this scam and buys it
anomally, October 19, 2021 8:49 PM NST
Wow, so not only do they not stop these. They make it WORSE. Especially for the environment!

No thank you NFTs, if I want to spend that much money, I'll be donating it to a charity/cause/organization that will actually put that money to good use. On something like I don't know... the ENVIRONMENT?!

All I want is to customize my Neopets, but instead of even fixing THAT they decide on this crud?

WHHYYYYYYYYYYYY
sacanth, October 19, 2021 10:06 PM NST
That site is just in beta, none of the links seem to work. I wanted to explore some of their beloved brands or w/e and see examples of the Dr. Suess crap they actually had, but even the search fn doesn't work
shandaman777, October 19, 2021 10:33 PM NST
Are some players actually supporting this bs? I hope no one buys into this -__-
strangechicken, October 19, 2021 10:41 PM NST
...what?
topologist, October 19, 2021 11:20 PM NST
only one question: why
apophis324, October 20, 2021 12:15 AM NST
*gasp* A twist! Has another man stolen the fair Neopets' heart? What will the Neopets Metaverse think of this? Will they join forces to woo Neopets together, or will their bitter rivalry be their inevitable downfall? One can only wonder as the saga continues...
dark169, October 20, 2021 12:58 AM NST
Anyone know where this trail ends? It's tiring, riding this yikescycle.
katina_choovanski, October 20, 2021 1:03 AM NST
ANNNNND they turn right around, apologize and spit in all our faces by doing it AGAIN!!! Still tryina get something for nothing.
clock_flower, October 20, 2021 1:09 AM NST
...are they doing this because many people have stopped buying NC in protest so they think this means that NC isn't viable and so they need MORE crypto stuff (basically the exact opposite meaning from the one intended)? Wow, that is so tone-deaf I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
contessa, October 20, 2021 2:00 AM NST
What the ????? Why?
recklesse, October 20, 2021 2:11 AM NST
I wonder if some JS/ND executives visited a 'digital marketing' convention in the summer and signed up with anyone and everyone who showed any interest in partnering up.
biediep, October 20, 2021 2:14 AM NST
*Headdesk*
*Headdesk*
*Headdesk*
mephialtes, October 20, 2021 2:52 AM NST
Why do I get this really, really horrible impression that the takeaway JS/ND got from the Metaverse project had everything to do with the mods running the project and nothing to do with the NFTs themselves? Because this to me really screams "Oh so if the Metaverse tools aren't involved then you WILL buy our NFTs, right??"

No JumpStart.
We really, really won't.
jaydeed, October 20, 2021 5:20 AM NST
Glad to see they absorbed our feedback and took our concerns seriously. /sarcasm
sosoeuso, October 20, 2021 5:30 AM NST
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Actually I'm freaking sad now.
thecrazyoo, October 20, 2021 5:30 AM NST
That's it, BYE.
I give up.
herdy - JN Staff, October 20, 2021 5:43 AM NST
Who wants to bet the official announcement will come at the same time as the beta update they slated for this week?
recklesse, October 20, 2021 5:52 AM NST
To be fair, this project must have been in the works for some weeks (so before the backlash about the whole metaverse thingy).

How many more 'partnerships' are going to emerge over the next few weeks/months?

They're probably holding the site updates back to coincide with the 'mint date' announcement from Metaverse. If that gets delayed, so will the updates.
mortychichi, October 20, 2021 6:19 AM NST
why can't they partner with anyone normal

THIS EXACTLY. Just why? They've already gone out of their way to do partnerships why can't it be normal stuff for once. JS really be making worse life decisions than mine, didn't even know that was possible.
aura, October 20, 2021 6:49 AM NST
While they're at it, why don't they just give us all a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it.
orisasda, October 20, 2021 6:58 AM NST
When will this rollercoaster of questionable decisions, unprofessionalism, immorality and tone deaf announcements end?!
fenix, October 20, 2021 7:25 AM NST
God, NetDragon are a bunch of morons with getting involved with the wrong sorts of people. In the words of Stewie Griffin: https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/76189699/it-wasnt-right-the-first-time-you-said-it-why-the-hell-would-it-be-right-the-next-ten-times.jpg
suzuka - JN Staff, October 20, 2021 7:43 AM NST
I think NetDragon / JS have been simply agreeing to license the IP to anyone willing to give them money in this sense. I doubt anyone at TNT has any say in what they do.

That said, at this point it doesn't seem AS bad as the metaverse, but still a bizarre choice in timing.

There's an existing audience that's willing to spend money on products and experiences that meet their needs, but the Powers That Be just seem to keep thinking that if they go with generic licenses and things like 'match 3' games they'll magically hit gold. Someone in a position of decision-making needs to be able to ACTUALLY listen to the audience and they'll have much greater success in both brand value and income, without tainting all their existing base.
cutypie349514, October 20, 2021 9:27 AM NST
Well... guess they're just going to say yes to any venture like this lol.
dreamingstar213, October 20, 2021 10:25 AM NST
[never-ending screaming into the void]
kiriska, October 20, 2021 10:52 AM NST
Why are all of these partners so bad at Photoshop tho.
dankmatter, October 20, 2021 10:58 AM NST
I don't understand the whole blockchain thing very well, but this maneuver comes across as clueless at best. Adding more of these ventures risks splitting the possible customer base, making each market more likely to fail than if any single one was implemented. If they think creating their own competition is a sound business decision, I think they're overestimating the size of their target audience.
galifan, October 20, 2021 11:44 AM NST
This has me thinking of Marapets or Township as alternative ways to waste time. Good grief!
bonju, October 20, 2021 12:00 PM NST
@galifan wasn't mara involved in some twitter drama regarding racist pet colors and fatphobic NPCs?
I've been playing Subeta and it's fun and the userbase is pretty mature, if anyone's looking for an alternative.
I feel almost ashamed to be talking about pet sites alternatives on here but it's just that neo... sigh
theawedude, October 20, 2021 12:15 PM NST
HowManyTimesDoWeHavetoTeachYouThisLesson,OldMan?.jpg
theawedude, October 20, 2021 12:25 PM NST
Also, let's brainstorm some ideas that you *would* likely want to spend money on. Personally, I would really like some subtle NP merchandise, like solid brown/red shirts with the codestone symbols. Bottled Faerie styled phone cases. Hats with the Yooyu Ball emblems. Stuff where, to the un-initiated it just looks like a cool design, but is a reference to those who know.

Heck, if you want to keep it digital, and you're still stuck in the past, then do a TF2 collaboration. Kougra styled Warrior's Spirit, an all class hat, and maybe a unique weapon that ends up incredibly powerful. You could probably commission some random 3D modeller for a few hundred bucks.

Or re-start the TCG as an online-only thing. Maybe attach it to the Neopets website, and provide a use for all those (TCG) trading cards kicking around.
galifan, October 20, 2021 12:30 PM NST
Thanks, bonju, for reminding me. The problem is finding an alternative that's clean and safe for any age, that also has a community rather than solo aspect, since so many of us now live in isolation on our handheld devices.

BTW, since FB is going to change its name to reflect the metaverse aspect of its business, maybe that's why JS is feeling the pressure to join that mad spiral down the pipes.
claytonskitten, October 20, 2021 12:49 PM NST
Welp, that settles it. I'm not buying NC, not paying to play, none of it. I'll go back to basic NP customs for my pets, I'll stick to the pet slots I have, and that'll be it. I have NO interest in watching this dumpster fire burn. I'll just downsize accts, leave them with a single pet on them, and stick around on my main since I -do- have a community of good friends on the boards. Other than that, it was nice knowing Neopets but sadly I feel like this is headed for disaster.
roxas_13, October 20, 2021 1:25 PM NST
i have some really rad stickers i got on etsy that aren't official but it would be so cool to see folks like that artist get contracts with TNT/JS/ND to make official merch stickers and give them little codes to give buyers for buying x amount of stickers and the like it would be so neat
1jediboy, October 20, 2021 1:35 PM NST
"honestly if ND wants to make money give out license agreements to more small businesses that make unofficial neopets merch and make it actually official merch"

I want that to happen so much!
mavegibson, October 20, 2021 1:45 PM NST
Well, I'm glad I've continued my boycott. Clearly they have no intention of going back on any of this, and it's time to begin accepting that Neo is not long for this world. They're just going to milk it for a while until it's dumped.
dusk, October 20, 2021 1:50 PM NST
If we're talking alternative petsites, I prefer Flight Rising.

IMO, Subeta has a lot of suggestive and violent content, for those who don't want to see blood/gore or sexual outfits.

FR has some minor gore (warning in advance they do have a Plague Flight), but people there are awesome, whether a user is new or a returning player.

And like someone said, Mara did have a lot of drama involving racism and sensitive topics. I think Subeta did too, though. Or maybe one of the admins was just a jerk. I don't remember.

Tldr: Do your research if you want to check out alternative sites, because some are definitely guilty of stirring up drama for any kind of reason, from not paying artists to racism and other things.
maknaetani, October 20, 2021 2:07 PM NST
why.
teleplay, October 20, 2021 2:54 PM NST
@bolimdechuva lord, beer me strength.
antimattersofa, October 20, 2021 3:14 PM NST
sigh
1jediboy, October 20, 2021 3:18 PM NST
I would sooner 💀 than leave this site.

That is why this is unacceptable and must cease, because people like me have nowhere else to go!

@Herdy - What next? I will do whatever is legally necessary to save Neopets from this cyber-toxin.
sacanth, October 20, 2021 4:07 PM NST
I seem to see NFTs everyfreakinwhere now. :/ Major League Baseball? what will that even mean? a token of what? to do what with? Wheeee, can I own a string of code representing ... the fact that Xander Bogaerts exists??
premium17, October 20, 2021 6:56 PM NST
Agree NFT's are everywhere especially on youtube and twitch. Seeing as the top content creators already make MILLIONS they will probably be well recieved.
surferboard_girl, October 20, 2021 7:19 PM NST
This is truly the opposite of a decent idea and like...where's the end? Is there going to be enough of a bottom to this downhill spiral?
bethn, October 20, 2021 9:43 PM NST
Yet another project suggested by someone at Neopets Corporate's waster nephew.
lia_19_85, October 21, 2021 4:23 AM NST
Feels like when someone blasting a horrible song at a party to get everyone out (we call that a "Rausschmeißerlied". Last one out switches the lights off.
infernodragon02, October 21, 2021 10:14 AM NST
New provider, same old scam.
nicobutts, October 22, 2021 1:52 AM NST
@tyuio_k50 THIS MADE ME SCREAM 😂

Partner with a game dev to remake key quest challenge.
el_arakeuh, October 22, 2021 5:23 AM NST
Since they are so eager to give out licencing for their IP: someone go develop key quest.
roshchodesh, October 22, 2021 4:58 PM NST
I run a business.
I announce to my decades long loyal customers we're full steam ahead to make stuff A.
Virtually all my customers respond fervently that they HATE stuff A sooooo much they boycott it - (EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT YET EVEN AVAILABLE YET)
and say (well, scream,actually) that they reeeeally want broken stuff fixed instead,
do I
a) take seriously the customer feedback and fix what's broke, thereby making tons of money because everyone is happy,
or do I
b) continue recklessly, deaf, and greedily making stuff A, lose all my customers, sell nothing , go broke, and take a job at Wendy's?
roshchodesh, October 22, 2021 4:59 PM NST
p.s. this question was on the SATs