It's Jordle... with Jordie! Can you guess today's word?
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Jetsam Day Roundup
  • Posted on October 18, 2021, 2:27 pm NST

In celebration of Jetsam Day, a new colour is available:

Maraquan

As with the recent Maraquan Kiko, this design has been influenced by the Neopets user Chanty.

A Jetsam Ace themed clothing set is also now active:

gotchi, October 18, 2021 2:32 PM NST
Looks great! Chanty coming in clutch once again.
novelista, October 18, 2021 2:50 PM NST
Chanty's the reason I have a Kiko.
suzuka - JN Staff, October 18, 2021 3:12 PM NST
What a fun design! You really have to go in a sideways direction for a water-native pet, and this works
verdego, October 18, 2021 3:32 PM NST
Aw man it's a really good design but I wish the eyes (particularly the viewer's right) weren't quite so wonky in the artwork.
herdy - JN Staff, October 18, 2021 3:40 PM NST
Personally my only disappointment is that the light on the antenna doesn’t change colour with emotions but you can’t have everything in life.
orisasda, October 18, 2021 3:58 PM NST
It’s a different colour than Chanty’s concept, but still looks good.
1jediboy, October 18, 2021 4:08 PM NST
You are a genius, Chanty!

We all love you and your amazing art!

insane000illusions, October 18, 2021 4:41 PM NST
This is amazing and I love it <3
i_love_latin - JN Staff, October 18, 2021 4:53 PM NST
Chanty's designs are so good. I love how many of them have been canonised for recent pet days!
strawberrybells, October 18, 2021 5:05 PM NST
I feel it's kinda lame they copied the entire design with just some color tweaks... at least Chanty's art is amazing, so we have that to our advantage.
pikachu315111, October 18, 2021 6:02 PM NST
Neat! Congrats Chanty!

As a reminder, here is Chanty's other Maraquan Aquatic Neopets:

I hope the Flotsam, Koi, Tuskaninny, & Peophin are made into Neopets. Still not sure about the Nimmo and Quiggle. For the Nimmo, a crustacean is a nice idea but I think instead of a Hermit Crab make it a Spider Crab, something which plays with its long limbs. As for the Quiggle, I think it would be a good candidate for a Frogfish.
supertualet, October 18, 2021 6:21 PM NST
Chanty's designs are so creative, I really like them! I only wish they'd paid her in real money for those designs instead of just some np items.
tomato99, October 18, 2021 6:46 PM NST
Love the new color and outfit!
saralocks, October 18, 2021 7:14 PM NST
@strawberrybells @orisasda
According to Chanty's page, she was part of the process in changing the colour, after doing a poll to see which version was most liked by the community. And the blue version won over the original
Which was actually such a cool way to do things!
chelzies, October 18, 2021 7:45 PM NST
Lovvveeeee it!!
misterflipnote, October 18, 2021 8:29 PM NST
The Neopets Team should just hire Chanty as an artist at this point.
bolimdechuva, October 18, 2021 10:27 PM NST
ooooh, THAT'S cool!!
peppermint, October 18, 2021 11:33 PM NST
I wish they would expand the idea of using the abilities of the community more. I'm sure there's a ton of people on the site with the skills to help convert the games.
1jediboy, October 19, 2021 12:08 AM NST
^I agree! TNT should utilize the Neopian community! Every time they make a colour inspired by a user, it’s adored!
apophis324, October 19, 2021 12:39 AM NST
Those lights on its body are a bit much, I think. The original design was far less invasive on your eyes. Then again, all of Neopets is invasive on your eyes, so in that regard it fits XD

As for Jetsam Ace... Neat? It's nice that we can dress our pets up as famous Neopians... but does this mean they've run out of actual ideas for outfits?
nacbokmagi, October 19, 2021 1:34 AM NST
I'm so sad they ruined Xweetok and Ogrin's Maraquan forms instead of giving them a pose change and a more dynamic look like this
swevin, October 19, 2021 2:27 AM NST
I like Chanty's colours better.
biediep, October 19, 2021 2:50 AM NST
I literally gasped and yelled "they did it!"
After the Mara Kiko was released, I looked at Chanty's other designs and immediately fell in love with the Jetsam and Peophin, and I'm so glad TNT picked Jetsam as well, even if the color is different and some other little tweaks, I think it looks awesome!
Here's to hoping they'll do Peophin too some time!
biediep, October 19, 2021 2:55 AM NST
Actually, I just visited their petpage again and it looks like this color scheme was actually Chanty's own idea, and they had people vote and most people liked this color better, so it's not even necessarily a TNT-thing.
shakespeareofborg, October 19, 2021 3:11 AM NST
I've never wanted a Jetsam...until now!
swevin, October 19, 2021 6:59 AM NST
biediep, that is cool that Chanty and the community was in on deciding the final colour. I didn't know Chanty herself made the blue colour choice. I do prefer the brown/red one still though. But it's nice the community was asked. It's something we need more of on Neopets.
biediep, October 19, 2021 8:27 AM NST
Yes! I too liked the original color better, this one takes some getting used to but I still really love the design either way, and I agree it would definitely be nice if TNT themselves would ask us for our opinions more often. I love it when they make boards asking for color suggestions for upcoming pet days, or suggestions for new NC items, and when they allowed us to vote for a new PB color (even though we ended up getting all of them in the end I think, lol)
claytonskitten, October 19, 2021 1:01 PM NST
I need both the Mara Jetsam and the Ace Jetsam outfit. Omg a good news day, what is this?
biediep, October 19, 2021 2:11 PM NST
I just thought of the perfect untaken name for one,
Now I just need it to stay untaken for another week and a half so I can create it on Halloween xD
emiemi_345, October 19, 2021 4:56 PM NST
Love it!! All of Chanty's designs deserve to be official!
How does one get noticed by TNT?
chanty, October 20, 2021 4:46 PM NST