Altador Cup XVI
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
A searchable database of Neopets images

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XVI

Zelda
Peophin Day Roundup
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on July 26, 2021, 5:57 pm NST

To celebrate Peophin Day, a new colour was released:

Toy

Or dress your pet up as Altadorian protector Marak:

mandypandy667, July 26, 2021 6:23 PM NST
I really like the toy! Though I'd prefer a different base colour to the red. But still its the first toy I've really liked.
purplebin, July 26, 2021 6:46 PM NST
I like the red base color, but I'm not sure of the accent pattern.
nefarity, July 26, 2021 6:50 PM NST
Oh! It's a Dalecarlian horse! Neat! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalecarlian_horse

Nice outfit, too. Like the Mipsy Acara outfit, I like that it's based on a character
inkpot, July 26, 2021 6:51 PM NST
i like the dala horse look! i get that the harness is just being true to it's reference but i'd have preferred the peo without it as customizing it with those white lines on its face seems unpleasant... still very cute though!

the armor... it's okay. i feel the chest piece or helm could have benefited from some sort of motif tho... or really any sort of detail more than it has, as it seems a little dull... and while i love the trident the top piece was just borrowed from the rb jetsam trident.
pikachu315111, July 26, 2021 7:08 PM NST
At first I thought it was a pool toy but the basis for the Toy Peophin is even more interesting, I like it! I also like the Clothing, hopefully one day all Council Members will have their species able to wear their clothing.

Though one small confusion with the Toy Peophin, why are there peg screws down by the tail? Like, I guess on a normal horse that's where the hind legs would be, but Peophins never had hind legs or anything there so don't know why those are there.
purplebin, July 26, 2021 7:41 PM NST
Thank you for the link, Nefarity! It did seem like a very specific inspiration.
surferboard_girl, July 26, 2021 8:49 PM NST
Love the details in the Toy Peophin's mane but not loving the white lines on the face. I think it's overall a great design minus that one detail. So neat that they took inspiration from the Dalecarlian horse! Love that
sprite_83_4, July 26, 2021 10:46 PM NST
i would have never known so i agree, thank you for the link!! seeing there was an intentional muse truly makes me appreciate the design even more. super cool
ducky - JN Staff, July 26, 2021 11:52 PM NST
Ja ja, den är svensk häst!

Ofc this would maybe been more fitting with Uni, but since that was My Little Pony, Peophin fits as well.
biediep, July 26, 2021 11:57 PM NST
Now THAT is a Toy paint! Love it!
So much nicer and more creative than just a bright color and some screws or whatever.
apophis324, July 27, 2021 12:24 AM NST
I like the inspiration for the Toy Peophin (it's nice when Neopets brings in some real-world folklore and stuff), but when I think Dalecarlian horse, I don't think toy. The ones I've seen are used for decoration, keeping them on the window sill like figurines, not so much as toys. Plus they don't have movable parts like the Toy Peophin has. I'd say slap a saddle on the Peophin and make it a rocking horse

Marak's outfit is very nice in its simplicity. I like it ^ -^
1jediboy, July 27, 2021 1:19 AM NST
Sweet, sweet culture! 👏😁

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the thoughtfulness that went into this! 🧡
archangel11891, July 27, 2021 1:42 AM NST
The Dala Horse design was requested directly by a LOT of players in the TNT board post for July pet days

I love that they did both another character set and gave Peophins the Trident I was hoping for (much nicer than the one that existed before for them!!)
targoefista, July 27, 2021 3:26 AM NST
This makes me really wish they had made the Toy Chia color a nesting doll or something.

I love the color, but maybe they should have left out the joins? Made it look more like it's made out of wood?
ducky - JN Staff, July 27, 2021 8:52 AM NST
@apophis324 They were originally wooden toys for children.

Surely it being so iconic thing for Sweden, it has become very common decorative item rather than toy.

I wonder how I have never bought any on my many trips to Sweden.....
apophis324, July 27, 2021 11:38 PM NST
@ducky: Yeah, I understand. Correct me if I'm wrong though but those original wooden toys.. they didn't have joints to move, right? I wonder why the Peophin has if the Dalecarlian horses didn't. Or is it an action figure based on such horses?
bodhi, July 28, 2021 3:16 PM NST