Altador Cup XVI
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
A searchable database of Neopets images

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XVI

Zelda
Kiko Day Roundup
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on July 19, 2021, 6:09 pm NST

To celebrate Kiko Day, you can now make your pet into a little pearl at the Rainbow Fountain:

Maraquan

Or perhaps this new punk look is more their speed:

topaz644, July 19, 2021 6:15 PM NST
Maraquan Kiko! Now that's thinking outside the box...er shell.

Nice!
bonju, July 19, 2021 6:19 PM NST
Awww I love it! Curious to see how maraquan clothing will work on the new kiko
roshchodesh, July 19, 2021 6:32 PM NST
Awwwwww... a widdle starfish instead of a widdle bandage ♡♡♡♡♡
roshchodesh, July 19, 2021 6:36 PM NST
@ bonju
How cool would it be to use the open clamshell throne background with the Maraquan Kiko. Sort of a Matroska thing.
novelista, July 19, 2021 6:57 PM NST
Surprisingly cute!
thecrazyoo, July 19, 2021 7:14 PM NST
That's as hilarious and ridiculous as it is amazing, I love it.
inkpot, July 19, 2021 7:21 PM NST
Getting painted marquan by their owners must be a common nightmare among Kiko. Imagine enjoying the miracle of having two arms (already missing two legs and having some horrible medical issue that requires constant head bandaging) for years of ur life until one day they're ripped from u and ur stuffed in a shell... I want to read a written horror story like this now about someone's kiko lol.

Anyways, this is adorable.
anomally, July 19, 2021 7:32 PM NST
That is awesome and for the first time in my life, I want a Kiko.
surferboard_girl, July 19, 2021 7:33 PM NST
This is the first and only time I’ve ever wanted a Kiko but WOW do I want a Kiko!
misterflipnote, July 19, 2021 7:50 PM NST
The Maraquan Kiko, like the Maraquan Lutari, was designed by a member of the Neopets community. Kinda reminds me of how in the very early days of Neopets, pet species would be created by users.
chanty, July 19, 2021 7:52 PM NST
Idea by me, @BoredChanty! Yaaay I've been wanting to see my Kiko on JellyNeo!! What an honor

@inkpot LOL
powerwingamber, July 19, 2021 8:02 PM NST
Oh my! I might actually want a Kiko now. Very creative and cute!
pikachu315111, July 19, 2021 8:15 PM NST
@ chanty:
I thought this looked familiar, congrats!
Maybe we can push for your other Maraquan Neopets to also be made official, all of them are great (though I would have made a Quiggle look more like the Frogfish but I see why you also chose the Telescopic Goldfish).

Maybe we can also have them take a look through their NeoCreation Week entries and make some of that stuff into actual Neopets things. I've archived at least the links to them here though sadly there's a lot of images which were taken down: https://ntwriters.proboards.com/thread/53234/neocreation-week-neotober

@ inkpot:
They lose their arms but probably gain control of the shell (maybe also have telepathic communication with their starfish bandage). Maybe they're even able to form pseudo hands out of the purple tissue. And there's also their string of hair, who knows how strong it is and maybe the Kiko can control it and make it longer.
rosi, July 19, 2021 8:34 PM NST
SPECTACULAR!!!
Congratulations, Chanty, TNT should hire you
sprite_83_4, July 19, 2021 10:15 PM NST
@chanty ~wow beautiful work, truly! congratulations i hope we get to see more art from you in the future ^_^
josie, July 19, 2021 10:24 PM NST
That is so cute. What a great idea TNT came up with for this one
1jediboy, July 20, 2021 1:00 AM NST
Some of the most amazing art come from TNT accepting art from their fan-base!
nacbokmagi, July 20, 2021 1:43 AM NST
I love this, the sheer originality is amazing!

Makes me feel furious at Xweetook's and Ogrin's Maraquan designs, those really suck (my opinion!)
apophis324, July 20, 2021 1:48 AM NST
I feel the orientation on the clam shell is a bit off... but it does look very creative ^^ Better than just giving a Kiko gills and a fish tail XD
biediep, July 20, 2021 3:30 AM NST
I was so impressed to see the news today!
Mara Kiko is interesting and really nice, but the fact that they were inspired by a user's art, asked for their permission and even gave them credit in the news for all to see.. I love it!
biediep, July 20, 2021 3:33 AM NST
Ok also I just saw the original art as well as..MARAQUAN PEOPHIN?! o_o I need an account full of those omg.
sketch, July 20, 2021 4:52 AM NST
Is there a way to see the original artwork somewhere??
liup20, July 20, 2021 5:47 AM NST
http://www.neopets.com/~Renpi here are some other incredible designs by the same user!
lava, July 20, 2021 6:06 AM NST
thats so cute whadahel!!
mavegibson, July 20, 2021 10:50 AM NST
This is one of the best paintbrush colors to come out for any pet, ever. I normally can't stand Kikos, but this is adorable. Well done!!
mavegibson, July 20, 2021 10:52 AM NST
@chanty - I love all of your designs. Very cool. Congrats on seeing one of your ideas come too life!!
butterflyvj, July 20, 2021 1:37 PM NST
...I never thought I'd want a Kiko, but this one is hilarious and gorgeous!

@chanty : I've looked at your Maraquan designs and all of them look spectacular! I really like that you researched actual sea animals and decided what color patterns would look cool! Keep up the creativity!
enchanting_ghosts, July 20, 2021 3:27 PM NST
This is too cute!
sketch, July 20, 2021 4:02 PM NST
@chanty those are so amazing!! And it's not cuz a pet is already aquatic that it can't have a maraquan form
contessa, July 20, 2021 10:09 PM NST
I have never thought much of Kikos but wow, this is so cute and even better it was a Neopian who thought it up and that they gave you your due credit! I am so glad they did that and I looked at the page listed, those are some lovely designs!