Altador Cup XVI
A searchable database of Neopets images
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XVI

Zelda
Altador Cup Staff Tournament
  • Posted by Zelda
  • Posted on June 9, 2021, 4:12 pm NST

The Altador Cup Staff Tournament has begun! The format is the same as in previous years—each week, you'll select two forwards, two defenders, and a goalie to form your fantasy team. Based on how well they play, you'll earn points.

You have today and tomorrow (until midnight NST, Thursday 10th June) until midnight NST, Monday 14th June to select or change your team lineup for round 1. Not sure who to pick? Check out last year's staff tournament results to see who excelled and who struggled. Not everyone's a returning player this year, though, so ultimately you'll just have to trust your instincts!

Note: Bonus prizes are once again available for correctly guessing each round's star player. Be sure to select a star player from among your team members each week for a chance at that extra prize.

rodgerflint, June 9, 2021 6:17 PM NST
Getting a 504 Gateway Time-out error on neopets XD
rosi, June 9, 2021 6:19 PM NST
Yup, I was trying to send scores in SOSD and got the error message. Funny we always check here to see if Neopets is down or it's just us ù_ù''''
apophis324, June 10, 2021 12:57 AM NST
Why did the page say we only have until Thursday midnight, but we actually have until Monday to make a team? Who messed that up? And since when do we have until Monday? I thought they always announced the winners over the weekend?
quailbat - JN Staff, June 10, 2021 10:30 AM NST
Because JS has missed updating a few details for this cup. Monday has been the date since the staff tourney page went live yesterday morning - check the FAQs. This year is not business as usual...
serpentshrine, June 10, 2021 11:23 AM NST
Do these guys actually like. Play the games. Or does a system just spit out random numbers per round
serpentshrine, June 10, 2021 11:24 AM NST
Also idc either way, play or don't, I'm just hella curious. Personally I would hate it if my boss made me play broken flash games once a year
zeelink, June 11, 2021 1:12 AM NST
Quailbat, does JN staff have any communication with TNT about the cheating? Do you maybe know if they are working on it at least? It's really frustrating that they're not making any comments.
skooarnd, June 11, 2021 6:14 AM NST
Does anyone know a fix for getting yyb to load? The "Play Now" button is not clickable at all for me.

Is this happening for everyone?
zeelink, June 11, 2021 6:16 AM NST
Skooarnd, you can fix that by zooming out to 50%. It's a problem for most on desktop yeah.
roshchodesh, June 11, 2021 8:05 AM NST
TNT staff may get reeeeally low scores this year.
quailbat - JN Staff, June 11, 2021 2:42 PM NST
@zeelink we don't know, but it's so blatant they have to know. We can only hope they are working on a solution.
Some updates to the games were already pushed this morning, and we should get an update on the TNT staff board by they end of the day with a summary changes and outstanding issues.
zeelink, June 11, 2021 10:31 PM NST
Ah, thanks for letting me know!
alessia, June 11, 2021 11:46 PM NST
An easy solution would be to reduce to 1/10 the total scores they get... =____= Let's see if they still find so funny to cheat =___=
zeelink, June 12, 2021 12:06 AM NST
Alessia, I am on LD and it's not the regular team cheating, we were joined by a cheating group. Believe me we are not having a good time at all.
alessia, June 12, 2021 1:08 AM NST
Don't worry, I know for sure. Unfortunately every year these stupid cheaters join a different team, that's why I think something should be done once and for all
zeelink, June 12, 2021 2:06 AM NST
Yeah that's very true, sorry I misinterpreted your comment. I even wouldn't mind of they nerfed LD's score at this point, if only we could just get rid of the cheaters.
alessia, June 12, 2021 12:45 PM NST
I feel so sorry for the honest players of these teams, you give your best but your team's name is ruined by this stupid ones... Some years ago even my team Faerieland had been affected... I couldn't even enjoy the results (and Faerieland is not a team that usually wins a game) because I knew something was wrong
draakonikihv, June 12, 2021 2:56 PM NST
Are there any plans for Jellyneo tournament?
dave - JN Staff, June 12, 2021 7:25 PM NST
@draakonikihv: No, not this year. We decided to retire that event with the 2019 season.
daughters_ofthe_moon, June 13, 2021 4:37 AM NST
Are the scores supposed to be registering with the practise team? None of the games are registering that I played on the main page
daughters_ofthe_moon, June 13, 2021 4:37 AM NST
@dave I want the negg hunt back, I miss that, it was epic!
draakonikihv, June 13, 2021 6:41 AM NST
@Dave - sorry to hear that. I was always looking forward to it, especially this year.

Still - thank you for all the effort you put into it
dave - JN Staff, June 13, 2021 10:07 AM NST
@daughters_ofthe_moon @draakonikihv: Sadly, the staffers who were mostly responsible for bringing those events to JN have long retired. So we decided to focus our remaining resources on other things, like new tools/features/etc.
contessa, June 13, 2021 11:10 AM NST
@ Dave, yes I too miss both of those events but I am glad that you keep this site updated so much, you guys do a much better job than they do on the Neo site itself!