Hunt for Neggs!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Help us model your pets!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

Last Day: Festival of Neggs
  • Posted on April 20, 2021, 2:45 pm NST

April 21st: Final prizes are live! To claim them, you'll need to read through the final set of dialogue at Kari's Campsite, then head off to the Rainbow Fountain to find Topsi one last time, and then finally head back to the Campsite for the grand finale.

This year's Festival of Neggs is coming to a close today, April 20th. Make sure you find all 15 of your neggs, as tomorrow the final prizes will be awarded.

From the news today:

Festival of Neggs News: This year's Festival is drawing to a close! Today is your last chance to find all of the neggs, so start solving those clues while you still can. And be sure to return to Kari's Campsite tomorrow to finish the event and collect your prize(s)!

(Originally it was assumed that there would be 16 neggs to find, but apparently tomorrow is counting as only the final prize day, not a final negg-finding day.)

For a full rundown of where to go, check out our guide:

The accompanying NC Event, Dip & Dye Neggs, will be available until April 30th for you to redeem your Dyeing Kits.

begeorge2424, April 20, 2021 2:47 PM NST
Aren't there only 15 neggs?
maxgarou, April 20, 2021 5:03 PM NST
I'm glad it's ending. It's been a boring event, especially with the bug that locks you on a single prize for every egg... I got lots of Pawkeets and Jungle backgrounds! I just wanted the books and had to buy them, otherwise I wouldn't have obtained them.
scorchado, April 20, 2021 8:39 PM NST
@maxgarou oh man was that a thing? i got different prizes with every negg, i have some extra books if you didn't manage to get one
contessa, April 20, 2021 8:50 PM NST
Same thing happened to me but luckily it was the Stamp and the Void blade, got lots of each of those. A friend of mine got about seven Pawkeets too.
bonju, April 20, 2021 11:07 PM NST
It was a cute event but agreed it was a bit boring. I got excited when it started because it seemed there would be some storyline but nope
bonju, April 20, 2021 11:08 PM NST
I will say that the festival of neggs page looks really good, and I liked how they made the dialogues
apophis324, April 21, 2021 12:16 AM NST
Kids friendly my Xweetok's fuzzy behind! Terminator-reference aside, that Topsi Cyborg was nightmare fuel! And of course totally not a threat at all *shrugs*

Let's give the whole plan a thought-over. Dr. Frank Sloth, ultimate genius, diabolical mastermind and creator of mutants and robots.. foresaw his imprisonment in the Space Faerie's amulet.. and made a PINK robot Cybunny.. that he programmed to hide Neggs once a year... until a moment came for it to tackle Mira and steal the amulet to set his creator free? Did I get that right? Because... it doesn't really make sense to me when I write it out like that..

But I do have to add.. Kari looked kind of adorable in that Space Faerie get-up. And we got a boat-load of decent prizes... so it wasn't all a waste. It's just too bad TNT keeps wrecking lore..
mortychichi, April 21, 2021 12:24 AM NST
Well that escalated quickly...

Tbh I did enjoy the suspense and the story but I wish they made it so that it was a cyborg version of Topsi instead of Topsi being a cyborg all along. What's next? Are they going to say that the Space Faerie and Sloth are the same person? I hate how they greatly distort Neopia lore like this...

The art was surprisingly good though, I was actually startled for a split second when cyborg Topsi jumped out. Also Space Faerie Kari is beyond adorable <3
alex, April 21, 2021 12:54 AM NST
I like the hoodie.
alex, April 21, 2021 12:56 AM NST
And the background is really nice
mogster, April 21, 2021 1:02 AM NST
Well...that was different. Sort of suddenly horror game territory for a minute.
powerwingamber, April 21, 2021 2:10 AM NST
I liked creepy Robo-Topsy and the Terminator vibes. I do wish the story was weaved better into the actual event, though. Maybe making it sort of a mystery where you could get an extra prize for figuring out what Topsy actually was and who he worked for and all that. Oh well. Wishful thinking, I guess.

At least I got all the negg items before the event ended and all the prizes.
shakespeareofborg, April 21, 2021 3:44 AM NST
The Borg approves of Cyborg Topsi.
pikachu315111, April 21, 2021 3:45 AM NST
I love all these images, lol

Space Faerie Kari:

Topsi:

Dr. Neggistential:
pikachu315111, April 21, 2021 3:46 AM NST
Whoops, forgot one:
pikachu315111, April 21, 2021 4:14 AM NST
Sorry for triple posting, just also wanted to post this background of behind the Rainbow Fountain I really like. Hoped it would be made into a wearable Background which we sort of got but it was different from this background:

mamsmelk_jr, April 21, 2021 6:43 AM NST
Unfortunately I missed one Topsi find, but I did get all the prizes I wanted so that is good. (not all on the correct day though)
roshchodesh, April 21, 2021 7:28 AM NST
"You really believe Topsi has been a robot this whole time? Surely you can’t be serious doctor!"

Yes, I am serious... and stop calling me Shirley!

(an homage to Airplane!)
bonju, April 21, 2021 8:05 AM NST
LMAO that ending. I liked it. Very over the top, and the art was surprisingly good
dave - JN Staff, April 21, 2021 9:37 AM NST
Re: the artwork being nice, that's due to TNT working with Tiger Catcher on a freelance basis to do art for events like this.

(Yes, that Tiger Catcher: https://bookofages.jellyneo.net/characters/1501/)
dreww355, April 21, 2021 9:40 AM NST
I was hoping the story might continue on for longer, but it was still a fun event. They could have just easy done a regular negg hunt with no story, so this is a step up in my mind. I think it might have helped if there were a couple more story scenes through the event, rather than just at the beginning and end.
alli_draggy, April 21, 2021 10:50 AM NST
@mortychichi
I'd hardly call it a distortion of Neopian lore, seeing as Topsi was never really involved in lore to begin with and was invented specifically for the Festival of Neggs.
alli_draggy, April 21, 2021 10:51 AM NST
Also, I'm intrigued by the mentioning of King Terask's Bionic Cybunnies. Implies that either on some level, Neoquest is canon, or Sloth was inspired by a video game. Both of which are pretty cool possibilities.
logicalwhimsy, April 21, 2021 11:18 AM NST
Or they looked up "Bionic Cybunny" on the Book of Ages, which makes no mention of NQ2 within the context of Site or Neopia Canon.

Honestly, Jumpstaff have yet to win me over with their attempts at storytelling. TWR, Lyra, that whole thing with Kanrik... sigh. For me this was worse but yeah. There's always next time, I guess. *shrugs*
1jediboy, April 21, 2021 12:54 PM NST
@roshchodesh - 👏

@dave - OH! A classic TNT member! No wonder the art was so good! We need to draw attention to that and voice how much we appreciate it! Maybe they'll bring Tiger Catcher back!

@alli_draggy - "Neoquest is canon, or Sloth was inspired by a video game."
That's a good point!
allanmennezess, April 21, 2021 2:10 PM NST
The mini-plot was so funny hahahaha
And I just loved the Neoquest II Bionic Cybunny reference. I hope TNT make more things like that. So nostalgic and funny!
sinavarice, April 21, 2021 3:41 PM NST
I'm screaming I loved the ending
pikachu315111, April 21, 2021 3:50 PM NST
Festival of Neggs 2021 Final Thoughts:

* I feel compared to last year this was mostly a letdown while ramping things up at the end (but we'll get to that). I feel they could have done a better job with giving the hints. Last year I think most days gave us some insight on who stole the Neggs, while this year is was mostly fluff with only clues at the beginning and end. Maybe even provide additional hints via the Topsi Hide-And-Seek.

* Speaking of the Topsi Hide-And-Seek, it was poorly implemented and a lot of people forgot about it as there was nothing to remind them to do it. After finding the Negg they could have had Kari remind us the look for Topsi and even have a counter on the main page showing us how many times we found him/still need to find him. And considering what was going on with Topsi, it felt out-of-place as had nothing to do with the story. If they wanted to add in a 2nd activity to do I wouldn't mind them brining back the Plain Plastic Negg hunts TNT did between 2012 & 2014. Or, to keep with the story, maybe we join Dr. Neggistential in investigating what's wrong with Topsi, getting some additional items in the process (sorta like the 2011 Festival Quests). :huh

* That leads into the story. So we all figured Topsi was under Sloth's influence in someway... I just didn't think they would go the route they did. Topsi was a Sloth-made android this entire time? Feels fanfic-ish, something we'd made a joke about on the Neoboards and the Neopian Times. What's next, Granny Hopbobbin was a criminal kingpin this entire time? And exactly what was Sloth's plan for Topsi anyway? What does Kari and the Festival of Neggs have anything to do with the Space Faerie? And of course, this now brings up the question are there any other Sloth-made Sleeper Androids? I'll give JS this, it was a surprising ending and gave us some wild imagery, and bigger picture I guess it doesn't change much as they're reprogamming Topsi to be "normal" again. Still, giving the Ne
pikachu315111, April 21, 2021 3:50 PM NST
Still, giving the Neggbreaker a brother in the Neggnapper is fine, but I feel this is going a bit far and I hope JS dials it back. BTW, is JS implying the Space Faerie got her Token back? That would be major news as now they would technically has Sloth in custody; infact I'd imagine Mira would hand off the Token to either The Resistance, Faerieland, or even the Defenders of Neopia so they could lock Sloth away (maybe even put him on trial).

* Prizes were pretty good this year. Going by the Neggs first, big winners were "Lady Blurg" with a Stamp and "Void" with a pretty nice BD weapon (and a book). "Wild" having a nice Background, Petpet, and book also made it a Negg you could never go wrong picking. Sadly "Chalkboard" and "Rippling Colours" didn't really have anything good in them (though all prizes looked pretty). Final Prizes are pretty nice too, don't really have a complaint about them.
corruptora, April 21, 2021 4:00 PM NST
Anyone knows if you buy the single kit you get to choose a specific prize from any of the three neggs?
roshchodesh, April 21, 2021 4:31 PM NST
Question, Please. The Hacker Hoodie... dripping numbers like 'The Matrix'... zeroes and twos??? Shouldn't it be zeroes and ONES?

pikachu315111, April 21, 2021 5:14 PM NST
@ roshchodesh:
Those are 1s, they just made the base line and top notch long.
novelista, April 21, 2021 6:31 PM NST
I found every egg every day they were released...and I got the honorable mention prizes.
roshchodesh, April 21, 2021 7:52 PM NST
Oh thank you, pikachu315111, that was kind of you to come to my aid. ♡ I see it now.
dark169, April 21, 2021 9:04 PM NST
Now I want Mecha-Topsi as a Battledome opponent.
chaosshadow, April 21, 2021 9:05 PM NST
That went in directions I did not expect and I was delighted.
demoness_sapphire, April 22, 2021 12:17 AM NST
Awesome!

I love the prizes! ♥

I didn't get an item, the BG one. Got a green checkmark on a day.
apophis324, April 22, 2021 12:33 AM NST
@pikachu315111:
Granny Hopbobbin being a criminal mastermind? Now that's an interesting thought.. Keep in mind that that machine of hers seems to grind down everything you toss into it, including Petpets. Seems pretty diabolical to me.

But indeed.. the story of this event made no sense.. Did we really need a story? I really wonder if "Topsi being a sleeper agent" was something the team thought of when introducing Topsi for the first time, or if it was something they thought would make this event more interesting... And what about next year? Will we work with a now-reformed Topsibot? At least give it its fur back...
dark169, April 22, 2021 4:13 AM NST
That Hacker Hoodie really puts the "Neo" back into "Neopets"
recklesse, April 22, 2021 5:51 AM NST
Some of us have always suspected Granny Hopbobbin of criminal intent.

(just thought I should point that out)...
topaz644, April 22, 2021 9:52 AM NST
hybrid Neo is the new neo. or schizo neo.

hybrid website, hybrid lore.

They need to freelance with Herdy when it comes to story telling.
clock_flower, April 22, 2021 10:14 AM NST
As I mentioned on the boards, the best part is if they end up having a plot where Sloth escapes, then Topsi can use his robot abilities to help the forces of good fight against him and that would be awesome [br]
Wasn't the Neggnapper last year (or maybe the year before)? Tbh, as far as that goes I like that the addition of the 'napper makes him and the Neggbreaker look like a mutated Jimmi and Woogy
ryizen, April 22, 2021 10:17 AM NST
My only and biggest question is: has Topsi been a robot FOR THE WHOLE TIME?
clock_flower, April 22, 2021 10:28 AM NST
@ryizen That's certainly what Dr. Neggsistential made it sound like! If he is to be believed, Sloth created Topsi to find/take down the Space Faerie, but that part of Topsi's programming was to remain dormant so he could blend in with the other Neopians (during which time he developed his own personality, which probably wasn't in the plan), and the fountain water essentially short-circuited him to where it activated the dormant part of his programming and made him hostile.
joe, April 22, 2021 11:08 AM NST
as a faithful Sloth minion since year 1, I do question the validity of some things, but I want to give them a lot of credit.

They're trying to bring life back to the site, and they took the info that we've all thought Topsi was weird and strange for years and totally ran with it.

Yeah there could have been some more details and some different back story. but the fact that they based it on a loose fan theory (that topsi is creepy!) and built a lead up around it, says a heck of a lot more positive than negative.

Also it should be pointed out that it says you can only visit the campsite until the 30th. I imagine prizes will not longer be available after that date. (I inquired if I get to keep anything unclaimed, still no response)
tuxonimo, April 22, 2021 12:11 PM NST
I have no idea of why i can't claim my event rewards, any kind neopian can help me with that issue?
joe, April 22, 2021 12:17 PM NST
@tuxonimo
Theres a final step to the event before the prizes show up, if you dont do that they wont. (Talk to Kari, do what she says)

If youve done that, provide more info on what you are seeing and we'll try to help.
quailbat - JN Staff, April 22, 2021 3:14 PM NST
@corruptora you can pick any of the prizes except for the bonuses