Hunt for Neggs!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Earn NP from playing games!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Festival of Neggs

Quail
Lutari Day Roundup
  • Posted by Quail
  • Posted on April 19, 2021, 4:21 pm NST

It's Lutari Day in Neopia, and a new colour is now available:

Elderlyboy | Elderlygirl

A new clothing set is also now active:

saiphami, April 19, 2021 4:31 PM NST
yikes
cutypie349514, April 19, 2021 4:56 PM NST
thanks I hate them!
pasqui - JN Staff, April 19, 2021 5:02 PM NST
I think they look great! The only disappointment is that they have the same base colour with only the goatee being the difference. But I'm mostly interested in the clothes which I love and will probably use on my newly created Lutari.
purplebin, April 19, 2021 5:09 PM NST
I wonder if in "real life", once a Lutari is painted, if the Elderlygirl base might be different.
powerwingamber, April 19, 2021 5:25 PM NST
The color scheme is almost identical to Zombie.
(Pre-Zombie?)
inkpot, April 19, 2021 5:34 PM NST
really disappointed the new lutari's weren't one of the og ~cool~ colors like halloween, darigan or tyrannian....

elderly looks fine i guess. i get they look a little goofy but they remind me of that one grandpa playing chess in one of those pixar shorts animations? they really should have changed up the colors a little though... i mean it takes seconds to make a little swerve in the hue adjustment.

the clothing set just confuses me, personally... i'm guessing i'm missing a reference? because just WHAT is it that he's holding in his hand? i like shirt/cape i guess. hoping the hood is set to static so wigs can go under? not holding my breath on that one though.
roshchodesh, April 19, 2021 7:55 PM NST
@ inkpot - so true,, I agree. (A cane tall enough to reach your nose would be a hindrance, not an aid.)
Elderly Lutaris on their island might dress more 'tropical' style - which would be way more fun. And a shuffle board thingie instead of a cane. Yeah.
archangel11891, April 19, 2021 8:15 PM NST
@x_snake_man_x - A new rogue/bandit style outfit was requested on TNT's ideas board. So this is a response to users, not just TNT being "idiots"
inkpot, April 19, 2021 8:51 PM NST
@roshchodesh okay the point about the cane is hilarious. i knew it looked to chunky but i didn't even think about how it's practically useless, lol.
ducky - JN Staff, April 19, 2021 9:17 PM NST
You silly, cane is so long that you can better reach youngsters who you want to knock with it when they misbehave! It's not to assist walk.
thecrazyoo, April 19, 2021 9:40 PM NST
It's called "Get Off My Lawn Paint Brush" for a reason, I guess
apophis324, April 20, 2021 12:10 AM NST
So that metal thing in the Rogue Lutari Gloves... The description states they're gloves for Lutari with sticky fingers, so we can assume it's something he/she pilfered. It looks like it could be a dog-tag though, a small metal plate with a piece of string attached to it? Maybe his/her most recent victim / next target?
apophis324, April 20, 2021 12:13 AM NST
(PS. Off topic: I think someone forgot to add a step to their Festival of Neggs.. Where is Dr. Neggistential? He had something important to tell me?)
roshchodesh, April 22, 2021 1:41 PM NST
@ducky-staff
Ahhhh, the cane explained, thank you. Now. I need one for myself

The item in his glove is his hearing aid